Thread: The Peanut Extraction Episodes.

Post The Peanut Extraction Episodes.

During Saalz's conversation with Duckey, he found out that Duckey, although enjoying the Clan lifestyle, was missing her pet Leet Peanut. He didn't make her any promises, only that he would try to get him back from her Parents home in Rome...

He decided to ask his contact codenamed 'Target' to assist. The problem was, Target only did extractions for people, not pets. 'Well, I'll just leave out that detail' he thought to himself before opening a secure channel.

A tired and hung over voice spoke in answer to the call, "Yea?.. Ah what do you want man?... Urgh... Make it quick would ya?". Saalz smiled to himself, glad to hear that 'Target' was suffering.
    "Partied too much again?..." He asked.
    "Aww naa, just drank for the sake of drinking. Got a problem with that Scarface!?.. Wait don't bother replying that. So what do ya want now?"
    "Hey I might of just wanted to see how you were doing?" 'Target' could tell from Saalz's tone that he did in fact wanted something.
    "C'mon you only ever bother me when you're in trouble, or need me to help you out as usual... Now cut to the chase, I gotta get hold of those Mocker dudes in an hour and I need to sober up."
    Saalz sighed before answering, "OK, its an extraction job in Rome, downloading the rough details to you now. My client is Duckey, and she's said its OK for you to contact her for further details-"
    "What, Duckey shes Miss Clan right?.... Oh great," 'Target' started laughing " and how much she paying you? Let me guess, with empty promises and pillow talk right?"
    Saalz paused briefly, "Look thats not your concern OK!... Please just contact me with a yes or no", he cut the comms link.

A couple of days later he got word from target that his people had got the blueprints and the node for the houses security, even though the job would be hard he agreed. Some more days passed before Target contacted Duckey for details. After the formalities of introduction, Target asked "So I need a description of Peanut".
    Duckey thought this was a strange question to ask, "well hes small light brown with brown circle's around his eyes, just your typical adroable Leet!" There was a pause, 'a Leet?' thought Target.
    "Leet... You did say Leet right dudette?.... Awww Saalz!... OK Don't tell me I aint a godamned man of my word!.... God Shes gonna kill me.... Yup Im dead!" He didn't realise he had said the last bit of that sentence.
    "Is there a problem?" Asked Duckey.
    "O no, just a typical miss-communication thing, I'm used to it..." Target slapped himself on the forehead and shook a fist, before running down his list of questions.

He managed to get some of the old Apartments computer system Passwords. He found them amusing, Ducky's father changed them regularily; passwords like 'DIECLANS', 'NOMORECLANS' and 'OMNIWINS'. The apartments security, (namely Mech-Dogs and internal sensors).
    There were also in house staff, a cook and two cleaners. Apart from her Parents her sister Pazza lived there, she was taking care of Peanut; who used to reside in Duckey's old bedroom. Duckey wasn't sure about where Peanut could be now.

Target hated asking this next question, but it was a requirement for any extraction. "OK Duckey... There's no easy way to say this, so I'm gonna just say it... Are any of them expendable... Including your Family?... Bear in mind that they will probably have insurance."

Ducky was in silent shock, she never thought it would come to violence. She thought carefully, obvoiusly not her parents and even more so her sister Pazza. She really didnt know the two cleaners Vivian and Lawrence too well, they mostely ignored her. But the Cook Felix, now he was like a best friend, and he used to make Ducky laugh. She'd spend a lot of her time in the kitchen, her Parents barely seemed to notice her existance anyway.
    "Well I guess the cleaners are, but not Felix, the cook OK?" Target could sense the pain of such a decision in her voice, 'Could we do this without casualties?' he thought to himself.
    "Duckey we'll use non lethal methods, except maybe for the cleaners... But dont worry, we'll try to hack their insurance to a few hours before the extraction. They just ain't gonna remember it ever happening ".
    "Yes, thats a better idea, but can it be done?" She asked.
    Truth was, that he wasn't even sure himself, his Grid Hacker wasn't around to ask. All the past extractions involved brute force, this would be the first truly covert job. He decided to 'tell a little lie', "Yea, I dont know the technicalities, but our Grid Hacker should be able to. Do you have any questions?"
    Duckey thought for a moment, 'who was this guy she was dealing with?' It also raised the question 'what more was there to Saalz and his life?'. "Are you Clan?" She questioned.
    "Ahhh lets not talk about that OK, just I like to keep anonymous when dealing with jobs such as this."
    "Err... Um... OK" Replied Duckey nervously.

Target assured Duckey that her and Peanut would be reunited soon, before cutting off the comms channel, and opening another to his Ex girlfriend and contact, (codenamed 'Besda').
    "Besda baby, look you know about the Rome job?.. Well theres a little problem, which is better than a regular sized one.. Hehe"
    "What do you mean?... Spit it out and none of your wooing!". 'Flowers were not going to work' was her feeling, she furrowed her eyebrows as she had already entered Targets infocomp where the requirements list that Target compiled resided.
    "Well, err the person is-" He began to say.
    "A GODDAMNED LEET!" Shouted Besda. "You mean were sticking our necks out for some girly girls pet Rodent, my God Target!.... Oh great, non-fatal force!-"
    "Listen, surely it can't be that hard baby?.. We got nearly all the info on the Building already, and as you probably can see from the list you just hacked, we even got some old passwords!"
    Besda calmed herself with a nano-drug.
    "Besda?... You there?... OK well I'll buy you lunch sometime. And thanks for accepting this Jo-" He quickly cut off the comms and powered the system down. 'She'll come around, I know her too well' He smiled as he leaned back at his desk.

PLEASE NOTE:- Words spoken In the game meeting that has already transpired are not quoted word for word.

After speaking with this friend of Saalz, Duckey sat there in total shock. She couldn't believe she was going to get her Peanut back. Can she trust this friend of Saalz? Well Saalz is such a great guy, she thought, beaming a big smile on her face. Saalz will make sure everything gets done smoothly. She still couldn't get this guy out of her mind. Who is he? Is he clan or does he work for Omni-tek? Then her eyes widened....what if he takes me back to Rome and to those Omnis! No...no...that can't happen. "UGH! I have to concentrate!!" she screamed. She was trying to finish the mission given to her by the clans to kill some underground Omni hideout in West Stret Bank. "I can't have anything bad happen to anyone in my house...what was I thinking..." BAM! shots start firing, as an Omni snuck up behind her in this mission. She quickly killed him and everyone else in that building. She got her reward from the clans and ran back to her apartment in Athen as quick as a rabbit. Nervously, she picks up the phone to try to call her step-sister Pazza.

Duckey and Pazza got along ok, but never really connected. Pazza was her father's daughter from a previous marriage. Pazza can be very snotty and also she is a little crazy in the head. That's why they call her "Pazza". Pazza means "crazy" in Italian. Pazza's mother was born on Earth in Itlay.

Duckey stares at the phone and finally gets the courage to call her. Her fingers shaking, she nervously dials the telephone number. "ooooh I hope she answers"...ring.....ring....."Come on Pazza pick up the damn phone" ...ring....."Hello?"
    "Pazza? Is that you?" ....Duckey hears a huge sigh on the other end..."Well maybe this is Pazza maybe not", Pazza says sarcastically. "Pazza, I know I can trust you. I need you to help me." Pazza screamed into the phone and loud enough for the entire house to hear, "DUCKEY!!!!!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" "shhhhhhhhhush!!!" exclaimed Duckey. "oh no worries, Duckey, no one is here except the cleaners and Felix." "Ok", Duckey says nervously. "I need you to do me a favor." All of a sudden, Duckey hears noises on the other end of the phone. "Pazza...is everything ok...who's there?" ......"It's Dad, Duckey, he wants to talk to you." "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" screamed Duckey as she slammed the phone back down and hung up. "oh my, what if he traces the call, he will find me" she said to herself. "oh what do I do?" She quickly ran out of her apartment and ran out into Athen in search of Saalz.