Thread: The one and the many

The one and the many

Msice whispers : Whoaw
    Everwatch whispers : Wow
    The silence was back in the Rompa bar. April and Meta were left to stare at each other, speechless, the recruit title still in their mind 'Godfather'

Earlier that night, the place was empty, only rythmed by the bartender’s snoring. April and Meta were cuddling, a quiet atmosphere didnt bother them, the crowd either. They often felt like being alone in the world anyway.

A recruit had come and gone, running to more work, more thrill, the ~SoS~ symbol now pinned on his shirt, the freshly unpacked Bakalava hood on the head. Masteroftots he said… well Anthony was his name. Come in, hear the speech, join, see you at the meeting… April felt like a recruit factory sometimes. Anthony still had his pants on hehe. He had agreed to join with the condition that he could keep his ruined nail pants… strange guy. A gambler he said, he was pennyless. Ah well, a nice guy.

Then Flint « Frostbeard » dropped his massive atrox body on the couch. His mere presence had silenced the 2 women. Meta would let her Mistress speak, which didnt arrange April, since she was just as intimidated. A brief review of his ICC file… the guy had seen more battles than April had ever heard about. What was he doing here ?
    Frostbeard: Id like to contribute to the org, how can I do this
    As always, April was proud of her org, an org where any friendly person could join and find shelter, free to be in peace or to fight, to express opinions or stay shut, never being judged or dictated. A place where differences were a strength, an addition for the greater good.

Welcome to our recruits
    Masteroftots
    Frostbeard

~ Respect – Tolerance – Fun ~
    Last edited by Everwatch; May 8th, 2004 at 13:55:20.
    April "Everwatch" Garasha

General of the ~ Society of Salvation ~, RP omni org on Atlantean
    Leader of the DART - Department of Acquisitions, Raids and Training, the military branch of the SoS.

Feel free to contact me for events and application to the DART.

*blinks*
    oh yes, Flint. Pheeew, he is a nice guy. The gentlest Trox i've met yet.

*thinks of their Gentle Giant... and smiles*
    meta "msice" gaviglia
    Loving President of the ~Society of Salvation~
    www.societyofsalvation.net

"Another day in the Rompa... god is life boring..."
    April was sitting in the same couch as usual, a near empty bottle of cider in the hand. The seat where Trevor used to sit was empty, she wouldnt let anyone sit there.
    She looked up as she noticed the slender silhouette of a young opifex getting close. This guy must be a martial artist... and a nice one she thought.
    - Hello Daejung, nice to meet you, I am April.
    She was silent a moment, looking at the man's naked chest, her eyes following the curves of the tattooed dragon across his muscular body. He was fidgetting a bit, uncomfortable. April was perfectly fine, smiling softly.
    She already knew she wanted this male in her org. The following conversation was nothing but procedure.
    When Tsang "Daejung" left, a bit faster than he should, he announced over his shoulder:
    Oh, and I like tattoos
    April thought for herself, looking at the muscles rolling under the skin of his back "yes, I do too"

Welcome to our new recruits
    Daejung
    Falo
    Nnita

~ Respect - Tolerance - Fun ~

Leader of the DART - Department of Acquisitions, Raids and Training, the military branch of the SoS.

"the glyph... the notum... the canister..."
    April was in the reets retreat, sitting indian style in a comfortable couch. She was wearing a few armor parts, a few clothes, in a strange patchwork she would never accept usually. But today was different. Manipulating her brand new pair of tier 1 jobe gloves, she was joyfull, thanking Flint "Frostbeard", the gentle giant, in her head. He had given her the last needed parts. April was flexing the fingers of her gloves, like hypnotized by the light from the fireplace reflecting on them.
    Recruitment!
    She raised her head, looked around at the persons she had been ignoring, Nallekotten, Kunoako, and the trox applicant, Acze, enforcer from head to toe. He was looking at her with still eyes.
    "Wether he wants me, or I just shouted that. He is trox, so it must be the later".
    Recruitment was the department Nallekotten didnt mention. April had corrected him without even thinking of it.
    "I am a machine, a recruitment machine. I dont even think of it anymore, words just come out... ok, time for a cider"
    April waited impatiently for the end of the conversation between the recruiters and the enforcer before heading to the bar.

