Thread: 14.2+overequipped pets!? i still dont get it...

Question 14.2+overequipped pets!? i still dont get it...

best is i tell u my example, so you´ll know what i mean:

Im lvl 45 atrox mp, making my ql57 healpet and my ql60 attackpet...have a ql 56 shotgun equipped too...

I mean its overepuipped, but not really and i need it to solo my missions...with lower pets its not really funny...and thats the reason of the game right? to imp, and make u oe?

So: if i keep my pets, they just dont respond anymore after the patch? cant be...so pls help .)
    i read the posts, but i still dont know exactly what it means for my pets...and my MP at all :?

thx in advance

what i mean is, that i could make higher pets at the mom, what would be very great!, but like i understand it, its useless after patch to have higher pets, right? and dont respond or whatever what i still dont know...

people.. read up on what overequipping IS.. its NOT to have eq/pets/armor over your lvl.. its having eq/pets/armor HIGHER THAN YOUR SKILLS ALLOW!.
    Im sick of people complaining about OE without even understanding what the whole idea is about here.

it wont effect the mp AS much as it will the engineer
    the engineer class will be hurt worse
    to get your pet as an MP you dont get outside buffs to cast your pet do you?
    you self buff while the engineers get buffs from MP's
    once that buff wheres off the engineers pet will quit responding
    and the mp will just have to rebuff himself
    what will hurt the mp will be debuffs to a certain degree.
    what most people dont realize
    the engineer HAD to use an OE pet cause the engie pet does jack for damage.
    my lvl 70 gimped enforcer with ql 90 riders does more damage than a 103 guardbot
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

Originally posted by Tyndel
    people.. read up on what overequipping IS.. its NOT to have eq/pets/armor over your lvl.. its having eq/pets/armor HIGHER THAN YOUR SKILLS ALLOW!.
    Im sick of people complaining about OE without even understanding what the whole idea is about here.
    Especialy since QL isn´t perfectly showing the skill req. I know that both MP and Enges have nanos that variate widely in skill req on same QL.
    Enges for exaple have a ql 14 bot demanding 89 in skill, while a ql 10 shield (I think it was) demanded 104 in skill. But this consistant inconsistance is Funcomes MO, so we should not be supprised.

For OE it shouldn't be that terrible... (I hope)

If an engineer got a mastery cast on them that's only 50 points of the skill. That means they only need a 180 skill (180 + 20 buff) in order to maintain control
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Thug the magic number is around 700 then you dont have to worry about losing control of the slayers
    most people these days are getting infuses and mochams
    infuses for 90 and mochams for 140
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

Originally posted by WillForce
    Thug the magic number is around 700 then you dont have to worry about losing control of the slayers
    most people these days are getting infuses and mochams
    infuses for 90 and mochams for 140
    But the point was is that engineers have it a lot worse then Metas because a Meta can cast their own buffs and the engineer can't. If you want to use Mocham's as an example you are correct, that it would take a 700 skill to not lose control. But since Mocham's requires a 700 skill to use in the first place, by the time the MP could self cast the buff he'd already be at the point where he didn't need it to maintain control.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

MP´s shouldn´t worry about OE at all

First of all I am not an MP and i have never played an MP.

But, the OE - rule says that if you use a pet and your skills is more than 20% below the requirements on the pet (when the buff run out) then they will stop answering at your commands.

The question is, how high can an MP buff to get a new pet?

Say you need 400 in several skills to create your new pet, witch means that if you haven´t buffed more than 80 skillpoints to get it then you are home free even when the buff runs out, right?

So like i said, how damn high can an MP really buff?

I can´t even begin to dream that a MP can buff over 80 when at a point when he/she using a pet that requires 400 in nanoskills
    and if somehow they are then funcom should take away that privilage RIGTH NOW, because MP´s is more than enough good as it is today.

Conclusion: MP´s should not worry at all because they shouldn´t be affected at all by this OE rule (if they can´t buff this insane amount of points i use in my examples wich a doubt they can)

Thank you and have a pleasant summer all. (try to get out in the sun and fresh air some time as well

Dhim:

I don't think i was perfectly clear in my last post.

Someone had made the offhanded remark that MP's will not be affected by OE and engineers will due to the fact that MP's can self cast the buff's needed to keep their skill high enough to use their pets, while an engineer cannot.

Then i replied and said that that isn't really the case. The reason was that the MP can't buff that much compared to his skill level. In other words, once the engineer summoned the pet he didn't really need to keep the buff on to be within 20%. His point was that Mocham's adds 140, which means that the engineer would require a 700 skill to lose that buff and still be within 20%.

I then replied that in order for an MP to self cast the 140 Mochams they would need to have a 700 skill in the first place. If we assume that the engineer and MP in question are the same level then losing the Mocham's buff wouldn't push either of them into OE.

The OE will really only come into play if a player gets an MP buff beyong their level (a 50th level engineer getting the ql 100+ Mochams) or if they use wrangles (which an MP obviously doesn't have)
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Originally posted by Thugdoom
    I then replied that in order for an MP to self cast the 140 Mochams they would need to have a 700 skill in the first place. If we assume that the engineer and MP in question are the same level then losing the Mocham's buff wouldn't push either of them into OE.
    Don't MP's have lower level nanos they can step to up their skill to 745 so they can then cast Mochams, thus giving them the ability to create(and keep) a much higher level pet before they actually even have 700 skill?
    Flann - Doctor
    Kwoung - Martial Artist
    Acidwash - Fixer (semi-retired)
    Rubi-Ka 2
    The Descendants

Originally posted by Flann

Don't MP's have lower level nanos they can step to up their skill to 745 so they can then cast Mochams, thus giving them the ability to create(and keep) a much higher level pet before they actually even have 700 skill?
    Good point. I think you're right and that would probably provide a minor advantage. The Requirements for Mochams is far enough above the "700 minimum" that i don't think it would THAT pronounced an advantage, but you certainly are correct that "stepping up" would be a factor
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Originally posted by Tyndel
    I don't think he was complaining, simply asking for clarification. From reading his posts, I would guess that English is not his first language, so maybe he did not fully understand the OE article.

--Tsk