Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 19 days

hehehe I for one dig Nikki =PP

yall just pissed because she got all the nice stuff before everybody else =PP

go hoard those special items Nikki!!

hehehe
    -------------------------------------
    Zerpentor lvl 213 Enforcer
    Lequack lvl 201 MP
    Ziele lvl 180 Soldier

4 days

woaah looks like Im really going :O)
    Too bad Funcom just doesnt understand :O(
    Wish you Luck!

Oh, we understand. And we'd love to be able to fix/change/impriove everything in a matter of days, but unfortunately no one here is Superman. Camping is something that affects all MMORPGs to a degree, and has entrenched itself as an element in these games. Changing it all at once is no small feat, but we have begun the road to less camping, and I'm going to keep pushing for more avenues to the end of it.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Cosmik

You know I cant trust you :OP

Patch Notes:
    Just read the new patch notes. And to be honest I am not sure if this was what I was asking for or not. The patch is full of content with really no true nerfs outside of the trader heals. I'll prolly stay around to see what it's like, but dont know how I will feel about it.

Still I dont know. On one hand I want to quit, but on the other the changes want me to stay. Not because I wanted to stay all along, but for the fact it is the first time I have fealt GOOD about a patch. Thats pretty hard to do considering how jaded I was towards the game.

Either way I prolly stick around in the background to see how it goes. Considering I still Have 2months left anyways. The truth is I had to leave the game anyway for a few months for the most part. I just didn't want to pay for a game that hadnt improved any by the time I got back then expected me to pay for an expansion to get just what they promised us in the first. Looks like a good step forward though, good enough to warrent me to give them a second chance.

It would be nice though if you guys just made me Funcoms Lead Game Co-ordinator. Then I could let you know how to really make a game to make everyone happy all at once. :O) Considering how many of my ideas you have implemented now anyways. That doesnt even compare to the game that is in my head right now that would beat every other MMORPG in existance. But thats an idea that Ill prolly have to develope on my own :OP

Anyways here is to the wait and see crap.

3 ermm......days???
    Still semi-quasi-undecided

Originally posted by NikkiDial
    Cosmik

me Funcoms Lead Game Co-ordinator. Then I could let you know how to really make a game to make everyone happy all at once. :O) Considering how many of my ideas you have implemented now anyways. That doesnt even compare to the game that is in my head right now that would beat every other MMORPG in existance. But thats an idea that Ill prolly have to develope on my own :OP
    Well Nikki, have your EVER took part in big software project ? Belive me AO even after release was far form worst outcome.
    BTW I was working in a big telecom company, and support which we provided was, hmm, not better then AO's. I still wondering why phones still ringing

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Oh, we understand. And we'd love to be able to fix/change/impriove everything in a matter of days, but unfortunately no one here is Superman. Camping is something that affects all MMORPGs to a degree, and has entrenched itself as an element in these games. Changing it all at once is no small feat, but we have begun the road to less camping, and I'm going to keep pushing for more avenues to the end of it.
    *pulls his hair out*

Any chance you'll tell us why you guys don't like any of the ideas that have been put up here since early November after Steps got so out of hand? Why do you guys not want dungeon keys and key dispensers so you can reinstitute your original plan of multiple iterations of dungeons? Why do you guys not turn up the spawn rate of mobs like the Lab Director who drops four different unique items? Why do you not make things like the crat suit form NODROP so people don't come get one for their level 9 alt? Why do you insist on putting THE best items in the game (DeCranium Armor, anyone?) on mobs that have to be camped? Why not institute a level cap so that level 150s don't dominate dungeons designed for level 60s, so that people have to EARN their phat lewt?

Scorus

I'll prolly stay around to see what it's like, but dont know how I will feel about it.

RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Hmmm...It comes down to how fast they can get this patch in. If it comes withen a resonable amount of time then I will give it a try. Otherwise I cant stand for slow work :O(

2 days....still undecided

Nikki give up. I really think you are making yourself look like an idiot.

You give them an ultimatum, then you say your undecided. You will look like an even bigger fool if you decide to stay passed the 2 days left. This little trick has been tried by many people. And they quit. And I don't remember any of their names, nor do I care to. Do yourself, and the rest of us a favor. Don't hit accept when the EULA comes up again.

Artie

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...oduction/test/

This is pretty much everything I asked for. A good content patch now, they are just doing it a different way then what I suggested. Like I said its dependant on whether or not they can get it out fast. If I was looking for a reason to stay it would be because of Dodga/Alvin changes. But, I wasnt looking for a reason to stay. I was looking for them to improve the game by adding content.

So how can I look like a foll when they are doing what I want them to do?? Just doing it right instead of fast. But, even that is unacceptable if right is too long.

Think of me how ever you wish. Nothing I can do to change you mind. People that hate me hate me. People that like me like me. I dont bother with how they feel because its not worth the effort.

Originally posted by Scorus

*pulls his hair out*

Any chance you'll tell us why you guys don't like any of the ideas that have been put up here since early November after Steps got so out of hand? Why do you guys not want dungeon keys and key dispensers so you can reinstitute your original plan of multiple iterations of dungeons? Why do you guys not turn up the spawn rate of mobs like the Lab Director who drops four different unique items? Why do you not make things like the crat suit form NODROP so people don't come get one for their level 9 alt? Why do you insist on putting THE best items in the game (DeCranium Armor, anyone?) on mobs that have to be camped? Why not institute a level cap so that level 150s don't dominate dungeons designed for level 60s, so that people have to EARN their phat lewt?

Scorus
    We've agreed and disagreed on various topics before Scorus but on this one I have to disagree with you. The solution to camping isn't as simple as we, the players, make it when viewed from the developers standpoint.

The only way to eliminate camping is one that takes more time than people want to give. That's:
    1. Completely randomize the mob's loot so it is never guarranteed to have an item.
    2. Give the mob a wide enough range of items to have as loot equal to it's difficulty to kill.
    3. Make sure an item has more than 1 mob of appropriate difficulty to spawn in.

So long as people know where to go for an item , are sure to find it there, and that location is the only place to get it it will be camped.

As for private static dungeons....well, we kinda asked for static dungeons ourselves. If we wanted them to be private, why didn't we just ask to have the items spawn in our own inventory. Since that would pretty much be the end result (and wouldn't need someone to make the pretty dungeon around it)
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

I am NOT looking for a reason to STAY.
    I am looking for a reason to QUIT!
    An here i thought you were looking for a reason to quit.

Personally i never really expected nikki to go, although i had hoped for it, I more or less excpeted this to be a ploy to make nikki the center o fattention again as well as sell of those low level uniques he was selling at insane prices.
    Last edited by Pie314; Jun 18th, 2002 at 01:35:08.
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

http://62.233.144.17/mimesis/index.php

AO isn't 1/100000th as bad as people are making it out to be.

http://www.mondionline.com/index.php...van&cerca=live

Check out the titles on that list if you really want to be horrified by the dark, twisted, tainted underbelly of the MMORPG market.

I never realized.... relative to what else is out there, AO is a solid gold treasure. Are other games coming out? Yes, they are.

Do I have any faith that they aren't going to totally suck? After looking at how many games already came out and died...

Not really.

AO has issues. It has a LOT of issues. But lack of change isn't one of them... sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse, but at least the game isn't stagnating or offering a lifetime subscription for $9.95.

/boggle
    Nietya

Level 77 Clan fixer.

Trellame ought to be sainted or made a deity or something. I mean, seriously.

[B]This is pretty much everything I asked for. A good content patch now, they are just doing it a different way then what I suggested. Like I said its dependant on whether or not they can get it out fast. If I was looking for a reason to stay it would be because of Dodga/Alvin changes. But, I wasnt looking for a reason to stay. I was looking for them to improve the game by adding content.
    You said you would quit if camping was not reduced at the big mobs. I said you would find an excuse to stay.

You did. Like they all do.
    Last edited by Greystar; Jun 18th, 2002 at 11:42:04.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

----

Artie

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...oduction/test/

This is pretty much everything I asked for. A good content patch now, they are just doing it a different way then what I suggested. Like I said its dependant on whether or not they can get it out fast. If I was looking for a reason to stay it would be because of Dodga/Alvin changes. But, I wasnt looking for a reason to stay. I was looking for them to improve the game by adding content.

So how can I look like a foll when they are doing what I want them to do?? Just doing it right instead of fast. But, even that is unacceptable if right is too long.

Think of me how ever you wish. Nothing I can do to change you mind. People that hate me hate me. People that like me like me. I dont bother with how they feel because its not worth the effort.
    I wouldn't hold your breath about them getting it out very fast.
    Second, I never came off as saying that I hated you. I think you have good ideas, but the presentation is tactless.

Fast ? What's fast.... 14.4 might be out as soon as next week.

Imagideon
    You said you would quit if camping was not reduced at the big mobs. I said you would find an excuse to stay.
    Actually what I said was that reducing all boss mobs was a "Quick" fix. Please dont leave out the other thread that was deleted on this subject since it had much of what I was saying in it. I never even said it was a good fix. All I was saying is that it would be a show of good faith to calm the animals until they got the "REAL" and "LONGTERM" changes in place.

This is what they did though

NPC and Monster Changes:

The team mission bosses now have more loot. The amount depends on the number of players in the team when accepting the mission.

The number of additional NPCs in the team mission boss room has been tweaked. The challenge should now be more in line with the size and power of the group doing the mission. In some cases you will face less monsters than today, in others more.
    Increasing boss loot to avoid the "Percieved" or "Real" camping issues with getting boos loot or instruction disks.

Item Changes:

Some new static missions have been introduced. The rewards for these missions are items that behave differently than all other items currently in the game. We will leave it up to the players to figure out how!
    New static missions, with HOPEFULLY items that need to be leveled also "Hope Hope"

Some monsters have established new camps in Southern Artery Valley

Omni-Tek has reopened a base in Southern Artery Valley.

Omni-Tek now has an operational save terminal in Southern Artery Valley.

Suppression gas in Belial Forest and Southern Artery Valley has been increased to monster only.
    Opening up the unused zones for play. Thus increasing content by adding new zones that no one would otherwise use.

Different types of monsters in Andromeda have established small camps. Careful, they are being ruled by a strong leader.
    The start of the dyna-camps. And another Mob boss system. Which equals MORE content.

Introduced some more changes to the Whom-Pah system.

ICC has opened a Whom-Pah node to get make contact with the two sides and neutrals easier. As a consequence of this change, a shop has been removed from the area in an attempt to avoid crowding.
    Making travel to other less used zones easier for everyone. Which creates a system for people to explore more AND level mor ein other places. Soon they will put in new dyna-spawns in the zones they are opening up. Hopefully this will add even more content as I see it.

Added a new item that enables the Fixer to "fix" better nano skills for themselves.
    Hopefully something for fixers to do :OP

We are proud to introduce a new grid for the Fixers. They are the only ones able to use it, but in order to do so they must first solve a mission!
    Fixer mission with cool and useful reward. Hopefully the fixer grid isnt limited to 3 fixers in the game like the Nullity and GA fixes :OP

Nano-Technician Changes:

Trader Changes:

Fixer Changes:

Martial Artist Changes:

Agent Changes:

Adventurer Changes:

Soldier Changes:
    Good changes to many professions. Not to mention the fixers and adventurers look to be getting alot of good stuff from this patch. Will have to wait and see how it is implemnted though to see if its good or bad. Only the trader got any real type of nerf and even that may not be too bad.

So If all of this is being added I think its a very GOOD first step. No steps backward on this patch as I saw it. Plus it has many long-term features that could later solve content issues. So if I was looking for a reason to stay why didnt I do it 5 days earlier when EVERYONE expected I would, instead of now when what I asked for is being delivered?

Trust me though I WAS gone as I have no items left on my characters. So I have to go back and build up my characters all over again. So it's not like I was just playing around since I sold off some of the most coveted items in the game :O( That I may not even be able to get back at the same quality levels. So how can you say I wasn't serious and was just looking to grab attention like always. HEHEHEHE O ya this is the internet. People can talk smack all day long to a computer screen. Very few have what it takes though to put it all on the line and take it as far as I did though.

So in the end I lose all my items, lose my guild (because a "Globe of Clarity" is more important to them then my statement,) and lose all the time I focused onto this subject. Weeee I have over 2billion credits now. Doesnt mean my intentions wherent sincere. I truely wanted good and fair things to happen for ALL players of the game as I have ALWAYS stated. So don't judge me when I get what I want, just because it takes a little longer than my "QUICK" fix wouldve taken to implement. They are adding "REAL" fixes from what I saw by the patch notes. And since this is a MOSTLY content patch it should be here in 1-2 weeks, which to me is acceptable for some first-step long-term changes.

Dont get me wrong my decision will also be based alot on the 2 patches after to see if they can come up with SOLID 2nd and 3rd steps follow up this SOLID 1st step.

Anyways whine all you want. See it how you will. But, I got what I wanted to happen no matter what you say.

From whiner to fanboi in three posts flat. I think that's a new record.

In the meantime, that 2 billion credits can easily buy whatever you need for all your characters, unless you've got about six accounts.

/me dives back into Warcraft 3.

14.2 had lots of cool new stuff, too.

You found an excuse as I predicted. You are just like Noer, Snarf and all the other "I quit" people. Stop announcing you quit, unless you really do it.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

----

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast