Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: People who go clan for ar fa sleeves

The Omni advantages disappear in the long-term though. More money/cheaper items from vendors? Becomes less of an issue. Omni-Elite? The best non-DeCranium armour is Flowers.

Elite is Omni only mainly for RP reasons. Maybe if Sentinel armour was in-game the same would apply.

And Biomech only gives more in the boots, at Q200.
    Dest

lol...

great Pomy, lets do that. I doubt many clanners will agree with you. Do you know why? Because you dont think before you make your statements.

and...

As Des said Oberson, you bring up alot of items that arent that good. Sleeves are good, and they make a difference. They need to remove faction check or add something similar thats omni only. Not some pos item thats useless.
    Last edited by Mantravadi; May 31st, 2002 at 20:39:08.
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.

Sure... there can be Omni only equipment, along with the Omni med clothes being made Omni only... when the Clans get their guild advantages. So... I think it's safe to say that it will probably be after the expansion pack.

Wtf is this doing in the PvP forum anyway?
    /rant
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Because the responses in the PvP forum are the most fun, because of the people they attract

*Realises she is now one of these people*

No wait... I'm an ironic observer! I swear!
    Dest

Lets all shoot up on Crystal Meth and make up.
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

Seems by the logic of the omni posters, that their equipment, price, stats advantage (on certain items) are not an advantage to them anymore so therefore clan shouldn't have other advantages.

Please remember that a good 150 lvls are played being Omni with these various advantages, so how is it unreasonable that for the last 50 levels clan get an advantage?

My god, talk about wanting your cake and eating it.

Omni's whiners.. sheesh!
    Xiderpunk - 173 Martial Artist
    Xidder - 147 Crat

Apocalypse

What advantages are you talking about Xiderpunk?
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Omni Elite/Assault (good armour for many many many levels), the fact that you buy for less in shops and sell for more, items that feature reduced stats for clan (Crat Suits). Not too mention greater number of shops in your cities and the best hunting grounds.

I remember not long after this game came out, alot of people left clan side to become omni, because of these advantages. People made no secret of that.

FC always promised that Clan would get advantages of their own at some point, and this has hardly been addressed since release!

Now you omni's enjoyed these advantages for all that time without clanners whining about it, yet Clan get 1 yes 1 item that only high level players can use, and you whine. Come on...
    Xiderpunk - 173 Martial Artist
    Xidder - 147 Crat

Apocalypse

Omni elite armor: sure its good, Flower armor is better, so I dont see why anyone would care about that.

Clanners can sell in omni-shops. Or well, at least one. I see them in there all the time.

The crat suits are different. The clan one has some stats that are lower and some that are higher than omni. There is one for both sides, unlike the sleeves.

I dunno about the hunting grounds since I never played a clan char but it has always seemed to me that clanners level faster.

I really dont see any of those advantages.

Originally posted by Julia Pomka
    Becasue why not make elite/omni pol armor for everyone? Why do we need all this sides at all? Why bother, make everyone neutral and all stuff neutral no advantage no disadvantage.

You can take my Crappy Elite/Omni-pol armor!!!

I want to repeat myself? Why we ned all this side bull ****? If you guys want to make everething awaylable for everyone. Why dont you guys roleplay a bit?

Cant wait till SWG released so all you whiners will go and play there so we people who like AO the way it is now can have fun.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

yes, all you 20 clanners still playing the game. Will really be Missions Online then since you wont have anyone to fight.

Originally posted by Julia Pomka

Sure biomech gives more Treatmtnt anyway.
    LOL

I think you need to find your calculater again.

It is retarded that you give clan AR/RE-users a clear advantage to omni AR/RE-users. Hell when people do the hazzle to switch side to put on sleeves and switch back something is clearly wrong.

Xider, get yourself a trader-buddy and let them sell your stuff their tradershops.

Omni Pol and Omni Pol Elite an advantage.... hehehahhahhahahaahohoahihiahahahhhehehahahahah good one.
    Last edited by LoneWolf; Jun 1st, 2002 at 04:50:38.
    ~Lone

....this is........ funny sh!t...

Until FC get's off their duffs and make the factions different (ie superior Omni equipment and Clan guild advantages) everything should be equal to everyone.

The sleeves ARE the only worthwhile soldier only item so every soldier should be able to get a crack at them.

I'm clan btw.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Couldn't agree more.
    ~Lone

Clans are supposedly better skilled.

AR Sleeves = More skill, for clan soldiers.
    Btw - Petition about people swapping sides to wear other sided armor (Paris, Steffani, many more) and Genevra will come to them to get them to remove it.

Give OT an advantage of some type also - It doesnt have to be AR. Maybe a +20 Matter Creation OT only hat? etc etc.

It is probably as retarded as giving OT shop users, OT armor users and OT spawn users an advantage, but that is just the way it is. Deal with it..

Want to swap? Our Elite Armour/Shop Prices (an advantage that disappears) for your sleeves (an advantage that doesn't).

And throwing up RP as an excuse is ridiculous... you could just make the Kelly sleeves equally good if you're worried about that.
    Dest

My point is just that over the last year there have been numerous advantages to being omni over clan, and we all accepted that. But the second something even remotely useful with a clan requirement comes into the game you jump over it like a bunch of spoiled kids. Grow up..

You keep acting like this sleeve has some huge imbalancing qualities. Let me list the effects:

+48 attack rating with 66/33 assault rifles
    +72 FA
    +900 to the 3 "physics" armor classes

This means I hit just a tiny little bit harder, and I can use a QL200 IEC instead of a QL190-195 IEC.

And then the penalties:
    -Loss of 280 hp (assuming Mk II sleeves would be used in it's place)
    -Loss of 14 NCU
    -Loss of 3-400 to all acs except for the physics types.
    -Loss of the ability to use omni med sleeves for equipping implants, leaving you with -28 treatment worth of QL on the head/eye/rhand, depending on where you use a temp implant.

Sure, I find the bonus of wearing them worth the penalties. But I'm sure I could have put the things I'm missing out on to good use as well.

Question hmm

Sleeves should be made for omni / clan stupid that no matter what clan AR user will have better EQUIPMENT than the omni AR user therefore always able to beat him stats wise. Sorry omni pol armor is a joke I always used flower tech before mk 2 armor came out. As for shopping advantage it is possible i'm not sure if is still possible for clan to sell to certain terminal shop in omni shops.
    Last edited by Blanch; Jun 1st, 2002 at 10:47:43.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast