Thread: My money lost...

My money lost...

Hello everyone.

I wanna report a big problem that made me very very unhappy about this game on which I have spent so much time for the last two months.

Today I sold two soul fragments to Ouchhh level 191 enforcer of The Council (sorry for mentionning your name but I have to if I want people to believe me). So, I sold them for 3.75 millions both, and 15 minutes later a lot of people got disconnected, and I was among them. When I came back, those 3.75M were gone... yes they were gone... that money I earned by hard work was gone, and I spent so much time to get it and by myself a yalm. And even before I could buy a yalm it disappeared.

Of course I sent a petittion and a GM answered. His name was Kharoon. Well I asked him what he could do, and he replied that he couldnt do anything except send a bug report..... JUST A BUG REPORT? and what about my money! he said Funcom couldn't replace my money so I asked what about the time i wasted etc...? he told me I had to accept it. Come on I know I am not the only one to whom it happens, but all you people that happened too, do something about it, Funcom cannot just eat our time like this! We are paying to play, we are spending our time on that game and that's how we are rewarded. I couldn't even have tasted the joy of having that money I just got for 15 minutes!

Now I want to know if you ARK's really cannot do anything about it? I can assure you what I am saying is true, you can check in your server files or I dunno how but what I am telling is completely true. I think it would be a shame if I had to cancel my account after all the time I spent on the game, and all the happy moments I had with it, but what happened today just made me so mad, and made me hate this game. Do something about it dear ARK's, do something and you people just cannot let this happen AGAIN! I am sure it is like the 100000000th time.

I said all I wanted to.
    Bye.

PS : All the GM's that gave back the money got fired by Funcom in the past. I justs ent another peition and I am finally going to cancel my account. I know most of the people don't care but I think it will be a first step to show my deception.

Qaragal
    level 65 MA, member of New World Incorporation SC
    Last edited by Dawndeath; Jun 2nd, 2002 at 14:27:01.

Unhappy 3.5 mil ?

well... u should be more upset at the price you got for those frags now that the soul frag ql bug has bee fixed... I predict prices more like 10-15 mil per even 50 mil or more if you find a motivated buyer. Hate to say it...

are you kidding or are they worth even more now? cuz i heard they are worth nothing. I still have a few to sell so it would be nice to know

If your soul fragments are q190+ they will still be worth some credits.
    * July 9, 2001 :: + July 29, 2004

this happens to items you equip and money when you dont zone . ALWAYS ZONE!!! if you dont zone and you crash your screwed, i know a guys who lost lotta mils cause of this

A member of our org lost 15 mill too after Tir zone crashed a while ago. And of course petitioning didn't help at all. :-(

All I can recommend is to do big trades in shops as they are less likely to crash (other server than surrounding zone). And zone & save ASAP after the trade. It's annoying but less annoying than to loose valuable items or lots of cash.

I had this happen to me a couple of times, not only with money but with items also, its why i now only do trade's right next to save terminals, so i can save directly after the trade and secure it =)

Its the only way you can make sure you wont loose your money or items, FC doesnt care about your money or item, heck, why should they? they have more "important" things on their mind...or "dont" "they" ?

its completely normal that they dont have time to go through log files (i doubt that these kind of transactions ARE logged in the first place since it would take massive performance and space to store...)
    so how can they be sure ure not cheating, trying to get free credits? all u can do is, as mentioned here, take some precautions and save or zone... if this setback is enough reason for u to quite, so be it... dont think u deserve to be treated like the king of france just because u pay 13 dolar a month, its not THAT much...

Hey man, I know what you are saying, I had 11 packs of blood plasma in the bank I had harvested to buy my new implants. So I log on and go to pull em out of the bank in Tir and suddenly crash, when I came back the 4 packs that had made it into my inventory were gone. This is my first char (only played AO a moth now) and in one week lost the 4 full packs of plasma and my BwT martial arts attack. The attack I lost when I went to my apartment for hte first time and my inventory was full, so the key (not going to an overflow window) just placed itself where my BwT used to be. In the case of the special -though I felt they should have reimbursed me- it was not so bad as I can at least avoid that happening again, but with the bank, there was nothing at all I could have done, I never even finished grabing the packs to get a chance to save before the zone crashed. If they dont have time to look over the logs or whatever the goon above said I don't know, but its not wanting to be treated like the king of france man, its just wanting what was yours back, in my case I spent 2 days to harvest the plasma, 6 hours of RL time in those 4 packs for me so its not just my 13 bucks, its my time and a bit disapointing when it gets flushed. The reply to my FC e-mail was it disapoints the GM's to hear these things also, but the dont have the tools to help and the are pushing to have these tools very soon (no exact time given to me). Anyway, I know it sucks and I thought I would let you know you don't suffer alone, and if I was the King of france I would toss LaRes in the dungeon =P

Talking um

It seems that zoning is the solution to everything =)
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

you can toss me anytime u want