Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Female Harassment on Rubi-Ka

Exclamation Female Harassment on Rubi-Ka

I made a female character just for the hell of it and too be completely different from my normal Atrox's I usually play.

I came up with my wife’s help with what I thought was a cute name.

Well is it just because I'm male and seeing something I don't normally see, but do other female players get harassed as much as I have been?

I get so many tells about how is my day, "wink".....*rubbing your shoulders*....etc, it is started to get ridiculous. I have had guys ask for my email and such, and questions about what I look like in real life. If I was really a female I would be completely annoyed, not just humored like I am now.

It is really sad that guys feel the need to think with their member and not their brain.

On a positive note…..I had one guy who gave me 100k just out of the blue. I also got a rare QL186 nano crystal and a nice set of NCU’s all because some guy felt generous to this little “girl”
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

hehe

My girl toon got gifts all the time...thong swimsuits are deadly!!

I don't know. What have you been doing to get such attention?

People I come accross pretty much guess I'm a real life female and the ones I play with more know it for a fact but I've never had people harassing me (this of course is not an invitation to harass me now on). Maybe it's cause I'm perfectly comfortable in my armour or maybe I'm just not girly enough. *grin*

Talking

You should have chosen this face for your character.

Jeez. Some people need to get RL girl friends.

Trying to score a date on an international video game just isn't cool.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

hmm

well, I have mostly Female characters and I have Lots of characters, but I haven't gotten the sholder rub Etc.

I have gotten " Can I get a Nanokiss?"

But it is Stoopid with an International playerbase to think, Even if you get to know someone, that you would ever meet them in real life.
    If you are Failing to Plan,

You are Planning to Fail.

and this isnt a AOL chat room, dont ask people where they live or what they look like in real life, you are here to play a "RPG".

and reality omg LOL.

ooh and by the way...

A/S/L?

Ohh, this is something I haven't experienced yet in this game.

Maybe my dual-wieleded Executioners prevent male beings from saying such bulls... errm, things?
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

yeah, i experienced the same thing when i tried to create a female character. i NEVER wore socials with her and still had guys coming up to me telling me how cute i looked in my armor. wtf? just leave me alone. grr. stopped playing her and started a male character. now all my characters are male or atrox.

Men and woman hit on me all the time!! I mean COME ON! I am one sexy Atrox!
    Maximus "Immense" Meridius - Enforcer (Don) My Armor
    Sun "Firegoddess" Kaba - Super Sneak Agent
    "Gridarmor" - Grid Armor Wearin' Fixer
    STORM - Best of the best
    Creator of AO Character Lookup, click to download
    Damn it feels good to be a Gangster

And how many female chars are really played by RL women/girls? I bet one out of a hundred is a female in RL, the rest is male. So if you make out with a female the odds are it's a sixteen year old boy you are "doing it" with

Vitnirs

I'd say its waaaaay more than 1/100

Also ive not been truly harrassed yet.
    Yes ive had compliments off people with manners, which im happy to get, but luckily i havent had too many occasions when some silly little teenager has got over excited ("Omg! A girl! What can i do to impress her?.... I know! Ill make some very insulting sexual reference! That will be sure to win her heart and really turn her on!") and made stupid remarks.
    When it does happen i usually just laugh it off or ignore it tho. Its not too much of a problem
    Sulema Keaorata Fahrni

You dont need eyes to see, you need vision

I think this is universal to most online games...I am a female, who plays a female, so I am used to it. I do get approached alot, winks, rubs, sometimes over the top flirting. But I did not really think about it until my BF started playing female characters (let's face it, they look cooler) well he really, really noticed the difference. People just gave him stuff and would start flirting and he would have to eventually, say, "You know I am a guy in RL".

Well, errr... I do not count flirting etc. as harassment. I think flirting amongst friends is fun but that's as far as it goes. I don't think anyone has ever given me things for being a female - if someone has shame on them .

I also wonder if some of the people claiming being continually harassed are taking things a bit too seriously... maybe you get attention but what all do you count as harassment and how do you react to it?

After learning I am indeed a female in rl, I have had people start asking me explicit sexual questions, never happens to my bf.

That's why I make it my own personal policy NEVER to reveal my sex in a MMORPG. If my character is male, I use 'he', if female, 'she'. Same applies for other peoples characters I talk about
    Dest

Re: hmm

Originally posted by NanoKiss
    But it is Stoopid with an International playerbase to think, Even if you get to know someone, that you would ever meet them in real life.
    I met a girl on another game, she came on holiday from Austria for a week and we had a great time.

I got a freind in London , have known him over the internet and on the phone for over 3 years , were planning on getting together for a beer after the summer.

Also got a open invitation to meet another freind who is living in spain , known him for aslong.

Originally posted by Immense
    Men and woman hit on me all the time!! I mean COME ON! I am one sexy Atrox!

SO AM I!!!!!!!!!
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

This makes me wonder... any guys here ever get flirted with? Well? um....

/me hides in a dark corner somewhere....
    Former EQ Cleric lvl 26, no relation to Bugs Bunny
    90 337 $0|\/|3 l337: It's not just for dinner anymore

It can get really annoying. I've seen the /adjust emote far too many times... and I don't even go around in lingerie.

Some @ssholes even tried to "r@pe" one of my female characters (saying stuff like "hold her down" /adjust /adjust /adjust), so I turned into a leet and ran away.

(And I'm a fem. irl, btw. ...and apparently, "r@pe" is a censored word here)
    Last edited by PaulyShore; Jun 2nd, 2002 at 06:07:53.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast