Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RUR Goes Public!!

RUR Goes Public!!

OVERVIEW

We, at RUR, have been looking at ways to finance our business expansion plans, and specifically fund our research in a brand new range of lifestyle robots, the first of which we hope to unveil very soon.

To that effect we have decided to float RUR on the Rubi-Ka stock exchange. Thus RUR will become a RUR PLC, a Public Limited Company.

What this means is that as of June 1st anyone regardless of faction will be able to buy RUR shares.

We intend to issue 100,000 RUR shares at the special offer price of 10 Credits per share.

RUR shareholders will be entitled to
    (1) a share of the profits (the day RUR actually becomes profitable)
    (2) voting rights in proportion to their share holding at the RUR Annual General Meeting or any Extraordinary General Meeting
    (3) a FREE solar calculator

THE IMPORTANT BIT

To apply for shares in RUR replay to this thread or email gsoylent@hotmail.com stating you name and how many shares you would like to purchase.

Shares will be sold in blocks of 5000 (i.e. please apply for 5000, 10000, 15000 etc…). If demand exceeds supply then you may be allocated fewer shares than you bid for. The price will stay fixed at 10cr per share regardless so you will pay less as well.

Applications must be in by June 1st.

ADDITIONAL NOTES

RUR will maintain a register of shareholders so that we know to whom dividends are due. Members of the public buy and sell existing RUR shares between themselves. However both new and old owners have to register the transaction with RUR for the transfer to be valid.

Please note individual shareholders are not liable by law for any financial loss incurred by or legal taken against RUR.

Note also that share prices may down as well as up. As the old saying goes, do not invest into the stock market any funds you could not afford to lose.

Many thanks to Miremeld from RUR fiance department for working on this project. Any question please ask!

Dabblez

Rubi-Ka Universal Robots
    Last edited by Savoy; May 16th, 2004 at 22:20:54.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

This is a lock.

I would like to apply for 5000 shares! I have scraped together just enough money from my bank and from my Grandma! She is of poor health, but this thing has practically no risk and with the profits I may be able to get her that treatment she needs. I would have never managed it with just my copper's pay.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

I'd like to apply for 10,000 shares.
    ((/tell phallos for the money))
    Arvid Phallos Persson
    Member of The Mockers
    Former Colonel of Mercury Dragons

This is a call on 20,000 shares of RUR public stock to be registered under the name of Meta Durousseau. It is my hope that this IPO from RUR will be the beginning of a brighter, more prosperous future for the company.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Please mark me down for 50,000 shares. This is a great opportunity.
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

What an interesting oppertunity. I would like 10,000 shares.

Please put Damon 'Korejar' Thompon down for 20,000 shares, or at least the remaining 5,000 shares that seems to be left from the above posters.

Thank you,
    Last edited by Korejar; May 17th, 2004 at 22:57:10.
    Damon 'Korejar' Thompon
    ~Society of Salvation~
    Living Life at the Rusty Wrench

Official Chewtoy of Regulas and Timelapse
    Foil makes a dandy hat to keep the sun out of your eyes.... as well as Regulas's mind control rays out of your brain!

Thank you everyone for your interest in buying shares of our company. We'll be taking applications for shares up to June the 1st. After that date we will get in touch with each and everyone one of you to complete the transaction.

Korejar, don't worry about shares running out. If the share offer is oversubscribed (i.e the combined shares applied for is greater than the 100,000 shares on offer), we will offer each applicant less shares than they asked for (i.e. some one who applied for 20,000 shares might only get 10,000 ). What we do want to do is turn potential shareholders away.

Best Regards,

Dabblez

Originally posted by Savoy
    What we do want to do is turn potential shareholders away.
    *coughs* Um, you mean, don't, right?
    Damon 'Korejar' Thompon
    ~Society of Salvation~
    Living Life at the Rusty Wrench

Official Chewtoy of Regulas and Timelapse
    Foil makes a dandy hat to keep the sun out of your eyes.... as well as Regulas's mind control rays out of your brain!

Administrator Houston here requesting 20,000 shares.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Originally posted by Korejar

*coughs* Um, you mean, don't, right?
    Hehe, yes. We don't want to turn away any potential shareholders.

RUR definitly need support. I'd apply for 20k shares
    Emilia Enrima Orender, fixer of First Light
    "Whole idea on fixer is being fast, hard to hit. hard to catch and sleazy person in every way. If rooting gives you edge, do it. If u need to chain root, do it. In pvp u use every tool given to you. You are not a knight in shining armor, you are a gangster and thief. You sure dont have to play fair." Snowlion

Hmm...

This is interesting, but I need more information. Is there a prospectus? At the very least, what percentage holding in the company does this represent? I assume Omni-Tek is maintaining a controlling interest...
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)

Well actually RUR has always been owned been an independent company fully owned by its employees. If Omni-tek wants a stake of RUR they will have to buy shares like anyone else.

Dabblez

Ya, um.. Popster'd like some too. 10.000 shares will do.

Originally posted by Savoy
    Well actually RUR has always been owned been an independent company fully owned by its employees. If Omni-tek wants a stake of RUR they will have to buy shares like anyone else.

Dabblez
    Since all of RUR's employees are also Omni-Tek employees, I'm afraid this distinction is semantic at best.

-Blackpetal
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)

Originally posted by Blackpetal

Since all of RUR's employees are also Omni-Tek employees, I'm afraid this distinction is semantic at best.

-Blackpetal
    Not really. Take Miir or Mongol Meat. The Miir salesperson in an Omni town scans Omni, the Mirr salesperson in a Clan town scans Clan. But there is no question both these individuals are working for Miir.

There many people who live and work in Omni towns without being directly employed by Omni-Tek. All you need is a work and residence permit. The day Omni-Tek starts paying me a salary we can talk about this again.

Dabblez
    Last edited by Savoy; May 19th, 2004 at 23:31:35.

I may be a martial artist, but I am interested in the advances you have made with technology. I'll take 10,000 shares.
    Unity of the Rose

D Dmanz Farrar 167 Martial Artist

Hmm, she thinks..... RUR seems a good place to put some of this money that is around. Might be a nice investment for Fw when he retires.

She fires off a quick note :

" Please allocate 50,000 shares in the name of Falconwings Truefriend, The Bench (tm), Rome Park, or what amount is availaible. I Falconwingjr will assume financial responsibility for the payment"

Pleased, she sits retires for the evening.

The woman in white finishes reading the stock news and smiles, nodding pleseantly.

"This would be the perfect present for the kids!"

A few rapid strokes and clicks of fingernails upon input board forms the simple request ...

"Please set aside two 10,000 share blocks in the name's of Misty "Datababe" Hereda and "Inert" Hereda. Purchase price will be deducted from the account of Fransisca "Mythia" McKesson.

Blessings to you."

One last fingernail tap sends the message upon it's electronic journey.
    Fransisca "Mythia" McKesson
    Meta Punter Of Rubi Ka

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast