Thread: Yalmaha question...

Yalmaha question...

I saw this screenshot of a ql 32 yalmaha. Does that mean i can take a mission and get a yalmaha as a revard?? (I'm currently lvl 35...) Has anyone tried "camping" the mission booths trying to get a mission that gave a yalmaha? How long does something like that take? Is it possible at all???

Please help...

Btw, here is the link to the screenshot.
    http://www.aorealms.com/Members/Talys/yalmaha1.jpg

No, Yalmahas do not show up as mission rewards, or item pickups for that matter.

Yet there is still the remote chance of finding one in a random chest. This has been known to happen, but is _completely random, never mind claimed master plans and the like.

However, it's quicker to run missions and gain those 5 mill honestly. Or, leech off a good friend. =)
    Pilker, OmniTek Fixer and Happy Traveller.

Root and Run - It's a way of life.

50% Rule

This may just be a coincidence but... I found 4 vechiles in 2 days with 3 diff chars. My lvl 64, found 2 Yalms, both QL32. My Lvl 42 found a Kodiak, QL21. My Lvl 32 Found a Kodiak, QL16. Notice how the QL was 50% of my lvl.

This may be a big coincidence, but what are the odds of it happening 4 times? If Yalms are QL30+, them I expect that u need to be lvl 60+ to get 1 in a chest.

I found 2 Yalmahas in missions. One level 37 and one 40. One was lost due to the weapon de-equiping bug (weapons checked before implants caused the weapon to de-equip at zone and forced yalmaha out of full inventory into the void).

Both Yalmahas were found in missions between levels 45 and 65 within 5 missions of each other. Never saw one as loot before or since. Both were found in building type missions, not caves. They were not the building types found in 20K (why are the mission buildings there different that anywhere else?).

I know these facts are probably unimportant, but I just like to give full information.
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

Talking

These facts arent irrelevant,

coz i wanna know if i can go mission with all you guys lol
    If ya can get away with it, try it.
    If ya cant get away with it, try it anyway }:-)

the rumor on RK is that yalms don't drop anymore...the only way to get one is to buy one. NOTE: i havent seen any offical statements to support this...but hey, haven't found or talked to anyone who have found one after 13.0

I'm a little hazy on the exact time, but I know a guild friend who got one from a mission chest in the last week (lucky thing! Good job my Meta Phys can fly now anyway hehe) ... Was about QL30ish - perhaps they're just even rarer now?

Climate

Talking Yalmaha

On 12/5/01 my 88th lvl opifex soldier found a QL70 yalmaha in chest in a mission that I got from Broken Shores to the Infestation Caves in the Mutant Doman next to Lush Fields. I wont post the mission details because I forget what they were and I think it was purely random chance anyway.

So they still drop and as soon as I get my Vehicle Air Skill to 250 (about 22k IP) Ill be flying along at run +239 or so.

I could of bought one awhile back it was a lot of fun knowing that there was a tiny chance that every chest might have something so handy in it.

Good luck in your hunt and keep at it

PS I found a carrier a couple days earlier also.

Yup, they are stilll in missions definetly. I found one ql 39 yalmaha at level 45. Needless to say I nearly crapped in my pants since this is my highest lvl char

I found a carrier craft QL 160 with a +300 STR bonus lol...too bad you need like 600 Ground vehicle to drive it

found a yalmaha in a mission no more than 2 days ago, and a guildmate found one 3 days ago. they do still drop, no doubt about it.

My friend just bought a yalmaha QL 30 2 hours ago. They spawn randomly in shops and only need 80 Vehicle Air to use. THey are the rarest type of Vehicle and you buy em for round 5 mill but can sell em for probly 10 if ur lucky

Originally posted by Crunkles
    buy em for round 5 mill but can sell em for probly 10 if ur lucky
    Lucky? You mean 'exploiter' - cars are nodrop

Climate.

I found a yal too level 47

last week and at the very same place on the top of the hill in Aegan i found also a real beatifull but totaly useless water vehicule. so now i have a Kodiak Yal and water vehicule.

I was level 55 doing 50% mission.

When i found the Yal, i was so happy (and drunk) that i put all my ip in the water vehicule skill instead of air one.. hehe! Thx i'm a fixer so both skill are green to me.

I'm lvl 41 and i found a QL35 yalm in a mission of about ql45. Best past was i just tossed on a set of implants and didn't have to spend a single IP to equip it
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Re: I found a yal too level 47

Originally posted by marinoni
    When i found the Yal, i was so happy (and drunk) that i put all my ip in the water vehicule skill instead of air one.. hehe! Thx i'm a fixer so both skill are green to me.
    Wow someone even more stupid than me! =]

After saving up IP for my first car i managed to spend it all on Map Navigation.. At least i r0x0r at map reading these days.

-neuro-
    Last edited by neurozic; Dec 17th, 2001 at 16:58:55.