Thread: Yet another Mez/Calm Bug

Angry Yet another Mez/Calm Bug

Righto, i've noticed this for a while, and not sure if anybody posted on this before, but here it goes...

There's a small problem with mob breaking the calm that you just cast on them. Example:

Fighting atrox enforcer mobs in mission. First thing I did was drop a calm through the doorway so I have time to fling a rather large and painful nuke on it...
    Actually 2 bugs... calm lands, mob charges me when it should stand there doing nothing, hits me once then goes "idle." Luckily I'm used to this and managed to stop my gun from firing. Anyways, was moving finger to the cast button, and the Atrox casts one of the Challenger to Big_Mofo nanos. He get's big, and calm has broke.

I'm like, WTF? I walk out of the room, and back in to see if it really broke and not just the graphic, yep, he aggroed.

And Enforcers aren't the only ones that do this... just the only one I've verified. I'm pretty sure that Traders do, and Metas do too. This bug has killed me on no less than 4 occasions, latest was last night.

PLEASE FIX this bug, or change the discription of the calm to match the actual effects.
    And I quote the description of Project Calm, "If successful, the target will not enter combat unless it is attacked first."

I didn't attack. It buffed. Broken nano. And same with the mob charging you thing. That's broken too. Fix please. Thanks.

-Darkthought

This happens to me too. I cast "Discourage Involvement" on a mob and get the succesful message and I see the glow aorund the mob, too. Problem is, when the last graphical effect of the NF is done (the expanding blue bubble thingy) the glow disappears and the mob is only "halfway" calmed.
    In missions when we get adds I sometimes have to recast up to 4 or 5 times before it sticks properly.
    I use a Soft Pepper pistol, but my aggro is set to just below the 50% mark so I don't auto attack. This never used to happen before.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Originally posted by Krneki
    He outsmarted you
    an atrox enf outsmarting a nano nt?

wow I must say I feel sorry for the int of the NT

Me strong, me smash things! - nano NT

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Yea, mezzed mobs run up to thier last target and stand there. Its very annoying if 4 monsters run up to the tank and 3 of them are mezzed. Its hard to pick out the right one and sometimes people get confused and attack mezzed mobs.

They should just stop where they are or go back to thier normal spot.

Soldier mobs casting mirror shield also break their own mez. Any friendly nano that also casts a hostile nano on them (such as the shutting down of nano capabilities from Challenger or Mirror Shield) registers as an attack and breaks the mez. Much like players can break roots and such by self-casting hostile nanos. Fun, huh?

Scorus

GRAH! This needs to be fixed, badly.

Mongo breaks calms - period. Just team with an enforcer, calm 3 mobs and have him cast a mongo - Calms broken.
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Proud general of Immortal Ascension

America's Finest News Source

Hollywood Stock Exchange

Yes Rotamus, Mongo breaks calms. Being level 139 I managed to pick that up somewhere along the way, pity not all Enforcers have...

I am talking about mobs who isn't buffing themselves at all, in solo missions. Will make a note tonight or tomorrow if I see any consisitency of mobs who are able to shrug my calms off.
    Dominata
    Member of THM