Thread: How about this for a new AO commercial?

Wink How about this for a new AO commercial?

AO purchase of CD? 29.99

Monthly rate to play AO? 12.99

New keyboard and mouse because you smashed yours when the patches don't work? 30.00

Tharapy needed to get over the frustration and lies givin by funcom? 50.00 per session.

Putting the CD in to a skeet machine and yelling PULL, then blowing it away with a shotgun? Priceless

Nono, you got it all wrong

AO purchase of CD? 29.99

Monthly rate to play AO? 12.99

A 512 mg RAMstick because AO won't run properly without 1 gig of ram? 100.00

Tharapy needed to get over the frustration and misrepresentation of facts givin by funcom? 50.00 per hour per session.

Putting the CD in to a skeet machine and yelling PULL, then blowing it away with a Vektor ND shotgun? Priceless
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

Now we're on the right track :D

Anyone got better?

Re: Now we're on the right track :D

Originally posted by Zierow
    Anyone got better?
    <wipes tear from eye...>

One cannot improve on perfection... I am very happy to read that as my last post before my account expires (I suspect)

That, was just stellar. Well said.

<goes back to laughing hysteircally till he can't breathe some more>

Profit

Originally posted by spydr

A 512 mg RAMstick because AO won't run properly without 1 gig of ram? 100.00
    Whoa Don't know what kind of boutique you shop at boy but my 512MB of Ram are WAY cheaper than that Like £50. You been done boy not just by Funcom but by the Guys who sold you that memory, and by your computer, I mean I can run perfectly fine with just 256 MB of Ram, have you got every TSR known to man running on your system or something?

Eh? With the exchange rate and all, I believe that 50 pounds (UK) is about 100 dollars (US).

Theanna

http://www.jncs.com/indexryd.html

JNCS who were the first company I came across in the us, do 512mb sticks for $79

I expect there may be more competitive companys

I guess one should always remember to show what units they are using.
    I thought they were talking about trading 100 elephants for a Stick of Memory.

Bah. I just put a random (but plausable) price out. I didn't actually check or anything.

And I don't have that many TSR's running; just windows (now that's a memory hog!)

Also, I only got 416 mgs of RAM, and AO runs fineish (from a technical standpoint...gameplay is a different story). My parents computer (better processor *much better*, 256 RAM, better 3Dfx card (dunno the specs)) it starts up with the massive swap-filing after ~30 minutes. Have to restart the computer. The game basically locks up because of the swap files.

I.E. *CRANK* *CRANK* *CRANK* *CRANK* screen updates *CRANK* *CRANK* *CRANK* *CRANK* screen updates *CRANK* *CRANK* *CRANK* *CRANK* *CRANK* *CRANK* *CRANK* *CRANK* *CRANK* screen updates *CRANK* *CRANK* *yank powercord out of the wall*

Screen updates.

I get like .5 fps (one screen update every 2 seconds) once the swap files get going. much sadness for me (fortunaly, i'm not home that often!)
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

Didja check their computer to make sure the drives aren't running in MS/DOS compatibility mode? That'll really kill swapfile performance.

Theanna

Originally posted by Theanna
    Didja check their computer to make sure the drives aren't running in MS/DOS compatibility mode? That'll really kill swapfile performance.

Theanna
    Actually, I'm gonna do something better. Spend 70 bucks and upgrade the ram on their machine. Problem solved..just feed the leaks until they are full, and they don't bother you!