View Poll Results: How do you want the market forums?

Voters
365. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like they are now.

117 32.05%
  • Merged back into one forum per dimension.

162 44.38%
  • Split like now, but with an additional forum, e.g. for pure trading (no credits).

12 3.29%
  • Split into item and services categories in addition to offers and requests.

32 8.77%
  • Split into item and services categories only.

20 5.48%
  • Other (please explain).

5 1.37%
  • No opinion on the matter.

17 4.66%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Re-evaluation of the market forums split

I like them split. It makes it much more organized. As mentioned before, when they were merged and something was posted it was off the front page in a matter of minutes thus resulting in pages and pages of just bumps.

I really enjoy the forums being split, although my vote was for splitting them even more. (Dont remember the option exactly) The more searching that is done for me the better.
    ~ Atreyu03

TROX POWA!!

-- Atreyu03 (RK2) 160 Opi Fix
    -- Atreyu01 (RK2) 60 GA2, Lowbie Blitz Opi Fix

-- Atreyu03 (RK1) DING 200 Atrox Fixer! Goodbye XP grind, Hello SK/Faction grind!

Just have a look at ingame shopping channels, new chat system totally unleashed the spammers out there. I just came from there so I know. Can't we just let the forum be somewhat of a safehaven? :P

"WTB 1700 PSYCHOLOGY"
    "WTB 1700 PSYCHOLOGY"
    "WTB 1700 PSYCHOLOGY"
    "WTB 1700 PSYCHOLOGY"
    "WTB 1700 PSYCHOLOGY"
    "WTB 1700 PSYCHOLOGY"
    "WTB 1700 PSYCHOLOGY"
    "ANYONE? PLS?"
    "WTB 1700 PSYCHOLOGY"
    "WTB 1700 PSYCHOLOGY"

Also from reading the posts here, it seems the ones in favor of merging has one thing in common: They haven't learned/found(?) the search function yet. I really don't think the rest of us should suffer because of that.

eclipse: sure, if you dig up the php code for me ill implement it
    chrixxx - level 220/21 atrox adventurer.
    chrixxy - level 200/0 solitus doctor. [retired]

squad commander of hells heroes.

Originally posted by Chrixxy
    eclipse: sure, if you dig up the php code for me ill implement it
    No that is your job. You were the one that wanted it. I dont.

Btw, did you guys know that you can search both the WTS and WTB forums at the same time. You just select the RK1 or RK2 market forum in the list. The one right above the two split forums.

Only 365 votes. That's rather low, and about half of what was given on the previous poll about the market forums. There can be many reasons for this, but my initial thoughts is that not that many as before are concerned about how the layout is, meaning fewer people have objections to the current layout.

44% wants a merge. 6% have no opinion or other suggestions.

49% want some kind of split. Of these, 64% wants the current split, and 17% wants categories in addition to the current split.

Based on this, and especially the low number of votes, we'll leave it like it is for now. We've also done a minor update to the rules for the market forums, to make it clear what threads go where. Please take some time to read the rules. They're posted as announcements in each forum.

Thank you for voting and posting. We'll continue to monitor the use of the market forums and take a new evaluation of the forums later.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123