Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Healing classes overpowered

Healing classes overpowered

As of patch 13 healing classes are Overpowered, today i was fighting a 135 Adv(i am a 141 soldier), even after my "alpha strike" he did not drop below 50% once! i simply could not out damage his heals.

I landed two crits(1200 dmg each) in a row and he still simply healed it up, this is wrong i have a 6 level advantage over this guy i am very well equiped all Ql200 armor and Ql198 nova, MK5 yet this guy was still able to beat me to a pulp while maintaining next to full health through the whole battle.

You cannot simply make one change and hope it fixes things funcom, thats what you have seem to have done, the last two patches havn't done anything to fix this.

and to all the flamers who go well now ya know what its like to fight a pre-patch soldier, well so what? don't i have the same right for "equality" that you all wanted? or is it ok now that you are on the other end of the stick?

Oh btw i am firm believe that pre 13.0 pvp was screwed, but this 50% damage patch has only moved the power from Agents,NTs,Soldiers to Advents,MAs,Docs,Enforcers.

you didn't fix anything only shifted the balance of power, that is not a fix.

This is my one and only complaint with the last 3 patches, please reslove this ASAP

also would like to add taking 50% away of the only thing a class has its damage, totally ruined it for pvp.

This effects:
    Soldiers
    Agents
    and NTs to some extent.

We don't get many nifty things, all we have is pure damage, no heals, no pets, soldiers don't even get the roots.

The MK sheild is usless, because someone can just heal and heal and stay at full health till MK drops.

Umm well ... yeah, except it takes a healer a while to kill you. You CAN run away? Unlike the past where you would win hands down without giving anyone a chance to even notice what's going on. Sorry that you miss your 2 key kills but I don't.

Now instead of complaning, make a team for PvP (with a healer) and write posts asking Funcom to give title points for team kills.

Since when can enforcers heal?

Anyone can heal

Any class can use the generic healing nannos. (not they do much on higher levels but they are there.) And any class can invest in first aid.

I'm not to hot at PVP but I do use first aid and on rare occasions my healing nanno when fighting.

Anytime funcom makes anything stronger or weaker there will be shifts in PVP dominance, and there will always be a few at the top of the heap. Soldiers are taking their turn at being in the middle.

I read this post and see I lost to an adventurer!! Something is horribly wrong!! Don't they derserve to win sometimes?

I'm an engineer and nearly everyone owns my ass in PVP, althoug my pet often gets revenge for me after my demise. But any class with root will decimate me unless I want to bring 30 bot shells into battle with me, and even that dosn't realy work so good. I still find it pretty fun anyways, its not like your realy lose anything but the cost of some health and nanno packs.

Re: Anyone can heal

Originally posted by Sigfried
    I read this post and see I lost to an adventurer!! Something is horribly wrong!! Don't they derserve to win sometimes?

No you wrong, i lost an adventuer 6 levels lower then me, with out even coming close to killing him.

Funcom, please TRY things out before doing a patch.

As i posted before it wouldnt be hard to try some pvp with every class in diferent lvls and equipment before doing a patch to fix balance.

Many pple left the game because they liked to pvp and couldnt beat anyone because they invested a lot of time in a char that couldnt win a fight before 13.0

Now, many of us who liked to pvp and built chars for it and had fun because we could win a fight, cant win anymore after 13.0 and gona leave the game.

Please, just TRY a patch to BALANCE pvp before issuing it. And do it fast before you lose more players.

AO's PvP has always been shiitty since day one. When has that ever changed?

6 levels difference once you in the >100 level range is meaningless.

It sounds like you built your soldier to do a big alpha strike instead of good constant damage. If you fight against a healer the battle is going to last a long time and constant damage will be a lot more effective.

Originally posted by Nutbar03

It sounds like you built your soldier to do a big alpha strike instead of good constant damage. If you fight against a healer the battle is going to last a long time and constant damage will be a lot more effective.

You go nut! hehe.

your a healer but I still wiped the floor with you

no offense man, hell you were VERY green to me.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

healing classes are far from invincible now, they do have a decent chance to win now occasionally however. Heck i play a friggin fixer and i can still take out healers, it just takes longer than it used too.

this seems like a *wah* my soldier is no longer invincible post frankly

How can they half damage and not healing??? How can they halve dmg without halving nano cost??? Its beyond idiocy.

Its IMPOSSIBLE to kill a doc for an NT as well as any even lvld Adv, or MA. We run out of nano, impossible.

Its also impossible to kill an atrox before i run out of nano.

Its impossible to kill all other profs and breeds taht is 20+ higher lvl than me, i run out of nano.

And yes, healing needs to be halved.
    Last edited by Garzu; Dec 5th, 2001 at 01:32:53.
    NT phone HOME!!

Originally posted by Nutbar03

Ok please be kind and explain this "good constant damage soldier" cause i am sure thats not any soldier using a ranged weapon, its really nice to land hits with my Ql198 nova flow for 20 damage(this does happen), yes i use the "alpha strike", but what else is there to use? i think you forgot that the only thing soldiers had was high damage.

as it is pvp vs healers, its just a battle of the critical hits, just got to sit there and pray i land 3 crits on them.

i think you are missing the point, not once did i come close to killing him, his health didn't drop below 50%, you guys just think its alright now that a soldier can not win battles anymore.

Oh my soldier was far from invincable, doctors could still kill me with DOTs, NTs would beat me with there range and roots, agents and aimed shot would still beat me. I don't care that i am not invincable i never was. I just want a chance, just a chance of beating a healer, as it is now they are next to invincable.
    I guess with all the soldier hate on these boards its ok that anyone can beat a pure damage class with braking a sweat.

Originally posted by Zerosignal

as it is pvp vs healers, its just a battle of the critical hits, just got to sit there and pray i land 3 crits on them.

i think you are missing the point, not once did i come close to killing him, his health didn't drop below 50%, you guys just think its alright now that a soldier can not win battles anymore.

No, its just called balance friend. Welcome...to balance.

Just had a fight against a lvl 107 MP, im lvl 140 NT. I had to run, cause the pet healed almost as fast as i gave dmg, and i ran out of nano. I recharged, ran back rooted attack pet, use Crown of Frost on MP, nuked the healing pet which was grey to me. Killed the pet, started nuking MP, on the last nuke i could execute, i was running empty i had a lucky shot, it killed the MP. If it hadnt been a lucky shot, i would have to run. This is very unbalanced, a grey MP pet healing almost as fast as i can do dmg, FunCom needs definatly to half healing.
    NT phone HOME!!

Hehe, wait till that MP can cast "Nano Shutdown".
    If u are looking for a balanced game in PvP, u better go play something else than AO. It will never be balance, and why should it? If everyone at lvl 150 could fight toe on toe and the outcome would be like 50/50 win or loose...is it what we are looking for?
    In that case fc has to take out all the debuffspells that make a cpl professions own every caster out there. It was never intended to be balanced, some professions was claimed to be able to kill others more easy.
    That is in my opinion the chalenge for weeker professions, to find a tactic that would end up with them as winners. But every1 know that the 1 shot AS & the fa/fling/burst kills was not god for Pvp, it made some professions "zone" killers. (zone in and out and hope for a lucky combo).

But actualy it hurt to be a caster after 13.0, and what hurts most is the rangenerf turning every caster into a closecombat tank.

Im aware of the Nano shut down, i can live with that, but this was more about how healing is overpowered. Which it is. Healing needs to be halved, and nano range upped to 60-80 m
    NT phone HOME!!

healing does not need to be halved!!!
    i can't even kill one freaking person ever!!!!! but i should be killed instantly by everyone that is such #@#$ing bs!!!!!
    what the @##$ ever. great before everyone could kill my poor weak doctor in three seconds now i can have a chance to run away or maybe heal myself up.
    everyone needs to shut the #$#% up and try playing a weaker damaging class that can't do anything but survive an attack now.

don't you people understand how it works??? if you can heal yourself you are guaranteed to be doing *less* damage...hmmm except for traders. so sick of whining pvp sucks it is never going to be balanced i think me just being able to live isn't too much to ask.

I think Sent has the right idea. team pvp is the best idea but noooooooooooooo one ever wants to do that because of stupid worthless titles. maybe when you get your precious novice title you would want to team with my non titled doctor so you don't lose it. you get absolutely no reward for being able to help people....i sacrifice matter creation for better heals and hp buffs and no one will even team with me for pvp. even when i am equipped with matter creation implants for better dots by the time i put 2 on someone they are dead anyway because pvp is such a pointless gank fest most of the time.

What funcom need to do is to TRY things out before doing a patch. I dont think the heals should be HALVED, or that the caps should be removed, but the thing is that the MAGIC NUMBERS are far from being found!!

I used to win almost every pvp fight as a soldier, now i lose to Almost everyone even 15 lower then me. The only ones that i can kill most of the times are pple with REALLY LOW hp and NO HEALING abilities like NTs for instance.

Healers are way too overpowered as are Enforcers.

Originally posted by gardner1

No, its just called balance friend. Welcome...to balance.
    I really like how you think that it was wrong for a soldier to win 90% of there battles but it is ok for healers to win 90% of there battles?

you people are so hypocritical.

On one hand you all say its wrong soldiers were too powerful in pvp.
    Then on the other a clearly obvious one you say that it is alright now that healers are too powerful in pvp.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast