Thread: Crit calculator/how to calculate crits?

Unhappy Crit calculator/how to calculate crits?

Hey

I have been playing for a time, but still can't get clear answers on wich skills who helps vs crits, wich skills who can increase crit chance and so on.

We need som official answers on this one, cuz I belived until a short while ago that AC really didn't play any role in critting. AC is supposed to only go vs the number of hp you get in dmg.

But if you all try out the corrosive first nano of the ma, you will find that you crit alot against elite, cuz elite gives low ac. Not just a little more, ALOT more.

We tried it out in the arena, and got crit-crit-normal-crit-normal-crit-crit. At that time my enforcer had to stop being hit ( On high def) cuz he would die. He was then 25 lvls above the ma. Then we went with the other ma nano's, wich I got good ac towards..and we got minimum-minimum-minimum-minimum-minimum-crit-minimum-minimum and so on.

I thought that evades was the skills crits where counted against...it seems I was wrong...

If this is correct, then you have just destroyed pvp vs MA's totally, since they now will crit not once every 4th time, but ALL the time, since they now can change first nano after your armor. Can't you do math FC ? crits buffs self only? but all other hp nanos, evades and such the MA's can still get? sigh....not we got two pvp super classes MA and Trader....cuz you know, that after the patch the trader not only gonna take your attacks skills? they gonna make you OE and take another 25% of you dmg...and now you don't crit anymore...well..thats me gonna get flamed bit..

Can anyone give me a good answer? I would really like it if FC gave an official answer to this.

Yours

Frozenblade, 116 enforcer
    Last edited by Morgoth; Jun 2nd, 2002 at 11:21:09.

Hm, very odd.

Could it be that different fist nanos check against different evades? That AC should work this way seems really odd.

edit: Hm... perhaps there is some sort of new calculation here. If a high damage is done against low ac, it turns into a crit?
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

This would explain why Fixer in GA are chain critted in pvp and against some mobs.

Also, it looks more like a bug than a rules, because I can't understand the point having a GA to avoid hitting, when crit is based on AC.. (in part). Or a lame rule : ).

Originally posted by Zuh
    This would explain why Fixer in GA are chain critted in pvp and against some mobs.
    The Cain crit happens to every 1. Even my Twink soldier(lvl 42 with a **** load of Ac(ql80 Elite)), gets chain critted.
    I havent seen this in a while tho, about 2 weeks ago it happend to me all the time, but havent seen it since.

maybe that FC fixed it... LOL... nah... couldn't be... hmm... maybe they made a new bug that aksidently fix'ed it

Fluse

The higherlevel MA fistnanos seem to have hidden critmodifier (you remember, FC told us they increased the critchance for MAs slightly - hidden, as a professionadvantage).

I tried something on mobs, which have all AC at the same level (this is verified with highlevel Ace Enforcer on which you make always minimum damage, no matter of the damagetype). It seems the higherlevel fistnanos support a bit higher chance to crit.

The chance of a crit (besides of a critbuff or scope) depend also on the Attackrate/defenserate check and where the aggbarslider is.

I tried to fight with my MA (lvl 132) on full defense (he got over 800 evasions) and it was curious that I got more critted and also more hits by the mob than with the aggressionslider on full agg.
    I noticed that, when I fight on full agg., I throw the opponent more often back with each hit and the faster (and harder) I hit the lesser the chance for the opponent to hit me. Maybe this reduces the critchance for him and raise my chance for a crit...

So if you get a high AC, the chance of a hard hit that throws you back and raises the chance for the opponent for a crit, is lesser than with low AC...

But hey... this is not verified, just my impression.

More

Well, it might be that the MA should have hidden crit modifiers, but really, corrosive first are not that high an ma nano, higher ma nano's do not cause this crit feast...

If there really is a ac vs crit chance then FC really needs to tell us. Either the corrosive fist is bugged, very likly, or there is a ac vs crit chance....

Or it could be that FC bugged the fist nano's to change the evasion skill, so that its no longer evade clsc, but duck explo or something.. =D

Or simply there is no crit calculation beside a given base % and your scope / other goodies

Oh beside jokes, I noticed I was chain criting (read = 100% chance to crit) on some mobs, in TLR dungeon,even on T.I.M. I use no scope, no buff. I just crit all the time on some robot-like mobs and T.I.M. 100% of the time.

Man, the first time I've fought T.I.M., I peed my pants over the sheer number of crits we did to him.

I read somewhere that attack rating plays a factor in getting crits, but that was out of the Cybex guide so... I don't have much faith in that.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm