Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the PvP Rank ladder.. Proffesion listed

the PvP Rank ladder.. Proffesion listed

First a comparison:

An Agent is a ranged NT. Yes. They have dark blue Body dev but do UBER rifle dmg. NTs have dark blue body dev but do uber nano dmg.

Soldiers... is the ranged version of the Enforcer. Soldiers have mass HP and do Ranged dmg. Enforcers have mass HP and do melee dmg.

PvP RANKS:

Soldiers - High HP.. Alpha strike.. MK shield.. HP buff...
    Agents - EXTREMELY high dmg.. Can easily use very high QL guns.. roots.. Aimed shot.
    Enforcers - Alot of HP.. Good dmg (sometimes with beams and hammers)
    NT - ROOTS... Enormous DMG nukes.. blinds... and.. the layered protection
    Meta-Physicist - Fight pet.. heal pet.. nukes... summoned weapons
    Adventurer - Heals.. pistol skills... not very good at PvP.

It usually does go in an order like this. However.. a soldier can be more twinked than an AGENT and win. An Agent can be more twinked than a SOLDIER and win. Its all depends on twinking. But.. the AGENT is the most twinkable CHAR ingame weaponwise.

Aimed shot expertise (+20 Aimed shot), Rifle expertise (+20 Rifle), Snipers bliss (+50 Rifle +15 Aimed shot), 140 Wrangle (+140 Rifle), implants. So with all this rifle can be buffed roughly 210 points. And aimed shot a little lower at 175+.
    "Nano-technician at large.. and yes I have a root"

Cool Dude, you got nothing right :)

You forgot alot there....

Doctors.....should be ranked top 3, atleast if they know what they are doing.

Traders, same thing, top 3

By pure class, assuming the player does everything right I'm gonna put Trader/Doc in first place followed by Soldier/Agent as second.

Then perhaps Meta/NT/Crat followed by MA, Adv, Enf

MA's, Advs, Enfs....I mean seriously, they just smell, oh and I forgot Fixers aren't very good in pvp either, though they have root wich is good.

Class is just 30%....then there's 30% luck and 40% personal skill aswell.

As a trader I've lost 1 fight now since patch...that was against a level 140 soldier who suprised me when I was in the middle of attacking Destrux....a level 190+ soldier wich I had rooted/divested/plundered at the time.

Heh. I can buff 1hb (with a wrangle from a friend)

*422 points*

And for 2hb - 408 points.

So.. err.. heh.
    Not that it helps me much in pvp.. me - target.

Any moderate to high level adventurer using Pistols to PVP is going to suck. Dunno about you Nanostealth, but the majority of Adventurers I know follow the 1HE route, not pistols.

And I do just fine in PVP. Killed a few NTs a few days ago now that I think about it.

Sid "Sohjiro" Scheer
    1HE adventurer

Traders and other

Anyone who dosn't think traders Rank hasnt fought many in PVP. They are devistatingly effective. Shotguns will own anyone who dosn't have massive AC or good duck Exp. And their debufs will turn your attack rating into a joke. Their roots will hold off most pets, and they can overequip like the dickens.

Its sad that Engy, Crats, and Fixers are basicly just MIA for PVP. No one usualy even bothers to rank them. :<

Engies? The other day, I saw 140ish omni engy with a slayerdroid that Snarf wasn't picking a fight with. Engies can be badass, esp when their bots can whoop the crap out of you much faster than you can whoop the engie, from what I've seen.

As far as advents, I haven't massively ovequipped Kaerem yet, but I suspect he'd get owned by any rooting class that knows how to root -- no way to break em.

A (1he) advent is a faster (1he) enforcer with much less HP and some heals added in. And no way to break roots. And No buffs to weaponskills. And most if the time, much less AC, because most advents are not atrox (can you say str/stam armor + IC? ).

No doubt that a well played advent can probably hold his own in general, but put him toe to toe with an atrox enforcer of his level and he's going to get schooled any way you look at it. Let me know if I'm way off base here.

Exclamation This thread had to be Pre 13.0 patch

I have read this tread and determined that it had to have been started before the 13.0 Patch. IMHO

I do a lot of PvP with several different Professions. Pre 13.0 the PvP Effectivness chart may have looked like this.

1. Soldier
    2. Agent
    3. Martial Artist
    4. Nano Technician
    5. Enforcer
    6. Doctor
    7. Trader
    8. Meta Physicist
    9. Adventurer
    10. Engineer
    11. Fixer **
    12. Bureaucrate **

** NOTE: Never fought a Fixer or Bureaucrate.... may because lack of player base or they don't PvP, this is an assumption.

After the 13.0 Patch I would rank it like this:

1. Meta Physicist
    2. Agent
    3. Martial Artist
    4. Enforcer
    5. Adventurer
    6. Doctor
    7. Engineer
    8. Soldier
    9. Nano Technician
    10. Trader
    11. Fixer **
    12. Bureaucrate **

The patch did nothing for balance, just a complete switch of power. Metas are unstoppable. Agents still "Crit" every other shot, not to mention Aimed Shot. Any profession that can deal decent damage combined with decent heals rocks in PvP.... ex: MA, AD and I recently fought a Doctor with a Hammer that laughed at me afterwards. The Engineeer is ahead of the NT and Soldier because Pets still do regular damage... not 50%. Nano technicians are completely ineffective, they run out of nano after about 10 -15 seconds 20 if lucky, but fights tend to last about a minute give or take now. And the Soldier is just rediculously underpowered now, If the alpha strike is surived - which after the patch is about 9 times out of 10 - Then the soldier is dead 9 times out of 10.

Is this reply one sided? I don't think so... I've played almost every profession at least for a few levels. Except, to be honest, a Fixer, Bureaucrate and Engineer.

PvP in this game simply doesn't exist. The Arenas are empty and the Political Zones are barren. I'm on RK2, I can't speak for RK1. After the patch every now and then someone will show up at Tir Arena, I almost never see anyone at the Omni Ent Arena. MMD is totally dead as well as 2HO. After the 13.2 patch even the Grid Campers are gone.

I have a NT that was unstoppable before 13.0, now he runs out of nano after 15 seconds and is reduced to a low class Martial Artist.

I have a Soldier that dies 9 out of 10 times after the patch because the Alpha Strike (which was the only thing the soldier had) is now ineffective.... after the alpha stike the soldier is reduced to regular shots with absolutely no heals, you may get one or two crits and if your lucky survive long enough to get a second burst in. Other than that... just sit back and watch yourself die.

I have an MP that absolutely NOBODY will fight. The day of the patch I leveled an Agent that had a Gripo 30 QLs above his lvl... after that nobody will fight me (the MP). I took him to 2HO and started a fight with a Soldier that was 5 lvls above me and everyone that was around watch that was higher lvl was healing the other soldier. I screamed out "why are you guys helping him, we are fighting?" and their responce was that I was cheating by having a second pet heal me. Other times that I have grided into MMD or 2HO with my MP i've seen players I could otherwise fight within range make a run for the grid or 75% suppresion zone.

My points:

1. I like to PvP, It is broke as it is now... it has alway been broke. I liked that you reduced damage by 50%, but making healing that heals the same makes it even more unbalanced. Healing should be halfed as well. The fight will still be longer that before the patch, and it wouldn't be so very unbalanced towards the healing classes.

2. Pets do the same amount of damage in PvP, their damage is not halfed. This is fine for me, the people with pets that I beat before the patch, I beat after the patch. Most Pet Users don't have other powerful means of offense, most rely almost soley on their pets and they almost never do as much damage by their selfs as the opponnet can dish out to their master.

3. Over-equiping is an issue, this said by someone who loves to over-equip. To me it's a part of the game. There is nothing wrong with trying to equip the best possible equipment that you can using implants and buffs that are available in the game. To over-equip takes stategy and a lot of planning and preparation. In my opinion if you took that time to plan everything just the way you want it, you deserve to wear it. On that note: Equipment should be based on your current skill stats, if you buffed to put something on (a weopon or armor) then when the buff wears off the equipment should be reduced in stats to the equivalent lvl. But if someone has great equipment for his lvl they should have some kind of bonus. What fun is it if everyone is the exact same. A lot of the fun involved for me is to strive to be better than the next guy, and as good as I can possibly be.

4. Implants skill stats should stay the same. Don't reduce the effectiveness on implants when a required stat for the implant is reduced. Everyone need Treatment buffs and Centers to put implants in. If our QL 50 implants are going to be reduced to QL 20s when the Treatment Specials wears off and we take off the Med Suit ... then what is the point??

5. Make PvP worth and mean something, and make it have some kind of risk.... somebody spoke of a PvP point system where you can see your points, maybe in the status window. There would be levels of PvP like ranks.... say you have acheived the 2nd rank and half way to your 3rd rank and you lost... you would lose all the points you earned towards your 3rd rank. There would be no way to save these points, but at the same time once you made a rank it could not be taken away from you..... and give bonus for the higher PvP ranks. I don't know who said this, it's in the boards somewhere so forgive me for not quoting exactly.

I could go on and on, but why bother LOL. I like to team up with people and go hunting, but I also really love the PvP aspect, and wish that Funcom does something exciting with it and fixes it so that more people want to PvP. There are only a hand full of people that are even slightly interested in PvP now. Again i'm speaking from RK2.

I've had several chacters, but I keep about 4 or 5 now:

NanoFreQ lvl 45 Omni NT
    Lohem lvl 28 Omni Soldier
    Eiroshima lvl 10 Clan NT
    Dapadre lvl 11 Clan MP

Please leave your comments, and please feel free to contact me in game if you want to get together and do some PvP, or set up some kind of PvP teams. I have characters with freshman title, but i don't care about losing the title, at least not until it means something.

Take Care

All of you have good points.. but the thing is... AGENTS can overequip the easiest in this game.

Same with NTs but our buffs dont stick.

I want to see you lvl a meta to lvl 48 and fight a lvl 48 agent that has a ql 165 Disafilliation sniper equipped.. LOL!

Sure.. metas got the heal pet.. BIG advantage.. BIG BIG.. A personal healer in PvP.. IMO healers shouldnt be allowed in PvP. A healing pet totally unbalances it.

But im more than sure the AGENT with the ql 165 rifle can do more dmg than the pet can heal for... opening with a high DMG aimed shot and then finishing off with large bursts of dmg thats more than the MP pet can heal for.

As for his fighter pet thats about 30 lvls above him and does all his dirty work... a nice agent root will fix him up.

I tend to GANK MPs who use pets... PETS are gank tools... Fight with pets u get ganked.. fight w/ out you'll get a fair fight.

NO proffesional should get healers in PvP.. NO Proffesion should get pets to do thier dmg in PvP (maybe engineers). Pets + Person = Gank. But thats just my opinion even if it is part of thier proffesion.
    "Nano-technician at large.. and yes I have a root"

I really didn't believe people were so quick to jump on a bangwagon until the metaphysicist fix. It seems like the moment the patch came out that fixed them, suddenly there are now more mp's then there are soldiers. What most people don't realize however, is that there are countermeasures.

If you are an agent, a fixer, a trader, a nanotechnician, or a crat, you have the benefits of roots. Rooting a mp's attack pet then going out of range will ensure it stays away from you for the duration of the battle (if not, refresh it) What do you have left after that? A gimped nanotechnician with a pet healing him. Now you have to decide if you can do enough damage to keep up with the mp healing pet - or - if you need to attack the healing pet itself. It isn't easy, it's a long and exhausting battle, but it IS workable.

Another case in point, I made my engineer after the treatment clinic fixed / comp lit buff fixes / other fixes. Right now he's only lost about 6 pvp fights out of too many to count. He's an apprentice engineer who can take down the best of them. (He even took down Novice Bruise while being a few levels below him, considered by some to be an 'uber twink'.) And he definitely rarely has problems with MP's. My whole point is, there isn't any level of 'impossibility' in being able to take someone down. Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they can't do something.

My own personal pvp rank list would be based on strategy. If a profession would use it's full potential in regards to strategy, the list would go like this:

1. Trader
    2. Agent
    3. Doctor
    4. Fixer
    5. Engineer (ok, I'm bias here, sue me) :P
    6. Enforcer
    7. Metaphysicist
    8. Martial Artist
    9. Soldier
    10. Adventurer
    11. Nano Technician
    12. Crat

HOWEVER - every profession has the ability to compete VERY well, -even- crats. I have yet to see a serious crat do some serious robot overequipping in pvp - with their roots, it could very well make them a terror of sorts. Every profession, in my opinion, has a GOOD CHANCE against another IF they work out a sound strategy. That's what seperates Joe Freshman from Uber Novice.

Lowburn, 111 martial artist
    Laddie, 73 engineer

pvp rankings

1. everyone else
    2. adventurers

please fix pistols, funcom.

thanks

I would definitely put NT after advent... advents can heal and fight. Sure you don't do much damage, but my nanopool will run out long before yours, then we'll be trading pistol shots. Guess who has better pistols? Not me!
    NT's cannot win without switching to weapons. We do not have the nanopool to kill anyone when we are doing (half damage-AC), therefore we have to finish with our weapons (which tend to suck, as we cannot afford the IPs for good weapons too, which is how it should be). I don't know how FC could fix this, but it sucks. NTs are out of PvP now. Luckily, I had already retired my NT pre-13.0, while he still had a title... :P

-"Freshman" Dropcid, Retired Lv53 Omni NT

1. everyone else
    2. adventurers
    Why is every adventurer I see who complains about being gimped in PVP, use pistols? Yes its a green skill, that DOES NOT mean you have to follow that path. Use 1-Handed Edged or at least try every combination possible before you complain.

lol

I think it is a little short-sighted for everyone to rank Agents as the #2 PvP class because they can overequip.... What happens at Lvl150?????? what about 175?????? Everyone will be using QL200 gear at that point.... I assume none of you have been to the higher levels.... Agents Peak at Level 100 to 110 when we get our QL200 guns and then it is all downhill... think about it that way.... And I haven't seen Agents owning too many people... We seem barely balanced and I have a QL117 Fletchette at Lvl 60 and get outdamaged in groups hunting on a regular basis by the Enforcer, MA, Meta, and Traders. Just cause you only remember the 2800 Aimed shot I hit once during the 3 hours of hunting doesn't mean I am a great damager... of course I assume you can rank Agents with a Shotgun Rifle ahead of me... but they used there IP and have earned there weapon.... I'm going the stig route myself.

I'd also have to Rank MA's a lot higher based on one simple fact... they won't PvP without Dimach... so you know you are basically starting the fight at 60% health.

eleetist try this strategy with your agent , get some MP nano skill buffs, get a skill wrangler, and make a deep red MP pet in false prof MP..

Agents with sweet dmg rifles, and killer MP pets are awesome in PvP

personally i think its a great way to PvP with an agent, been seein a lot more of it lately, and it sure seems effective

what a silly little post.

It all comes down to what class is fighting what class. My enforcer ownes soldiers (alpha aint enough, and I have mongo).

You put me up against a trader though and life gets tougher.

agents still rule the day though. They just need to find the right weapons that do fast good damage. They crit like nobody I have ever seen.

Every class has its nemisis, you cant say one is better than another! you just have to compair the matchups.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Exclamation Your right about that Yazule

I made a soldier recently and got him to lvl 32. I was switching between a QL 47 SuperNova for Aimed Shot, QL 48 Flashpoint for Full Auto and QL 50 NovaFlow for Burst, Fling and regular shots.

I may have fought 6 or 7 enforcers.... and I have lost every time against them after the patch. The alpha strike just doesn't do significant damage to the Enforcers Massive HP count.

Also I'm pretty much owned by any Profession that can heal..... I fought this one Doctor who had a Hammer QL which was probably twice her lvl (It hurt much). Docs got great HP Buffs can heal in battle and with the right weopon... can cause a whole lot of pain.

To be honest... I've have only won one PvP match with my seemingly twinked soldier, and when the guy got back he told me that he went link dead in the middle of the fight.... and proceded to hand me my arse in a rematch.

I believe the only Professions I would even have half a chance against are ones with low HP and inability to heal. Maybe an NT, don't know, yet to fight one..... but as gimped as the Soldier is in PvP now - I'm sure he would hand me my arse as well.

Anyway..... whatever, that's why I made several different professions in the first place. It's been said you never know what the next patch will bring and some other profession will be on top. Meanwhile, I'm just a gimped twinked Soldier..... only good for teaming now.... PvP is useless.

?

what does this...

1. everyone else
    2. adventurers

constitute a complaint?

a complaint would be something like...you made a moronic post with no point...

who are you to tell me to "go try all other weapons before i complain?"

i work...about 60 hours a week. i have time for one character...the one i started. i'm up to lev 55 now sinking ips into pistol/burst/fling and i'm not going to start a new character.

the fact is that funcom has acknowledged now that pistols and mutli-ranged are out of whack and completely underpowered compared to other classes...

so if i chose to complain...which i did not do in this thread at all...i have every right to do so. furthermore, you have no right to tell me to stop.

how about YOU not respond to my posts anymore if you are so upset over them? i thought it was comical to adventures at least...

in anycase, perhaps you should count to 10, take a deep breath, and move on.

Originally posted by Yazule
    what a silly little post.

It all comes down to what class is fighting what class. My enforcer ownes soldiers (alpha aint enough, and I have mongo).

You put me up against a trader though and life gets tougher.

agents still rule the day though. They just need to find the right weapons that do fast good damage. They crit like nobody I have ever seen.

Every class has its nemisis, you cant say one is better than another! you just have to compair the matchups.
    Anyway, PvP is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from balanced, and everybody does not have their nemesis. Nobody can kill an equal lvl doc, as i am NT i really feel the nerf of range and double nano cost. All profs of equal lvl are my nemesis, except fixer, and maybe crat, never fought one.
    NT phone HOME!!

/me has killed a doc of equal level

but I do agree that pvp is FAAAARRRR from balanced and needs LLLLOOOOOTTTTSSS of work.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast