Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Healing classes overpowered

Wink

MA sucks in pvp, we already do minimum dmg so 40% cap makes it even worse. As for healing, I can get off about 7 heals and 2 first aids during a fight which is about 3-4k HP worth of healing.. it helps but it doesn't save us.
    FC seriously needs to put PvP back to full damage, I think soldiers,enforcers,agents,nt's should be the top PvP'ers because thats what thier class is based on. Why the hell should a Doctor be able to killed a train professional soldier in combat? He should'nt, plan and simple.

Theres no point in complaining really because it just makes FC change more things in the game instead of running it the way they want. I hope they grow some balls and run the game they want.

Oh and MonsterJugz post on the 2nd page is 100% right.
    Last edited by Bloodseed; Dec 31st, 2001 at 12:38:40.

Originally posted by Garzu
    Just had a fight against a lvl 107 MP, im lvl 140 NT. I had to run, cause the pet healed almost as fast as i gave dmg, and i ran out of nano. I recharged, ran back rooted attack pet, use Crown of Frost on MP, nuked the healing pet which was grey to me. Killed the pet, started nuking MP, on the last nuke i could execute, i was running empty i had a lucky shot, it killed the MP. If it hadnt been a lucky shot, i would have to run. This is very unbalanced, a grey MP pet healing almost as fast as i can do dmg, FunCom needs definatly to half healing.
    Good points Garzu. I figure they could make it as easy as, since they cut PvP damage down to 40%, they should also reduce healing in PvP to 40% as effective. It's way out of propotion now. I figure this was another thing they didn't think about when they introduced the PvP nerf.

Can't hardly imagine any class beat a doc with a QL200 shotgun in PvP at the moment.

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

Originally posted by Bloodseed
    MA sucks in pvp, we already do minimum dmg so 40% cap makes it even worse. As for healing, I can get off about 7 heals and 2 first aids during a fight which is about 3-4k HP worth of healing.. it helps but it doesn't save us.
    FC seriously needs to put PvP back to full damage, I think soldiers,enforcers,agents,nt's should be the top PvP'ers because thats what thier class is based on. Why the hell should a Doctor be able to killed a train professional soldier in combat? He should'nt, plan and simple.

Theres no point in complaining really because it just makes FC change more things in the game instead of running it the way they want. I hope they grow some balls and run the game they want.

Oh and MonsterJugz post on the 2nd page is 100% right.
    Another post I couldn't agree more with. If you chose a character called Doctor, Adventurer or whatever stuff like that, you chose not to be a first class fighter. For some reason Funcom figured this was "unfair", and had to nerf it. Let there be some differences. Make NTs the most damage dealing, and fastest too, class, make Soldiers the best overall fighters, make enforcers be the best defensive, and let the frigging docs stick to healing and doing doc-related stuff.

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

< Another post I couldn't agree more with. If you chose a character called Doctor, Adventurer or whatever stuff like that, you chose not to be a first class fighter. For some reason Funcom figured this was "unfair", and had to nerf it. Let there be some differences. Make NTs the most damage dealing, and fastest too, class, make Soldiers the best overall fighters, make enforcers be the best defensive, and let the frigging docs stick to healing and doing doc-related stuff. >

Another stupid whiner that JUST want to be that uber profession, where is it stated that these professions mentioned in ur post is not suposed to be great fighters?

All ppl do is screeming about nerfs, and i can only tell u to go to ....
    I hate ppl screeming for nerfs, doc, ma, adv are not great unless they are verry well built, as should it be to those other professions. And thats why some ppl ask for nerf when they loose to that great built adv kicking theyr average azz in PvP.

with ur statement that doc's should stick to healing.... how many doc's u think would be out there helping u lvl if we knew we was gona heal "only" for 200 lvl's. And even in rl doc's can be uber with a rifle or a pistol...it's about training those skill my man....so why don't u go traain some ranged skills....like doc's has to do now when our dot's is so week after 13.0.

frodur you are so right!
    it takes a lot of work to build a doctor character that pvps well.

how many doc's u think would be out there helping u lvl if we knew we was gona heal "only" for 200 lvl's.
    so true.

I didnt read all but.

Healing clases overpowered lol.

Unmake Bio Metaphor and MA dead same with adventurer and ANYONE esle who heals.

I love killing enforsers now they are so dumb and powerless against my pets. I killed one five times in a row. His suport beam was making 300 damage heh lol. One first and last hit he made on me. After that it turns into him fighting my attakcing pet who constantly get healed by healing pet and me siting near buy and watching it. Well now i nuke also kinda fun.

thank you!
    make heals 40% make mps even more overpowered.
    its called strategies. as it is now an nt or mp cripples healing classes. especially me, a doctor.

Originally posted by Esmee
    thank you!
    make heals 40% make mps even more overpowered.
    its called strategies. as it is now an nt or mp cripples healing classes. especially me, a doctor.

? NT cripples Doc? That is totally BS, unless you have some sucky heals 100 lvls below your level, which you dont have. An MP heal pet 40 lvls lower than me (i am 154 NT) can heal faster than i can do dmg in PvP atm. Docs heal much faster than a pet, so you can easily out heal NT. And your nano pool will last longer than ours. Docs were pretty good at PvP before dmg nerf in PvP, Drzand got his title before patch, and before he got weapon. Healing IS overpowered, and needs to be capped JUST like damage, i see NO good reason why healing should be 100% while dmg 50%, and it should be a max 40% heal of total life cap too, just like dmg.

And i dont understand why MP would be even more overpowered if heal is capped, at least they will not be more overpowered compared to NT.
    Last edited by Garzu; Jan 1st, 2002 at 13:00:53.
    NT phone HOME!!

Yo Garzu! Try debuffing a doc. You can you know.
    MP? Nano shutdown. Try and heal now!

Yeah i know i can debuff a doc, -115 to all nano skills. But as long as heal is 100% and dmg is 50%, they still can heal faster than i can do dmg. And Docs can debuff too, with their slow nanos, that is ok, i can deal with that, but the 100% heal is not fair.
    NT phone HOME!!

Ohh....and nt's shielt is to powerfull too....! pls nerf it!!!!!
    They should not be able to recast it for atleast 10 min after first cast... :-)

Darn...stop crying about nerfs all the time, adress what u feel is the problem in another way...what do nt's need to be "uber" again....

Why are nt's the clas that i all the time see crying for other professions to be nerfed?

Heck i see lots of nt's that have gained high titles after the dmg "nerf", and now u are crying about nerf on those professions u can't beat easy?

A doc using dot's and nuke only in PvP now is not god in PvP, we was a lot better before 13.0. Where we actualy had the range too and did nice dmg over time in pvp, and our slow dmg was a way to compensate for our heals. Now if i cast my 2 best dot's i only have nano left for 4-5 heals, so with my best dot's i can only kill like 1 person if i'm lucky, i can't recast them......

Nt's can STILL kill lots of persons at the same time, and i'll say it again why should nt's ba able to easy kill every profession out there?

After 13.0 to compete in PvP for a doc we have to go for some kind of wpn or wpn skill to be able to bring down some1.

To be honest I like it more the way it is now. I don't want them to keep changing the rules constantly to fit player's whims. Leave it alone and let players adapt to the current rules. They are playable and though healing classes are better now than they were before, other classes aren't unplayable.

Enforcers and traders still do well in pvp and they have no real healing abilities, as do very high level soldiers, 150+.

NTs do fine too at those higher levels, Besh got her apprentice and novice since the patch and she is a 150+ NT. I have also seen a 65 NT take down a 75 enforcer so I can say NTs aren't total whimps at PVP.

I say just leave it all alone for a bit so we can get used to one set of rules for more than 1 month.

NT shield to powerful? Are you serious? Nullity needs a boost actually, to short duration, and to long recharge.

Crying for nerfs... I dont cry for nerfs, honestly i think we all should play under the same rules, when they cap in PvP, i think everything should be capped, not only one thing, it causes unbalance. NTs need range... we will not get it, we need more dmg, we get outdmg by weapon profs, with beams, shotguns, Gamma-Beamers etc.

I cant remember I have cried for nerf of any other prof ever, i maybe have said MP is overpowered atm, but nothing else.

Yeah, i got apprentice after dmg cap, but thats not because NT is a good prof, its mainly cause most ppl are 30-40 lvls below me, and many ppl sucks in PvP, they dont know what they are doing. "now u are crying about nerf on those professions u can't beat easy". What prof can i beat easy? None, and i dont think it should be easy to kill any profession. A good doc that know what he is doing in PvP is close to impossible to kill one on one, i dont think that is how it should be.

A doc that uses dots and nukes is not god in pvp, but a doc that uses dots, nukes, heals and a weapon is a god in pvp. And becuase dmg is 50% and nano cost is 100% its imposssible for NT to kill more than one too.

"Can still kill lots of ppl at the same time". In theory we still can do it, but under the new 50% dmg rules it does not happen, if it happens, those ppl have to be afk or something. And i say it one more time, who said NT should kill all profs easily? I never did, but i think it shouldnt be impossible to kill certain professions, which it is if I fight a good PvP doc. Only Fixer with Mausser i can kill easily, but if they got a better weapon, it can be alot harder.
    NT phone HOME!!

In the end what is stoping you from using a gun? You can use nukes, roots, AEs and a gun if you want. Docs are a great PVP class, esp at higher levels. I can't think of any reason, given the current rules, why they shouldn't be. Even before the 50% damage caps docs 150+ rocked PVP. their stacked dots did 4.5k damage in a few min, add a gun, a nice run buff, a deflection sheild a crit buff and low and behold, the ultimate killing machine.

Anyway good luck amigo, I hope you can pull some love for your class, every class needs it.

Nothing is stopping me from using a gun, next lvl (156) i will equip my uber ql 200 Heavy Gamma-Beamer . I see no reason why a doc shouldnt be good at PvP either, and docs did rock before 50% dmg nerf, thats exactly why i think the same rules should be for healing, i see no reason why healing should be 100% and dmg 50%.

Crit buff is bugged btw, it makes you crit alot more often than you are supposed to. Deflection shield, yeah they are nice, but im trying to raise nano skills and evades and weapon skills, there is not enough ip for parry atm. And for the ultimate killing machine, well one of my biggest problems got nothing to do with NT as prof, but nano breed which gets so little hp, that makes nano breed NTs very easy to kill, mainly because we are doomed to stay within range of ranged weapons.
    NT phone HOME!!

Ya most hardcore PVP docs tend to be nano breed too, since it gives you access to hostile nanos a lot sooner. I was talking about a soldiers deflect not the item but the nano. Even tho its broken, it reflects a small ammount of damage and it helps in pvp. 24ac+ reflect sheilds are worth getting of a soldier before you hit the hot zones.

My most useful set of buffs to get from others that are good for any profession in PVP:

Health buff from doc
    essence from enforcer
    Crit from MA
    Speed from fixer (prob the most important one)
    deflect from soldier

Good move on the gamma beamer. It's a nice gun, some would say the Vektor is better but it's kind of a toss up.

I think healers ARE too powerfull now in PVP.

I think CRITS are too powerful in pvp ;p

what would be so wrong with halving heals as well?

Sure, as long as they halved the mana cost as well. If they didn't halve the mana cost healers would be at a distinct disadvantage. Of course, then they'd have to introduce new code, because to just halve healing nano's without halving all rest would be a pain for FC. DO you really want them playing with all that?

What NEEDS be done, is restore all damage to normal, leaving in the 40% caps on specials. That way people would be guaranteed to live for at minimum 2 specials and change. The big problem was instadeath. Now the big problem is AC totally FUBAR'ing up combat for anyone but the big slow hitters. I mean c'mon you got agents at level 26 with 1300 AC and 1500 HP using guns that crit for 450 (and that's after being halved). If you don't kill them in short time, you will NOT live long. What weapon is going to penetrate for more than min damage? It has to do more than 260 damage in that case to break minimum. Of course it would probably help if the game didn't halve damage before AC.

This has all been posted again and again and again. If they did what I just suggested everyone would be appeased, both healers and non healers. Some wouldn't be "happy" but then you can never make everyone happy, because someone has to lose every duel. There are lots of people who think they're entitled to win every fight no matter what because they spent 6 million on their level 30 character. These are the same folks that define "cheater" as whether or not they won. If they lose, you MUST be an exploiter because god-dam-it they spent a fortune on that character and only a cheater could possibly beat them. Can you tell I've been hanging out at the gladiator-twink-arena in Tir? *heh*
    Last edited by Ming; Jan 2nd, 2002 at 20:45:22.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast