Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The PvP Ranking System

Originally posted by karamell
    How can I see my "rating in pvp"
    For example: 1400 skill...

Is it a command for it?...
    Of course not. That would be useful, and we can't be having anything like *that* in the game.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Originally posted by karamell
    How can I see my "rating in pvp"
    For example: 1400 skill...

Is it a command for it?...
    I don't really want a command to see the title, noone that is close to next title or close to lose title will ever dare to do any "fair" PvP will only stay close to zone until they are lucky to get right kill.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Lightbulb pvp_check Command...

Perhaps the best way is to do a pvp_check to determine is another person, the object of your check, is within 100 points of you, that is, the check tells you: Yes, points will be exchanged or No, no points will be exchanged.

For Example:
    Freshman Cz enter 2HO and does a /list, and gets a listing of people (hardly any, but some).

Cz sees some people in the list that are pvp-able, and does /pvp_check <username> on them to determine is points will be given/taken if he pvp's with them.

Cz doesn't find anyone that he can get points from, so he runs into the middle yelling: I surrender! and gets pvp'ed by someone using the /anon command. Thus, losing his freshman title. Cz will never learn.

So, the command will be useful, if you put it in a macro and check the people you're fighting.

This we could get that with 14.4? I don't want to hold up 14.2.

Cheers, Abunari

Wink

Originally posted by Mr Bean
    Snaf left awhile back..
    He's on vacation, he'll be back ... =)

Originally posted by Goork
    Might I come with a alternate version of this system that is ALMOST as Cosmik described that could explain alot of the "bugs" and things we have seen.

Some know weirdness from memory that people have posted on the boards:

1. High-titled players losing titles after killing nontitleds
    2. High-titled players wining titles after killing low-titleds

I believe the same thing as skabb just stated:
    that the rating difference is negative if you are killing a lower titled player! Very important and very obvious rule in this kind of system.

I also belive that the 100 rating cap is not working. Although I am hoping this is intended.

This would explain why a rating 1700+ player could LOSE a title when killing a rating 1300 player.. if the rating difference is over 400 you are "penalized" for ganking noobs

If the rating difference is less than 400 you will always gain rating although not much sometimes.

In my opinion this system is more logical and more appropriate. Why make it so e.g. rookies have to fight rookies?
    Why make it so a lowranked isn't rewarded bigtimes for killing a novice?

Zoork 134 MP
    pantsless since 1978
    Well, wouldnt this system make the 1700+ player GAIN points by loosing? (who know perhaps it is like this, we've seen strange things concerning pvp and titles) heh, oh and noobs as u call them, can be high lvl than you. According to the formual lvls dont mean anything in pvp.
    (oh and they REALLY should make all lvl 75+ con something else than gray/white (like lightlight green or something)).

Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    I feel the system should be 100% level.
    I also think that when someone is teamed, the player that does the most damage to a target should get credit for the kill.
    Well thats bull****, team should get equal score. If not you'll never get "propper" team pvp. To promote that support classes do what they really are supposed to to, eg docors should concentrate on HEALING not fighting in pvp, etc, you really need to have the points spread out equal...

Also making all the score go to only one person will make it to random at times. Migth seem like a good idea for you cause you know that you as an Enf will prolly out dmg most of your team all the time, at least Adv, Fixers, Docs, Eng and NTs...

Originally posted by fopus
    If a high titled player kill someone with low title, he should gain nothing.

If a low titled played die to a high titled player, he should lose points but not very much.

that makes no sence, points should just vanish out of the system ? U better come up with something batter azzy
    Well, thats just it, it does make sense...
    A Neo should be way above killing untitled once, there is no honor in this, so he shouldnt gain points by such actions. But the little guy, should loose points for is unexcepienced carelessness of wandring into a Neo..

The other way around, the untitled killing a Neo, is another matter. This is a BIG disgrace for the Neo and he should be penalized hard for this.... (Altho might be a bit impractical, cause then the Neo's will be EVENMORE scared than today.... like "Ohh**** a notitled RUN! we will loose lots points and cant gain anything... but then again that would be an even bigger discrace and should be punnished too )

Originally posted by meomy
    LOL THIS IS YOUR RESPONSE 4 PAGES INTO THIS THING WE ALL SAY IS HOGWASH.
    Well of corse it is, they are taking care of the fanboys! (ok I am/was one to a lesser extend, but I dont/didnt ever go on the forums to s###up!). They tend to make wittig post like these, but instead of humoring us they anger us with pointless chitchat when they should be giving us answares.

And where is the info about Team PVP, pvp with rez effects, etc

Originally posted by Noer

That will be over my dead body. Hrm, wait I didn't say that.
    hehe nice one.. oh and do something about Noer! I dont care about the rest of the trader, but this guy always seem to find me and debuff me in pvp!! GRR .. no more debuffs for him :P

Originally posted by Abunari
    Cz sees some people in the list that are pvp-able, and does /pvp_check <username> on them to determine is points will be given/taken if he pvp's with them.
    Nice idea but too time consuming, and lik hittting T (info on player) too damn depentant on lag. What it should be is like a outer-con-color on your targets health bar. Like you target a lvl 85, (you're lvl 150), he con's lightlightgreen (se above, no lvl 75+ player should gone gray), then there is a tine line around the hp bar conning in the usual coolors from gray to solid red.... gray -100 points from you, solid red +100 poinst from you.... I agree with Azzazzimon that you shouldnt be able to see your exact score, but you should be notified EACH time you gain/loose some points.

Easy, simple and fast....

But you know what, the easiest way to make out how this system really works is.... and this is simple ;P :
    give us copy of the actuall code that handls pvp score. Seems like some of the gamers here are just as good programmers as at least Cosmik/Cz. A code is can't be missjudge if you understand it, and it can be run thru simulation..... *me dreams of this utopian world* :P
    Eldridge 'Hratgard' Craddock Gear
    Nano Technician - 220/20, and will remain 20 for ever, or till Funcome makes it worthwhile AXPing.
    Former President of Storm.

Gazi "Mottom" - Master 5th Dan

"It is a wise man that sits and watches but only a fool rushes in wildly." -Dai-Galean

"It take many nails to build crib, but one screw to fill it. " -Confucious

"The gaming community has put up with this turd in our swimming pool for WAY TO long.." -Notintheface

Originally posted by Hratgard
    hehe nice one.. oh and do something about Noer! I dont care about the rest of the trader, but this guy always seem to find me and debuff me in pvp!! GRR .. no more debuffs for him :P
    It's my hobby to debuff NTs. :P I should get points for doing it.
    ~Lone

Hehehehe

I should get points for rooting
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Originally posted by Cz

Yup, it works both ways. Cosmik and I logged in to test. I set his rating to 1700 and mine to 1300, then killed him, and he didn't lose any points.
    OMG! He killed Cosmik!!!
    You bastard you!
    Grrr....

an observation...

Didn't have time to browse all 150+ replies so I don't know if this has been mentioned, but let me just post an observation in an effort to get some kinda feedback.

After several hours of pvping today, I gain and lose apprentice 4 or 5 times - die to an apprentice, lose it, kill a rookie, get it back - various other situations, but basically the logic seems to be pretty repeatable in my case (right on the border of rookie/apprentice).

Anyway, the observation and purpose of this message relates to team pvp. Tonight, a few of us are teamed and fighting a TEAM of omni in MMD - we know this because both sides freely attacked each other's team targets in the 75% zone. Making broad assumptions (and possible bugs aside) - nobody should lose or gain pvp points in this situation. HOWEVER, upon being rather shamelessly dimached, I appeared at the reclaim as rookie where I had just been apprentice before.

So the question to FC is -- what gives? Do people exchange pvp points for team battle or no? As an aside, I believe the MA that was responsible for almost all of the damage to me was either a freshman or non-titled (remember thinking that fighting him wouldn't effect titles)- so even that logic doesn't make sense.

-K

So i just got rookie from killing another rookie...

Then i am loosing battle to rookie i am still rookie.
    Then i am losing to Apprentice i am still rookie
    Then i am loosing to Freshman and i am still rookie
    Then i kill rookie and freshman
    One apprentcie and one rookie
    Also i killed one Novice
    And couple nontiled guys.

Then we decided to have team pvp fun and just like with Knuse i am at reclaim as freshman.

Which is strange i thought we dont lose points in team pvp.

However i got my rookie back by killing same novice i killed early today.

You should realy look into how this sitem workes if it works....
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Lets start hobby club

I also like to debuff them ^^

heh i like to debuff everyone since rapid palsy is instacast for me.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by Julia Pomka
    So i just got rookie from killing another rookie...

Then i am loosing battle to rookie i am still rookie.
    Then i am losing to Apprentice i am still rookie
    Then i am loosing to Freshman and i am still rookie
    Then i kill rookie and freshman
    One apprentcie and one rookie
    Also i killed one Novice
    And couple nontiled guys.

Then we decided to have team pvp fun and just like with Knuse i am at reclaim as freshman.

Which is strange i thought we dont lose points in team pvp.

However i got my rookie back by killing same novice i killed early today.

You should realy look into how this sitem workes if it works....
    Who said you don't lose in team PvP?

My experience is that you still lose if you die, but you don't gain anything if you win, or maybe whole team get points so you get so little.
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Heh maybe we should start bumping new thread about how does team pvp point alocation works?

Someone start the thread maybe after few cancled accaunts and month of bumping we get response....

Heh maybe we should start bumping new thread about how does team pvp point alocation works?

Someone start the thread maybe after few cancled accaunts and month of bumping we get response....
    You really think Cosmik will do same misstake again and tell us we would get it?

NO CHANCE!
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

I think we need to find out how one on one PvP ranking *really* works first before we bother with team PvP.

[edit]
    Fixed a tag that exploded.
    [/edit]
    Last edited by Evilspork; Jul 7th, 2002 at 20:51:36.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

Who said you don't lose in team PvP?

My experience is that you still lose if you die, but you don't gain anything if you win, or maybe whole team get points so you get so little.
    U loose titlepoint even if u are teamed, i got bumped from Novice to Appr at camelot today when i was in team.

boy this thread went from Neo to Freshman really fast.
    Hailieglade 200 Heavy Combat PoP Star - Proud member of Inner Circle - Omni born on June 18th 2002
    ...after you fix cams can we get a 250 lvl cap? or maybe a 5k token board? for some poetic justice...
    BR 15 CR 2 Sniper / Medic / Engineer - Markov

hehe I duelled can of tuna (a.ka Fatcrusher) three days ago at tir arena, with my 122 adventurer at the time Freshman. He being apprentice hehe. well since he is kindoff good he asked everyone to duel him, but everyone umm refused. but me.

so I duelled him, got him down to what? 8.5/10ths hp? (if I read his hp bar correctly). I manage to instaheal my hp from umm 50% to 100%, so I'm ok for awhile. then he begins to bash me to goo :0) and that hurt. so I die. hehe.

well I'm one kill into freshman, and I manage to loose it somehow to an apprentice? Not that I care since I'm one kill / gank from freshman but still. Something smells (and it aint tuna ) (this time)

I really think if I kill a person w/ a title, or one higher than mine I should get points.

Freshman Meurgen -> Meurgen.

The 100 point cap doesn't work.

I got freshman, and afterwards killed a few non-titled folks. I did not die a single time from getting freshman until........

In camelot I was having a grand old time 'til Kiantarisa and Rznr both attacked me at the same time. I died...

And lost freshman.

From a novice and apprentice. (According to the 100 point 'rule' neither one should have affected my pvp score at all).

However the 100 point system DOES seem to work when YOU kill people. As I said, I'd killed a few non-titles, but they all must have had base (around 1300) pvp points because I didn't gain anything from them. This was illustrated by the fact that it only took a single death to lose freshman.

My first opinion: titles in general shouldn't be in the game.

Second opinion: if they're gonna stay, then at least the system for giving them should work correctly.................

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast