Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Proposed Changes For Critical Hits!!!!

Originally posted by Axyrn

Perfect and i wish Funcom you start to use their brains....

thank you
    So true.... SO many poeple here with potential...with bright ideas.

Too bad this is a post amongst 100000 other posts consisting of rants/trolliage.....

It's like finding a needle in a haystack. The constructive sounding title makes the needle sparkle alittle tho.

=)

Hope Cosmik see's diz.
    @-----}----,---'------------
    For Ragnar Tornquist, the Visionaer.

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--
    N00b, but HardCore Fixer, RK1.

Bump if only Funcom would really do this. I think crit should be relative to range. The chance to critical shot close is way more then being far. So to crit well with a shotung you need to be in closer range otherwise it should suck.

Personally, I don't like the idea. It implies that you have to be high level to be skilled with a weapon. That's hardly true. To me a better way would be to compare the atk of the attacker versus the defensive skills of the target. Then add bonuses to crit chance based on how much skill over the weapon's required skill.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

crits should be based on atk? nah...most of the better weapons for every class right now are hybrids..hybrids slaughter your ATK rating, and thus hurt crits.

I agree the current buff solution, and the proposed 14.2 changes, are not effective. the current situation makes us rely too much on MAs, no offense guys but most teams see you as a walking critbuff and nothing more...and the new changes will make high-level combat VERY ugly.

I think it should be based on the primary weapon skill of the weapon vs. the evade of the target, and raise the current percentage for crit based on either:
    • Titlelevel
    • Certain ranges of skill..one for 100 skill, one for 200, 500, etc.
    • Add a slight crit increase to some of the higher token boards (say 250 on up for arguments sake)
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Originally posted by Natelie

I agree with Tofu. The idea that crits are defined by the attack rating of an MA is romantic. Reflects the 'bond' that an MA has to nature and will save us some "NCU's" too. =P

Hmmmmm I thought it was Adventurers that had the bond with nature.....

Good ideas TOFU..

Originally posted by Kasimir
    crits should be based on atk? nah...most of the better weapons for every class right now are hybrids..hybrids slaughter your ATK rating, and thus hurt crits.
    So basically what this is saying is that hybrids are better weapons but more difficult to use requiring more skill than simpler, less effective weapons?

Originally posted by Kasimir

I agree the current buff solution, and the proposed 14.2 changes, are not effective. the current situation makes us rely too much on MAs, no offense guys but most teams see you as a walking critbuff and nothing more...and the new changes will make high-level combat VERY ugly.

I think it should be based on the primary weapon skill of the weapon vs. the evade of the target, and raise the current percentage for crit based on either:
    • Titlelevel
    • Certain ranges of skill..one for 100 skill, one for 200, 500, etc.
    • Add a slight crit increase to some of the higher token boards (say 250 on up for arguments sake)
    Basing it solely on the primary weapon skill = cheating the system, IMO. Hybrids have a price to use them. The remaining suggestions are saying "Forget about crits till you're older, child". To me, a player should be able to crit if they're skilled enough with the weapon currently in their hands.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

I agree with that to an extent Kuro..but what I meant was a staggered crit increase, that as you get more powerful, your odds improve accordingly. That only makes sense. I don't care if you have the best gun on the block, the first day you wield it you're not gonna have good odds of hitting a vital area, cause skill matters as much or more then the power of the weapon. Yes with some weapons, the attack dispersal, stopping power, sheer caliber, etc is higher, and summarily raises odds, but mostly hitting a vital spot with a firearm requires a good aim, good eyes, and intense coordination.

However...once you're a pro marksman, you can usually hit the most difficult argets dead-on, even with a cruddy gun. OK so AO isn't too big on realism, but that's my 10 cents.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Disagree. Leave MA's self buffs alone.
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

Pretty godnamn smart idea I must say

I like it... I like it alot

Kalashnakof LvL [133] soldier

oh btw the poor mas need the crit buff.

I mean they need something to make up for the 3 million in nano chargers that I cost em in askin them for crit buffs

Sometimes think critical hits should just be removed from the game, period, as too innately unbalancing. Give the MA's and agents a simple damage buff that isn't so dependent on what weapon they're using and the random number generator.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12