Thread: Hacked Grafts

Hacked Grafts

Is there a difference between Boosted and Symbio grafts? Do they have charges or are unlimited in usage?

Do you also need to equip them in the armor slots to use them?

I know if it locks Time & Space then the graft sucks since you can't recharge nano. Locking the other nano skills - what does that affect?!

Also does hacking reduce the QL of the original graft? I see in the database hacked grafts lower QL than the original grafts.

What are the best ones to find? Thanks!
    Last edited by Statecraft; May 28th, 2002 at 21:23:13.

A boosted graft is one that has been hacked to remove it's 'protection' ie it is no longer profession specific.
    A symbio-graft is the standard version with the profession lock.
    Don't know if they have charges for sure though. I only used them once myself. They tend to be the minor nano programs only though. The only good one I know of is for the reet forms....

actually, both boosted and symbio grafts just have "hacked" in front of them when you remove prof restrictions. the difference is that boosted grafts have a base recharge of 30 min and symbio have base recharge of an hour. so boosted are much better depending on how often you want to use the graft. also, the higher the ql, the shorter the recharge. so a ql200 symbio graft will have something like a 40-45min recharge compared to a ql1 symbio graft which would have almost the full hour recharge. a ql200 boosted graft would have a REALLY short recharge.

the skills that are locked don't seem to matter except for t&s. i can't think of any other items that lock nano skills off the top of my head.

also remember that a hacked graft will sometimes just not work. that's part of the price of it being hacked. you'll see yourself wave your hands in the air and nothing happens. it seems to happen quite randomly. my own hacked grafts will malfunction something like once every 3-4 times. your own experiences will vary.

hehe

Im searching for that feet of stone graft, since it would rock to root as an adventurer.
    i already have the morphs, so

But hard to find, really it is.
    and who the heck want a piercing inxeperience graft? these expertise/inexperience grafts is the most useless graft i've even seen........
    give me a NT nuke graft, skill wrangler or essence graft, then i'll be happy.
    220/27/62 Crat | 200 NT | 200 fixer |174/14/42 twink trox nt| 100/12 trader| 60/6 enf|

Total levels gained since nov 2002 |2500+ |

7 years to ding 220, any better?

Re: hehe

Originally posted by Mrblackh
    Im searching for that feet of stone graft, since it would rock to root as an adventurer.
    i already have the morphs, so
    I found a Detain Suspect graft last night and got it promptly hacked. Woot!
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

damn u :-)

how much u want for it?

dammit i want one too.
    think the scenario, in MMD, a martial artist search for nonrooters to kill, so he picks me....
    "hubba, im gonna kill that adventuer as a easy apple pick, muhahahaha! WTF?!?!?! he can root?"
    -Mrblackh hit you for 1600 projectile damage, critical hit!
    -Mrblackh hit you for 1600 aimed shot damage, critical hit!
    -Mrblackh hit you for 1600 fling shot damage, R.I.P!!

muhahaha...... *droodle*
    220/27/62 Crat | 200 NT | 200 fixer |174/14/42 twink trox nt| 100/12 trader| 60/6 enf|

detained suspect locks t&s so unless you don't mind not using a nano-charger for an hour, probably won't get much use out of it. feet of stone is the root graft that everyone wants since it doesn't lock t&s.

Talking 13m5s to be exact

--Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

bwah

/me adds "feet of stone" to pile "useful mission-items.

Armor and Deflection Grafts

Aren't these fairly useful too? I think one adds 343 AC and the others can deflect up to 13% of damage.

Then there is Glowing Retribution, adds Rad AC and 99 max health. Yes? No?

Advanced Shielding Barrier graft

This one is pretty nice. It's the one that adds the 300-odd score to all ACs. It's also nice in that it lasts an hour, so you don't run out of AC with the skill still locked. With this graft, I get half-way decent AC as a pathetic gimped nanomage.

My graft required 670 B&E to hack. I looked for a fixer for quite a while with no success, and finally an adventurer (of all people!) was kind enough to hack mine for me. Thanks, Ariana!

My question is, how do you turn a hacked symbio graft into a hacked boosted symbio graft? Is being "boosted" just a random result of hacking the graft, or is there another step that needs to be performed to "boost" it?
    Last edited by Strycker; May 29th, 2002 at 17:40:03.
    Strycker, OT NT
    Member of AOR RK-1
    Mundus vult decipi, decipiatur

Boost and Symbio are different

You cannot convert one to another, they are different sets of items. They perform the same the only difference is lock-up time, Boost is base 1 hr, Symbio is base 1/2 hr.

D'oh
    Read the question too fast