Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Healing classes overpowered

Re: An agent's response

Originally posted by Monstajugz
    If doctors and advs can take soldiers on, what's the point of having a soldier? I'd much rather just go adv w/ nova flow.
    I've asked myself that 100's of times.

AHAHA

Because you like being a soldier?
    There is only one word for people who honestly think and expect one class will be more powerful than the rest.

Stupid.

Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    AHAHA

Because you like being a soldier?
    There is only one word for people who honestly think and expect one class will be more powerful than the rest.

Stupid.

first that in game tell now this.

geez whats up ur ass today
    Last edited by Zerosignal; Dec 12th, 2001 at 14:44:48.

Exclamation Don't be stupid

This is for MikeBoND, Ming and everyone one else that thinks it's ok to flame everyone for posting legitimate threads.

Instead of saying things like:

"There is only one word for people who honestly think and expect one class will be more powerful than the rest.

Stupid." <~~~~ MikeBoND

why don't you say Unrealistic? Or something.. why do you have to resort to immaturity... I can't stay be professional, because after all it is a game. But show a little common couteousy, you wouldn't like it if I hunted down all your threads and flamed you out of spite. Try to turn the sitation around and see the post from the writers point of view.

Ming,

Totally agreed with you about enforcers "owning" my arse no matter what... I guess it should be that way. I don't think all classes should be equal. Balance to some point, but not ridiculousy so:

Soldiers are a pure damage class... nothing else, just pure damage. No buffs, No Heals, extremely high nano costs (if you go tank armor/battle suit). There for the soldier's damage should be unparalled to other class damage.

Enforcers, Agents and Traders IMHO will always rule PvP with thier ability to buff into crazy high weopons (Hammers/Beams, Gripos/Stigmas, Vecktors respectively)

But to put a doctor, who's purpose is to heal teams, toe to toe with a soldier, who's purpose is to kill/damage, and the soldier die every time with the doctor left with 100% or near full health is, well.... absurd !!!

Yesterday I saw a lvl 23 doctor with a Katana (name withheld), she asked me to join her team so she would be able to fight this lvl 39 Enforcer in Tir Arena. Do you know she almost never went below 50% HP and when the lvl 39 enforcer hit the ground she had 90%+ HP left.... LMAO. At lvls 100+ a difference of 16 may not be that big of a difference, but at lvl 23-39 ??????????? Give me a flippn' break !!!!

I'm not screaming for nerfs... just fixes..... and Zerosignal is right on about this !!!

Damage was halfed, with 40% max hard caps on specials and Healing was kept the same?

How can you negitively affect one profession so much and then have the balls to call it balance???

Besides, the Alpha strike and nearly all Soldier weopons deal Energy damage which is one of the highest protected damage types on nearly all armors... how ridiuclous is it for my Full Auto from a Flashpoint that is twice QL than my level do 20 HP of damage???

Personally all i want is for pvp to be FUN, get that FUN, as it was before patch 13 it wasn't FUN as it is now it is still not FUN, fix it so it is balanced for everyone, not just the few.

Yep yep yep

Fix it for all, and for christ sakes lets get one combat system for the game not the PVP system and the PVM system. You know you could always half moster's HP and make 2 times as many of them to keep it challenging.

Personally all i want is for pvp to be FUN, get that FUN, as it was before patch... {SNIP}.... fix it so it is balanced for everyone, not just the few.

I've said these same words back when I was getting killed in 1 shot or from alpha. Was that fun? NO.

We all want the game to be fun. Agreed?

Is PvP fun? Yes, agreed?

Is PvP in AO fun? Not really at the moment, not even really existent on Rk2.

Are healers overpowered? What would make you happy? I'll just bet you won't be happy until you can beat a healing class guaranteed. If you lose, they're too powerful, right? That's the gauge, whether YOU lose or not.

If you can't beat a doc, you're not thinking. Anyone, and I mean anyone, can run their fingers along their button keys, as in alpha strike. That doesn't work anymore. Get over it.

How you ask? How can you overcome all that heal power with your piddly damage? Simple..you can't. You need to adapt. Docs need to be taken out HARD, or they just heal. If you can get a weapon that crits very hard, and has decent consistent average damage, you can beat a doc. Enforcers do it with a hammer the size of a car. It simply kills things. Soldiers "did" it with alpha. Now soldiers are going to have to find a new weapon. I don't play a soldier, but i know there are weapons that do lots of damage consistently. There have to be.

MA's only have limited nanopool and our fists hit for minimum if you have AC. We have dimach every 30 min, which does less than FA, so boo hoo. 30 min. Think about that, soldiers.

I agree soldiers are underpowered in PvP. Honestly, I think a soldier should be able to arm all guns with skill. This shold be their strength. A soldier should be able to put on whatever "gun" fits the situation, except for sniper rifles. They could do this by simply giving them a self-only only uber buff for shotgun to go with the pistol one (snicker..yeah as if you'd use a pistol, but welcome to FC) Heck maybe you can do this now? I don't know what your IP req's are like as soldiers.

As an MA I have to make very hard choices. It's NOT like we hit alpha strike, nor ever did. Soldiers never had to think. Some DID think and use strategy I'm sure, but don't stand here and tell me that a soldier can't now kill an adventurer or doc with his IP's spent well. If you are saying that..I'd like to hear more input on this from more than a couple non-healers. We used to get owned in 1 second. Even soldiers and a couple agents were complaining that PvP wasn't fun. The PK classes are no longer insta-kill equipped. This is GREAT. Now you say you can't kill at all? COME ON, REALLY? Seriously...I want to get some input from more.

I still think you're just upset that you can't jib people in PVP.

LOL

Soldier's need more help than you can imagine. They are the weakest of the combat classes. They have no staying power in PVM compared to other classes.

I re-rolled a MA and god i LOVE it. The MA class has far less bugs, much more staying power than a soldier, and game play in PVM is 4 times faster. No 2 min breaks to get MK back or 2 min for healing up with treatment kits. My MA rocks in PVP. In PVM she is amazing, she can run into a room of 3 red-orange mobs and kill them all.

Honestly, if you can't beat em join em. If you have a soldier, think about shelving him till some SERIOUS fixes are made with the class. If you want to make a good PVP class let me make the following reccomendations:

Trader - the anti-meta
    Meta - the bane of all classes without roots
    Doctor - heal heal heal, get a trader to buff you into a nice vecktor or go MA.
    Enforcer - get twinked into massive str sta armor, and a nice beam
    MA - heals and damage, ql120 BOP at level 25. BWT at 40.

Only a sucker brings a gun to a fist fight in the FUTAR.

Exclamation I give up

Yep, I'm finished bit*hin' I'm shelving my soldier until Funcom fixes them.... hopefully soon.

But until then, I'm going to start a doc with vektor.... going shopping tonight for intitial equipment.

When there is not one Soldier left on Rubi-Ka, Funcom will know they screwed up a good class.

Also, I'd just like to say that SWG is looking awfully good... another six months or so I think and if AO hasn't shaped up by then I think they will be letting the rest of the company go.

I like AO, and I hope they make the neccissary changes.

By the way, MA's lose that at around level 70. Trust me, they lose their edge and it doesn't come back. I've played at least 5 different MA's including one on test. It's a great class in the first 70 or so levels, and then you become relatively weak. Not pathetic by any means, but certainly far from the uber badass we were early on. Enforcers are way more powerful by nature of the way AC works with big slow weapons. Still, it's my favorite class.

Ya I'm sure ma's hit the same curve everyone does, but I bet it's not as bad as how soldiers feel it. In our clan we have 6 ma's over 140 and about 3 over 150. I am one of 2 soldiers, level 113 the other is around 125. I'm sure at level 100 it will be very tough to even do 50% missions, but what the hey, I'm having a blast now. Nothing like jumping into a room and killing a green in one brawl crit at level 37.

This topic is whined, complained, and brought up repeditly! Im tired of it!

Since when should docs be heal only. We are doctors! Masters of knowledge of the body! Higher levels as our character develops we learn better ways of using posions and different strains of the virus. Oh but no, DOTs suck at lower levels, second they become usefull at lv150 when technicly we can produce our own Toxins we here what? Whining.

Why is it everyone forgets that every player can grab enormus benfits from other players from their buffs? "Gee, that adv beat me, and he never healed once!" Maybe, thats right! Just maybe! He was running several HP buffs, essense, temperory massive hp buff form doc, and a larger longer lasting HP buff.

I see it every day from other professions, hey doc, can I get a hp buff? Sure I say. Than I see them run off to the arena. Oh well.

And why shouldnt adv be able to kill soldiers? Not *every* soldier in the army is a good shot. (From someones post 'REALISM') Realism is anyone can kill anyone! Im tired of it. Really.

For all that think other professions shouldnt be able to stand up to your might soldier self. Ahh, its no use. Thick skulls.

I'm very happy with my new MA =]]]

I'm only 45 but i just killed a 58 agent and a 54 doc without a sweat and only self buffs. LOL my soldier could never do that. 800 brawls (400 in pvp) and every hit is a crit with my attack rating, BwT and a nice 1k dimach. Jezz those brawls alone do the job. I took down 3 meta twinks all in my same level range (mid 40's).

I say ALL the POWER to docs, metas and advents. Joo will need it!

Nano Technicians master nukers (master of damage) - damaged halved.

Doctors master healers - heal not halved.
    This is a small example, but does this seem fair? I don't consider it fair. If you are going to halve damage you need to halve healing hands down.

What I find extremely suprising is that the Gaute acknowledge this unbalance. He said that by halving dmg in pvp it would give healing classes an edge. He acknowledged it, but didn't do anything about it.

well

I DO see what you all mean!
    Heals are very powerfull and i could live with heals doing 80%.
    I have pvp a Doc and the fight lasted forever, he was 15 lvls higher then me so naturally he won the fight when i ran out of nano.
    The thing is the Doc was powerfull with a good shottie but still i managed to get him down to very little hp using only fists and a ql 125 btw. If i had been at his lvl i would have propably won the fight so docs are not invincible just hard to kill.

Vandame

Re: I'm very happy with my new MA =]]]

Originally posted by ULTRA1
    I'm only 45 but i just killed a 58 agent and a 54 doc without a sweat and only self buffs. LOL my soldier could never do that. 800 brawls (400 in pvp) and every hit is a crit with my attack rating, BwT and a nice 1k dimach. Jezz those brawls alone do the job. I took down 3 meta twinks all in my same level range (mid 40's).

I say ALL the POWER to docs, metas and advents. Joo will need it!
    Dont level dude. Somewhere between 80 and 100 you will find yourself gimped.

You are at that perfect MA level.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

hehe ya im done leveling at 50. I got my ql90 implants in at 44 but had to keep wearing ql 55ish armor because I needed a full med suit to meet the treatment reqs of the plants. I rounded up a suit of ql90 decus with my other character, I can raise treatment enough by 50 to put the plants in without a med suit, and only 2 treamtment implants. So now i can use the ql80 stat/comp lit implants to equip that 5 slot and ql90 armor. could have done it at 47 but have 130 odd tokens so i figured 3 more levels, get ma mastery and a 450 point heal, and a +320hp/NP token board its worth making yourself attackable to 3 more levels.

hehe yesterday I got a 60 trader. It was some work, I had him down to 30% he rooted me for about the 10th time, and started to run and a soldier buddy of mine finished the job so he couldn't get away.

The funny thing is, with that heal and only a 1250 ac i can already take just about anyone in my level range, traders being the only class that really takes a lot of work. Damn those debuffs are evil, and the roots drive you nutz.

Today i should hit 50, have to round up a few items climb into my perma armor and no more leveling till novice.

nice

I just wanted to say to Ultra1 that as a soldier you always had informative posts... I hope they fix the class one day.

And also... that is one hell of a reroll ..... WOW !!!!

I rerolled a doc, but not for PvP. I wanted to be a more active team member.

So I'm playing the Doc until Soldier is fixed.

I hope that more soldiers follow your example and reroll, putting their soldiers on the backburner until funcom fixes this stuff.

take care

i think they realised this when they implemented the patch but they just did a quick implementation cos programming half healing for pvp would be more complicated.... least i think so.

Heals are used on PCs in pvp and pve so it is harder to differentiate what situation the heal is being used in so to avoid there being bugs.. ie suddenly docs only half healing in pve they just implemented a quick pvp fix till they can do a better one.

Reason i feel this way is they even acknowledged that they did not think its fair that NTs do half their damage but use the same amount of nano but they still implemented this.

Hey thx for the props Eiroshima. I really can't stand my soldier ATM. He's really well developed too, just such a drag to play.

Good luck with your doctor. Nanobreed is a good way to go with a doc, more so if you don't really want to pvp alot. Doc's are a killer pvp class, I know at least 2 novice docs. I've seen some interesting lower level atrox docs. At higher levels they have req problems, but at low levels they can be very effective. Hehe once saw an atrox ma doc, that was a sight. A nanobreed wrangled into a nice vektor makes for a good lower level PVP doc template. All the novice docs i know are nanobreed. At high levels combos of 350 dots (175 @ 50% off) and a good back-up combat techinque can really be devistating.

Also as a final tip, if you NEVER thought runspeed was important, it is very important in PVP.

I think if i ever level my MA way up, to 150 or so, I'll add a sniper rifle to her combat. Already some people run for the water as soon as I hit them with my first attack. cowards =[

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast