View Poll Results: How do you want the market forums?

Voters
365. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like they are now.

117 32.05%
  • Merged back into one forum per dimension.

162 44.38%
  • Split like now, but with an additional forum, e.g. for pure trading (no credits).

12 3.29%
  • Split into item and services categories in addition to offers and requests.

32 8.77%
  • Split into item and services categories only.

20 5.48%
  • Other (please explain).

5 1.37%
  • No opinion on the matter.

17 4.66%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Re-evaluation of the market forums split

Originally posted by Glarawyn
    Merged. Easir to figure out what buyers are willing to pay and what sellers are getting when you can search just one forum.
    ehm..did you know you can select "Atlantean Market" in the search and it searches both Offers and Requests. Thus nullifying that argument.

I like it as it is now, but sadly, people seem to think that they can just skip rules and put their WTB posts on the WTS thread Those are the ones who should get a whack, not the layout.
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

Merge them, and make a function where you can sort out the WTS and WTB if you want to. That would be the best IMO
    chrixxx - level 220/21 atrox adventurer.
    chrixxy - level 200/0 solitus doctor. [retired]

squad commander of hells heroes.

Chrixxy, do you realize how much easier it would be for them to just leave them split. If you think it FC takes a long time to fix little tinny bugs then you should just wait and see how long it will take them to modify the board in the way you described.

hard? pfft
    when you want to sell anything, or buy anything, click on either
    -WTB
    -WTS

Then you could have a sort function to sort out WTB and WTS. Thats not hard at all.
    Last edited by Chrixx; May 2nd, 2004 at 16:05:21.
    chrixxx - level 220/21 atrox adventurer.
    chrixxy - level 200/0 solitus doctor. [retired]

squad commander of hells heroes.

eh...you just described the way the forum works right now...

feels good to know that the votes are based on ignorance...

Oklie doklie Chrixxy, if it is not hard... Lets see you come up with the code for it.

Merge them please. Its nearly impossible to make a "WTB" thread unless I post it on the WTS forum.
    Retail "Shabura" Worker, level 214 Trader Lewt
    Chronic "Bhalash" Fumbler, level 202 Nano-Technician Lewt

I for one really liked having the market forums split. The problems are, folks are putting things into the wrong forum and our searching capabilities aren't flexible enough to really function well.

Try searching for one particular kind of symbiant (Living Left Arm Symbiant, Support Unit Aban as an example).

I'd say put it back and chalk it up to "We tried to make things better, but it just didn't pan out."
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

Changes to searching won't happen, I'm sure. I simply don't have the knowledge myself, and I doubt anybody have the time needed.

Btw, while it's true that WTB threads have fewer "views" registered, that is quite logical, as the needed info is in the subject line anyway. WTB threads never had many views in the old forums either.

Few votes so far though, for some reason. Original poll had approx 700 votes. Oh well, 4 days to go.

I agree with a lot of you that the requests markets don't seem to be doing much. I've posted a few WTB and had no replies. But at the same time, when I'm looking to buy something from other people, I want to peruse only WTS threads, not people wanting to buy things as well.
    So yeah, the request market isn't working so well, but I think it makes the offer market easier to use.
    Chaoskampf (RK1)
    Copykutter (RK2)
    Copywright (RK2)

Shout out to Athen-Paladins!

reguardless of if they merge or stay as they are there is a definate need for offering services or would like to hire services eg tradeskills blitzing and dungeon 'guides'.

keep them seperate please, just trying to aviod the spam of wtb threads..... people dont answer wtb posts if they dont have or want to sell you said item, no need to force that on every person that reads this forum.
    "You eat the Bronto Burger, I want a taco !"

Guild Storm

Formula44 Fixer
    Fishtaco Engineer NEW NAME is Craftwoman
    Americanpie Agent - Retired
    proctology Doctor
    formula Bureaucrat
    Account Created 2001-06-27 15:29:57

Keep them separated... its pretty easy to sell the items that never sell in the WTS on the WTB, and the reason for it seeming to be dead is that most send a tell instead of posting.

Also add an exact search string... hate getting 200 hits when I only want an exact ql on an item.
    Getmore Gear Antismurf Fixer Ancient General of Tiger Claw
    Proeteus Gear
    Morphius Gear

Isnt that what quotes are for. E.G. "QL200 NCU Memory"

For searching, a splitted one is definitely better. A merged one is still ok, as most people usually make it very clear whether it's wtb or wts, it's very easy to screen out wtb posts by eyes.

For people don't have specific items that they are looking for, but simply browse the market forum for anything that catches their eyes, a merged one will be better, as the wtb posts can sometimes catch the attention.
    McDonald happy meal new toys, the mini heckler doll series: Nature, Evolution, Earth, Stones, Metals, Harmony, Elements, Life and Dreams.

Merge the WTB/WTS back together.

Add a new section for services.

WTB/WTS forum would make buying selling and such very easy again, without the need to search through WTS for something you need.

Services forum would be great if you are looking for an uber tradeskiller, blitzer, etc etc.
    Say goodbye to a tangerine sky
    Say hello say hello to tommorow
    When you say goodbye to a tangerine sky
    You lose your pain lose your fear lose your sorrow

Adding a new section for services/tradeskillers would be quite nice IMO.

I also say leave it like it is, I've used the WTB forums successfully a number of times.

It is also nice to have as few posts as possible in the big WTS forum. It does need better moderation and it certainly appears that some people are just being obstinate and trying and get more attention by putting their buying posts in the wrong forum.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Im sure VB is limited, but it would be cool that when u go into the forum if it would let u select WTB/WTS/ALL and when people make a post ie: 'WTS VTE' they could select, WTS/WTB as which it would go under and than people could view what they want. But i know its pretty limited.

What would also be cool is if they made a sub forum to the WTS/WTB forums such as 'Weapon' 'Armor' 'Rings/Bracers' if u want to get even more technical go into specifics 'Weapon > Sword' 'Weapon > Dagger' and what not.

Everything on one forum is too spammy. As it is now, either my WTB/WTS posts are off the front page in 2 hours or less.

I have bought numerous things using WTB side. I check it as frequently as WTS.
    Feminatrix -> 214 Doc (retired)
    Femynatryx -> 214 Engie (tskills)
    Feminatriix -> 179 Soldier (228 coop)
    Femynatrix -> Lil Twink PvP Trader
    Feminatryx -> Lil Doc
    Feminatrox -> Lil Twink PvP Trox Enf

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast