Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do fixers pretend they're useless?

lol

Crats have ligt blue in be and, cost me 5000 ip, to get it to 150, and with the general 20 buff, i can open locks 5 times my lvl in one or 2 whacks.

The be skill is pointless to raise past 200, do at that point the fixers spend about 4k ip less than i do, the certainly doesnt count as an advantage in my book.

i know this whole thing is a joke but i am just saying fixers do suck. Anyone can get comp lit to 130 and basicaly go where ever the hell they want. I think less classes should have green comp lit.

Crats, Fixers, And Nts should be the only ones.

also i would take a good look at some of the general buffs, and makes the reqs verry, for exmple if a ma wants to use a pistol buff, the nano should req stats that an ma wouldnt normally put points in, but say a soldier would.

I know this would take what do you call it? oh yeah effort but it would improve things greatly.

Fixers rock! we're just not very good at anything

Hopefully this new grid will make us more needed..we'll be able to go to gridpoints NOONE else can, supposedly..if that's true groups will want us, we'd beat the heck outta travel time to far-off zones.

But honestly we are useless. ANYONE can pick a lock..getting 400 B&E takes no time at all..OK so we get it a little bit faster..that is IF we have the IPs to spend. And we never do. I haven't put points into BE in ages, mostly cause I'm trying to catch treatment up to get some decent implants and stuff in..course, only need to do that cause I blew scads of IP raising Mat Met and Mat Cre for Grid armor..which I'll prolly never be able to wear anyway, and am beginning to think is pointless, if nice.. but then wait! I need points for biomet for HoTs! they're supposed to be uber in like 14.8 or something..oh! but I need complit for grid transit...ooh darn then I'll have to hold evades off..oh and duck needs more IP too..oh and if I just had 20 more sense imp and a expertise I could squeeze into the next runbuff!

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*huffs and puffs* OK, I feel better now
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

SUMMON THAT ARMOR ALSO!
    RETIRED

Also, I'm not sure you're aware of this, but you know how all those classes out there have skill buffs? Fixers do too! That's right!

And to top it all off, any fixer on Rubi-ka, even a level 1, can run the Fixer's best SMG buff! omg imbalance...

and on the side:

Tip, folks. You're not hot **** because you have an idea. 90% of the time, someone else has already had it. Do a little research before you open your traps.
    And my tip for you, comrade, is that your 30 line signature is more of a waste of space than any posts to these boards; posts carrying messages, even useless ones, gain immediate priority over ego-masturbatory signatures about oneself, philosophy, or god forbid those people with entire song lyrics..

Originally posted by Red Falcon
    Also, I'm not sure you're aware of this, but you know how all those classes out there have skill buffs? Fixers do too! That's right!

And to top it all off, any fixer on Rubi-ka, even a level 1, can run the Fixer's best SMG buff! omg imbalance...

And my tip for you, comrade, is that your 30 line signature is more of a waste of space than any posts to these boards; posts carrying messages, even useless ones, gain immediate priority over ego-masturbatory signatures about oneself, philosophy, or god forbid those people with entire song lyrics..
    I don't pretend to add value, though.

Erm

Well.... with all these high level weapon recepticals... high B&E is rather useful. There's money to be made hacking QL 120 Alarq Chem Rifles.

That's not to say other Prof. can't get high B&E... but hey.. it's green for us fixers ^ ^

but seriously folks.....

once a player achieves a b&e of 400 they can pretty much open any chest in a mission up to around ql 200.

Most players lvl 120+ have a b&e of 400 ( because they wanna loot too)

High lvl fixer has the decision of raising b&e to 600 for the specific reason of hacking sealed containers & pills or using that ip for something else and getting someone else to hack.

My fixer got an advantage lower lvl ( around lvl 50) and could open high lvl chests but then the b&e skill was neglected around lvl 100 in favor of nanoskills. As soon as i realized i could open any chest i could get to with a unbuffed skill of 430 i stopped raising it . I guess funcom needs to implement more uses for a 700+ b&e skill before i go there.

Im lvl 106 Fixer, last i checked my B&E was 200... ip has had to go on surviving, not opening chests

As for summon line... I wont touch it...I dont want armour or guns that vanish in 2 hours...ammusing to see ppl react to hacked tank armours "crashing" after a few hours
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

Talking about Chests and B&E.......

Can't they name chests with no locks, which hold medikits and ammo "Supply Chests"? Just makes a bit more sense....

And.. to enourage B&E, they should add MORE content into locked Chests instead of locked empty boxes....

Like... what's so precious about a roller rat?

Reminds me of that locked up bird called "Crow" in "The Longest Journey".
    =P
    @-----}----,---'------------
    For Ragnar Tornquist, the Visionaer.

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--
    N00b, but HardCore Fixer, RK1.

Oh yea B&E is the BOMB! So are my runbuffs! Infact just yesterday I had a lvl36 agent cast Leach Grid Vector on me.. a 58 Fixer who is still a good 5-10 lvls from Leech Grid. How cool is that?

Then the day before that I asked a meta for a couple masteries so I could Team Grid us home, but the two Traders and the Doc already had Team Grid nanos... so I said, fine see ya home, and evaced out in 4 seconds time (the ONLY thing we fixers have over any other class without HUGE sacrifices [READ: Grid Armor] ).

I now pretty much only play my fixer to get him to higher levels so I can team with the majority of my guild, and blitzing for money. And that royally hurts.. because I LOVE the 'idea' of a fixer.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

I would agree... most people running high level missions have 400 +/- 50 B&E... as an NT who can only solo anything from 80% of my level or higher by using some variety of mezz... my only accomplishment in solo work usually comes from completing a mission for the reward. No exp, no tokens... just an item. It really sucks to mezz your way through 15 mobs who can hit you for a couple hundred damage through an advanced layer shield (thats about 450 absorbed + the damage you take) before you can get a single mezz on them... only to not be able to complete the mission because you come across a locked door that needs 360 B&E to open. The fact that you can loot chests along the way makes it a little less painful... and helps to pay for the healing and nano recharge kits you had to buy to pull off the mission.

Anyone who claims the green B&E skill to be a benefit to Fixers had better be referring to the use of hacking grafts, receptacles, etc... which we all know does nothing to help them level and only occasionally gets them anything more than a few credits... which they need to save up to buy their grid armor instruction disc, because the chances of them finding it on their own are about as good as the NT finding nullity.

Jaesic
    132 NT(rk2)

Red face hehe

yay find rather odd the class is so bad yet there so many high ranked pvp fixers.

LOL blanche, happy to see your sticking to the satire of the thread.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Re: Why do fixers pretend they're useless?

Originally posted by Thugdoom
    And fixers have it rough, Puh-Lease.
    /s Level 84 box-opening gimp b!tch lfg

Somehow I doubt I'll get into many teams with the ninja-looting craze that's going on now...

~Hoopspro
    'Box-opening gimp b!tch'

Obviously any class that has green water vehicle skill for the measly inconvenience of dark blue nano skills across the board is clearly overpowered.

Where's that fixer nerf petition?

Originally posted by FuriousGeorge
    Obviously any class that has green water vehicle skill for the measly inconvenience of dark blue nano skills across the board is clearly overpowered.

w00t!! Fixers have green water vehicle!!!? Nerf the fixers!!!

Actually I think its time we fixers admitted it...

[sarcasam]
    We pretend were gimped so that the other real gimps of the game feel better. We die on purpose. We dont level on purpose. We hide all our uber buffs and refuse to use them on anyone (ourselves included). We lose in PvP so other professions can feel good about themselves. We have nanos we cant use till they are at least 20 lvls lower than us, just so we can complain.[/sarcasam]

get over it already....

and while you do that check this lill pic taken at E3
    http://biggins.lbox.org/fixerlove.jpg hmmm maybe FC realises we ARE gimps
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

Shhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

We can't ever let them know that we secretly rule Rubi-Ka! Don't let them know the OE patch doesn't apply to Fixers either..shhhhh!
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Originally posted by FuriousGeorge

You guys have green water vehicles? That's totally broken! We'll all be camping the grid, waiting for you guys to warp in and be buthered like animals and you'll stage some kind of crazy amphibious assault, flank us, and wound one or two of use before we slaughter you like dogs. No fair, fixers arn't supposed to fight back.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12