Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Static Dungeon Spawn Time Discussion

Blocking spawn? She was AFK damnit. Since when became it illegal to go afk in a zone. I'll tell you when - when Storm got told that the zone would reset when it was empty.

Please point out what chars we blocked spawn with. I would really like to know.
    ~Lone

I'd like to see some rare items in dungeons be distributed via missions.

For instance maybe to get the torturing tool you have to kill 2 torturers that spawn randomly in the dungeon. in addition to having it drop off morgan.

Then you turn in their items to one of the knights and they give you a tool.

Honestly i would love to see small missions for some nice stuff. nothing grand or game changing. Just something

As it is right now its just a lewt fest

I would like to see more interactivity and mission drops in dungeons than just loot drops. But nothing that requires you to camp an inordinate amount of time to get

The downside of decreasing times to 30 mins on all mobs???

Well it turns out like you say Cosmik and things arent worth having them. What to do then????

Well just make a whole new set with new items with a 2 hour spawn time. How hard is that? It solves the problems now and gives you breathing room to get things in. You are just trying to buy time till the expansion comes anyways, why not make the 99% happy who will be the majority of your buyers. These are the people you should be caring about. The ubers will make it as long as you keep adding content. Heck we get along as long as we get new loot so why not just make it easier so we are more happy :OP

Also I have been thinking about dungeon keys.

SoM, Biomare, and Smugglers Dungeon have no reason why they shouldnt have key dispensers for them. They have NO meaning and have no loot worth protecting from becoming too common.

Camelot is different in nature. It should stay one single spawn and just increase the spawn times of the bosses to 30 minutes. If neccesary the dungeon could be spawned with a key but it would be a special copy that doesnt have the top end lot (ie. Coat, GSufferance, Hood, The Edge, Aura Magnifier, or a few others.) Basicallky giving an on the spot challenge to players while still providing the lesser loot dragon pieces and tool for the people just wanting to see what its about without competition.

blahhh I need to stop. I can talk about this all day, and likely will :OP

Blahhh Noer

You have admitted your guild did it before when your members where announcing what they where doing. Now you guys don't want to look bad so you say you have stopped and are not doing it.

Blahhh

You guys did it and even threatened Storm you would do it again if we didnt share the spawn with The Council and keep all other Omnis out while you guys kept all clanners out and the loot would be split 3 for Storm 1 for The Council. Yet we told you guys to stick it up your omni arse and the blocking began again :O(

BTW if you dont believe me then ask other Storm Officers. We had a 2 minute discussion on whether you guys should get loot :OP HEHEHE it took Wolfe 1 minute and 59 seconds to type it all out and 1 sec for us all to say stick that proposal up their arse!

I ask you to look at our roster. The person that did this is not in the guild anymore.

And anyway - it doesn't any way makes it right to get GMs to teleport people out in guards that gets them killed because they are AFK.

Besides it seems like you forgot that you actually had people sitting there all day waiting for poor ol'chap Morgan to respawn. We knew the zone would reset if the zone was empty, but also knew that if you were told you would start the farming. And I guess... we were right.

You might have been unaware that you blocked spawns before. But you can't say its suddenly illegal to let people be afk in a zone just because it suits your farming. I would really like to hear an explanation from that GM on how he can justify getting our member killed by warping her out.
    ~Lone

Dear Cosmic or Cz hope you read it.

Camping is anoying and frastraitng. People who want it still will camp and other people who just trying to have fun cant even kill the mob.

I am in a guild that can kill any unique mob and if i want that item i am sure they will help BUT. Why should i be meber of guild to get damn loot?
    The way it works now one mob one loot? Why cant we have to ways to get it?

I think i would be mroe happy if i would get that Gaily Painted Hood that i realy want not from killing over and over tarasque and hoping that helpbot gives out number i chose. I would more happy if i would get this item from Real mean Rascal that we just killed in team mission.

i will say what hextor said in another thread. We know that Decaranium Armor drops only from smuglers technicians or brutes why cant it be droped from medusas in EFp or Borgs in Mort or other just normal mobs?

More people can get item they want more happy players. Right now having sudvadza shirt means that you are DAMN lucky or you camped sudvadza for several weeks or bought that item for 50 million credits.

About Grid Armor and Nulity.... omg it so lame making them so rare and fixers and NTs are so gimped we all knows that and not having those items make them even more gimped. Why they so rare why cant you make grid armor MKIV appear from boss mobs int eam missions? Same goes to Nulity.

18 hours spawn time is way to long. but it would be fine if i dont have to camp the Nugget to get shade of lucubration but i could also get it from just normal mob.

Same to quest why should i camp those bots to make alvin/dodga quest? Why they have 18 hours spawn time?

And that the only quest we had i thought you promised to have more quests.
    I emerber funcom said that they will add new dungeon new monsters every patch well last to patches been busy so dont balime you hope in 14.4 i will see Medusas Spaceship Dungeon..

before i go to camping daria.... Dear COSMIC or CZ if you read all this TRY TO CAMP THOSE MOBS YOURSELF AND UNDERSTAND HOW WE FEEL WHEN AFTER FRASTRATION WE HAD TRYING TO OUTDAMGE SEVERAL TEAMS AT DARIA WE GET NOT DARIA THIRD EYE BUT SOME CRAPY MA SHIRT.
    Last edited by Julia; May 29th, 2002 at 03:23:12.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Pomy, uniques are camped and farmed no matter if they have 18 hours or 3 hours spawn. Tri Plumbo is a good example of that. I am pretty sure they made the ring drop that rare after they noticed how bad the camping was.
    ~Lone

BTW

You guys think you are having it bad as a clanner just think of the Omnis. Storm and others have a coalition that keeps 100% of the high end content out of the hands of OMNI HANDS.

Their guilds are falling apart, quiting or switching over to clans. Its gotten so bad that Funcom has to Spawn an ARMY of high end NPCs to protect the omni players in the recent Story Events. Thats because they cant get enough Omnis to participate.

HEHEHE We are winning the WAR by default because Funcom can't get it into their heads that all we want is something to do and something to show for it.

When Omni Collapse then they will take action, Or prolly not.

Its no fun to win the war like that and its no fun to STILL have nothing good off of Tarasque as a STORMER that has particpated in 60 Tarasque Kills. Yet, its the same for everyone, but no one will change it to a game that is fun for all.

Originally posted by Noer
    Pomy, uniques are camped and farmed no matter if they have 18 hours or 3 hours spawn. Tri Plumbo is a good example of that. I am pretty sure they made the ring drop that rare after they noticed how bad the camping was.
    Noer that what i mean. But why those uniques must appear from that exact mob. Why cant they be as normal loot but ofcource make it very rare like 1 Rusty Pitted Ring from 10000 mobs.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

End camping now

I love AO but it has 2 major problems as I see it, high level hunting and camping.

The high level hunting part is hopefully beeing solved with dyna-camps, so on to the camping part.

I believe keeping camping away from the game is more important than keeping a few items rare. why? With the situation as it is now, people believe that they have a chance of getting a rare item, but might find that they have no chance of outdamaging the other ppl/teams camping the mob in question. Thus they know they would've been able to get the item if it wasn't for other ppl of higher level camping the mob. This, ofcourse, is likely to create a good deal of frustration among players. As time goes by (and ppl level up) it will be more and more likely that you'll find a ppl/teams of lvl 200 there, to camp the mob. In the end you'll have no chance of getting the looting rights on a mob unless you are in a team of 6 good lvl 200s. And that can't be what you initially intended, right?

*Static dungeons: make them accasible in separate instances. Is getting rust-pitted ring and the mantis egg without competition to easy? I dont think so, but if so, make them harder to get, e.g. make tri-plumbo harder to kill. camping is not the way to go.

I believe camelot should not be treated as the other dungeons, since it is a PvP dungeon. Imo PvP oupost with an advantage for the controlling faction is a much better way to satisfy the PvP players, but until then, keep camelot PvP, lower the respawn time on mobs, with items in it dropping all the time and beeing nodrop (that way those few guilds currently camping camelot might loose intrest in it and allow other guilds to have fun in there aswell).

btw, except the camping part, I love the static dungeons, add more of them after you've solved the camping issue, please

*Unique mobs: I've read several suggestions how to end camping of those mobs: 1. reduce their respawn time to a few secs and make their respawn location random 2. lower the respawn rate to 30 mins. (18hrs is a long time...). 3. Make them harder and lower the respawn time. 4. remove them and make their loot drop from random mobs. 5. Make them accesible in separate instances.

Suggestions No. 4 might be a bad sollution, see threads about grid armor and nullity sphere... I believe suggestion No 1 is the way to go, I didn't like it at first, but it has several advantages: 1. It gives an edge to large guilds (beeing able to spend more time/ppl to find them), still it gives the smaller guilds a chance of finding them. 2. It gives an edge to power gamers (beeing able to spend more time to find them), still it gives the casual player a chance of finding them. 3. keeps the items rare. 4. No camping. camping is not the way to go.

As a side note: I'm just a casual camper. I have however camped tri-plumbo for 3 days once (I missed 2 respawns). I got to kill him 2 times (it was rare to see tri-plumbo without someone lvl 150+ beeing around). One guy there got looting rights on him for the 13th time (still no ring, might have been bad luck). As far as I can tell, he didn't drop the ring during those 3 days. If the chance of getting the ring is as low as I think it is, I suggest you change the drop rate percentage aswell, as stated earlier in this thread, you should get something useful if you manage to kill a boss mob. If he's to easy, make him harder to kill, but make him drop something useful. Those 3 days were the most boring days in my time playing AO. And before camping something again, I will not only be level 200, but I will also be thinking atleast twice about it...

ok, so I didn't read all the other posts and might have (probably have) double posted something... I'm sorry, ok?

Originally posted by NikkiDial

Its no fun to win the war like that and its no fun to STILL have nothing good off of Tarasque as a STORMER that has particpated in 60 Tarasque Kills. Yet, its the same for everyone, but no one will change it to a game that is fun for all.
    I took part in 30 tarasque raids so far i am so happy that i got some stick that colect dust in my bank .

But i like to play doctor and when we killing tarasque i heal like i never heal .

And ofocurce fights with omni thats the best part of Camelot Dungeon

FREEDOM!!!!

BTW i like the way how drop on reflection bracers work you get it either from loot in team missions or killing some unique mob . Bracer of reflection was only reason why i took part in 9 mantis queen raids stillw ant to get one projectile bracer relfect energy only good for pvp
    Last edited by Julia; May 29th, 2002 at 03:32:29.

Noer

The ring ALWAYS dropped slow. 1 in 50 is just horrible.

With a 30 minute spawn though there is less a feeling of people not being able to fight for it since the waits are what kills people. People can waste time to get what they want, but they wont just throw away all there playing time for a month over one item. So what people have the rings, nothing that hurts the game.

People where complainig that some guys logged inside dongeon & reseting the timer, keeping the dongeon empty during 30+min is not easy.

What did you do to fix that ? you putted a longer timer.....
    That means that its now almost impossible for the dongeon
    to spawn.

We will have 1 spawn each 18H now, thats more camping for us,
    thats opposit of what we wanted, thx FC.

Players dont like to camp, do you really to need to make a discussion for that when FC seams to make all then can to make us camp.

Camping makes us waste our time , more we are connected more FC gets money. If i'm not true, make the dongeon spawn each hour with the same quantity of drop that actually. Only the 25% zone have to be empty, also the fact that peolple log in & out inside should not affect the timer, that way people wont block the spawn.

I agree with Bionitrous, Scorus, and almost everyone in this thread,
    do everything needed to stop camping;
    longer spawn times, lower loot chances -
    rather would oil quench the fire then these changes decrease any camping
    ( exept you make the loot chance = 0 / spawn times = 3 years )

Intrestin thread . Everyone attacks everyone . Cosmik , FC ... Kill the spawns , kill the unique mobs . No more Uber l00t . Just take them totaly out of the game , includeing all the items . Yeah alot of people will be mad but like the Knight armor , Sh*t happens . All you have at the moment are 2 vocal Guilds fighting over spawns . What is left out are the little people . " Storm is camping Tarasque ... " yeah they might be , but did u happpen to notice that other guilds were there too ? Apocalypse has been there a few times with Storm ... yet no one wants to pick on them ? It amazes me the stupidity and the Hipocritical statements from both sides . Once and for all , fess up and admitt that you are camping the Mob . Once you do you will feel better , and we can then move on and have FC totaly remove them all . They are all pointless .

Adding content : I like Wolfes idea on random mobs poping up anywhere on Ao . Hordes of monsters suddenly spawn and u have no where to run . Stuff like that . Lets see more talk on this .

Also by increasing the spawns it gives the casual gamers that fight there way in a chance to actually compete for the item. Ofcourse they prolly wont win but its better than NO chance.

Erinsuin

I dont think you have seen anywhere that I have said we wherent campers :OP

I may have said we dont camp even a quarter of the mobs people think we do. I said we pick 1-2 mobs and focus on them until we get bored or something new comes along. Well nothing new has came along and still not bored with keeping loot from Omnis.

Are you reading my signature Cosmik???

For the Last time, entertain us...O well, whatever...Nevermind

Nikki

You're incorrect about the Rust Pitted ring drops. They dropped slow AFTER whatever patch. I forget, they're all the same unless it's something major. It seems like one minor change in code effects something else. There was a period in patches were Blessed with Thunder and certain armor types did not show up in stores. But who knows, this is Funcom we're talking about.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast