Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Neutrals beware, the CoT is coming for you

Aerinyi,

I will not falter under the scrutiny you have so generously offered. I will not turn this into a friends issue. I will not take it personally. First Light has made their stance firm and you should take that as such and not continue to undermine the hard work of those of us that would see the clans under one voice regardless of affiliation.

I believe this issue is closed as far as First Light is concerned.

Thank You,

Taren "Astera" Gorslin
    First Light

What am I undermining again? I'm a bit lost here. I thought I was expressing my opinion, something that last I checked was very popular around these parts and supposedly suppressed by the big, bad council. What are you even talking about?
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Many of you know I’m not an overly political person. I prefer to avoid open debates such as these as they normally have little, if any, affect on my day-to-day life. But in this case, because this issue strikes so close to my heart, I feel I must express my opinion.

I am a clanner for reasons of my own, but I grew up in Newland. I still spend more time in Borealis than I do in any Clan territory. When I see the nominal leadership of the side of the Rubi-Ka conflict I have chosen to support taking actions which serve to threaten and encourage violence against my friends, I feel I must speak.

I have always held that the illegal occupation of Tir by the Sentinels should be ended. When the original Council of Truth disbanded, this power-hungry group of thugs and bullies moved into the void created in the city and opportunistically grabbed power for themselves. I had hoped that when the Council of Truth was reformed, that we would see a change to the status-quo in our capital. Sadly, this doesn’t seem to be the case.

I see impassioned arguments made here that the Sentinels are the only group big enough to protect the Clans for the recent renewal of aggression by Omni-Tek. While I can understand this argument on the face of it, there also seems to be an unintended message that I believe the members should consider.

The Sentinels gained this power because they claimed control over our capital city. They enforced their own radical agenda and laid down laws that nobody in the Clans ever approved. Silverstone, in a manner reminiscent of the worst of history’s dictators, said “Because I will it, it shall be so.”

And so, by illegally occupying our city and living off the fruits of their heavy handed tactics, they have managed to grow to the point where a small majority of the Council of Truth voted to support their leader as the chair.

Is this really the message we want to send to those who would follow us? Do we really wish to say “If you can carve yourself a fiefdom by brutally enforcing your personal views on an innocent city, we will make you our king.”?

I oppose the support that the Council of Truth gave to the Sentinels. I oppose it with everything I have in me. If Silverstone should make good on his threat to take Newland next, you will find me standing along side my Neutral friends pushing him back from the gates. I will die not just to allow Neutrals to remain free, but to show that tyranny, in any form should never, ever be tolerated.

After all, is this not the very premise that the Clans were founded on?

I ask the members of the Council of Truth to seriously consider not just the power of those who they would chose to protect us, but also their character.
    When you take everything away from someone, you are no longer their oppressor. You have set them free.

Katpaws on Rubi-Ka

Since Arion was brought up in this thread in order to illustrate conflicting viewpoints, we at Clan Arion wish to clarify the matter. Currently, the Clan Arion leader is Shespy. Following a vote, it was decided that the best course of action for Arion and the Clans was aggression against Omni. Since the Sentinels best embodied that concept, Arion voted accordingly. Thus, there is no conflict in Arion's position because the opinion that was mentioned earlier in this thread no longer embodies our agenda.

Naturally, Clan Arion withholds its aboslute right to withdraw any support for the Sentinels. Yet while the Sentinels defend Tir allowing Clan resources to pour against Omni, Arion will likely continue on this course.

Theed

this thread is going nowhere, nothing has been done yet apart from clans choosing thier afiliations.
    How do you know what each are going to do?
    All im hearing is what if's and blurbs about what has happened in the past, forget that concentrate on the goal at hand for yourself and stop worrying what others around you are doing. Freedom means different points of view, you might not like those views but they are valid none the less. This thread is becoming more and more counter-productive by the post (and yes i know the irony of me posting here lol) i think this matter is too early to start arguing at length about since nothing has even become of it yet.

How many politicians are known to be truthful?

Originally posted by Destrega
    How many politicians are known to be truthful?
    You can trust me at least.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Cogs reads mr. Houstons reply, and thoroughly craks up ....musing to himself " you made my day, mr. Houston...you made my day", takes a large sip of his whiskey, and leans back with a content sigh
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

I am absolutely nauseated by nearly everyone's lack of respect for the individual!

In latin, "omnia" means "evrerything" and "omnes" means everyone (hence the name Omni-Tek, everything-technology). If people all want to generalize clanners and employees of omni-tek then don't make everyone else. CRITIQUE THE IDEA, NOT THE PERSON, OR EVEN WORSE, THE GROUP! The "omni" part of "omni-tek" can be interpereted as "everything" as well. Then everyone who I am talking to should continue living in total ignorance and those who I am not talking to are enlightened enough that they do not need the horrible and meaningless conflicts that have taken place on this fair planet of Rubi-Ka. Even the Nanomage Liberation Front should be listening to me.

In regards to Silverstone, all opposed to him should run him and his guards out of Tir as was done to Loren Warr. I am horrified by him and all of his supporters.

Thanks for putting up with me.

Red face Oh, for the love of Leet!

Oh for the love of Leets and all things Leety, those of you Clanners still skeptical of my sincerity I refer you to the theory of Ockham's Razor.
    "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate'', which translates as "entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily''.
    Now, you can believe that this is an elaborate conspiracy of one administrator from Omni-Tek for reasons that only the skeptic Clanners can know(not even I know!) that I’m out to get you(somehow). Or maybe instead of coming up with elaborate excuses/theories to disregard my attempts and maybe, just maybe that this person have been telling the truth from the beginning?

If I had any hair left I'd be pulling them out right about now.
    Last edited by Kithrak; Apr 29th, 2004 at 01:24:45.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Conspiracy theories are a way of life on Rubi-Ka. I think it might be something in the water...

Saviy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Can't argue with that, Savoy.

((LOL))

And, whatever is in the water, Omni-Tek put there....an evil ploy I tell you.....yes yes *rubs his hands, cackling inchoherently* mhm....its all Omni-Tek!!

Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Originally posted by Quarkzee
    In regards to Silverstone, all opposed to him should run him and his guards out of Tir as was done to Loren Warr. I am horrified by him and all of his supporters.
    Lets think about this a moment...shall we?
    Allow the Sentinels to remain the guards of Tir.
    A: Neutrals shot on sight: I have never and will never support the slaughter of innocent neutrals, nor does the organization I am affiliated with. Live and let live is the motto of more than one clan..despite what Omni-Tek would wish the neutrals would think.
    B. Center of trade is now Athen instead of Tir. Tir is the capital of the clans, where the Council of Truth is based. It seems right that all the clans should meet here to do buisness...sadly, this isnt the case anymore.

Drive the Sentinels out of Tir....
    I dont even want to think of the consequenses but here it goes..
    Rampant murders, assaults, and other crimes on a scale unheard of since the incursions by less than savory Omni elements when the original guards left Tir high and dry in the first place.
    The virtual renaming of the city to Omni-2.

Ever heard of the expression 'lesser of two evils', Quarkzee?
    Prime example right here. Not all of us see eye to eye with the Sentinels or Silverstone...but if Tir knows peace, then so be it.
    Because in the end, I dont care if the leets sprout arms and pick up Caterwaults and take up guard duty instead of scuttling about in the back yards...As long as the Omni are out of Tir, whoever is guarding our city is about as significant as a drop in the bucket.
    Hello, my name is Adan..and I was addicted to Nanokits......untill I discovered Notum Siphon CQ (tm)
    Adan Solkalibur Basso
    Nano-Technician

Armor Layout

Clan affiliated supporter of the Nanomage Liberation Front.

...and Cogs is a secret Omni-Tek employee who ordered them to put things into the water to be able to pass it off on Omni-Tek!! No one ever suspects Cogs! Wake up, people!

/me is perma-killed later. Cogs reads the eulogy.

You have a very good point, Korgee. I didn't really think about the negative consequences. It was mainly an attack on Silverstone, not the sentinels, who are just taking orders. We do need some sort of guard in Tir, like in Newland, though that in itself has problems. What I meant to say in a very long-winded way was: get a new leader for the sentinels.

....or a new great Clan in Tir. If Silverston is so war like, let him move his forces to the border and wage war on Omni.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I'm not sure how viable that is; I still think a diplomatic solution is our best bet with Silverstone. The fact is the clans will be in bad shape without his millitary strength, regardless of what some of us think about his morality. Also, just about every means of freeing Tir of the Sentinels has been tried already, and failed. Every means other than sitting down with the man and trying to work out an arrangement that benefits everyone. While it is a lot easier and more cathartic to talk about throwing him out of Tir or shipping him off to the front lines of some unwinnable war, if we're to actually work for the real benefit of the clans rather than just make poignant statements I think we need to consider a solution that hasn't yet proven to be unworkable.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    Atlantean

He refused to answer our "calls" when tried before. Of course any new opportunity can continue to be examined but talk and entreaties have not worked in the past any more than protests or gunning down his follwers.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Perhaps. One thing has changed though, and that's his willingness to participate in the Council of Truth. If nothing else, at least he can't get away with just ignoring us now.

And besides, I still maintain that an open war against Omni-Tek will be unwinnable for the clans, barring ICC support or some other equally unlikely development.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    Atlantean

Originally posted by Aerinyi
    Perhaps. One thing has changed though, and that's his willingness to participate in the Council of Truth. If nothing else, at least he can't get away with just ignoring us now.
    "I dont have the time to run the Council of Truth, let one of Galahad's fancy pants do the talking" One guess as to who said that.

And besides, I still maintain that an open war against Omni-Tek will be unwinnable for the clans, barring ICC support or some other equally unlikely development.
    Open war would also be rather pointless. Say the Clan pull themselves together, kick Omni-Tek off Rubi-Ka, you really think that is going to get you the ICC lease on Rubi-Ka?

The Clans best hope for the future is to be able to prove to the ICC that when the Omni lease on Rubi-Ka runs out, the Clans are reliable and responsible enough to be entrusted with the stewardship of the planet and notum mining operations. The re-establishment of the Council of Truth is major milestone in this process.

As we approach the final decades of the Omni-Tek lease on Rubi-Ka, the Omni-Clan conflict becomes more and more irrelevant. People need to realise this and stop living in the past.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast