Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Neutrals beware, the CoT is coming for you

Sure, I'll check the note but it will cost you one million credits.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

No problem, but your gonna have to come to Tir to get it.

Psst...I go with you if we meet her in Meetmedere.....
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Sorry, this is your request and I don't need the money. Please see one of the captains in Omni-HQ and he will direct you where to deposit the credits. After I am satisfied that the credits have been transfered, I'll call Everwatch and ask her if the sign is still there or not.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

No request..i was just wondering.

- Mistress?
    - Uh?
    - You.. you have something... Meta points a finger to April's back
    - What? what do you want?
    April reaches to her back, and feels a piece of paper sticked to the fabric. She grabs it and reads it. She frowns as she reads
    "I sell propaganda for 4 credits"
    - Goddamnit .
    April "Everwatch" Garasha

General of the ~ Society of Salvation ~, RP omni org on Atlantean
    Leader of the DART - Department of Acquisitions, Raids and Training, the military branch of the SoS.

Feel free to contact me for events and application to the DART.

Originally posted by Legaron
    I myself do not approve of the way that the Sentinels behave towards Neutrals.
    But you have to admit, this is the only thing that is bad about them. For the rest of it i do not see anything that they do to be bad for clanners.
    Isn't that a bit like saying about someone "He beats his wife, but other than that he is an okay chap." ?

You may also consider this. So the Assembly sided with the Sentinels. That does not necessarily imply the Sentinels will side with Assembly. What do you think will happen when Sivlerstone begins to suspect you are soft on the Neutral issue?

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Isn't that a bit like saying about someone "He beats his wife, but other than that he is an okay chap." ?

You may also consider this. So the Assembly sided with the Sentinels. That does not necessarily imply the Sentinels will side with Assembly. What do you think will happen when Sivlerstone begins to suspect you are soft on the Neutral issue?
    That is just it and well said Savoy...

Another point I would like to make is that there are more than the Sentinels that believe in a strong offensive and warlike approach in regards to how to deal with Omni and Do Not have a hatred for neutrals.

So why not choose to support one of these clans that more resemble your stance?

"He beats his wife, but other than that he is an okay chap." ?

Is a perfect display of how hipocritical First Light's (or any other Clan that sates non-aggression to neutrals) support of the Sentinels is. If you can't see that, how are we as neutrals supposed to trust and not fear for our safety in the time to come?
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

I agree with both Cyani and Savoy here. There are other Clans militant against Omni without the taint of being murderous thugs beating on Neutral travelers.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

And all this criticism coming from Omni representatives, who support mr. Phillip Ross....who said "As long as the neutrals toe the line, and behave, Omni-Tek will tolerate them"........
    Just who are you calling hypocrites?
    Your so-called concern sickens me....when it suits you you come here spewing your gall at those supportign the Sentinel Clan. The next moment you might find Omni-Tek happily killing away anyone obstructing the corporate view, even their own....in the name of the corporation.
    To Omni-Tek I say this: Clean up your own backyard, show in action that you respect life and rights on a day to day basis.
    To the Neutrals: Remember the statements made by mr. Ross...you are left in peace as long as you play along, like nice lil subjects.

To the Clans: Forget not our ancestors and their fight and pledge.
    Take this opportunity to unite behind the common flag of CoT, and make a stand against Omni-Tek and the Corporation.
    It is time to call a spade a spade....our beef is with OT....let us use the CoT to further our cause, and go down the road of trial and error until we have a tool that is capable of deliverance!

Long live the CoT.

*edit* Cerberus have pledged support to the Knights Clan, just FYI *edit*
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

What my clan voted or not voted is of no ones concern but our own. Keep your snide comments to yourself. They are not appreciated, and not wanted.

Originally posted by Tussa
    What my clan voted or not voted is of no ones concern but our own. Keep your snide comments to yourself. They are not appreciated, and not wanted.
    That might have been true when the Assembly was just a commercial venture. But you are in politics now, you are a public figure. Everything you do or say from now on will be scrutinised and studied of its potential political relevance, just as with Ross, Radiman or Silverstone.

Welcome to the big time.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Who are you again? Oh right....that Omni-Tek employee who can't seem to keep to her own turf. I don't care what you think of me or my clan. It's really none of anyones business but our own.

Originally posted by Savoy

What do you think will happen when Sivlerstone begins to suspect you are soft on the Neutral issue?

Savoy
    This was directed to Assembly, but I'll take it for my own. If Silverstone extend his control of other cities, and deal with the same policy against neutrals; if Silverstone lead actions into neutral territories just to break some legs, then he'll lose First Light's support. We'll join another affiliation. As simple as that.

You seem all to forget that :
    - representative governments are based on a majority. This body isn't fossilized but moving and fluctuating.

- Sentinels have a minor majority for now, but who said it will be the same with 30 clans ? 50 ? 75 ? The CoT is a work in progress for now, grip that in your head.

- if indeed, the clans are affiliating themselves with one of the nine 'big' clans, you forget on the contrary that the 'big' clans should with the most care listen to their supporters. This is the way First Light will work on the Sentinels, to improve the neuts issue.
    You find it stupid, you find unrealistic. Fine. This is how you think.
    Sometimes, a small voice can change lot of things.

- you didn't ask you the only pertinent question, in my opinion. Why ? Why what used to be diplomatic clans, ready to discuss with the opposite side, suddenly turned radicals. Did it happen in a *snap* ?
    Does it have a link with the reinforcment of the OT mining operations -excuse me : military and mining operations- in Mort, Perpetual Wastelands, Aegean, Wailing Wastes, Athen shire, etc.. ? Did it make these clanners open their eyes and wonder "Is that with this kind of people we are supposed to discuss ?"

