Thread: New Theory About How Max Health is Calculated

Arrow New Theory About How Max Health is Calculated

I had occasion to be talking with a guild buddy (go Mockers!) and it came up in conversation that we had almost identical Health. I was surprised, since he was much higher level than me. He admitted he hadn't totally maxed out Body Development, so I was less surprised. Then he told me what his BodyDev was, and I was even more surprised than I had been before.

We had identical Health, +/- 1% or so. But his BodyDev was one and a half times what mine was!

We're both Fixers. Other than level, what's the main difference betwen our characters? I'm a Solitus, he's an Opifex.

Here's my new theory. I think that how many hit points you get per point of body dev is related to what color the Stamina attribute is to you. If I'm right, then that would explain that no matter what color Body Dev is as a skill for your profession, for the same number of points, an atrox gets the most health, a solitus and a nanomage (surprise, if true) get the same amount of health, and an opifex the least amount of health.

Check this for me, will you, everybody? The next time you level up, and spend IP on Stamina and/or Body Dev, note two things for me: how much BodyDev went up (counting any free you got form raising Stam), and how many hit points you gained from doing so. Please note this as a reply, or /tell InfamousBrad. Include your profession, breed, and level. (I'm 99.99% sure, now, that level has nothing to do with it, but let's get it as a data point. Yes, I know, I've told people in the past that it seemed like certain breeds get free hit points per level. I appear to have been completely wrong about this. Mea maxima culpa.)

Final note: The relationship between Nano Pool and Max Nano may work the same way, but the actual equation may be harder to figure, because unlike Health, Nano Pool is based on four different attributes (70% Psy, 10% each on Int, Stam, and Sens). But the long and short of it would probably be that for the same number of levels of Nano Pool, a Nanomage would get the most Max Nano, and an Atrox probably the least. An Opifex might get more than a Solitus; it depends on the math, whether among the ten-percenter attributes a green, a light blue, and a dark blue added up to more or less than three light blue.

He's an Opifex? Don't look further than this, it explains all

Hm. I think I receive about 15 HP per 4 Body Dev points (char's Opifex too, btw) but I couldn't be completely sure - and this doesn't include whether I max Stam BEFORE or AFTER. I'll check more attentively next time I log into the game.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

ummm don't quote me but i believe that a solitus gets 2 hp more PER LEVEL then solitus. Or might be the other way around or might not be that bug but i know its different for different breeds atrox getting the most hp per level and nano getting the least. This HP you get is given to you regardless of your stamina or body dev.

Same sorta thing happens with nano but in reverse order.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Just download the Skill Emulator and stop guessing heh.