Welcome to our recruit !
    Acze

It had been an easy recruitment. One of those she would do while painting her nails. The guy was good looking, friendly, a good applicant for the organization. He had introduced himself as Blake « Zerufactur » Stone, a soldier, member of an org, but looking for a more active one. He had listened to a short speech, said bye to his org, joined. A guy who knew what he was doing. They were relaxing, Blake laying in the couch, facing the main corridor of the Rompa. 5 members had joined the conversation, people passing by could have thought they were having a small meeting. Conversation was informal, friendly.

The person who came to stand in front of the soldier was unoticed at first, a few « hi » were exchanged without thinking about it, when the ~SoS~ members realized Blake and the newcomer were looking fixedly at each other. The girl’s small body, hidden under a long black coat, seemed misplaced in front of this improvised audience. Her hands were crossed on her lap, she was quiet and still. An heavy silence fell on the group, everyone waiting for what was to come. April made a fast checking to ICC database, realized the girl’s name was Veronica "Angstgeber" Stone, member of the org Blake had just left. « Uh oh » She thought. « Looks like someone doesnt like to see their members leaving ».

Obviously they were talking together with their comm-units. Veronica was applicant to the other org, she couldnt be some kind of recruiter ?
    Everwatch said : Do you know each other well ?
    Zerufactur said : She is my wife
    The silence that followed seemed to never end.

April was never good for patience.
    Everwatch said : Angstgeber ? Is Zerufactur’s departure a surprize for you ?
    Angstgeber said : Not really
    The ~SoS~ leader couldnt hold a soft sigh. So many women could order their husbands back to home with nothing but a frown. Most men are like that, children, not even aware of it.

What was to follow was already written. Several persons noticed that, since the talks started again. Veronica joined the org after a few minutes. Was Blake the decision maker of this couple ? Was Veronica a follower ? or someone who would sacrifice anything for the person she loved ? April knew those questions were none of her business, but that didnt stop her, she would find out at some point.

Welcome to our recruits !
    Zerufactur
    Angstgeber

It was a quiet morning in Rompa Bar as meta stretched out, waking on the sofa where she so often sleeps... Slowly she woke and began to prepare for her day, using the ladies room at the Bar. With a hot tea from the Barkeep she sat back down at the ~SoS~ table and flipped open her comm...

.... Feeling Lonely? she typed the message into her comm, broadcasting it to OT OOC... followed by an ad for the ~SoS~

Soon the Rompa bar was bustling with activity as three applicants came to be interviewed by meta. She served them Cider and chatted casually as the table filled with other members of the Society, and Max the Org mentor.

meta sighed and sat back quietly cuddling with April and listening to the chatter. She felt happy and proud of her morning's work.

Welcome to Ammyl, Jausef, and Avonra!!!
    meta "msice" gaviglia
    Loving President of the ~Society of Salvation~
    www.societyofsalvation.net

April decided she was in a bad mood today. She was waking up, and with this given mindset, everything was wrong. A few members had left recently, the bathtub water was too hot, she had knots in her long hair. One of those days when she would wear the same clothes as the day before.

That is what she did, though looking at her clothes on the way to the Rompa made her brood more. She entered the bar, looking for her fiancée, the only person who would make her feel better. May be she would get mad in an argument, or relax in meta’s arms, but she would let go some stress.

Her lovely girlfriend was busy, talking with 3 persons, using gentle and cautious words, her usual soft tone, making everyone feel above her. She was offering them a place in the ~SoS~. April started a bit, thinking « 3 recruits ? ». Meta bowed and kissed her Mistress, and returned to her talk as soon as politeness allowed, visibly excited.

April sat on the couch behind meta, amazed and enjoyed by her lovely bottom, swaying as she talked to the recruits. Her hands were accompanying her words, soft yet so convincing. Who would not trust meta, her innocent wide eyes, her quivering lips, her lovely round face. April knew well what a deadly recruiter she was. Nothing to add, the persons were nodding with everything she said.

Avonra : You have my service.
    Jausef : I pledge my services to the SoS.
    Ammyl : I would like an invitation.
    April had said nothing but a few words, rare enough she thought. She shrugged the thought away and relaxed, holding meta in her arms. The recruits had left with a new resolve, with a new family, meta was cuddling, smiling sweetly, her head low, like a child.

Welcome to our recruits !

((this story is related as April remembers the scene, willingly putting aside the recruits' interractions. Sorry it our recruits look passive in this text, we are proud and happy of the RP they developped during the interview)).

The guy was a guy. A male. A soldier even. Baalok. What made April think Baalok would be female? She shrugged a bit, thinking she was silly.

She stared at him silently, a medium sized man, hidden in his armor. His size would have kept him away from the armed forces. May be the reason why he was here tonight, in front of the Rompa bar, equipped with second hand stuff.
    "Cyber armor? unusual for a soldier."

The guy was odd.

Faromir: An odd one he is Boss... Carefull with this one.
    *Yeah, I know* she thought. His way to speak, formal, severe, yet with this humorous side. April listened to his talk some more.
    Baalok: I find Wisdom and Strength of Arms a Deadly Combination... Make no Mistake I AM a Soldier... Yet I am No Fool
    *And... he thinks*. April had a particular attention on him, as the conversation went on.

The guy was odd.

Baalok: If I am Worthy - Then I would hope to come through to the End of the Probationary Period and would Join the Military Aspect of Your Organization
    April was waiting, barely listening. *Yeah, yeah, you are already in. We both know I will invite you*. More questions would change nothing. April liked this kind of guys.

This guy was odd, and a fine addition to the org.

Welcome to our recruit
    Baalok

Everwatch: here is Coy, a fellow member
    It is often a bad idea to have guests during an interview. It is a mouthfull to describe our org, our ways, any other talk is trouble.
    Thing is, She loved speaking to Coy. this guy was so provocative, so chaotic. just what really turned her on.
    For a second, she wondered what Vintage, his nickname, was for.
    Vintage: Greetings, can I interest you in a foot rub?
    "Coy, you are at your top" she thought.

As the interview went on, April realized this "Blindoleman" was a recruit she wanted for the org. She kept an eye on Coy, always ready to crush the conversation for the sake of his weird sense of humor. Holding her hands clenched in her lap, she hid her fear to see the recruit burst in anger. She was wrong.
    Blindoleman: heh yeah, he's fine *pats coy on the head*
    It took a while for April to realize that those two were weaving a friendship already.
    "Too serious. I am getting too serious" she frowned. "Trying to mother and be in control, and I miss the obvious."

Vintage: Been fun, but...I gotta jet.potty break *Blows ever a kiss*
    The interview was over, the recruit has joined. in the end, she knew that Coy sealed this contract more than she did.
    "The org channel will be interesting with those two" she thought. As if her thoughts were getting real, she heard on her com-unit:

Vintage: "Hey melon...sorry "Chip" whats my name?"
    Blindoleman: "Coy"
    V: "Wrong! You call me Ginger"
    B: "Ginger is a girls name.."
    V: "How do you know I wasnt at one time?"

"Coy..."

Welcome to our recruits
    Sifuyinyang
    Blindoleman

Last edited by Everwatch; Mar 18th, 2006 at 02:56:46.

((Welcome back!!! ))
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

(( Thank you! Not being an official recruiter anymore, it is hard to find the material to write more ))