Maybe it has a link indeed.

Of course these questions, and the ones about how work representation in a clannic structure are far from your consideration you-little-loyal-employees-to-Mr-Ross

So you can chose to keep a slandering up like Nevver, the little bee who sticks her needle, distill her poison in the wound, but hopefully can't harm anybody.
    I respect you Savoy, most of your ideas used to be pertinent and still are, just stop the hoax.
    Last edited by Enrima Orender; Apr 26th, 2004 at 20:44:35.
    Emilia Enrima Orender, fixer of First Light
    "Whole idea on fixer is being fast, hard to hit. hard to catch and sleazy person in every way. If rooting gives you edge, do it. If u need to chain root, do it. In pvp u use every tool given to you. You are not a knight in shining armor, you are a gangster and thief. You sure dont have to play fair." Snowlion

You tell him, Tussa! Don't let that nosey Cogs tell you what to do!
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

*hangs her head*

The derision coming from the neutrals and Omni-Tek is to be expected...but from a clerical staff member was most...well...i'd be lying if I said that we didn't expect that as well. Should we then pledge our allegiance to the knights and follow your lead to be popular with you, Cathern? I would certainly hope that you would let us be our own clan without outside influences, lest we be no different than Omni-Tek. I suppose I could be wrong, but nothing you've mentioned has supported our decision in any way and it saddens me personally. I have not mentioned once, your choice, regardless of how I feel about the Knights. I would expect reciprocation, but once again, people will continue to prove my hopes futile.

Cyani, I have always been nice whenever we've been around each other but your hatred for our decision makes me ashamed of your inability to see another point of view and find the good in things. Again, reciprocation is to be expected, but not mandatory. We don't expect you to like our decision but like the Sentinels, we will prove ourselves with action and not words.

Savoy...*sigh* Your words are there so you can see them on some form of media. They provide little else other than speculation and conjecture. Stop wasting our time as each of your words are a stain on blessed silence, which would be much more personally appreciated should you offer it. ((*wink*))

---------------------------------------

Clans of the CoT, and especially those who choose action over words, we must protect that which has taken months to create. These Omni are here to cause more unsettling in our fledgling government by creating accusations, promoting anarchy in our ranks and furthering the goal of Mr. Ross. It is a shame that some here have fallen prey to their rhetoric already and let their views cloud their vision when it should focus on the Council itself and not petty infighting based on their personal beliefs.

Those that support the Sentinels, we must stand together in this. We must not falter in our conviction for the sake of popularity. I offer my personal support to the Council and to those who have bravely stepped forward to support action regardless of how demonized you would become.

Thank you Cogs, for weighing in with such truth as you normally do. It is very appreciated.

-Taren "Astera" Gorslin

I've been vocal against Silverstone since the day he became dictator of Tir. I refuse to even wear his brand of armor, my convictions are so strong against the taint he lays on the Clans.

You know me Taren. You know I'd just as soon slay an Omni as speak to her. I will not back down against Silverstone as long as his PRIMARY enemy is the neutrals. I will no longer raise arms against the Sents as I once did, and I will treat them with respect within the chambers of our CoT building. But your sorely mistaken if you think I will suddenly embrace somone who would rather destroy Neutrals than Omni. OMNI is the real enemy, not a handful of independents, undecideds, and neo-cultist nanomage wackos. They are a side show. What a waste of great power to direct it at the Neutral community.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Cathern,

I will then offer you what you have not offered us. Respect for your decision and the freedom to pursue it without judgement.

-Taren

-Sentinel Supporter -and- Neut Friendly. Now with 100% fewer moral conundrums involved!

Dont see how you can support the one that is going to beat your friend down. Is that how you view me Taren? Are you my friend? Will you hire somone to kill your friend? Do you treat all your friends like this?

I think I'm wasting my breath. I can't make the leap of imagination I suppose.......lets try some of these....

Anti-terrorist but supporter of the Dust Brigrade

Vegetarian...but proud sponser of Mongol Meat stands

Animal rights activist...but darn don't this bronto hide leather look good on me!

Fixer-grid the best form of transportation.....but I drive a Kodiak everywhere.

Hmm...none of those make sense either.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Originally posted by Astera
    Cyani, I have always been nice whenever we've been around each other but your hatred for our decision makes me ashamed of your inability to see another point of view and find the good in things. Again, reciprocation is to be expected, but not mandatory. We don't expect you to like our decision but like the Sentinels, we will prove ourselves with action and not words.

-Taren "Astera" Gorslin

Where my I ask did I display any resemblence of hatred for your descision? I merely stated the hipocracy of it all... and the fact we as neutrals should be concerned.

As far as my inability to see another point of view.. I apologize and please correct me if I am wrong.. but the Sentinels point of view is very clear and has been stated many times by Simon Silverstone.

By embracing the Sentinels and garnering their support it paints a vivid picture regardless of your contrasting statements as to your vow to support neutrals.

I suppose I have not much to worry.. one of two things will happen. Simon will disavow your support of the Sentinels and you will be forced to choose another affiliation due to your stance regarding neutrals.... or you will change you stance regarding neutrals in order to appease Simon and continue your affiliation with them.

I have no hatred for First Light or their discision.. Dissapointment yes.. much much dissapointment.. You tend to have the inability to take a moment to wear my shoes and fear my future of a Sentinel majority influenced CoT.

~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast