Thread: Neutrals Be warned !

Exclamation Neutrals Be warned !

Recently clan activity has shifted dramaticly, from having us as target practice or just staying neutral towards us it now seems that one big part of the clans we meet has gone and taken a charm course or two.

Yes Im speaking of the Vanguards, they are extremly friendly, nice, polite and almost make you feel that they think you are one of their fellow clan´s men. The have opend up trading with us, I acually bought some items from one of them openly in Old Athens. They arranged a race recently that even Omni emplyees could take place in. Of course a neutral won it *smiles*

Don´t get me wrong , it´s really nice to be treated as a person by official clan guards not ignored or shot at. But this ambigious behavior by clan guards Vanguards / Sentinels makes me wonder. On the on side they all but hug me when I come to visit and on the other side they try to fill me up with as much spent ammo as they possibly can as fast as they can ?

Is there something going on within the clans ? What is CoT up to are they really changing ther view on Neutrals or as they just trying to fill us up with a false sence of friendship ?
    I know from the past that far from all support what the Sentinels are as saying / doing in regards of Neutrals but this ? It´s just to big difference between teh vanguards and the Sentinels to make any sence at all.

So Neutrals of Ka be wery careful the clans might be up to something, what I do not know but I will keep a keen eye on the situation in the future, and I recommend you do the same.
    Last edited by Itel; May 11th, 2004 at 11:02:41.
    If you are afraid of dying you will never truly live

As with every side in any conflict there is good and bad people on all sides. Let´s hope the Vanguards are as nice as they seem to be.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Kranden reads the news from somewhere on rubi-ka in a small prision.

"Somehow i doubt the Vanguards are up to something, they always have been friendly." He hears some people coming and he closes his personal Comlink.

~End of transmision~
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Vanguards a trader clan basically. They are responsible for the new signs in Old Athens. Each Clan is ran by different leaders. Council of Truth only votes or discusses subjects that only affect all the Clans as a whole. The way our cities are guarded is or should be a subject that is discussed by the Council of Truth. As for now how the guardianship is done is pretty much up to the individual Clans that are doing the guarding.

Wow Itel, you're sounding border-line un-neutral there.

Clan Vanguard and Clan Sentinels each behave differently because in the Clans each Clan is left to govern itself (Though the Sentinels have unfortunately extended that to invading other territories and ruling them). There is nothing ambigious about it.

maybe you should be spending a little more time in Old Athen if you have such misconceptions about the Clans?
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Well all I can say, it is a problem of the past
    If you are afraid of dying you will never truly live

Yes very important to understand that there are indeed both good ,bad and ugly people on all sides.

And want to say that Im happy to see you have become active again Itel.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

If you are truely nuetral you have nothing to worry about from me and my org but if your holding a gun I'm gonna take you out as quick as possible. Its nothing personal its just the fact that I'm not walking up to someone saying Hi how you doing are you a nice nuetral or a evil nuetral. which by this time you would have shot me. So I'm returning the favor in advance. Not careing a gun you got no worries from me. But last time I picked up a dictionary nuetrals don't fight cause there NUETRAL but those of the nuetrals that have showed they are just hinding behind the white flag your gonna get killed.
    There is no mercy like Darkkmercy.

So if you see a Neutral running aroung in Mort or Perpetual Wasteland with a gun in his hands you will shoot him.

If i see a Neutral running around in Mort or Perpetual Wasteland without a gun in in his hands i will question his sanity and will to live.

Or does the right to self defense only apply to Clanners now?
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

But last time I picked up a dictionary nuetrals don't fight cause there NUETRAL but those of the nuetrals that have showed they are just hinding behind the white flag your gonna get killed.

Uhm.... yeah, you might... you know, want to rethink this little statement.

We are not participating in this global war from one side or the other, in other words, we aren't taking sides in the war. We do not wish to chose one side to call less evil to fight our opposites which we would then have to call more evil. We don't like pretending we are perfectly just and the other side is supremely evil. That being said, that doesn't mean we won't fight, whether for our own safety, need, or those few neutrals that are barbaric enough to fight anything and everything simply for the sake of fighting. Just like the clans, just like Omni-tek, we have a variety and a few lunatics that run around Rubi-Ka looking to fight anything that moves, and some things that don't. The point of the matter though is this, we are neutral, not pacifists, thank you.
    "Chariots strong, horses fast, troops valiant, weapons sharp--so that when they hear the drums beat the attack they are happy, and when they hear the gongs sound the retirement they are enraged.He who is like this is strong."
    -Chang Yu ,author of a commentary of Sun Tzu's 'The Thirteen Chapters'

Well, I for one think it would be briefly amusing to attempt to defend myself armed with nothing more than some harsh language and a stern look.
    To obey without question is to serve in ignorance.
    The Hawk hovers overhead, ever the opportunist. The Wolf pack howls obstinately in the woods. And the Jackals prey on us all.
    "You doubt the wisdom of Epicine. Thou art a B*tch." - Epicine.

Originally posted by Darkkmercy
    If you are truely nuetral you have nothing to worry about from me and my org but if your holding a gun I'm gonna take you out as quick as possible.
    With the amount of pycho killers out there from all factions I personally don't feel safe outside the Newland City gates after dark without my blaster and CAS armor, hell I don't feel safe in the middle of the day.

I may not want to take sides in what I consider a pointless war, but I'll be damned if I don't protect my home and my life.

Talan, Neutral Soldier from Newland
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.

Wink

I dont expect i should tell you this but as a proud member of the CoT i feel as i should tell you the motives behind the vanguards. The vanguards are for making money. They will accept clan, nuetral and anyone but omni. Feel free to come and buy some items for cheaper prices. Vanguards themselves dont want to fight for the clan's all out. But they donate money to help our fighters.