Thread: Breaking the roots....

Unhappy Breaking the roots....

Why the hell dont want FC to fix that kinda bug that u can break any roots debuffing yourself. For a NT its a pretty good help (especially when u hunt alone outside) and in PvP we could easily own enf, MA, 'melee adv'.

I just dont understand why this isnt fixed yet cos it should not be like that. Please FC fix that damn bug, please...

Anyway i imagine they wont but maybe when we r many to complain, it will change (i hope so).

Thelsai 93 Clan NT rk1

Is this person related to blanch?

Talking hehe

No never met this person. They did sorta fix that. If you have you aggro locked on that person they shouldn't be able break root otherwise they will be able to.

Re: Breaking the roots....

Originally posted by Thelsai
    Why the hell dont want FC to fix that kinda bug that u can break any roots debuffing yourself. For a NT its a pretty good help (especially when u hunt alone outside) and in PvP we could easily own enf, MA, 'melee adv'.

I just dont understand why this isnt fixed yet cos it should not be like that. Please FC fix that damn bug, please...

Anyway i imagine they wont but maybe when we r many to complain, it will change (i hope so).

Thelsai 93 Clan NT rk1

You do realise us Enforcer are LEGALLY Allowed to use debuffs since funcom broke our Rage line of nanos which should break roots but dont so we use that.

Becuase I said so.

I took a lesson in it.

if roots couldnt be broken, then pvp would be retarted...

imagine, enforcers, soldiers, ma's.... rooted and pounded on from out of range. 0 chance of killing the person as you are ROOTED for 2 minutes and it cannot be broken.. just stand there and take the pain.

i'd never pvp again.

then again if u mean JUST the debuffs breakign root.. thats not a biggie.. but it's fine how it is. if someone is chain rooted me i cant do squat except cast 1h edge incompetence over and over..

and in missions. those 20 freaking minute slows? sheesh.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Talking Nice breeze.

Is this person related to blanch?
    LOL.
    - Scarlito -

magine, enforcers, soldiers, ma's.... rooted and pounded on from out of range. 0 chance of killing the person as you are ROOTED for 2 minutes and it cannot be broken.. just stand there and take the pain.
    Actually a Soldier's OMHH breaks roots pretty easy.. its about the only use for it after lvl 150
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

Man, don't tell em that. The more people that know about it, the more people will whine about it, and the more chance we'll get it nerfed out from under us.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

errrr

Why do rooting classes think they should be able to kill my little MA but with no risk. Please don't tell me it's because I have so much hp and do soo much dmg. If someone regardless of profession has a soldier shield or bracers and a soldier shield they can stand plenty punishment. And I don't have much more hp that the rooting classes. You already have a huge advantage as is. Why do you insist that you should be able to kill melee classes with no risk.

You say just stand there and get shot and nuked until you die....

Uuuuuummmmm ok. If you say so.

MA's should also be legally allowed to break roots because in the MA's char description it says that they are the masters of resisting nano's and interupting casters, yet nano resist is clearly broken
    GravyOmlet
    200 Martial Artist

Damn, imagine how things would be if everything was like if the professions were like how they were described.

Fixers wouldn't suck.

Traders would be the worst PvP profession.

Soldiers would be the pillar that forms a solid team.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

debuffing out of a root is the only damn reason I couldn't evac out from Diddykong on Tuesday b4 14.2. He's twice my level and went after me with speed buff on, so I had no chance to run but to evac, I rooted, he debuffed himself, there goes any god damn advantage a fixer can get in pvp...

Melee is melee, it deals amazing damage and therefore should have it's achilles ankle of roots. Plain and simple. You got close quarters, run fast and hit hard and fear being rooted as it should be like in Sept '01 when I got me an enforcer with my nt, when nt's did full damage...
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

Root

An UNREMOVABLE and UNRESISTABLE (Nano resist is severely broken!) root is just as bad as a one shot kill, which Funcom has shown much dislike for.

I think in a situation where two similarly equipped characters, with similar level and IP-spending efficiency are fighting, there should be NO way for one of them to be guaranteed victory with one spell or ability.

Root completely disables my character, despite the billions of IP spent, and considering the nano cost, duration, resist rates, etc, it's just horribly unbalanced in pvp.

(And don't say use your Bow, you know I can't win any fight with that piece of crap!)