Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Neutrals beware, the CoT is coming for you

Ms. Durousseau,

What if there were no hypothetical questions? You ask of a future none of us are sure of when you speak of Sentinel expansion. I cannot possibly be expected to be able to see the future, can I? Our stance is firm and our guild is united for this cause. Im sorry, this is all I can offer you...other than this...

Back by popular demand, the same thing, a third time.

----The fact is, that First Light still wishes for Tir to be free for neutrals but in light of the recent unyeilding attacks on Clan holdings by Omni-Tek, we feel that WAR is the only solution at this time. Should that change, we will then switch affiliation, as discussed by First Light.

Our guild charter specifically states that we will protect the neutrals right to be neutral and to come to their defense should they be persecuted for their political stance. -----

Regards,

Taren "Astera" Gorslin

And if and when Silverstone asks for your support to destroy the peoples of Borealis or Newland...'cause thats where HIS enemy is.....
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

*sighs softly and smiles*

Ms. Flowers,

Again, we will not sway or falter in our conviction for the sake of popularity. Silverstone has never actively hunted and killed neuts and to answer your question about would we do this for him, I can only say...

*chuckles*

----The fact is, that First Light still wishes for Tir to be free for neutrals but in light of the recent unyeilding attacks on Clan holdings by Omni-Tek, we feel that WAR is the only solution at this time. Should that change, we will then switch affiliation, as discussed by First Light.

Our guild charter specifically states that we will protect the neutrals right to be neutral and to come to their defense should they be persecuted for their political stance. -----

I will gladly post this more until it is understood.

Regards,

Taren "Astera" Gorslin

Originally posted by Astera
    Mr. Houston,

I have to agree with Tussa. First Light would make an excellent home for one as gifted with speaking ability as yourself. Please contact Lyricia for an interview, and good luck. Hope to see you within our ranks soon.
    Even if it were possible I have to decline your......offer. Omni-Tek has time and time again extended attempts to reason with the Clans. Time and time again, those efforts fall on deaf ears. Deaf because they choose to or deaf because the millitants such as the Sentinels clamor too loudly for violence remains to be seen. If you feel that killing will solve all your problems. Go ahead and ignore a little thing called insurance terminals. Ignore it like you have ignored anything that dosen't lead to war and justify your bloodthirst.

That is no atmosphere that I will want to work under. It is strangely oppressive and freedom restricting to only be allowed to think of war.

Miss Godfray, propaganda? You are speaking to the wrong person about that.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Good grief...the council of truth has just started out and already everyone is going crazy over it.
    I would like to say that also in our organisation everyone was against the attacking of neutrals in Tir wich was one of the main reasons why people did not want to vote on the sentinels. But i really think that Omni-tek employees such as Savoy are scared because of the CoT's choice to choose for the Sentinels and thus crying out on the neutrals shoulders for help and support....well...boohoo.
    We as clans have always had the disadvantage not to have the fancy armor and fancy guards that Omni-tek has had for several years. With choosing the Sentinels we do. We did not choose the sentinels because we hate Neutrals to be in our teritory. we chose the sentinels because we were tired of Omni-tek attacking our teritory.

The new Council of Truth is based on an affiliation of 20 Clans who have a choices who are answered by votes and i truelly do not believe that any clanner would vote on attacking Neutral teritories and if the choice would be up for them to make sure that no neutrals were to be attacked when entering Clan teritory we all know that they would vote on that too.

Savoy, Im very sorry but your gonna have to go cry on Phillips shoulder again.

The reason people are making a big deal of this vote is becasue this is the first time we have some firm numbers to gauge Clan popular opinion.

For a long time we've been hearing Clan spokesmen lament the presence of the Sentinels in Tir and condemn Silverstone's policies on Neutrals. By and large we had no way to measure how united or committed the Clans in this respect.

The shocking aspect of this vote is how many Clans publicly deemed to be Neutral friendly have chosen to side with the Sentinles. What is the reason for this u-turn in policy? Was this out of ignorance about what the Sentinels stand for? Was it that the Neutral have done something to provoke the Clans? No, the reason given is fear, fear of Omni-Tek. All it took was for Omni-Tek to wrestle back a few high-output mining facilites and all your principles, your charters and aspirations went straight out of the window.

It's easy to have principles when the going is smooth. The real test of character is when things get a little rocky.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

i think i just said that...

let me try and repeat that in a different way.

-The sentinels are probably the Only Clan who are strong enough and willing to take on Omni-Tek.

-The Clan organisations [guilds] have lots of members, the thoughts of those people differ too. If the leaders of those organisations do not aprove of the sentinels ways, but the other 75% does. Then the vote goes for the sentinels, NOT JUST WHAT THE LEADER WANTS (wich shows from your first quotes of statements made by leaders of organisations).

This is called democracy within an organisation. I perfectly understand why you may not share my view on this since you are living under the power of a Coorporation that does not encourage democracy. But that does not make our decisions unjust because we do.

Originally posted by Legaron
    The Clan organisations [guilds] have lots of members, the thoughts of those people differ too. If the leaders of those organisations do not aprove of the sentinels ways, but the other 75% does. Then the vote goes for the sentinels, NOT JUST WHAT THE LEADER WANTS (wich shows from your first quotes of statements made by leaders of organisations).
    ... if they pay the protection money, otherwise, they'll have their legs broken.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Nevver
    ... if they pay the protection money, otherwise, they'll have their legs broken.
    Protection money? you lost me there...

No payment means no membership. You either pay or you are not protected by the Council of Tolls. Sounds like racketeering to me.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

(I just got to say...OMGZ! Look at all the stuff going on...what a boost for RPers on Rubi-ka! Finally something to really sink our teeth into!)

Every day more Clans have been expressing an interest in joining the CoT. It is very good to see this and the Sents may loose thire domminence. We shall see.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Of course they are gaining interest, Vixentrox. Strong-arming has that effect.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

quote:
    "No payment means no membership. You either pay or you are not protected by the Council of Tolls. Sounds like racketeering to me."

Ok, ill say this for the thrid time now...everyone listen up so i wont have to say it again please.

I AM MORE THAN WILLING TO PAY FOR ANYONE WHO CAN NOT AFFORD BECOMING A MEMBER OF THE CoT.

Thankfully i'm not defending First Light any more, but i'd like to take a moment to poke my fingers through some holes in your propaganda that Tussa mentioned, if I may, Mr. Houston.

Originally posted by Kithrak

Miss Godfray, propaganda? You are speaking to the wrong person about that.

Omni-Tek has time and time again extended attempts to reason with the Clans. Time and time again, those efforts fall on deaf ears. Deaf because they choose to or deaf because the millitants such as the Sentinels clamor too loudly for violence remains to be seen.

That is no atmosphere that I will want to work under. It is strangely oppressive and freedom restricting to only be allowed to think of war.
    I did mix some things around for everyone to see the propaganda that you do preach, sir. I think this makes more sense. Propaganda is to voice an idea to sway to your point of view but then make the people feel good about it. While i'm not the best, I can only speak from truth, I do see through your words also.

I would like to say that I see where this discussion is going. I can only say that it takes two sides to have a war and furious debate hasn't saved any of our mines...ever.

Certainly smarter people than myself or even the great Kithrak have stood on their soap boxes and preached enough through the years, so I leave you with this:

"Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words." - Alfred Adler

Regards,

-Taren

Originally posted by Legaron
    I AM MORE THAN WILLING TO PAY FOR ANYONE WHO CAN NOT AFFORD BECOMING A MEMBER OF THE CoT.
    Buying influence does seem to be the Clan way. If nothing else, you're consistent.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Just going on the record as a clan leader opposed to the Sentinels. This is from my post on another thread that was beacon warped..

EDIT: Unity of the Rose is not currently a member of the New CoT.

Originally posted by Szentasha
    It is my understanding that the New Council of Truth intends to put the weight of its support behind the Sentinels. My first days of memory on RubiKa recall a lively and vibrant city of Tir. It was the center of clan life on RubiKa. Contrast that to Tir today having been for so long under the control of the Sentinels. Tir is a ghost town. The shops and pubs of Tir are empty. Why? Because the clan chooses to live in a free society. Not a society under the oppressive control of those like the Sentinels. With the support of the New Council of Truth, it is my fear the the Sentinels will expand their influence to other cities.

This is the warning I offer the New Council of Truth... Learn the lessons of the past! The Clan live for Freedom! We will not live under the tyranny of the Sentinels or the New Council. We are free and independent peoples. On a very personal level .. West Athens is my home. If the New Council attempts to bring West Athens under the control of the Sentinels I will give my last pint of blood to oppose them.
    Last edited by Szentasha; Apr 26th, 2004 at 14:27:41.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Nevver ->
    If you dont aprove of the methods because its bad for clanners then it should be good for you in the first place...so the only reason you are saying this stuff is to get clanners to change their opinion about being a clanner in the first place...wich around my place we call propaganda.

Now i might be wrong. I dont have all the answers.

Im not buying any influence. Im just giving those who do not have the one million credits the chance to be heared in the Council of Truth and also have a vote in saying.
    Thats not buying influence. Its called giving so others can have some influence. *smiles*
    In your case it seems you wouldnt even pay for yourself to have influence on your comunity. Here i am paying for others to also have an influence and you call it buying influence?
    Im paying others so they can have a say in the CoT even if its not the same choice i would take. Please check your accusations before you go to court.

Szentasha ->

You've got a wonderfull organisation. But I have to disagree on you on this matter. I myself do not approve of the way that the Sentinels behave towards Neutrals.
    But you have to admit, this is the only thing that is bad about them. For the rest of it i do not see anything that they do to be bad for clanners.
    [ooc: Tir is a ghost town yes. Have you been to newland lately? Have you been to Avalon? Have you been to Bliss? Have you been to Stret West bank? alright maybe The last 3 never were that crowded. but i sure know Newland was much more crowded if not as crowded as Tir. And it sure isnt because the sentinels came here. I was there when the Sentinels arived. Noone moved out of tir. it was just as crowded as before. its since the shadowlands expansion that cities like Newland and Tir have become Ghost towns. Trust me i really loved lagging myself into the water while trying to walk over the bridge, and i really miss getting stuck inside the FT because the server outside was too crowded. But that Tir is ghost town now has nothing to do with Sentinels. ]

"Propaganda?" What's that?

Nevver smiles innocently.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

*nods to legaron*

I grew up in Tir, I remember the hundreds of clanners outside looking for teams to run ops. There was no greater concentration of clanners than in Tir...BEFORE the portals opened.

They didn't force us away, we moved out of necessity..not because of the Sentinels. While I may have that cave of a Clan apartment in West Athen, my heart is in Tir.

<Edit> Tasha has inspired me. Tonight, im moving my apartment to the place I arrived. Tir Backyard 1. ((hopefully those apartment applications aren't bugged or anything LOL))<edit>

-Taren
    Last edited by Astera; Apr 26th, 2004 at 15:05:02.

Originally posted by Nevver
    "Propaganda?" What's that?

Nevver smiles innocently.
    You should ask everwatch, seems she knows all about it.
    Oh and while your with her, could you check if that note is still stuck on her back? thanks *winks*

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast