Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Neutrals beware, the CoT is coming for you

Neutrals beware, the CoT is coming for you

Just over two months ago, the Newland City Council announced its intention to remove the Warr mercenaries from Newland City and allow Clans back into their city. The Warrs had been invited into Newland as a reaction to of the Sentinel's banning neutrals from Tir and Silverstone's threats about taking over Newland itself.

At the time there was much debate as to whether by unilaterally backing down the Newland City Council might be able to restore better relations between Clan and Neutrals or whether it would be taken as a sign of weakness by the Clans. You can read Neutral Détente Revives Debate over the Sentinels’ Occupation of Tir for more details.

In the light of the Sentinel's overwhelming support within the new Council of Truth (9/20 Clans supported the Sentinels on the Atlanean Chamber), it is clear that Newland City's gamble has failed. The Clans have indeed interpreted Newland's unilateral gesture as an unconditional surrender. Without the Warrs enforcing a ban on Clanners in Newland City, the Clans have no more incentive to remove the Sentinels from Tir.

What is perhaps most disturbing is that specific Clans once viewed as Neutral friendly have now sided with the Sentinels. Clan Arion has sided with the Sentinles, despite its leader, Fixerben, is one of the most outspoken critics of Silverstone and has often gone into battle against the Sentinels in Tir.

Fixerben went on the record as recently as Feb 19th stating:
    "As I stated in other threads I am firmly against most of the beliefs that Silverstone and his men hold. I also have gone as far as to send back to reclaim or otherwise incapacitate his lackeys for various reasons. While some people could call me a traitor to the Clans, I feel as if I am doing exactly what the Clans set out to do. "

Likewise First Light declared for the Sentinel, when only two months ago its leader Lyricia claimed about Silverstone:
    "I think he is an extremist who wants the galaxy to see him as the only government of the clans. He really needs to be out of Tir and back in his crater in Mort.” And went on to say she'd support any move to remove the Sentinels from Tir in order to “Give Tir back to the peace-loving clans.”

The fact of the matter is that while for many months now various prominent Clans spokesmen have been condemning the Sentinels actions in Tir against the Neutrals and doing their best to make the rest of the world believe that Sivlerstone is not supported by most Clanners, the vote shows a very different picture.

These look like very dangerous times for the Neutral communities on Rubi-Ka. And if you think I am a lot of fuss over nothing, let me leave you with a quote from Simon Silverstone himself:
    "“I have absolutely no tolerance for people who lack the guts to have an opinion, and stand by it. It’s cowardly, weak, and completely dishonorable. I loathe the neutral, even more so than the Omnis. At least they believe in something.”

This sentiment echoed by Daimoness in chilling statement "We also believe that Neutrals no longer have a place among us. They have been sitting on the fence for too long. The time is now to decide - either they will be with us, or they are with the enemy."

Neutrals, beware.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: The NLF will not take sides in a battle created to blind people. If Mr. Silverstone wishes to threaten the Neutral community, he does it at his own risk. Uncalled bloodletting has always been the curse of this planet, and that does not seem to change, no matter who is in the limelight.

Due to the fact that the Sentinels have now gained most support, I have no doubt they will become a priority target to anyone willing to see some sense put into this world. To the Clans who so foolishly believe in the efforts of someone who knows nothing but misguided Hatred, I say, living with the choice you have made will not be an easy task.
    Daniel "Cobrian" Tinander
    Priest of the Meta-Physical Order
    My Roleplaying Profile

I think it's significant that 11/20 in the Atlantean chamber did not side with Silverstone, though the Sentinels may have indeed gotten more support as a whole than any other single major Clan.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    I think it's significant that 11/20 in the Atlantean chamber did not side with Silverstone, though the Sentinels may have indeed gotten more support as a whole than any other single major Clan.
    Perhaps. But this would matter if the CoT were able to create a coalition government. Based on the information reported by the IRRK, the CoT seems to be structured on a winner take all format.

Originally posted by Editor: IRRK
    Simon Silverstone, the leader of the Sentinel clan refused to take leadership of the Council of Truth in spite of winning today's election.
    What is most disturbing to me is that a majority of the clans (who, all told, still comprise a minority of all voting clans. This is the tyranny of democracy.) elected an individual to leadership who left the original Council of Truth when the majority opinion no longer matched his. Moreover, early indicators suggested that he would not even take the position of leadership.

Now, someone who holds an even smaller majority finds himself or herself in the position of power. I don’t envy the new speaker, once they are formally swore in.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Originally posted by Marisha
    Perhaps. But this would matter if the CoT were able to create a coalition government. Based on the information reported by the IRRK, the CoT seems to be structured on a winner take all format.
    This is not true, though it might seem so given the popular perception that the speaker of the council is some sort of dictator or controlling figure. The reality is that the council is still a democratic body, and the speaker does not have the power to do whatever he or she will without the council's approval. One clan under Silverstone, this is not.

That said, I must regretfully advise neutral citizens to continue to steer clear of Tir.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

I, too, am very curious about the sudden change of heart in several Clans. I can't help but wonder what caused the Sentinel's most vocal opponents to support him...

Originally posted by Autumnleaves
    I, too, am very curious about the sudden change of heart in several Clans. I can't help but wonder what caused the Sentinel's most vocal opponents to support him...
    Free mining equipment? I seem to remember it was the Sentinels who control the Clan mining equipment.

Savoy

I doubt that. There are a lot of things one could call Silverstone, but a trafficker in bribes is not one of them. If he were inclined to engage in political corruption and double dealing he's had many opportunities in the past to do so.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Re: Neutrals beware, the CoT is coming for you

Originally posted by Savoy
    This sentiment echoed by Daimoness in chilling statement "We also believe that Neutrals no longer have a place among us. They have been sitting on the fence for too long. The time is now to decide - either they will be with us, or they are with the enemy."

Neutrals, beware.

Savoy
    A reminder to the Neutral community of Omni-Tek's role in helping them organize a political effort to remove Loren Warr and her Hired Thugs which led to the formation of the Newland Militia. We did our part to maintain their neutrality. It is sad that outside forces were so quick to attempt to force the Neutrals into giving it back up so soon.

I have made preliminary attempts to send an Omni delegation of private citizens to congratulate the Clans on their newfound unity but a very ardent anti-Omni supporter managed to prevent us from making that gesture of good faith right before the meeting to ensure the millitant Clan's victory. To that warmonger, I sincearly hope you are happy with successfully manipulating the democratic process and fledgeling Council of Truth.

Many within Omni-Tek have had a long history of aiding the Neutrals in the past and we will be happy to aid them again. If my services are needed by the Neutrals they need only ask for assistance. In the meanwhile I suggest that both parties (Neutral, Omni) reexamine their city's security and brace them for the coming flood of Clan millitancy.

Regards,
    Administrator Houston
    Omni-Admin
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

*sigh*

Once again, the ugly head of the uninformed propaganda machine rears. Savoy, while Lyricia genuinely likes you, I can say with complete honesty...I genuinely dislike you and dream of one day finding you in low suppression.

While I dont speak for the others...I do speak for First Light (on this issue)and must answer your latest spewing.

"Likewise First Light declared for the Sentinel, when only two months ago its leader Lyricia claimed about Silverstone:
    "I think he is an extremist who wants the galaxy to see him as the only government of the clans. He really needs to be out of Tir and back in his crater in Mort.” And went on to say she'd support any move to remove the Sentinels from Tir in order to “Give Tir back to the peace-loving clans.”

The fact of the matter is that while for many months now various prominent Clans spokesmen have been condemning the Sentinels actions in Tir against the Neutrals and doing their best to make the rest of the world believe that Sivlerstone is not supported by most Clanners, the vote shows a very different picture."

Oh how easy it is to focus entirely on one group but I will not stand while you use my leader and org in such a negative light.

Should you have taken a moment to ask, you would have found that First Light was split, dead even with this vote. Terra Firma or Sentinels. There was a minor amount of friction in the guild over this but the final vote to arrive was in favor of the Sentinels.

Asking would not further the ignorance that you preach, would it? Why not group us as "neutral killers" instead? Its far easier, I agree.

The fact is, that First Light still wishes for Tir to be free for neutrals but in light of the recent unyeilding attacks on Clan holdings by Omni-Tek, we feel that WAR is the only solution at this time. Should that change, we will then switch affiliation, as discussed by First Light.

Our guild charter specifically states that we will protect the neutrals right to be neutral and to come to their defense should they be persecuted for their political stance. As of this moment, I cannot think of any time where Silverstone has actively hunted down neutrals...he just doesn't allow them in Tir. Lets keep facts straight.

You also fail to realize that the whole of the CoT is built upon DIFFERENT opinions of the Clans and again, while we support war as the only option, we will not sit by and watch Sents kill neuts.

Please do not reply unless you have further questions and not accusations about First Light (though im not sure I can make it any more clear). Otherwise, please feel free to spread your propaganda, however foolish.

NOW, I will go out on a Limb and guess(ugh) that this is likely a view shared by most of the clans in support of the sentinels. Well....maybe not about the neutrals but I am almost certain that we are all tired of the constant attacks and loss.

"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin

Best Regards,

Taren "Astera" Gorslin
    First Light
    Last edited by Astera; Apr 25th, 2004 at 23:27:05.

Originally posted by Astera
    *sigh*

Once again, the ugly head of the uninformed propaganda machine rears. Savoy, while Lyricia genuinely likes you, I can say with complete honesty...I genuinely dislike you and dream of one day finding you in low suppression.
    Oh I understand. You don't agree with what I have to say so you want to shoot me. I mean, why try to have an meaningful exchange of ideas when guns are so much more eloquent? I start to see where this affinity with the Sentinels stems from.

I really don't care how close the vote was within First Light. Simon Silverstone is a monster, a tyrant, an extermist, a fascist, a butcher. And this is not just me talking, this is effectively the message clanners such as yourself, such as Lyricia, Vixentrox, Aerinyi, Fixerben, Nelida, and countless others have been preaching for months. That even a single vote should have gone in favour of the Sentinels is shameful.

There is only one major Clan that is openly denies the Neutrals right to exist. Of all the Major Clans, this is the one you chose to support, even despite the good intentions spelled out in your charter.

I am sorry, but selling out the Neutrals and your principles just because you are running scared of Omni at the moment is just a sign of moral bankruptcy and I suspect its something you will bitterly regret one day.

Savoy
    Last edited by Savoy; Apr 25th, 2004 at 23:53:24.

ah...see?

Meaningful exchange of ideas... propaganda. No where in that claptrap did you once mention that you talked to lyricia about her stance. You instead, choose to assume and group us as "selling out neuts" when I clearly stated in the previous message, our stance.

Im sorry, Savoy. I see through your brand of BS clear as day and while im vindicated in my defense of First Light, you further prove yourself a closed minded propaganda tool, and not a very good one at that.

Warmest Regards,

Taren "Astera" Gorslin

Easy there you two. Savoy was right with Simon and the Sentinel Clan. They're openly anti-Neutral(and Omni of course) with the large number of Clans supporting them right now the Neutrals have a right to be informaed at least slightly concerned of what happens.

Right now they're merely questioning the conflicting messages the Clans are sending out. On one hand they say they are democratic and open to new ideas. On the other hand the hardline Sentinels, closed to new ideas got the most number of council votes. But their main concerns are not mindless propaganda. Those are the reasonable concerns of some of the least millitant people I have known with regards to the Omni/Clan conflict.

Astera, killing Savoy won't help matters and you'll only suceed in verifying that their worries and fears were justified when the miracle of reclaim technology is reaffirmed as working.

Regards,
    Administrator Houston

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Your aware that Omni are a SECONDARY enemy Tarren? His primary efforts and hatered is agaist the Neutrals. Not the corporation. A shame to see that First Light also thinks that the Neutrals are a bigger threat than Omni. Will we be seeing First Light cracking Neutral skulls in preference over Omni I wonder? I hope not.
    Last edited by Vixentrox; Apr 26th, 2004 at 00:51:29.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Mr. Houston,

The message is clear from First Light. We support action against Omni Tek. Every other Sentinel supporting clan should be asked how they feel before they are lumped together. Maybe I should have not stated my utter dislike for Ms Savoy, but I rarely swallow my words these days. Sending her to reclaim is merely a dream anyway....living out a fantasy now that I seem to have an audience. Forgive me, I was lost in the moment. After all, we are a passionate enemy, are we not?

Ms. Flowers,

My only response to the...*laughs* statement "A shame to see that First Light also thinks that the Neutrals are a bigger threat than Omni. Will we be seeing First Light cracking Neutral skulls in preference over Omni I wonder?"

I do not want to categorize you in the same area as Savoy. Please re read my initial post or see below for your answers as they were CLEARLY written. I will not argue that point any further.

----The fact is, that First Light still wishes for Tir to be free for neutrals but in light of the recent unyeilding attacks on Clan holdings by Omni-Tek, we feel that WAR is the only solution at this time. Should that change, we will then switch affiliation, as discussed by First Light.

Our guild charter specifically states that we will protect the neutrals right to be neutral and to come to their defense should they be persecuted for their political stance. -----

Sincerely,

Taren "Astera" Gorslin

Mr. Houston,

The message is clear from First Light. We support action against Omni Tek. Every other Sentinel supporting clan should be asked how they feel before they are lumped together. Maybe I should have not stated my utter dislike for Ms Savoy, but I rarely swallow my words these days. Sending her to reclaim is merely a dream anyway....living out a fantasy now that I seem to have an audience. Forgive me, I was lost in the moment. After all, we are a passionate enemy, are we not?
    Give me a chance to speak to the Council and to hear you out. War should never be the only option. As you have clearly mentioned to not lump all Sentinel supporting Clan together don't the rest of Rubi-Ka, the Neutrals and Omni-Tek deserve a chance to engage in a dialogue before you, the Clans decide to take action that could possibly harm countless innocents?

Well..Taren...you support a great Clan that belives in taking out the neutrals first. By defualt, you must tend to agree as well. If you DID NOT...then you chose the wrong person to support I'm afraid.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Originally posted by Kithrak
    Give me a chance to speak to the Council and to hear you out.
    Sure. Just fill out this clan application form. Name goes at the bottom.

If not...shoo. The council is not a venue for Omni-Tek employees. It's for clanners. Use other means to spew your propaganda.

Sincerely,

Jenae Godfray

Our guild charter specifically states that we will protect the neutrals right to be neutral and to come to their defense should they be persecuted for their political stance.
    Like when they enter Tir? What if the Sentinels expand their zone of control now that they are the controlling minority? Since the vote was so close, did half your membership not read your charter? Okay, the last was unfair, but I’m curious about the prior two.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Mr. Houston,

I have to agree with Tussa. First Light would make an excellent home for one as gifted with speaking ability as yourself. Please contact Lyricia for an interview, and good luck. Hope to see you within our ranks soon.

*smiles*

[edited "unfortunately"...didnt mean to put that there]

Ms. Flowers,

As previously mentioned, the CoT is built upon the foundation of disagreeing clans. While we support the Sentinels in ACTION against Omni, we do not support Mr. Silverstones hate of neutrals. It's as simple as that. Our guild voted democratically for this and we are prepared to defend our stance with truth and conviction that has always guided those in First Light. We will not sway or falter in our beliefs for the sake of popularity, Ms. Flowers. I certainly agree with and appreciate your concern for our neut friends, which is why I have defended our stance today.

Sincerely,

Taren "Astera" Gorslin
    Last edited by Astera; Apr 26th, 2004 at 02:43:38.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast