Thread: Gimme the skinny on PVP

Talking Gimme the skinny on PVP

Howdy folks. I've been playing AO for awhile now, but have as yet to PVP. I'm interested in trying it out...but would like to get the lowdown first.

Does it basically work like PvM? If killed do I start back at the last terminal? Is XP involved for taking out another player? Can you ransack a victim's body for items or cred?

Anyone kind enough to give me the 'skinny' is more than welcome to blow my lowlevel butt to kingdom come, when I enter the politcal zones!

Oh yeah one more thing:
    OMNI FOREVER!!!!

If killed, you appear back at the last place you saved, just as if killed by a monster.

You get no experience for killing anyone in PVP. You do lose experience if you get killed, though, if you haven't saved at an insurance terminal since you made that exp. So save before you go into the pvp zone.

Theoretically, you can only ransack the victim's body for any items they've acquired since they last saved at an insurance terminal. And only if they lost some significant amount of exp when you kill them. This never seems to happen, though, as everyone saves before they enter pvp zones.

You do 50% damage to other players in PVP, and they do 50% damage to you. And all special attacks are capped so they can only do 40% of whatever the person's max hit points are. So you can't hit someone for a full auto or aimed shot of 2000 if they only have 2000 hit points.

Most of the PVP which goes on happens in the 2holes area. Since you're omni, you should enter through the whompa into 2holes, rather than the grid, as there are omni guards by the whompa and so it's going to be safer for you.