Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Independant Rubikans President Oliewabie vanishes.

Independant Rubikans President Oliewabie vanishes.

Last Saturday,... The Independant Rubikans members lost communications with their President.
    For the past week Oliewabie had been searching for Arul Gems in the Shadowlands.
    Since that time , lost complete communcation with their President.
    Approximately at the same time a HUGE migration of Neutral forces had been reported.

Alarmed and extemely su****ious of the concurrence of these two events,... Destractor launched an investigation.
    Entering the Office of the President, Destractor eyes immediatly caugth the open vault.
    On the floor beneath documents and notes lay scattered.
    Destractors definetely smelled the stench of a hasty departure.

"B*tch he yelled" and ran off.
    Last edited by Basiel; May 16th, 2004 at 09:43:37.
    Oliewabie
    Entertainer and Rubi-Ka Trotter

Feel free to visit:
    Olie's Arul Saba Store - Gems and Bracer
    Free Champagne and refreshements

Suddenly he stoppded in his tracks,.. turned around
    and picked up the an ancient recording device at the door of the office.

It seems she left me , surely, an UN-intended testimony, he grinned.
    she should not have such big holes in her pockets when she tries to steal, Destractor muttered to himself.

Destractor feeded the recording to his descrambler and listened carefully.

Date: 2 years ago

(Destractor made a mental note to himself: shortly
    before her joining The Independant Rubikans)

"""Start of transmission"""

<<<**** Dreammate **** >>>>

Mission approved: Go in and infiltrate IR for us,
    Informer Oliewabie.
    Your contact will be Morsser.
    Dont talk to me again until mission accomplished.

"""End of transmission"""
    Last edited by Basiel; May 16th, 2004 at 09:46:18.
    Oliewabie

Feel free to visit:

Destractor follows his robot Marvin into a small warehouse south west of Borealis.
    Shards of metal cover the ground where the door once was.

So this is Oliewabies storeroom is it, Destractor mutters to himself.

Boxes of gems and bracers stand neatly laid out across the shelves of 2 walls while a vat of liquid silver bubbles in a corner, furnaces still heating it.

"These should cover the money stolen from our bank shouldn't they?" Destractor exclaims to Marvin.
    "Easily" replies the monotone voice

Destractor loads all of value into his bags and takes one last look around. What was he missing? Oliewabie could not just have been after the money, her shop pulled in more in a week than the guild made in a month.

What did she have to gain from infiltrating the Independent Rubikans? What was happening to cause the migration of neutrals? What was Dreammates connection?

Too many questions.

Well he had what he came for. The questions could wait, events always had a way of unfolding and he had a vault to fill.

!!! Damm you Destractor,!!!

Olie shouts with all the power in her lungs.

Standing in the ashes of her tourched down Shop, her feet searches the floor.
    Her hands in the pockets playing with her reward,.. a shiny "Hold Hell at Bay" ring.

Zarandia did keep up an old promise for delivering those secret, compromising IR documents ,...Olie grins between her teeth.

Ahaaa,... here it is Olie smiles wickedly.

Carefully removing the debris around her feet she bends down and opens a small vault in the floor.

Sparkels appear in Olie's eye as she inspects the contents of the vault.

As she walks away,..Olie turns around once last time. Looking sad at the ashes of what was once her pride and joy.

Her inner Assassin soul cries out loud:

!!! Des,.. we are NOT over yet ,!!!

The now resolute steps directing her into the shadows.
    Last edited by Basiel; May 17th, 2004 at 10:52:15.
    Oliewabie

Feel free to visit:

Destractor sits in a cave outside Borealis.

A wire suspends a gem a few feet from the ground, coiling around a pulley on the roof of the cave and back to his hand.

Three leets eye the gem hopefully.

Destractor rubs the back of his neck in thought.

What to do with these gems? The bank is empty thanks to that dang agent so I need to sell some of these gems. Olie will be looking out for any public transactions and I would rather not let her know my location.

Destractor looks down at his comms panel. Who has good contacts and can keep things under their hat?

One of the leets takes a running jump at the gem that disappears upwards with a tug on the wire. The leet falls to the ground and looks back up to the now lowered gem.
    "WTF" it chirrups.
    The leets return to stare at the gem longingly.

Well I guess Pyromanche could do some networking, a fixer who doesn't wear bright blue armour should be able to keep a low profile.

Destractor selects an encoded frequency and puts out a call through his comms panel. Well I guess I'll just have to wait to see if Pyro can find any buyers.
    Word of me obtaining these gems must be out by now, I am sure that others will come out of the woodwork to make a few quick credits.
    Last edited by Destractor; May 19th, 2004 at 23:41:05.

"the meeting"

**May 15th Called off planet to a meeting**
    Entering the dimly lit office, a man is seated on the leather couch. Legs crossed, hands on his knees. His face hidden in shadows, voice stern as he spoke "Hello Emma, it's been a while." The tall woman smiles softly, "Hello sir. Good to see you again." "The job is done?" his voice excited by the possibility.
    Slowly she sits in the chair across from him, quietly turning on the comm-link to her office for her assistant to record the conversation. "Phase one complete sir." Leaning forward he asked quickly,"tell me all about it"
    Clearing her throat, "Oliewabie has disappeard, with her the documents and the total of the IR bank account" "I assume "the" documents means "our" documents, Emma?" "Yes sir, our documents. Last year I put them into the IR files while Yarko was Leader, for some odd reason he was su****ious but I never knew why. It was easier to have him drugged than to worry about it." She paused for a moment and then went on, "By the time Olie took power, The Union and IR had excellent relations, so I was able to win her trust, and could freely observe and collect information, all it took was time."
    "A few days ago there was a mass migration of high level neutrals to the same organization that Olie was contracted by, Circle G, Inc." The man raised his hand to stop her, "What do you mean a mass migration to CG?" "Just that sir, they left other organizations, some really stripped of members now to do it too. This issue is currently under investigation." "And you Emma?" "What about me?" "Where do you stand?" The woman's face looked cross at the ignorance of the man, "I stand firmly where I am sir."
    The man sat back, calm in knowing his trust was well founded, "Then you may begin phase two"

Back in her quarters, the Fixer filled out reports and maintained a watch of the comm-channels. Preparing for her return to Rubika.

Message, dated May 19th: Your needed back Home. Please come straight to the office when you get here.
    Last edited by Pyromanche; May 20th, 2004 at 13:20:45.
    Emma "Pyromanche" Peele, Neutral Kingpin RK1
    Founder of The Union
    President

Reading the latest gridfeeds, Cathern caught something of interest. "Hmmmm....Olie gone missing. A shame, she was rather likeable." Cathern had never been all that close to the Independent Rubikan president though they had occaisionally hunted and chatted before. Cathern hoped she was all right.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Yarko opens his eyes. “This was a rather long meditation” he thinks. He looks at the layers of dust covering his books, the furniture, the floor. “A very long one by the looks of it…” he frowns.
    “Anything happened Urolok?” In the dark corner, two green glowing eyes open.
    Yarko listens in silence. “Hmm” he mumbles “interesting…”

He opens the window and stands there for a while pensively. “Well” he says, turning around “it seems we have some unfinished business to take care of.” The green demon snores happily. “We'll make them know that we are back, don't you worry. But first, we have to consult Des about this.”

As he leaves the whompa, he looks at the empty Borealis square. “Hmm, all exploring those cursed lands I guess.” He walks calmly to his spot in front of the backyard and sits down on the warm concrete, enjoying the sun on his face. “And, of course, still fighting each other, even after all these years.” Yarko sights “if they only knew… if they only knew…”
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Sollstice looks at the double sun rising over Newland Desert. He always liked the sunrise. He looked around the Rhinoman Village he had been in for the past weeks. He found more parts of his vague past. Suddenly a group of Rhinoman run towards the village. "Things are happening in Borealis City. You might want to go back there." The leader speaks. "So it seems..." Sollstice returns. "Thank you for keeping an eye open." After these words he grabs his bag and walks into the desert, on his way back to the world he probably never would understand.
    Maxwell "Sollstice" Ganzer

The official neutral banana

Proud advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Word of me obtaining these gems must be out by now,
    I am sure that others will come out of the woodwork to
    make a few quick credits.

What*ever* do you mean?
    Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Kithrak looked over the information gathered by the grid spiderbots, semi-sentient programs searching through the entire gridnets for relevant information. One of the 'bots' reported in about information regarding an old Neutral organization that he had dealings with in the past. The information concerned the Independent Rubikans, their president missing under su****ious circumstances.

"Hum, I wonder what Oliewabie could be up to." He pressed a key for the bot to continue monitoring and flag any future developments to his attention.

The administrator heard a crash in the room next to his office where his droid was 'working' to help him prepare for next week's rally.

Talking into his wrist-comm. "What is going on in there Guardian Droid? Report in."

The Omni-Admin Guardian Droid walked out of the room, holding an armful of blank picket signs. "Getting ready for next Friday's rally sir."

Kithrak arced a brow at his droid shaking his head in disapproval and wondered for the hundredth time if it is time to wipe its memory and reinstall its operating software.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Meanwhile at the kupocave outside Borealis... a tiny MA in leetform sniffs for clues! ....Remembering Oliewabie enjoyed performing plays down by the pond outside Borealis.. Emiko decides to check there first....
    Last edited by Emiko; May 21st, 2004 at 10:54:43.

My Home on the Web KittySafe Ntwrk
    Quote of the Month: "The day I feel sorry for someone who gets paid for browsing an internet forum is the day I peel off all my skin, make a canoe and set sail for Saturn." Alienchild

Trisagiona read the news and compared them with the days reports downloaded to her handheld pad. She frowned as the most obvious conclusion took form. "This is not good" she mumbled. "Not good at all"
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

Stands around a unconscious gaurd and a frightened cook, looking down at his comm he reads the latest news....

Interesting, people are stealing rare and very valuable gems and im here stealing food...

Massive flames form around his hands as he sees another gaurd coming

I should learn a thing or two from those people...
    Unity of the Rose

D Dmanz Farrar 167 Martial Artist

*returns to Rubika*

**May 20th**

Upon my return to Rubika, I enter my office noticing that my staff is waiting for me. Maroula stands at the console searching for information, Dyanthus has her feet on my desk and her damn boots are muddy.

"Hello Girls" I walk to desk and knock Dyan's feet off. "Don't do that please" Walking around to the chair I sit down. "So Mar, what do you have for me? The message sounded rather urgent"
    Maroula turns to me, her face grave, "Where to begin" she looks down at the floor. "Yarko has resurfaced, Destractor is looking for you as are an assortment of others who have been calling the office. Fortunia is gone."
    "Fortunia was depressed, did she finally do herself in?" I ask knowing in my heart the truth.
    "Yes" Dyan blurts out "I found her in the falls outside Borry. I went to HQ and erased her so that she could go easily. No questions asked." "Poor little shade, this world was too cruel for her"
    "Sorry Dyan, but let's try to remember she was not happy and is now at peace" I watch Dyan quietly sob, she gets up and looks out the window. "Pyro, we have so much work to do, let's just move on."

Maroula, unshaken starts to talk "Here are the copies of the documents that Olie took with her. I put them on this memory chip to keep them safe. I also have set up meetings for you with Destractor and Vera. I think you need to consider this job that your gonna be asked to do... we need the cut for the guild bank. I assume that your going to need this" she hands me a case of 3 memory chips "those hold the information you need along with whatever you got from him at the meeting." She walks to the window, taking Dyan by the shoulders. "We are gonna go, you have alot to do"

I watch them walk out, then load all the information into my computer deck. Reaching into my travel bad and adding the others as well. "it's gonna be a long night"
    Founder of The Union
    President

*A dot suddenly appears in the sky. the dot, suddenly transforms into a plane..... and this plane appears to be... BANG ... has hit the Borealis Radar dish. From the smoking wreckage, A black guy wearing an ICC interops cloaks rolls out, the end of his white ponytail catching on fire*

Well hot damn. Maybe it was a bad idea hacking into this flight school and making it look like i had actually taken lessons on driving this thing.

*The funny looking guy dusts himself, and suddenly notices a team of investigators down in the village*

What the? What's the omni people doing messing around borealis for ? Why are they searching the shacks ?

*The fixer suddenly remembers that it could be a bad thing for the corporates to find him carrying several highly illegal devices within his stuff, and judiciously decides to Activate a grid escape program*
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

¡¦¡¦..It was white. All white¡¦..again.

¡°Geez, it hurts for sure¡¦..¡± Avatar77 mutters as her form regenerates in the Garden of Lord Mordeth. Mortiigs¡¦Mortiigs were everywhere and completely out of control.

¡°Sorry doctor, this enlightenment thingy blinded my sight and made me unable to execute any heals¡¦¡± she says to her team communicator as she picks up her reclaimed goods. Poor doc¡¦she was the first one to hit the floor before I could do anything.

¡°This enlightment thing is probably the most fascinating experience in my life¡± Avatar77 says as she sits down in front of the bank wormhole. ¡°Too bad it happened in the battlefield¡¦¡±

¡°We¡¯ll move to another area. Will you come along?¡± the voice of doctor comes out from the communicator. ¡°No, guess I should take a break.¡± Avatar77 answers, as she was totally exhausted from the enlightment and over 60 lines of light blue message in her NCU. It¡¯ll take more than 2 days to reply all of them.

¡°Alright, take care.¡± The communicator became silent.

¡°Whew¡¦I wonder how the people in IR doing? It¡¯s been several months already¡¦is Saint Yarko still sits on his spot? Hehe¡¦¡± As an Adventurer and Journeyman, Avatar77 has been always busy exploring/hunting in various places for several months.

¡°Maybe there¡¯s some news.¡± She pulls out a small device from her Backpack of Survival and connects it to the bank wormhole. It¡¯s a special device which can be connected to gridstream, designed by Destractor and Pyromanche.

¡°Dest and Pyro sure did a good job. Well, the idea was Ratty¡¯s...¡± She begins to read the most recent news as her face gradually fills with surprise.

¡°What the hell is these guys doing¡¦.¡± She muttered as she finishes reading the news. ¡°Guess it¡¯s time to have some talk with Yarko again¡¦he may have some clue as a Saint.¡± Avatar77 stands up, fully recovered from her first death after her ascension to divine presence.

¡°Hope he¡¯s around his spot when I get there¡¦¡± She says as she transforms into a reet and flies to the vibrating statue.

Walking slowly down a dimmly lit hall in the Circle G office building Whealer makes his way to his office. He had just returned to Borealis and was already being put to work. With the large influx of people to the company there were many things that needed to be looked into. Flipping through a large stack of employee profiles Whealer noticed a few names that he didn't expect to see. "Hmm, Dreammate is a lot better spokeswoman then I had previously thought." Flipping through a few more of the folders he begins to notice a trend in the gender of the new applicants and grins slightly. "Or perhaps it just might be those looks of hers."

Opening the door to his office Whealer flips the lights on and steps into a side room to change out of his armor still covered in soot and what could be best described as blood. After buttoning the last button on his shirt he makes his way to his desk and begins entering the new applicants into the employee database.

Reaching the last file Whealer begins to enter it into the computer only to find that there are already records of this person there. Slightly confused he begins to search for more information.

::Access Denied::
    ::Secuirty Level Not Accepted::
    ::Please Reenter Secuirty Code::

"What the..." Whealer quickly retypes his security code and password into the computer thinking maybe his large Atroxish fingers typed in a wrong button.

Still receiving the same error message Whealer reenters his code and password one more time.

::Unauthorized Access::
    ::Powering Down System::

Utterly confused now the Vice President of the Circle G Rubi-Ka branch stands up and leaves his office in search of Zarandia.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

Sitting at my desk, 4 screens with 4 different connections in front of me, "No one should be awake at this time of night. I should be able to get this done without interuptiion." Punching in code, hacking through security.

Insert disc 1, denial of service selected.. temporary until I can upload all the information... what on earth!!! doesn't anyone sleep on Rubika??? Who is the user... searching data.. Whealer...
    How long can I hold him off... this should not take long.. coding through security, denial of services holding, passwords jumbled, upload started...

Omni main, denial of services.. "yay!! never fails for omni to be asleep at the console" information upload, downloading files.. should be done soon.....

Ok time to release CG's systems and get them back online... searching to make sure all information is in place... time is not on my side with him there.... systems restored and working

Omni Mining systems nice and quiet now... download progress going nicely. System restored.

Encrypted information sending to an off world location: Here is the information. Please review and reply.
    Last edited by Pyromanche; Jun 2nd, 2004 at 15:29:53.
    Founder of The Union
    President

The trouble with Oliewabie and the means to an end

The private comm channel buzzed, waking me from a deep sleep. "Hello Emma" the voice was thick and stern (he never sounded friendly even when he tried). "Hello sir, this must be important for you to be calling me at this time." "Emma I need you to come meet me on the Morning Star, I know you completed phase 2, and time has come....." The voice broke off and disappeared, the comm channel went blank. All the channels died.

Jumping out of bed, I ran for my PC, no aliens in Jobe, why do I have no comm channels? Sending a message to Fikksit.. "I think I am in grave danger, I am going to hand over leadership of The Union to Relio, I need to go off planet for an important meeting. With the alien attacks, I fear if I will be able to return anytime soon. Be well my love..."

As I hit the enter key, I hear someone enter my apartment.. I grab my gun and move out of sight, there is see the diminutive agent snopping around. As she look thru my personal belongings, I clear my throat, "Hello Olie" my gun against her temple. "Hello Pyro, did you really think I didn't know you were there?" laughing, she stopped and turned to me. "Your last message was interesting, who is that your going to meet?" "Heh, that is not your business Olie, now go back where good like agents go or I am going to spill your brains for my cleaning lady to tend to lady" "Oh please Pyro, I know all too well that your not going to do that. This is not over Fixer (said mockingly) not over at all." and she dashed to the grid exit and was gone.

Date: June 2nd....
    Having hacked thru half of the computers on Rubika, I sit at my desk compiling the information. Calling to my Assistant, "Maroula, can you get me G, tell him I need to see him in my office immediately." The voice from the other room, "Sure, on it"

(thinking to myself) This information is quite interesting, totally holds up with the information I was given. The thugs at CG think that they can front a clean corporation for a dirty one, they are mistaken. I am sure ICC is going to love this. Now I need to get the inactive Forsight Agency mainframe back up and running. I am sure I can count on Multima for that.

The door to my office swings open, "You called for me?" Gonoc stood in front of my desk.. "Yes I did," smiling "the access codes worked like a charm, lord knows I have been trying to hack that computer for a while." "G, I think it might be best if you leave them now, they will be su****ous, but.. let them be. They need to know that they have failed with security. Just like IR did." "If that is what you wish" (Gonoc leaves CG) "Welcome to The Union finally G, take your rightful place amongst us" (promted to General). "There is still much work to be done. Now is a bad time to let your guard down." "Understood. Back to work" (he leaves)

Borealis Sept 14... Bad words are passed between me and Olie in the streets, she is threatening my life... something about brains splattered.. 3 bullets... total insanity. She must be off her meds.

Union City Sept 15... Fair well Unionites.. with any luck I should be back in a few days.
    Founder of The Union
    President

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast