Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: People who go clan for ar fa sleeves

Originally posted by CocoClown
    Flowers is better than Elite. The lack of Chem AC is a big drawback for Elite. And 150+ everyone ends up using DeCranium anyway
    For christ sake Destria! It was IRONIC. *sigh*
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    Clans are supposedly better skilled.

AR Sleeves = More skill, for clan soldiers.
    Btw - Petition about people swapping sides to wear other sided armor (Paris, Steffani, many more) and Genevra will come to them to get them to remove it.

Give OT an advantage of some type also - It doesnt have to be AR. Maybe a +20 Matter Creation OT only hat? etc etc.
    suuure kink. rofl
    Last edited by Caol; Jun 1st, 2002 at 10:54:44.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Red face right

yay right Caol just like he exploited to lv 200 they really removed that.

Re: right

Originally posted by Blanch
    yay right Caol just like he exploited to lv 200 they really removed that.
    Not to mention that he deleted his char out of his own stupidity, he also got it his whole char + items reimbursed...

Kink talking about exploiting.. Now that's funny.
    Pfft!

For christ sake Destria! It was IRONIC. *sigh*
    I know . It wasn't directed at you specifically
    Dest

Originally posted by Mantravadi
    Omni elite armor: sure its good, Flower armor is better, so I dont see why anyone would care about that.

Clanners can sell in omni-shops. Or well, at least one. I see them in there all the time.

The crat suits are different. The clan one has some stats that are lower and some that are higher than omni. There is one for both sides, unlike the sleeves.

I dunno about the hunting grounds since I never played a clan char but it has always seemed to me that clanners level faster.

I really dont see any of those advantages.
    They ahve nerfed the spawn an all outdoor hunting in clan area, we "need" to start doing missions at lvl 30 or go to omni land to hunt.

About the sleeves...I don't use AR weapons so I don't have any reason to have an opinion about it, but omnis have advantages whole way at lower lvl, mostly with money and armor, that only make an advantage for your first character tho.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Re: hmm

Originally posted by Blanch
    Sleeves should be made for omni / clan stupid that no matter what clan AR user will have better EQUIPMENT than the omni AR user therefore always able to beat him stats wise. Sorry omni pol armor is a joke I always used flower tech before mk 2 armor came out. As for shopping advantage it is possible i'm not sure if is still possible for clan to sell to certain terminal shop in omni shops.
    You can still sell stuff as caln in omni shops, but you get the same cash value as selling it in a caln shop. It was fixed a while ago

Re: Re: right

Originally posted by Rhayden

Not to mention that he deleted his char out of his own stupidity, he also got it his whole char + items reimbursed...
    THats funny, cause Angelicnova did exactly the same...
    NT phone HOME!!

As for OTs to wear those sleeves, check this out WHere it clearly says:
    These sleeves were specially designed for Colonel Kaehler of the southeast OT region. It is strictly private property. Any other OT employee trying to wear it, will be jailed, fined and lose his or her OT privileges. In severe cases even exiled from the planet.
    So, I really hope FC sticks with this one, and throws the OTs wearing them out of the planet.
    NT phone HOME!!

Can't help thinking that half the omni's now don't recall the FACT that Omni had it so much better after release for many months.

Maybe if those same Omni's had been Clan, then we may have got the situation fixed back then, as god can Omni's cry and whine.. "Whaaaaaaaa!"

So it's totally unfair now that Omni have the "Whaaaaa!" advantage, can a couple of your best crybabies please switch to clan and stay clan. Then maybe we can compete in the crying game.
    Xiderpunk - 173 Martial Artist
    Xidder - 147 Crat

Apocalypse

So beacause the game was unbalanced back at release it should stay like that forever? We give omni advantage first, then clan, then back to omni again. Is that what you want? That whole concept sounds kinda stupid to me...but what do I know... call people crybabies cause they want to fix something thats obviously wrong sounds a bit odd too.

Finally, those huge advantages you're talking about. If you clanners didnt try to get them fixed back then, that's your problem. Of course omnis didnt bring them up since we didnt suffer from them. If you however DID try to get them fixed - even one less reason to call us crybabies since you did the same.
    Last edited by Mantravadi; Jun 1st, 2002 at 18:59:03.
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.

Wasn't clan advantage supposed to be some kind of a skill bonus?

Not exactly, the clan's advantage was supposed to be GUILD bonuses, ie a guild could buy an advantage such as +10 to 1hb and would pay for the upkeep of that skill.

Dollars to doughnuts say that if the clan advantages were to come in right now in a sneak patch, Omni's would give FC hell to pay. On good gounds imho.

Omni would need better everything, not just Omni-pol/elite and the rest of the Omni only armors(forest/desert) but weapons as well. This would create a shift where certain professions would learn more towards certain factions ie Soldiers more towards Omni, Nano-techs more towards clan, etc. But I'm rambling, and still wondering why this thread is in the PvP forum.
    /rant
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

If there were to be an Omni bonus with equipment, and Clan bonus to skills, then they'd need to ensure that the equipment available exclusively to Omni people didn't become obsolete, as Elite does now. Skill bonuses are always useful (even if they just result in a basic +ATK bonus).
    Dest

Dest, I thought I just said that if Clans got guild advantages, Omnis would need A LOT better gear.

Even that is short-sighted in the long term, as a huge guild could buy a crap load of advantages and have them running at one time, oh well. *shrug*

FC truly talks a good game, and I'm still waiting to play that game.
    Last edited by Obergeist; Jun 2nd, 2002 at 01:20:37.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Let me add some more numbers to this discussion..

The +42 attack rating will make you do roughly 10% of the weapons base damage extra. For the weapons normally used (Nova and River) this means roughly 90-100 points extra in a crit. In PvP this becomes 50 points extra. The extra 424 energy AC obtained from wearing Mk II armor instead of theese sleeves will take away 42 of those 50 points, leaving those who are wearing the kaehler sleeves with 8 points of extra damage. With the 280 extra hp from the Mk II sleeves it will therefore take 35 *crits* before the clanner with kaehler sleeves come out on top.

DAMN WE ARE UBER! NERF US!

It's the reqs as well. There are ql200 guns that an omni soldier will never be able to use. That's even less dmg, plus that it's easier to obtain ql200 weapons than lets say ql190.
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.

Re: Re: Re: right

Originally posted by Garzu
    THats funny, cause Angelicnova did exactly the same...
    She did? rofl. WTB IQ!
    Pfft!

Talking

Originally posted by CocoClown
    I know . It wasn't directed at you specifically
    Yes it was. You try to make me look like a n00b infront of all these uber people

Great party today btw! Ty
    Pfft!

I assume you are talking about the Heavy suppressor, as this is the weapon that started this whole argument in the first place over at the soldier forum.

Keep in mind that this is a weapon that isn't even in the game yet. It also has all 3 specials and a 3 second equip delay, so weapon switching would not be required or practical.

Any omni would simply need to use a temp shining FA right arm to equip a QL200 version of this gun, without gimping themself in any way. Most clan soldiers would have to do the same, even if they have the sleeves on. Only when they are halfway into TL6 would a clan soldier be able to equip this with only bright and faded FA implants installed.

I'm also sure that finding a QL190 version of any gun would be a lot easier than obtaining a pair of Kaehler sleeves.

The real problem here is the lack of a FA buff (and fling buff for that matter) in the same line as RC. Arguing over the side requirement on the sleeves is just a pointless discussion. About as pointless as if I were to start an argument over why the droid control device is fixer only, why the blackshirt of zud is MP only, why the vest of prof. jones is nanomage only, or even why the beam is Atrox only.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast