Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Investigation of the Hope Crash Site

Well, I find it all rather amusing...

The good "doctor" must have majored in Spin. His findings of what occured at the crash site in no way, shape or form resemble the events that occured when this was craft was investigated. Since I was there from the start of the first investigations on Rimor, I can assure you that the good doctors' findings are so much poot.

Since we're all in the business of speculating here (except me and a few others that I can actually name since I saw them at the crash site), I can tell you that there was no Clan presence at the crash site at all when it occured. There was no presence of anything at all except for a lot of dead Omni-Pol troopers and their Slayerdroids. No Clan bodies were found anywhere around the wreckage.

Upon arrival at the crash site, the rad readings were high but no people were being targeted right away by the unknown attackers, indicating that this "device" activated by the doctor (if it were so) started whatever happened well before the Sentinels were even on-site. We were all being attacked (Clan, Omni and Neutral alike) by the unknown attacker after the pets had been destroyed. This was BEFORE the doctor's timeline could have been accurate as he described the events.

The only large force of anything that landed well after some of our recon force had been killed were the Omni-Pol troopers and a couple of Juggernauts (which we all destroyed handily, I might add). Since all I saw on the ground at and around the craft were Omni bodies, it is highly unlikely that it was an Omni ship that had been destroyed, it was something else entirely, unless Omni's are in the habit of killing each other. Well, that's always possible (some animals eat their young, after all), but not in this case.

If the doctor's report is factual, where were all the Sentinel bodies? There were none. Is he saying that either the Sentinels suffered no casualties whatsoever and then decided to just leave the site, or is he saying that the Sentinels won the fight and collected up their dead and THEN left the site? Neither is a very likely scenario.

The most likely scenario is that the doctor is a spin magician, spreading propaganda about the corporations involvement in this incident. What LIKELY happened was that it was Omni that brought the craft down using their big guns (you don't see any Clan big guns around, do you), then sent a force to clean up the remains of whatever was left and collect up all the technology for further exploitation in the Omni labs. Only they got their asses handed to them (as evidenced by what I and many others saw on the ground first). Then our Clan force (NOT Sentinels, but a group of volunteers and some Neutrals and Omni fighters to boot) arrived on the scene to be attacked by the unknown attacker, and THEN the Omni-Pol troopers tried to seize control of the site, only to be whipped and pureed by the combined forces on site already. THEN, since this is Mort we are talking about here, the Sentinels picked up security for the site after all of this since the HQ is right there.

No, the good doctor is a liar, and not a very good one, as many eyewitnesses can say precisely what had happened. If the good doctor was there first, he'd already be a greasespot instead of lying his face off in the Omni propaganda mill.
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

I agree Josh...Though I wasn't there to see the entire thing for myself, I have faith in the report I had heard from the IRRK, which had told the same story you had.

Omni-Tek, being the company they are, relies on control and giving their citizens the feeling that they are safe, and that nothing can threaten them. When something like this happens, and even Omni-Tek doesn't know what exactly it is, of course they will want to cover up their weakness, and make it seem as if they know all is well, and all will be fine. And of course, to boot, use it as yet another reason to quell anger with the Clans. The Sentinels, though radical and off the wall as they are, were just as confused by whatever it indeed was that landed out in Mort that day.

Whatever it was, though, is something I believe all citizens of Rubi-Ka should know about - regardless of faction, we all still live on this planet, despite our differences...I have a feeling that whatever that thing was, whatever that pile of wreckage lying in Mort at this minute used to be, is going to change things around here. Mark my words, I can feel something coming around the bend....

But who knows? I could always be wrong. Probably am wrong, too. *chuckles, smiling*
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

I've done some investigating, so let's assess what evidence we have right now.

First off, getting at the truth is going to be a bit difficult, as the eyewitness accounts seem to be a bit... sketchy. According to those accounts, after the spacecraft crashed in Mort it was reached by both a small Omni-Tek "rescue team" and a small, lightly-armed Clan "recon force". This somehow lead to AT LEAST two OT anti-infantry juggernaughts being destroyed as well as dozens of highly trained special forces operatives being killed on both sides in a raging 3 hour battle, making it one of the largest OT/Clan conflicts since the end of the war. Obviously the public eyewitness accounts from both sides have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Through investigation however I have been able to determine a few facts. The crashed vessel was indeed an Omni-Tek scout ship. All details of the vessel are classified, but it appears in the company's private registry and there are private docking logs from the Morningstar that confirm the vessel's status. Whatever claims of negligence may be flying around it is extremely unlikely (read: impossible) that Omni-Tek accidently shot down one of it's own vessels.

That being said, it is also highly unlikely that the Sentinals could have downed the vessel without significant outside help. It would seem that regardless of whether or not the clans were involved this was certainly the work of one of the megacorporations. But which one? They have all been strangely silent after the opening of the Shadowlands portal and we have been suspecting that the SBC in particular has been plotting something. If this is the case then we have a much more serious security situation on our hands than that posed by the Council of Truth.

Also, while this is a bit tangental, Omni-Tek scouts spotted a bizzare creature lurking near the wreckage of the downed ship. It explains some of the strangeness surrounding the crash site investigation, like the claw marks on the bodies and the strange noises heard. A photograph of the beast may be found here. It has yet to be determined what it is or where it came from.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

Re: Well, I find it all rather amusing...

Originally posted by joshuacrime
    Since I was there from the start of the first investigations on Rimor, I can assure you that the good doctors' findings are so much poot.
    And when was there scientists at the first investigation then? As far as i can understand, then these are two seperate events. First, then there was the clan teams, who got attacked by those juggernauts.

The incident with the doctor, seems to be later... Are you sure that you got all the facts right?
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

The incidents all entvine into one big mess up.
    The picture presented by Mr.Stroud and all the first-hand observations by Mr.Joshuacrime should be enough, in my opinion, to launch a full scale investigation.
    What we have learned is not enough and I believe were gonna need more information fast, before this "thing" shows itself.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

That so called "picture" shows nothing, but the debrie, and the so called "sighting" there, is just a desert incubus, very normal in the northern desert areas. They are also refered to as Desert demons.

It proves nothing as to what he is saying. As for an investigation... Who should do that? Omni-Tek or the sentinels, who were indeed involved at the crashsite.

All I can say is...I see responses being made up out of whole cloth, so I am going to leave what I said as read, because it is the truth about what happened and the timeline that it happened in. If people want to come in and add more confusion to a situation that begs for clarity from all sides, then feel free. Just do it without me.

The doctors report is a lie, plain and simple, since none of the events I saw occured at all. If it did happen afterwards, who would care? This site is dead to any activity, there were no artifacts, bodies or anything else laying around the site at our investigation, or we would have seen it and been able to recover them. We utterly scoured the area and found nothing at all except a bunch of wreckage, a lot of dead Omni bodies and high radiation levels, but no one was being attacked just then. The device the doctor supposedly activated would had to have happened WHILE we were there, as the attacks occured after we had been there for nearly 15 minutes. I didn't see a doctor anywhere.

Sorry, these speculations do not add up at all, and my theories about what happened make the most sense. Not to mention certain people are just utterly incapable of believing Omni-Tek of any wrongdoing or skullduggery and make things up just out of thin air. Don't like the truth? Keep reading the Omni-Tek yellow journals and enjoy having your head in the sand.

One of these days, whoever was in that craft will come back, and no one is going to be the least bit prepared because they are too busy lying to each other about what we already know! How retarded. How did humans ever make it this far?

The doctors report is a lie, plain and simple, since none of the events I saw occured at all. If it did happen afterwards, who would care?
    Investigations take time. Anyone who has been involved in a criminal investigation, or any amount to tactical recon can tell you this. Just as it is premature to go into a hostile situation after fifteen minutes of preparation and review of enemy troop movements, it’s premature to base one’s interpretation of the events on fifteen minutes of having the site to yourself, no matter how skilled you believe your scientists and investigators to be.

How retarded. How did humans ever make it this far?
    Through methodical experimentation and categorization which gradually extends the boundaries of knowledge, and the revolutionary leaps of genius which redefines and transcends those boundaries. I don’t believe any aspect of this investigation has the hallmarks of the later.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Investigations take time?

No offense, but when you lack something TO investigate, you can only come to certain conclusions based upon the data that you actually have. Drawing conclusions based upon less than a reasonable amount of facts is bad investigation. Drawing conclusions based upon crap you just made up? That's beyond bad investigation. It's criminal, and it's propaganda at it's finest.

And since my points are being refuted and picked apart out of context, I shall not stoop to the same, but I will say that if you personally dig into my statements, expect the same in kind.

Most of what I see of the people that are saying that this craft was an Omni-Tek craft are basing their conclusions off of a news report from someone that WASN'T EVEN THERE. So, how could this person know about what happened at this site? His data was so flawed that I had to make a reply, and what do most Omni's do that reply to this forum? Defend it, disparage Clan for "interfering" or just making up whatever they feel like making up.

Trying to "lawyer" me isn't going to work either, since, unless you were there on the scene, your information is second-hand and dubious at best unless your information is coming from a reliable source, namely someone on the scene. The Doctor that wrote the original article was not there, or I would have seen him. Since he was not, all of his speculation about what happened was bollocks. His statements about what the craft were are all lies. His statement about what he did that started the chain of events leading up to the Sentinels occupying the area do not add up with the data that is available and the data that we collected ON THE SCENE.

He is lying, as he was not present at any time that I was, which was when this craft was first reported. I was there throughout the entire battle, including the destruction of the Omni-Pol squads that arrived on the scene well after the unknown attacker was hitting us left and right.

So, don't stand around talking about this, that and the other, because your facts are erroneous, your conclusions spotty or completely wrong, and your allegiences are clouding up your judgement and is preventing you from looking at the facts as they are known, which actually is not that much.

Re: Investigations take time?

The Doctor that wrote the original article was not there, or I would have seen him. Since he was not, all of his speculation about what happened was bollocks.
    I am not one of those Omni-Tek slaves, i am clan. Yet, i can't help to wonder how you can be so sure he was not there, at some other point when you where not? I am quite sure, that there have been several investigations around this crash site.

Re: Investigations take time?

He is lying, as he was not present at any time that I was, which was when this craft was first reported.
    Not to nitpick, but the crash happened on the 7th. Doctor Gustaff investigated the crash on the 9th. So, unless he has some mystical ability to travel through time, it’s impossible for him to be investigating the site two days before his arrival, when you were there.

Also, is it so improbable that the Doctor could of found something you missed?
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Well what difference does it make if he goes there afterwards?

See, that's just it. The doctor is making up stories about things as if to say they are the "official investigations" about the craft.

The fact that he investigated this matter afterwards means...what? Nothing, zero, zip, nada, nunca. This site has been poured over by so many people by now that I could have left the Omni-Pol Trooper Training Manual on there, and if the doctor reported it, you would say "See! It was an Omni ship, because look at what we found!" Planting evidence is so much old school game playing.

Since no one was around but us to figure out what is going on, and since I am a nanomage trader with more tradeskill abilities than most engineers, and intelligence ratings well above 800 (not to mention a 1300 perception rating), I'm uniquely suited to doing investigations. I saw squat on the ground around or near the craft, no bodies of any kind had anything on them, and no other life forms other than the local fauna and ourselves were present to our capabilities of spotting them.

There was nothing there TO find, only things to report based upon observation and reporting the FACTS as they occured. Not innuendo, supposition and outright lies as "responsible journalism" or whatever it is you would call the horsefeather propaganda that I'm hearing here.

Every faction here is burning up the bullcrap trying to put their political factional slant on the topic, and I have no axes to grind here regarding factional fighting. But people that just make up a bunch of hooey and try to pass it off as real while debasing those of us who actually SAW something and were THERE...well...that irks me. So, if you want to know what really happened, send me a tell. I'll be glad to inform you of the TRUTH, not some half-baked BS story.

Why do i always shake my head when people type out the word truth like that?

Joshua, you were there you say, you saw nothing you say. And still you scream you are the only one that knows anything.

Try arguing your case calmly instead. People the shout at the top of their lungs claiming the "truth" as their own, end up either ignored or the leader of a religious cult.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

What did i see!

Just a few hours ago i flyd to the crash site whit a few fellow calners.There whe found one clan soldier staying guard a few mechanical remains of engineer bots a few desert creatures. Nothing of the deadly perals that older reports where talking about.The recage is still buring but and it is still coverd whit debre. Accesing it right now is imposibil whit the limited capacity that whe got in the area. Man power and more haveay duty equpment is needed.I REPEAT THE VEHICUL IS NOT ACCESABLE NOW!!! So any declarations about its origins are simple speculations. Further investigations are needed. I will check out the area in the folloing days.Anybody who has any new info about the crash site please inform me as well.Tomorrow i will go out to look after that creature presented on that picture.I will post my findings!

Please!

Omni and Claners pls post any fo your observations. I will try to check those out to. I dont belive Omni and Clan official reports. They are mostly speculations and lies.

Considering, official-wise, that there has been only an Omni scientist's commentary of the crash site's findings, and no Clan reports, I'll leave Mihalix' statement to stand by itself.

There's very little we can further do without results from the investigation.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

I am perfectly calm, rational and sensible

Yes, I was there. Right from the start of the whole mess. I put myself into positions during the entire ordeal that made me a very reliable and well placed observer. Once the Omni troops attacked us, I was kind of busy doing some mezmerizing and killing the big pains in the butt, but once that was done, I was doing what I was doing before, which was searching my tail off, before and after the Omni trooper strike. The entire ordeal lasted well over an hour by my clock, and I was mashing my search tools like a big dog.

Like I mentioned previously, my Perception rating is very, very high and I miss next to nothing when I put my mind to searching for hidden things. There was nothing hidden to find, except for those attackers that were swatting us around like flies while completely cloaked or in orbit. Either way, we had no chance of spotting them, or I would have found them before anyone else in that group. Same thing with items on the ground or entryways into the craft. There were none perceptable to the naked eye, nor did anything come up in my displays to show that something hidden was around. Could I have missed it? Certainly, but given my skill set and what I was doing there, I would think it likely that I could find it before most people would.

Whatever the doctor was saying was rather dubious at best, so I'm not even going to make more comments about it, other than if it's official Omni news, you can bet your NCU's that the slant is like a 80 degree slope. Huge. Obviously, my concern is beyond factional garbage spewing, but that is what my vitriol in this forum is going after. There were others present with me during this raid, but none of them apparently are reading the news, and I would welcome anyone that had additional information that could fill in holes I may have missed. But, I'm a good investigator, and I think my account is quite accurate.

It's certainly more accurate than other people that were not present commenting off of an already slanted report by the Corporation. And if they pick apart my points, well, what would you say if you were in my shoes? Be reasonable about commenting about things, and my colorful diatribe will not pass by your head.

*Legaron looks at the posts and sighs*

All this bickering while all of you know that you dont know anything about what really happend.
    You just try to proove that your right and the other is wrong, while in your own thoughts you have no idea of what the truth really is.

Scary isnt it?

Originally posted by Balrogis
    The Omni-Tek corporation has the best scientist in the galaxy, it appalls me that rebel yahoos who operate out of mud huts in Tir some how think them selves qualified to assess a situation like this, if the good doctor says there are no aliens then there are more then likely no aliens. It seems apparent to me that the so called “sentinelsElittle trap backfired on their fellow claners.

-Omni-Tek Protects
    And what qualifies you to make such an ignorant statement? Are you a fellow scientist who keeps informed of all the latest technological advances done by every single hypercorporation and research outfit in known space? Do you keep in touch with a network of scientists whom you call colleagues and share information? Oh, well look. According to your corporate file, you're just another sword-swinger.

Don't traipse around making rediculous claims about your beloved corporation without being in full possession of the facts. Yes, Omni-Tek may have a distinct edge when it comes to finding a million different ways to kill people and crush them under an oppressive regime, but it by no means has the best scientists in the galaxy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast