Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: People who use River 6

Originally posted by OddLogic
    It shoots while you run.
    sols should be able to run and shoot damnit Rambo can !!

if people wouldn't run then we wouldn't need such weapons :P

I honestly can't see why it is easier for a big fatass atrox to run swing his support beam while running than a soldier with a gun.
    ~Lone

I think that the call of "Exploit!!!" might be getting a little over used. Just my thoughts, but i'm tired of being accused of exploiting just because something happened that the other person doesnt understand.

Take your whoopings like a man and dont go tattling to an ark cause: "If I got killed they must have been cheating." And no i personally dont like that soldiers can shoot and run, but i dont really like that they can burst, fling, full auto either so maybe im a little biased....

Noer:
    Well i can't say i have extensive RL experience doing this, but I imagine aiming a gun, shooting and hitting something while you run is quite a bit harder than swinging a pipe or whatever. Then again, you use support beams as an example so i might agree with you anyway

Dont know if the running and shooting thing is a feature with this gun. But since its not mentioned in the text describing the gun (afaik), and its the only gun with this "feature" (also afaik), i would assume its a bug. If it is , you *are* exploiting if you use it to run and shoot.

Funcom: maybe we could have an official statement regarding this ?

Is the old crit bug mentioned linked to something i noticed in solo missions ?

Some nanos casters mobs are doing crits every single weapon shot on me, even the lighter green ones. You easily run into troubles when they land their big nano DD in add of thoses crits.

Rofl!!!

Originally posted by Abid
    I think that the call of "Exploit!!!" might be getting a little over used. Just my thoughts, but i'm tired of being accused of exploiting just because something happened that the other person doesnt understand.

Take your whoopings like a man and dont go tattling to an ark cause: "If I got killed they must have been cheating." And no i personally dont like that soldiers can shoot and run, but i dont really like that they can burst, fling, full auto either so maybe im a little biased....
    Nice one Abid

I am sure many people dont like the traders ability to root, divest, drain, crit and heal.... hehe

Seriously though, 14.2 will hit the River Series 6 very hard so I doubt its going to be a problem for very long. FC has decided that soldiers are restricted to Novas, wether they like it or not. Unless we wish to become even more gimped that is.
    I dread to think what Soldiers and other "soldier wannabe classes" will be like in PvP after 14.2.

I have a feeling MA`s and Agents will be nasty, and NT`s will regain some of their lost glory of the past.

Traders will still retain the ability to gain 3-400 points in ATK rating, but the shotguns give pretty poor dmg when not critting, so which weapon will be the best choice for traders/docs?

Soldiers will probably stick with Nova/IEC`s .....since Funcom wants us to stay that way... and they are not giving us any way to up our atk rating to the point where we can actually do some damage with low crit chance.

I am unsure of what will happen after 14.2, but I am sure that 99% of Rubi Ka`s population will feel the effects drastically when they try to hunt that uber boss mob, or try to do a mission slightly over their own lvl.

Its irritating that a great game like AO has to be reduced to a patch factory to cater to the whiners that cant be bothered to make the most of their characters. My main was a gimp all the way until lvl 50-60 because I had to learn all the in`s and out`s of AO.
    Since FC isnt doing anything to reduce mob AC and HP it will probably take me another year to get to lvl 200...hehe

Enough already...that was my gripe of the day....have fun out there!
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Originally posted by Noer
    I honestly can't see why it is easier for a big fatass atrox to run swing his support beam while running than a soldier with a gun.
    We cannot run and hit. We have to actually stop to execute the fire once the attackbar reaches the top...
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Originally posted by Razers

sols should be able to run and shoot damnit Rambo can !!
    I agree 100%

Originally posted by Noer
    What about those who use light sticks such as...

<---------------me

So your saying I cant run after you in real life hitting you with a baseball bat
    Last edited by Cloudeh_; May 31st, 2002 at 21:03:18.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

He have scrolled up so he probably healed up (think he posted that in another thread)
    Yup, I scrolled up after the battle where I got healed.

Game is bugged so much.

Its ok if you an run and shoot but only when its awaylable for everyone. I think it would be great strategy for fixers... Ofocurce there should be penalty for doing so like less critical chance.

but well River series is buged wepon. giving some advantage to those who use them. Beside what other advantage do soldiers have?

I think we should make it just soldier/fixer only so they stop whining
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by Julia Pomka
    Its ok if you an run and shoot but only when its awaylable for everyone.
    Originally posted by Julia Pomka
    If you guys want to make everething awaylable for everyone. Why dont you guys roleplay a bit?
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.

Originally posted by Mantravadi

Lol thanks
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

lol Mantra. Quite contradicting statements.
    ~Lone

this abit of topic

noticed this in zerosignals little ending speech thing:

"We need Full Auto, Heavy weapons and SMG buffs"

soldiers need smg/mg buffs when the masters of smg/mgs fixers dont get 1? well not yet anyway

smg/mg buffs should be for fixers and AR/RE for soldiers. u cant have everything.

also one could argue that FA is associated with smg/mg's and we should maybe get the FA buff but give us both 1 and i be happy

fixers need something else that helps us in pvm and pvp apart than just speed and running away skills

Novice Hotpanties
    lvl 171 clan fixer rk1
    Member of Storm

Ok Cloudeh lets get togther

start 100 yards apart and you can run after me with a baseball bat and I'll run away shooting

You can wear Kevelar but I want want to wear my

Bear Suit!
    http://www.improb.com/news/2002/may/troy-new-suit.html

http://projecttroy.com/website/videos.htm

Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

ROFL, I saw that on TV
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

Originally posted by Hothead
    this abit of topic

soldiers need smg/mg buffs when the masters of smg/mgs fixers dont get 1? well not yet anyway

smg/mg buffs should be for fixers and AR/RE for soldiers. u cant have everything.

also one could argue that FA is associated with smg/mg's and we should maybe get the FA buff but give us both 1 and i be happy

fixers need something else that helps us in pvm and pvp apart than just speed and running away skills

Novice Hotpanties
    lvl 171 clan fixer rk1
    Member of Storm

Soldiers are the Master of Ranged Weapondry
    Fixers are the Master of the Grid

that is what funcom have said

Originally posted by Hothead
    this abit of topic

Novice Hotpanties
    lvl 171 clan fixer rk1
    Member of Storm

Soldiers are the masters of ranged combat after all... and nobody ever said fixers shouldn't get an smg buff. This is one of the reasons soldiers never get any luvin, we ask for something and other people chime in with "don't give soldiers that, give it to us instead".

I don't care if fixers get an smg buff... well actually I do care, playing my fixer twink I want a line of smg buffs, +25, +50, +75, +100 non stackable. However I also think soldiers should get these buffs as well, there are a whole slew of aRifle/smg guns out there that receive no usuage whatsoever because soldiers can only raise smg 4 per level, and have no buffs for it.

I don't know if the fixers are masters of SMG/MG's, but I do know that soldiers are "supposed" to be masters of all ranged weapons (but bows), soldiers should have buffs for all ranged weapons. I'll leave the campaigning for fixer buffs to the true fixers, please don't go out of your way to screw with the soldier campaigning.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast