Thread: PvP challenge function

PvP challenge function

Just read Vegan's thread, and partially agree with him, but there's an aspect of ganking and people who doesn't want to PvP. MY idea would be to keep zones as they are, and allow players to challenge eachother to a duel wherever. This would eliminate the constant ganking in arena when 2 people ar duelling, and it would make the entire world a bit more exciting to watch. You can even stand up close and watch a duel without being afraid of whos behind your back.

Just my 2 cents.

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

Absolutely think this is a good idea.
    Also dissalow healing etc of people in a duel.

Interesting to see if team duels would be possible.. that could be fraught with problems (Team duelling 1 person, Team of 6 onto a team of 2, etc)
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

yeah, good idea and...

Maybee, rank the Team as a whole for team pvp...then, whichever team wins, every team member of the winning team gets a pvp point added to their rank accordingly....

Figure out a way, using maybee, average level of the team, and average pvp rank of the team to assign a team pvp point system, and go from there

Exclamation Ehem...

Ehem. are u trying to kill the game story ???

A challenge funktion is not a bad idea at all, and when talkting about the Arena ime 100% for it. (in my view Arena is a place for fighting freinds, or doing a freindly dual)

BUT if u where to implement this for all PvP. well imagen a RL war, a soldier walk's up to a enemy soldier in the middle of a warzone.
    "ehem, m8? do i mind that i kill u now ?"
    Enemy soldier:
    "nah m8, ime kind a low on ammo and your gun is much better then mine."
    soldier:
    "ok m8, i'll go ask the other guy over here."

This game is build on a war aint it?

This is something people totaly misunderstand about all the 25%, 0% zone's, and is.. well not the first time i write this!

All other then Arena is a War and u should do all u can to kill the enemy. All goes in these zone's. Teaming, out side buffing, rooting, ect. and ganking "hell yea".

If this was not possible we might just stop this game for good, cuz it would have no storyline, or purpose.

Fluse

Fluse.......
    Didn't he say to keep the zones "as they are"?
    And let people /duel in city zones or wherever?
    IMO, G R E A T idea. Fun to see people duel in shops, NW terms etc

my 0.02
    Wuushu - 176 Soldiah

Red face yes.. but the in they way u thought.

Wushu.
    he sead the zones sohuld stay the same, but the the "challenge" funktion should work in all of them

In Arena.. defently a big YES,
    In the other pvp zones.. nah.

If it was ment the other way u should refrase it Illuvatar.

Fluse

Strangely Fluse was the only one who missunderstood Illuvatars intention.
    And its a great idea.
    Eldridge 'Hratgard' Craddock Gear
    Nano Technician - 220/20, and will remain 20 for ever, or till Funcome makes it worthwhile AXPing.
    Former President of Storm.

I can really think of some kick-arse battles that could go on outside PvP zones . Would be fun as heck to pvp in weird places like shops and stuff.
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

Unhappy sry.

ime sorry if i misunderstod it, but i did say that it was a great idea for Arena didn't i ?

and it truely is...

Fluse

Thumbs up Hell yea

Originally posted by SuupaSayen
    I can really think of some kick-arse battles that could go on outside PvP zones . Would be fun as heck to pvp in weird places like shops and stuff.
    yes actualy i would be great fun if people couldn't hide from PvP so easyly... of couse meny people wouldn't like it at all.
    altho, DAOC works quite well on that, or so i have herd.

PvP would apeal to more people if u could storm a town.. (all other then the 3 main citys, omni-1, Tir, newland) kill the guard's and try and hold the place,(longer spawn on guards, but more of them) till some 1 comes and kick em out.

This might sux a bit for all noob's, but it would make guild's and Roleplaying much better i think... where high lvl's would have to patrol the low lvl hunting stop's ect. would gave the "bored" high lvl's more work to do. and since meny complain about lag of content, this maby would help on that.

It realy need's to be thought more thru than my brain allow's me to right now, so ime gonna stop here.

Fluse

Hmm As someone else said this game is about WAR. Look at the title >ANARCHY< Online. Noone should have the chance to 'duel' in PvP or even opt out of it. Sure there is ganking but in reality there'd be ganking too woulden't there be? Think about it, it's like the year 30,000 and someone come up to you and kills you... "YOU PRICK!" Ok...you died well you're at reclaim and be lucky your death isn't permanent, See the title above your head? Does someone look at that and say 'Wow he's so special he's a <InsertLameTitleHere> the point is, who gives a rat's ass if people get ganked, this is anarchy not democracy, leave PvP as it is.
    Gazi "Mottom" - Master 5th Dan

"It is a wise man that sits and watches but only a fool rushes in wildly." -Dai-Galean

"It take many nails to build crib, but one screw to fill it. " -Confucious

"The gaming community has put up with this turd in our swimming pool for WAY TO long.." -Notintheface