Thread: 14.2 and Rings

14.2 and Rings

I had just heard from a friend on the Test Server that rings will be included in the items that must be removed to use the IPR. This causes a serious issue for myself. I have a title level 5 ring of defense that must be destroyed to be removed unless I am title level 6. I've played AO for 8 months and this is the first ring like this that I have found and don't think it is fair that I should have to destroy it to make use of the IPR like other players.

Is there an accomodation for this problem, will a GM replace these items for the IPR? Or am I simply misinformed?

Thank you.

I've heard otehrwise, that you don't need to remove rings, for that very same reason.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Ring requirements

Hopefully! Since the rings have no stat/skill requirements there is no benefit/need to remove them for the IPR from what I can see.

Re: Ring requirements

Originally posted by Paganheart
    Hopefully! Since the rings have no stat/skill requirements there is no benefit/need to remove them for the IPR from what I can see.
    Iq rings require a certain level of intelligence to wear and lvl 190 to unwear
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

Read the articles, you will be allowed to remove the rings safely for the IPR.

Yep, they simply removed the Title requirement to remove those rings in 14.2 -- Nottaproblem.

THE BAD: Yes you must remove EVERYTHING to do IPR, rings, bracers, implants, EVERYTHING>

THE GOOD: +xp rings and a few others that have lvl-remove requirements, no longer do. So don't worry about having that +5%xp ring you payed 100'000c for because now you can take it off when ever you like, just like all the other rings
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"