Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Sentinels win CoT election by landslide. Simon declines the office of first speaker

Originally posted by Naefen
    Exactly what I mean Marisha. Since the sentinels get the most votes, the democratic thing to do is to follow them. Ty for speaking more elegant then me
    The Sentinels have the most votes of any single clan. They can, however, be outvoted by the other clans, thus it's not mandatory to follow the Sentinels' lead. What policy will come to is a matter for the coming Council of Truth sessions, where such will be decided.

Some would say democracy is a pain, but at least it works.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Well we, the Omni`s, have lost a lot of friends to the Evil Sentinels of the Evil Clans.

Yes Kzak, and to do that you must all vote on another canditate and not 8 or 9 different ones. I hope, in any case, you can come to a peaceful agreement furthering a peaceful cause.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Democracy

Omni is taking away my freedom when insted of on free governement it gives me an corporate council whos main concern is the corporations profits.A corporation should not have an private army used for the control of the people.And i have to say only one thing about the side shifters -traitors! And my dear neutral friends you feel so safe under you littel shield calld neutrality. No matter who whins the clans ore omni your future on this world is seald.And about the sentinles at the time they are the only clan doing what must bee done.And yes i am proud to suporte the sentinles!

Re: Democracy

Originally posted by Mihalix
    Omni is taking away my freedom when insted of on free governement it gives me an corporate council whos main concern is the corporations profits.
    You make it sound as if Omni-tek is running Tir and Old Athen.

No matter who whins the clans ore omni your future on this world is seald.
    Again, you're making an assumption that the clans and Omni can't coexist.

I suggest you do a little research into the history of old Earth. For most of human history there were dozens if not hundreds of coexisting nations on a single planet.

What you are proposing is in fact not freedom for the clans but genocide for all those who are employees of Omni-tek or any other corporation. The fact that you are incapable of making the distinction does not aid in winning me over to your cause.
    Last edited by Keldros; May 4th, 2004 at 13:28:27.

Originally posted by Naefen
    Well we, the Omni`s, have lost a lot of friends to the Evil Sentinels of the Evil Clans.

Yes Kzak, and to do that you must all vote on another canditate and not 8 or 9 different ones. I hope, in any case, you can come to a peaceful agreement furthering a peaceful cause.
    I believe that the choice of candidates will be narrowed down - as is normal during such a process when it approaches its end.

Everyone wants peace. But some see 'their peace' only coming through the elimination of everyone who say otherwise - and these someones are people from Omni and Clan both.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

!

Im not saying that omni and the clans cant coexist i say that there can not be diferent rulers of one world. And well as i remeber about Old Earths history as long as diferent nations and goverments existed there was no long period of peace.When i say that omni and the clans can coexits i mean under one goverment.Omni must accept his position on Rubika as an corporation and not as an goverment.And about Tir and Old Athens omni would like to rule it if it could.

Re: !

Im not saying that omni and the clans cant coexist i say that there can not be diferent rulers of one world. And well as i remeber about Old Earths history as long as diferent nations and goverments existed there was no long period of peace.When i say that omni and the clans can coexits i mean under one goverment.Omni must accept his position on Rubika as an corporation and not as an goverment.And about Tir and Old Athens omni would like to rule it if it could.
    So, according to yer logics, ya of course agree that tha Clans must accept their positions of rebels and outlaws, which in turn denies 'em any right to claim to a government.

But I s'ppose ya meant "Omni-Tek must accept its position as a corporation under tha rule of tha Clans", din't ya. As do so many of yer people, thinkin' they're so much better and know so much more.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Re: !

Omni must accept his position on Rubika as an corporation and not as an goverment.
    Actually, per the ICC lease on Rubi-Ka, we are the legitimate government of Rubi-Ka. I know this may be hard for you to grasp, but on Rubi-Ka, Omni-Tek is both a government and a corporation. The two are not mutually exclusive.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Marisha is right Mihalix, acording to the lease given to Omni-Tek by ICC the planet Rubi-Ka is propety of of OT untill the lease runs out, and thus OT is both owner and goverment. Now, after the lease runs out there will of course be re-negotiations, but i highly doubt that Omni-Tek or any other I-Corp can give good enough to be allowed to lease the planet again, that is when the ICC sets up a planetary Democratic goverment for those that still live on the planet and let all other corporations settle down here too, under the (often slightly corrupt) rule of the planetary goverment. Taht is why Rome some times are called the "Democrats Dream", because it is was planned and built to be the future capital of the Rubi-Ka Democratic goverment.

You realy should check things out for yourself though. Trusting the words of others blindly will only land you in trouble. Such as the statement about Neutrals, did you know that the ICC counts as Neutrals? Care to have a shot at them too? Oh, i forgot. Silverstone already showed the universe what the Sentinels think of anything but Clan rule.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Originally posted by Kzak

I believe that the choice of candidates will be narrowed down
    Yes that would be the right way to go for you. Good luck.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

?

If rubika is the property of OMNI that means that their citizens are the propery of omni as well. I think when a man calls a planet his home than he belongs to that planet.And by belongin to the planet he belongs to the planets owner.That man becomse a slave.You know the clans are not a corporation that means whe dont have to respect corporate law.The ICC does not represent me it represents diferent corporations.Then way should i respect their laws? And yes a an democratic goverment could bee corupt but still that Democratic Planetery Governement will be chosen by the people.ICC is not neutral ICC only have deployed its forces to make sure that to notum production does not fall.And oh yes the glorius future capital of the free rubika.I would realy like to cheek it out but last time i got blown up by omni troopers.Nice the simbol of freedom.

And oh yes you will say whe do the same thing in Tir to you.More omni dead the better!

Hyper-corporations have replaced the traditional nation-state in the functions of rule and law. The ICC regulates the hyper-corporations to include Omni-tek. Are you aware citizen that if it wasn't for the ICC there would be no Clans most likely? It was the ICC that guaranteed us some rights. It was the ICC that forced Omni-tek to share reclaim technology. That wasn't the clans doing.

While I agree that the ICC does have a vested interest in keeping the notum flowing, they have stepped in before on behalf of the Clans. Any Clan citizen that fails to recognize this is either not educated or a fool.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Very well put, Vix. You got Clanners claiming ICC is in OT's pockets, OT peopel claiming the ICC is in Sol Banking's pocket, and probably Sol Banking people claiming the ICC is in the Clans pocket. Come on people, start using your heads!

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

If rubika is the property of OMNI that means that their citizens are the propery of omni as well. I think when a man calls a planet his home than he belongs to that planet.And by belongin to the planet he belongs to the planets owner.That man becomse a slave.
    Okay… Well, if that’s you interpretation, so be it. I don’t believe I belong to Rubi-Ka, even though it’s my motherworld. Though, is it any better to be a slave to a democratic government, since that democratic government would then be the legally recognized owner?

You know the clans are not a corporation that means whe dont have to respect corporate law.
    See, this is where so many of our problems come from. Back under the Tir Treaty, we had the right to enforce our laws within our territory. If you were in our territory, you were subject to our laws. You don’t seem to realize that the law is relative to one’s location. But, if you don’t want to respect our laws, then I’m sure you won’t have any problem with me not respecting your laws, yes?

Not that I would. I’m going to take the moral high ground.

More omni dead the better!
    And you wonder why you get shot at when you try to enter Rome.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    Hyper-corporations have replaced the traditional nation-state in the functions of rule and law.
    This is true on Rubi-Ka and other corporate colonies. However, there are a number of free and independent systems.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    While I agree that the ICC does have a vested interest in keeping the notum flowing, they have stepped in before on behalf of the Clans. Any Clan citizen that fails to recognize this is either not educated or a fool.
    Indeed. The current Secretary General of the ICC is quite the fan of the Clans. That’s why I was so surprised when Tir was “liberated.”
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Tir is our capital, it needs not be protected by others, only by the clans. Its our home. Omni-Tek doesnt need ICC guards to defend rome. Or any other omni town. The Clan territories belong to the clans and nobody else.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Originally posted by Kranden
    Tir is our capital, it needs not be protected by others, only by the clans. Its our home. Omni-Tek doesnt need ICC guards to defend rome. Or any other omni town. The Clan territories belong to the clans and nobody else.
    That raises an interesting question. What exactly does it mean to be "Clan"? Can anyone Clan act in a manner so criminal and offensive that other Clans do not wish to associated with it? Is there no crime a hypothetical Clan can commit that would induce other Clans to side with the ICC or even Omni-Tek against it?

There is no one ideal or philosophy that all Clan adhere to. There is no one ethical standard all Clans are required to uphold. And there is no overall Clan authority that can keep rogue Clans in check, santion or even expell a Clan from being part of the Clans regardless of what crimes they may be guilty of. Simply put, being Clan is something you are born with - no one can take it away from you nor do you have to earn it.

When the Sentinels took over Tir and started shooting Neutrals in the streets, some Clanners viewed this move as equally illegal and immoral so they took arms against the Sentinels. They lost in the end, but they made a stand for what they believed in.

The fact of the matter is just being Clan does not always mean being on the same side. In some instances its just an accident of birth.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Talan, Neutral Solider based out of Borealis

*Talen spits on the ground

Lovely. Just what we need, a madman influencing a pack of people, with guns, who feel they have been beaten down for a very long time… Yeah history has shown us that works real well.
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.

It is surprizing to see that soo many clan member would support the Sentinels, after all of the issues that were brought up with them, and the ensuing issues that made Newland City unavaliable to clan members. Makes one wonder though...
    Nexeus Fatale
    Former GSP DJ
    website

Zane "Tharkael" Conmy

- "The secret to "the list" is that once you are on it, you automatically become Timelapse's and Regulas' chew toy."

ICC is such a fan of the Clans that they joined forces with Sol Banking in the 3rd Rubi-Kan war to attack the Clans. It was a joint force of Clans and Omni-Tek soldiers which drove them away from killing all of us and occupying rubi-ka.

Don't forget your history lessons people.

The ICC is a corporate body, and it is not interested in the Clans out of moral, ethical, or civil rights. The ICC is interested in promoting a galactic environment that increases the profits of all corporate shareholders.

The Clans on the other hand are about freedom. The concept that all of us have inalienable rights which no corporation can buy or contract.

However, whenever a group of people have freedom, they will each choose to use it in a different way. This is what happens with the Clans and why we are all so different from each other. Beats beng a clean, pressed, brainwashed, corporate clone any day of the week.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast