Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Sentinels win CoT election by landslide. Simon declines the office of first speaker

Originally posted by Aerinyi

You'll have to forgive me if I'm a little skeptical of the idea that the freedom to be neutral was just some kind of footnote to your lengthy novel of benevolence and kindness towards the clans.
    Believe what you wish to believe, I just stated my and many others reasons for wanting to rid ourselves of the oppressive thugs in Newland City.
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Originally posted by Savoy

That sort of illustrates exactly my point. When the Mercs where in NLC, Clanners had a clear and constant reminder that the Neutral had been wronged by the Clans.

Now that they are gone, memoriesso quickly fade, and people like yourself are left believing that this was just an internal Neutral affair not related to the events in Tir.

Savoy
    That's ridiculous, of course I remember the connection between the events in Tir and in Newland. However, I also am aware that at the height of the clans' opposition to Silverstone Newland stood fast and refused to remove the mercs. When the mercs were removed, it was amid claims that they were exerting innapropriate influence over the Newland City Council, not claims that the clans had somehow redoubled efforts to remove Silverstone from Tir. Right or wrong, we had not. I'm not so naive as to believe that Phillip Ross and so many of his employees donated their money and time to aid in some kind of humanitarian effort to aid the clans.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

IRRK declaring it a "landslide" is a bit off-base.

Here are the current total affiliation votes:

Sentinels - 13
    Knights - 10
    Terra Firma - 9
    Vanguard - 2
    Gaia - 1
    Pilgrims - 1
    The Unionists: 1
    New Dawn: 1

So as you can see Clan Knights and Terra Firma have rather large power bases in the Council as well. As the Council continues to grow the Sentinels narrow lead over those two could easily be removed. Currently, two clans moving from Sentinels to the Knights would give them the majority. Hardly a "landslide" leadership mandate.

and looked at as a block, the Sentinels anti-neutral group is in an extreme minority. His lead is also currently based in one of two chambers, the effect of that will be seen later.

I also suspect Simon's here mentioned refusal to be active in the new Council will cost him dearly. Simon once again spits in the face of the new representative Council just as he did in the old. Will he retain his supporters in the face of such contempt for them?
    Last edited by Sallust; Apr 25th, 2004 at 18:55:39.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Originally posted by Sallust
    IRRK declaring it a "landslide" is a bit off-base.

Here are the current total affiliation votes:

Sentinels - 13
    Knights - 10
    Terra Firma - 9
    Vanguard - 2
    Gaia - 1
    Pilgrims - 1
    The Unionists: 1
    New Dawn: 1

So as you can see Clan Knights and Terra Firma have rather large power bases in the Council as well. As the Council continues to grow the Sentinels narrow lead over those two could easily be removed.

and looked at as a block, the Sentinels anti-neutral group is in an extreme minority. His lead is also currently based in one of two chambers, the effect of that will be seen later.

I also suspect Simon's here mentioned refusal to be active in the new Council will cost him dearly. Simon once again spits in the face of the new representative Council just as he did in the old. Will he retain his supporters in the face of such contempt for them?
    Excellent representation Sallust. It is clear that the headlines have been somewhat misleading and caused a lot more worry than was required.
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Elsewhere, Vixentrox announced that the support for the Sentinels was 9/20, everyone else 11/20. Is voting still ongoing, or were the initial numbers in error? If they are ongoing, is there a gridsite that is updated frequently as to the current political distribution of the council?
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Ahem....I said

"I think it's significant that 11/20 in the Atlantean chamber did not side with Silverstone, though the Sentinels may have indeed gotten more support as a whole than any other single major Clan."
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I stand corrected. Is there a listing somewhere as to the votes that were cast? I’ve poked around the Cot gridsite, but have been unsuccessful in finding them, a credit to your security, I might add. I ask for all who are curious, you understand.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Originally posted by Marisha
    Elsewhere, Vixentrox announced that the support for the Sentinels was 9/20, everyone else 11/20. Is voting still ongoing, or were the initial numbers in error? If they are ongoing, is there a gridsite that is updated frequently as to the current political distribution of the council?
    Numbers were not in error, the numbers simply weren't complete and only represented Atlantean chamber. Sentinels did not achieve majority in Rimor chamber and the overall mixed compilation I posted above shows their narrow lead.

Many Clans are still joining the Council, and I've heard rumblings from the beginning of some supporters of the Sentinels discussing changing allegiance. Furthermore new Clans continue to join the Council and will declare their own allegiances. Simon has a narrow lead of support and I expect will regret the day he turned his back on being a part of the new Council of Truth.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

I really hate to say it but the only city I feel safe in is Tir and that’s because of the Sentinels Old Athen feels safer now With the vanguard. Maybe the clans will make a better force to protect its citizens now that the CoT is back. As for Newland as clan I still don’t feel welcome there I know longer get beat to a pulp and sent to the doctors for going there but since Newland is 90% omni citizens the clans still don’t feel welcome at least I don’t.

I guess for the time being the Sentinels are a necessary evil I don’t agree with their feelings towards the neutrals but they keep us safe. I hope that in the future the CoT will make a force that can take over for the Sentinels.
    Hearing voices used to be called divine inspiration now it’s schizophrenia.

Originally posted by Sallust

Numbers were not in error, the numbers simply weren't complete and only represented Atlantean chamber. Sentinels did not achieve majority in Rimor chamber and the overall mixed compilation I posted above shows their narrow lead.

Many Clans are still joining the Council, and I've heard rumblings from the beginning of some supporters of the Sentinels discussing changing allegiance. Furthermore new Clans continue to join the Council and will declare their own allegiances. Simon has a narrow lead of support and I expect will regret the day he turned his back on being a part of the new Council of Truth.
    I can only pray you are right.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

just to take away misconceptions.

sentinels have the most support without forming a coalition at this point, but if you look at the other options, knights and terra firma are too far apart on the political scale to form a coalition.

Overall the pro-conflict clans have most support at the moment so the CoT will look towards conflict with OMNI more than peace or staying neutral.

now..to answer some more questions:

1) The CoT is NOT a clan government.

CoT is like the UN. a gathering of autonomous governing bodies who come together to try and solve the problems they face together.

2) can the CoT declare war on OMNI

No.

3) Can the CoT have an army

Like the Un they can have an army that consists of troops donated by its members, but the CoT has no standing army of itself. Exception here is the blade guard but they ONLY do council security and are not a military fighting force.

what's the result of the affiliations?

Right now it has the following result.

Atlantean chamber has a majority supporting the sentinels.
    This means that the atlantean chamber will try to steer towards conflict in a radical way...meaning that the sentinels will set the tone here and the other clans will have to go in opposition

Rimor chamber has a majority supporting Terra Firma.
    This means that Rimor as well will try to steer for conflict with OMNI but in a more moderate way.

The entire council (counting in both chambers) has sentinels with the most backing and thus policymaking will go in that direction.

(I told you to choose wisely!)

Will there be room for an opposition?

Of course..that's the whole idea of the CoT.

Do we have to follow our affiliation slavishly?

No you don't. You can always vote against proposals, but keep in mind that where clans can breka their affiliation with storyline clans, the storyline clans can also break their affiliation with you when you go totally against the grain of the principles they stand for. (like someone voting pro-peace and pro-neutral etc. supporting the sentinels. simon will want nothing to do with them and break their affiliation)

l we see the storyline clans represented in the CoT?

yes...next session they will be there.

is the next CoT meeting?

We have reserved every last saturday of the month for CoT meetings. We will alternate starttimes of each session to allow for both european and US players to attend at least a session every other month.
    CoT session will be announced well in advance.

okay...I hope that answers a lot of questions currently asked.
    if you have more, ask them here.

-Fantaghiro
    Events are like a pack of Dobberman pinchers. the only satisfying way to use them is to unleash them onto innocent bystanders

long time coming

This loyal OT solider has his own view on the sitution.This has been coming for a LONG time. The leadership of the clans is, at beast, lackluster. Henry, Galahad, Kreista are weak to the point of uselessness, while the radicals offer no haven for any clanner with even a basic degree of sense. However, among the clan leadership, simon is different.

Simon, in my opinion, is a homicdal manic, but he at least offers a strong leader figure, and the appearance of being able to get things done. Its only natural the clans would opt for ANY leader that could at least give them the hope of progress.

I fear things can only get worse from here on in.

OT should have shot simon long before now.
    Never Forget. Never Forgive

205 Solider
    Currently on Extended Leave

Originally posted by Keldros

I think Swiftmind's point is in the headline...If there are so many friendly clans, how did the Sentinels win "by a landslide?"
    because there arent that many friendly omni's? just a guess... *smiles*

Out of curiosity, is anyone planning on posting a log of the speech Radiman did in Avalon? Would be interested to know what he had to say ((and was unable to come due to the time))
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

Fixerben slowly walks away from the CoT building nodding, smiling, and chuckling.

Fools...

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

So the Sents win with a landslide victory the elections to CoT, bad new´s indeed to all of us that don´t like the war.
    Now I see that there is some confusion on why the Neutral population demanded a change of guards in New Land City.
    The majority of the population demanded this change for a few key reasons, We did not approve of the way the hierd Thugs treated our friends, The city economy took a huge step back since 30-50% of all trade dissaperad when clan members no longer could visit the city.
    I my self was a loud voice in this matter and only for those two reasons.
    I had no political interrest in teh cnage of guards at all, if you like to make poletics out of it it´s all up to you, don´t count on my support for that.

Now regarding the Sentinels that stands in controll of Tir, It´s a city that belongs to the clans and I have seen the message clear as crystal, Im not welcome in Tir, I get the message.
    If the Sentinels decide to welcome me I wil happily visit the city again, as for now if I visit I know that I risk comming under fire of Sentinels gun´s.

As long as you keep me out of your war I really don´t care what you do in your own land.
    Last edited by Itel; Apr 27th, 2004 at 09:24:46.
    If you are afraid of dying you will never truly live

I have no particular bone to pick with the Sentinels other than their hostility towards Neutrals, which I believe is undeserved. Not all Clan want war with Omni, but not all clan are afraid of such a conflict either. Despite setbacks recently in Clan mining operations, Clans have demonstrated repeatedly that we can hold our own at the very least with Omni militarily. I personally would like to see Omni leave peacefully, those who can. Nanomages would obviously have to stay regardless of their affiliation.
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

The Sentinels have no declared war on any neutrals. When was the last time you saw Sentinels storming Borealis? We kicked the ICC out of tir but we did not attack them. The Sentinels are a group fighting Omni-Tek If we allowed Neutrals to run around the Capital city of the clans. Omni-Tek would fill their ranks with spys within days. I may have some neutral friends who are non combatents. Now and days however most neutrals are just fighting for their peice of Rubi-ka and are no longer neutral

Sentinel Special Ops -Kranden
    Last edited by Kranden; Apr 28th, 2004 at 19:08:18.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast