Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Sentinels win CoT election by landslide. Simon declines the office of first speaker

The best spy is someone born Clan.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Kranden
    The Sentinels have no declared was on any neutrals. When was the last time you saw Sentinels storming Borealis?
    By the same token the Sentinles have no issues with Omni-tek either, after all when is the last time you say the Sentinels storming Rome?

Do your homework sir, read the press, your history books, listen to what Silverstone has been saying. Its al there in black and white: the Sentinels are anti-neutral. That'a is fact, not opinion.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

You know, history repeats itself.
    A long time ago, a terrorist on Rubi-Ka had this to say:

There will be no amnesty for crimes against humanity or against our planet.
    There are no innocents.
    Omni-Tek is guilty for their slavery and cruelty.
    The clans are guilty for being collaborators in the treacherous peace talks and for giving into propaganda.
    The neutrals are guilty for their cowardly refusal to help fight the oppressors.
    There will be no amnesty.
    There will be no peace until this planet is cleaned of the Omni-Tek scourge
    Ashes to ashes - dust to dust!
    Simon Silverstone is an extremist and terrorist who subscribes to ideals such as these. It's quite evident by his treatment of neutrality and his past actions. Your either with him and his ideals, or against him; he see's things no other way.

Now that he has more influence in the Council of Truth we must remain ever vigilant. Simon Silverstone is the deliveryman who will bring war to our doorsteps.
    Last edited by Ducimus; Apr 30th, 2004 at 16:48:50.

Unless Sir you are a very Special person, you would know that the Dust Brigade said that, not the Sentinels.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

I think he's saying that the Dusters and Sentinals have very similiar outlooks on things.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    I think he's saying that the Dusters and Sentinals have very similiar outlooks on things.
    Correct. I never stated the sentials said above mentioned quotation, i said they subscribe to similar ideals.

I know very well what the duster's said. I was Clan at the time. Amnesty to me is a memory lived, not just something i read about that happened in the past.
    Last edited by Ducimus; Apr 30th, 2004 at 20:46:42.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. It all depends on the point of view.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Exclamation WAR!!!

The Clans must gahter what is left out of their resurses, They must rise again! War all out war is the only solution. Talks about peace and sharing are useless and pointles if OMNI could take us out tomorrow it would. This is to all claners- If you wanna bee free you must bee ready to bleed for you freedom and to kill for it!

Re: WAR!!!

Originally posted by Mihalix
    The Clans must gahter what is left out of their resurses, They must rise again! War all out war is the only solution. Talks about peace and sharing are useless and pointles if OMNI could take us out tomorrow it would.
    What do you mean "rise again," considering Omni has always been in control of the planet? Why fight when you obviously don't know what you're fighting for?

Freedom fighters ou say...

I must say that crossing the line between killing soldiers and civilians pretty much describes whether you are a terrorist or a freedomfighter.
    It must, however be nice for the terrorists to have a more "friendlier" name to take for themselfes.

What do you think Kzak?
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Clan and Omni both have been responsible for massacres of civilians.

However, do not judge all over the actions of a few.

As for myself, I will only engage military targets, and I won't presume to speak on the behalf of anyone else.

Do I fight for freedom? Yes. Do I kill civilians? No.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Post !!!

When i say raise again i mean stop talking and taking actions. When claners are talking about making peace and start limiting are operations then something is wrong whit them. And yes omni controls the planet but is time to change that. And about the so called terorist acts comited by the clans. If you are omni you are an enemy and if you are neutral you should take a side because you are living on rubika to.
    Blood and Bullets! Yeah! Die stupid enf! OH ****! my gun is jammed! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........... (dead)

The frightening thing here is the fact that most clanners side with Silverstones opinions. Now, some will call Silverstone a freedomfighter. If he is so, then a freedomfighter is a person who will do anything for freedom. And I dont think anyone really think Silverstone would hesitate to take down a few hundred Civilian Omnis and Neutrals. Blow up a dozen residential areas and the likes of that. A freedomfighter like that is what I think Silverstone is. Now in my opinion that is a terrorists actions. Silverstone has made it clear what steps hes willing to take by actions in the past.
    So I ask you clansmen who aligned yourself to teh Sentinels.
    What kind of a person do you see in the morning? When you look yourself in the mirror.

Just on a sidenote...
    If the Council Of Truth are so into peace and cooperation. Then why were the Sentinels even invited? Democracy you say?
    Whats democratic about The Sentinels?

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Re: !!!

Originally posted by Mihalix
    If you are omni you are an enemy and if you are neutral you should take a side because you are living on rubika to.
    You say Omni is the enemy, yet you can't say why Omni is the enemy. Do you even know?

Since you indicate the clans must all be prepared to kill Omni employees to protect their freedom, you should be capable of telling me exactly how Omni-tek threatens your freedom.

I've given you one chance to do so, and you've failed miserably. Worse, you didn't even make an attempt. Surely a "free" clanner is capable of thinking for himself rather than serving as a lap-dog to some hate-mongering dictator like Simon Silverstone.

Are you simply a trained talking-reet, only able to mimic quotes that have been fed to you, or are you a free-thinking individual capable of justifying the actions you call for?

Most neutrals I know have already taken a side--the side that prefers a rational approach to resolving conflict as opposed to the side that chooses to initiate physical violence without reason.

I find it ironic that we are accused of being fence-sitters when we have shown ourselves to be loyal to our allies throughout our whole lives, from birth to the present. We will still be loyal to our friends until the day insurance technology will eventually fail us.

Neither Omni nor the clans can say the same for their own--many of the ones I've met have changed sides at least once. When you've been around as long as I have, you see a surprisingly large portion of both holds no loyalties at all, changing sides every time they see an advantage in doing so.

Around a year ago, it appeared that all the Omni employees were joining the clans. A few months later they went back. This has not happened with neutrals. Why? Because we judge people by their past actions, not their ability to quote some clichèd piece of propaganda they think we want to hear. Once someone betrays us they are no longer welcome, and nothing they can say will let them join our ranks again.

You have an enemy within, and you have made this situation for yourselves because someone's ability to quote the party line is more important to you than their long history of treachery and backstabbing. If a real need to fight does arise, do you want these people at your side or watching your back, knowing at any moment they could change sides again and sell you out if they see an advantage in doing so?

(OOC I'm glad there's no such thing as a neutral application form.)
    Last edited by Keldros; May 3rd, 2004 at 11:45:53.

Originally posted by Naefen
    The frightening thing here is the fact that most clanners side with Silverstones opinions.
    If you look at the numbers for the recent Council of Truth vote, this just isn't the case. While the Sentinels had more support than any other group, they only had 34% of the votes. If anything, this suggests about 2/3 of the clans don't want the Sentinels running things.

OK ok the majority of Clanners dont support Sentinels I know that. But if the COT is supposed to be a democratic council, witch it is, then the majority must vote on one leader(spokesman).
    And still, isnt it frightening that 1/3 of the clanners want to kill all affiliated to Omni or Neutrals? I think so.
    The other2/3 have a hard time ahead uniting over 1 leader/spokesperson other than Silverstone.

People changing sides over many reasons. Personal,career issues and cast away reasons are the most common I suppose.
    Personally, I dont condemn anyone who do change sides. I just dont care.

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

That a third of the Clan guilds support the Sentinels doesn't necessarily mean they will follow Simon Silverstone's every whim and desire. It means that they support his political views.

Words are one thing. Actions are another.

As for spokesman? We shall see on the next CoT session. Something will be arranged.

Originally posted by Keldros
    If you look at the numbers for the recent Council of Truth vote, this just isn't the case. While the Sentinels had more support than any other group, they only had 34% of the votes. If anything, this suggests about 2/3 of the clans don't want the Sentinels running things.
    But, because of the way the new CoT is designed, the Sentinels are in control as the majority party, even though their supporters are in the minority. This is the tyranny of Democracy.

Originally posted by Kzak
    That a third of the Clan guilds support the Sentinels doesn't necessarily mean they will follow Simon Silverstone's every whim and desire. It means that they support his political views.
    Like his “Kill all Neutrals” platform? I believe that about a third of the clans who support the Sentinels have publicly announced that they do not support the “Kill all Neutrals” program, but support him due to their fear of Omni-Tek.

They are willing to make a deal with someone whose actions they find morally wrong because of their belief that the Sentinels can keep them safe.

However, It’s Omni-Tek that’s controlled by demons, according to some.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Exactly what I mean Marisha. Since the sentinels get the most votes, the democratic thing to do is to follow them. Ty for speaking more elegant then me

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

I follow the Sentinels because I have lost many friends to the Evil Omni-Tek Corporation. This war has been going on for too long and Omni-tek doesnt want peace. As far as neutrals go, the word neutral is supposed to mean not involed or support of either side. Yet i see Nuetrals attacking clan or omni bases. What happened to the True Neutrals of Rubi-Ka. The ones who truly believe in peace and prosperity of Rubi-Ka. On the exception of the orgonization Shattered Dreams and a few others. Every neutral is a lawless terrorist.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast