Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank you ARKs at VB Base!

hehe, i had a mission there, so i went to 2ho via the grid like always, since i noe theres a few oni guards there n i rarely ever see any1 there

well i guess it was just bad luck for me to have so much lag when i zoned in

Exclamation *cough*

Originally posted by MaxCARNAGE
    ...a nazi-like GM, Blueoffset...
    Sorry pal, but that cost you the posting rights on this bulletin board.

Complaints about GMs (or ARKs) can be e-mailed to community@anarchy-online.com. I will bring it up with the Support Manager (or ARK Managers) personally.

And to all the smart people tricking the swear filter... you are more likely to be suspended for that than for excessive swearing.

LoL

Originally posted by usher
    littletotem, didnt u camped the stret east bank grid terminal along with a 180 doc a few days ago?
    Nope camped the whole zone!!

Funcom,

Please suspend the rest of them and then start working on the known exploiting clans on RK-1. You mentioned yourselves in a letter several months ago that there was a clan org and an Omni org that most of the exploiters were coming from and asked us if we wanted you to do something about them. We overwhelmingly said yes. Now do it!

Scorus

HOGG

Hmm, I've read a little bit about the incident, but I'm probably not getting the whole story, seeing as how people have a tendency to 'stretch' the truth.

Yes HOGG probably did steal some kills, but there are a lot of other people that steal kills right? Basically theres only a few good camps to xp up at and people have to FIGHT over them to get any xp......

This is how I handled it when I was xping at 8x8 and VB. If someone steals your kill, go around and steal ALL of their kills, or at least diminish their xp. They will think twice about stealing your kills again.

I haven't really been playing that much lately because I haven't been able to get in a half-decent group...and the fact that I HATE DOING MISSIONS. I'm hoping with 14.4 theres going to be some high level camps in SAV that we can xp at. And hopefully I might get a better connection then 56k...bleh

Re: HOGG

Originally posted by Kazper
    Hmm, I've read a little bit about the incident, but I'm probably not getting the whole story, seeing as how people have a tendency to 'stretch' the truth.

Yes HOGG probably did steal some kills, but there are a lot of other people that steal kills right? Basically theres only a few good camps to xp up at and people have to FIGHT over them to get any xp......

This is how I handled it when I was xping at 8x8 and VB. If someone steals your kill, go around and steal ALL of their kills, or at least diminish their xp. They will think twice about stealing your kills again.

I haven't really been playing that much lately because I haven't been able to get in a half-decent group...and the fact that I HATE DOING MISSIONS. I'm hoping with 14.4 theres going to be some high level camps in SAV that we can xp at. And hopefully I might get a better connection then 56k...bleh
    See, it wasn't just "stealing some kills." They were purposefully griefing players. I was there. I was at the time level 48. We were fighting VBs for xp. They were not. At level 110+ there is no xp there... I don't even think they'd get 1 per. They were there as nothing more than grief players, trying to piss people off who were legitamtely hunting.

Don't get me wrong... I understand what you're saying... but they're two different things entirely. If it was kill-stealing for xp, that'd be one thing... it'd still tick me off, but at least it would be for a reason. This, however, was blatant griefing.

Don't believe everything you read. Especially on these posts.

Originally posted by BuffaloSoldier
    Don't believe everything you read. Especially on these posts.
    Do you have something to really add to this.. like something you know that those of us involved don't know?

Or are you just trolling?.

Originally posted by Windrunner

Do you have something to really add to this.. like something you know that those of us involved don't know?

Or are you just trolling?.
    Yes I know you are full of sh*t.

Originally posted by BuffaloSoldier

Hrm... no explanation. No details.

So you're trolling. Excellent!

if its talks like a HOGG .......

shouldnt thier warcry be PIGS4LUNCH?
    Hogg the other whitemeat......

And the lynch mob forms

Regardless of the incident itself, the RP angle IS legitimate.

Actions performed within the confines, bounds and limits of the game that do not require interpretation to deem them in violation of the TOS should be untouchable. If that is how HOGG chooses to play then so be it. I would be horribly embarassed to call mommy GM and ask them to make the mean bullies stop.

The environment of this game is immersive and done in a manner sufficient to cause suspension of disbelief. That suspension of disbelief is destroyed not by the actions of HOGG but by the actions of those who called for outside intervention. The group who invoked forces outside of the environment destroyed roleplay, shattered the environment and made it become painfully apparent that this is NOT a wild west world far away from this planet we call earth, but rather a computer game. (again, I am not endorsing HOGG's actions as I would be ashamed to act as they apparently did). This is NOT some lovely world of candy and sunshine. It's a dirty dusty warzone. Clan against Omni and Human against Beast. If they wish to be offensive that is their business. I would take NO part in it as it is not my style, but I have no right to impose MY playstyle on them by means of outside intervention.

Given the size of this world that we inhabit, I find it hard to believe that an organization the size of HOGG is that far reaching.
    Last edited by Ikeprof; Aug 4th, 2002 at 00:48:00.

LikeMagic - Crat/RK2
    Asfixiation - Fixer/Clan/RK2
    IkeProf - Meta/Omni/RK2
    Adorable - Meta/Omni/RK1
    Triplicat - Crat/RK2

Doesn't matter. The fact is that this IS a computer game. Griefing is just that... being a retard, and making someone else's time playing the game less enjoyable. If you think those of us who petitioned were wrong, fine, that's your opinion. However, I am -paying- for this game, and I expect enjoyment from it. When morons and fools make it less enjoyable by kill-stealing from my group, I take major offense, and will do -whatever-it-takes- to remove the problem.

However, your arguement about an RP angle absolutely cannot be considered. The fact is that if this were the "real" world, there would be repurcussions for your actions. If this were "real" life and we could hunt for experience to gain levels and power, well... kill-stealing would result in a brawl. However, there is currently -no- way to punish them beyond going to ARKs. Give us a better idea... pelase, I'm open to them. But as of right now, I am not aware of any.

Originally posted by Windrunner
    I take major offense, and will do -whatever-it-takes- to remove the problem.
    The primary flaw with MY argument is that in the zones that are not political or mayhem, you are right....you have no recourse. Something that sorta slipped my attention. However, calling for GM/Ark help would be the last recourse.

However, your arguement about an RP angle absolutely cannot be considered. The fact is that if this were the "real" world, there would be repurcussions for your actions. If this were "real" life and we could hunt for experience to gain levels and power, well... kill-stealing would result in a brawl....
    Exactly. Again, the fact that "gas" prevents action is an issue here and from that perspective I retract my statement. I do think that with the significant amounts of cash floating around, that it should/is possible to "hire out services" against this group if your own group doesn't have the muscle necessary to do something. That would be fitting repurcussions. There are certainly plenty of honorable military PvP oriented guilds that would probably perform the service for a token amount.

I guess what I have issue with is primarily OOC actions occuring in game. As stated, in an environment where you cannot directly attack an "enemy", then you are limited in your options. As a matter of pride I would not allow myself to be driven off from a hunting spot, but nor would I give them the satisfaction of doing anything other than being as irritating to them as they are to me.

For what it is worth, I have yet to join a guild primarily due to the fact that I have yet to encounter one that seems to have it's act together in terms of maturity, honor, efficiency and military bearing. I would be the last person you would find acting like an ass, but turnabout....

In closing, I admit my posting was hasty and poorly though out.

LikeMagic - Crat/RK2
    Asfixiation - Fixer/Clan/RK2
    IkeProf - Meta/Omni/RK2
    Adorable - Meta/Omni/RK1
    Triplicat - Crat/RK2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12