Thread: Alien Invasion Question

Alien Invasion Question

OKay, I know these have been mentioned before, but I have not viewed a satisfactory answer.

I want to buy Alien Invasion. I want the Preorder Leet.

I do not want to pay for a 5 dollar shipping, when all I want to do is download Alien Invasion instead. I read on Funcom's store website that you can choose an ESD version, which is an immediate download. This ESD version of Alien Invasion is not on Funcom's store website...

So what's the deal?

If I pay tonight, I pay a $5 shipping fee... when they just send me a link so I can download Alien Invasion anyways. But, I get the Leet.

If I pay tomorrow... I do not pay for the shipping, and can just choose an ESD version? But this will not make the Leet available??

What the hell is going on? Can I order Alien Invasion this morning (3:22AM Est) and not pay shipping, and receive the Leet? Or is that impossible.

Please respons ASAP... I want to order.

Don't quote me on this, but I think the immediate download option is ONLY for people who preordered an ACTUAL BOX through FC and haven't received the box yet. It is basically a backup option for the pre-orders to help insure that they get into the game on opening day.

Although, to be honest, everything I've heard about the download option has been just a rumor.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

So if order the game now off of Funcom, I will be able to play the game on Launch via download, with the Leets, but will have the shipping charges?

If I don't order now, I wont be able to download on launch?

That's how I understood it. But, like I said, everything I've heard has been rumor. I have no way of knowing how valid those rumors are.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

And $5 is really such a big deal?

are we fussing over the price of a Happy Meal here???
    Pay the $5 and get the leet or don't pay the $5 and don't get the leet. i think $5 is pretty minimal for a leet
    Merrissy (Shade RK1)
    McWigwig (Engineer RK1)
    Flipty (Adventurer RK1)

Is 5$ the cheapest shipping available? Check other sites? Some offer a value shipping rate for less. Would take 10 days to get the box but if there is a download then it wouldn't matter. Either way you'd end up with your p3t l33t.
    Selbus

The real decision here is...

Is the Leet worth the 5 Bucks or NOT?

This is something you will have to reach way down deep and make a decision.

Don't ponder long though, time is ticking away...
    Last edited by .oOBusted!; Sep 1st, 2004 at 15:46:04.
    Arctic: As someone i know said: "After A-Bomb hits advy, they just dust off the dirt and walk away."

HURJAkeeper: "the alt tabbing works if i stand on solid ground or some flat surface. if i do that in place where the ground isnt flat the grafix is drawn screwed up."

right!
    you only have like 1 hour... DO IT MAN!!

assuming it 12noon eastern time. is it?

Either way.

DO IT MAN!!
    Selbus

Ahhh!!! I woke up, and it's too late!!!

The reason is because I dont want the box showing up, my dad will flip if he sees it. Sounds pretty lame, but yeah.

Now Im screwed.

You let your dad decide which games to play? How old are you?

Actually I think the preorder offer expired at 1PM CET. So the option was gone already

Don't let the dad bugs byte
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

Yes it is too late now, unfortunately. I am pretty sure some kind of other pets will be available to the rest of the players at a later stage, because they are so much fun and keep you company when hunting or doing missions alone