Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The PvP Ranking System

ehh azzi

If a high titled player kill someone with low title, he should gain nothing.

If a low titled played die to a high titled player, he should lose points but not very much.

that makes no sence, points should just vanish out of the system ? U better come up with something batter azzy

So................? Can I start killing again please?
    Titles? "Pfft!"

Originally posted by Chakacahn

You are both wrong - as Cosmik said, it is modified by ONE point each 25 points in difference, so its not an 80 point modifier, but 3 pts. (80/25=3.xxx)
    So the right formula is:
    16 + (0.04 x 3) = 16.12 for Cosmik1 to win or lose
    16 + (0.04 x -3) = 15.88 for Cosmik2 to win or lose
    ???
    I suggest you read what cosmik said once more. (25*0.04 = 1)

- Isbilen

You guys have obviously been slapped around too much

Dear boneheads!

This rating system is very much like the FICA system for rating chess players. If you have a problem with how the Game of Game's is rated, see my greeting! Reaching the top of PvP SHOULD take a long time. They have not mentioned that reaching Grandmaster can only be achieved by one player like the highest title in RL Martial Arts, so you should be happy that there can be any number of Grandmasters. Continue to PvP and enjoy yourself. Can't you guys find anything better to do with your game times than finding something inconsequential to whine about.

Softtouch 118 MA

Independent Rubi-Kans

Re: Re: =)

Originally posted by Razers

you will see a jedi master before a Grandmaster becouse after 14.2 and the soon release of swg anarchy online will be anarchy off line ..well for me any wayz =p
    All i wanna say is damnn right Razers!!!

Re: Viewing present score

Originally posted by armbreaker
    Can you view your present score? If not, can an Ark tell you?
    No and No. Not yet.

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

Re: ack

Originally posted by sittingbull

ACK he killed Cosmik!!!!!!!!
    Oh well at least we got this info from him first...

--Crazyhorse--
    I'll get him next time, Gadget, next time!
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

haah!

you will see a jedi master before a Grandmaster becouse after 14.2 and the soon release of swg anarchy online will be anarchy off line ..well for me any wayz =p
    Drop by the SWG dev forums and you might learn that next to no players will be allowed to be jedis, (less then 3% is the offical aim), and even then it will be very hard to achieve, so as to keep in synch with the 'official' time line, and when Verant (yes, them of downtime, corpse runs and gems fame) say its going to be very hard, I wouldn't bet on it being achievable by anyone other then a hardened powergamer in the most uberest of guilds.

SWG will not kill AO, maybe for a week or so after launch it'll be quiet, but SWG will not be what you expect it to be, and don't give me the 'Lucasarts are too big to mess it up line' - look what Square have done with FFOnline in Japan - not a good advertisement for big companies going online - at least it might make the guys at Funcom feel better

Anyway waaaaayyyyy off topic, good to finally see these stats at last, but without knowing our exact stats none of us could say that what Cosmik has posted is right, wrong, or totally insane.

To say he is lying (as someone did earlier) is unfounded - we just can't prove it one way or other . . .let us see our stats

Then we could say for sure

Rules work like this?

Hey

After the release of these formulas/rules me and some friends have been conducting a few test to see if the rules actually were correct. Here is the setup of one of our tests:

We created two characters and brought them to the arena. Since they are all fresh they will both have a pvp-score of 1300 according to cosmik. We then let our pvp-winner char kill the pvp-loser char. We then waited... and waited for the bloddy rez =). This was performed 6 times with the victim fully rezzed and fully healed for every attemp. Then after 6 kills, bing our pvp-winner gets a freshman title. Now compare this to a simulation we run on the new rules:

Setting: Player 1: 1300 (No-title) Player 2: 1300 (No-title)
    Fight 1: Player 1: 1300 (No-title) Player 2: 1316 (No-title)
    Fight 2: Player 1: 1300 (No-title) Player 2: 1333 (No-title)
    Fight 3: Player 1: 1300 (No-title) Player 2: 1350 (No-title)
    Fight 4: Player 1: 1300 (No-title) Player 2: 1368 (No-title)
    Fight 5: Player 1: 1300 (No-title) Player 2: 1387 (No-title)
    Fight 6: Player 1: 1300 (No-title) Player 2: 1406 (Freshman)

Disclaimer: Since there is still some confusion about some aspects of the pvp-formula its not sure that whats printed above is completly correct.

Okay so now we have player 1 with 1300 score and player 2 with at least 1400 in score and a freshman title. According to the simulation above the freshman would have 1406 in score, that means there is a 1406-1300 = 106 points diiference = they shouldnt be capabel of getting points from each other. We then let the pvp-loser kill the freshman a single time, which resulted in the freshman losing his title. According to the explanation this shouldnt be possibel since the score difference between them is greater than 100. It would only be possibel if the freshman have had a score of exact 1400 which we have no way to check, but that would neither be the case if we follow the formula.

I would like to hear an answer on how this can be possibel?

Edit: I would very much like a clarification wether or not the score_difference is a negative value for both the looser and winner? Another question is if you actually do run the formula for both participant in a pvp fight or only for one of them and then use the result value on both? I just wondered about the scenarios where the two opponents have a different base_change modifier.
    Last edited by Gnubi; May 28th, 2002 at 12:55:44.

Re: ehh azzi

Originally posted by fopus
    If a high titled player kill someone with low title, he should gain nothing.

If a low titled played die to a high titled player, he should lose points but not very much.

that makes no sence, points should just vanish out of the system ? U better come up with something batter azzy
    I don't see it as a problem if points vanish, but if that is a problem just change so a low titled player don't lose anything if killed by a high titled player then.

That would only make everyone with afew lower titles than the one they attack to jump in and don't care at all if killed, but would gain alot of he won..

Shouldn't be any gain without risk, imo
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by skabb

hm, i think this is wrong.

1750 - 1670 = 80 = Rating Difference if Cosmik1 wins
    1670 - 1750 = -80 = Rating Difference if Cosmik2 wins

16 = Base Change
    0.04 = Change Modifier

16 + (0.04 x 80) = 19.2
    16 + (0.04 x -80) = 12.8

If Apprentice Cosmik1 wins, he get's 19.2 points and Novice Cosmik2 lose 19.2 points

If Novice Cosmik2 wins, he get's 12.8 points and Apprentice Cosmik1 lose 12.8 points

- Isbilen
    ewww, negatives! *shrug*Oh ok. Well, then I got no complaints. Maybe increase the 100 difference cap a lil? 200 maybe? This way, you would get like approx 8 points from killing a dude with 200 points difference. Why not increase it to 300?... I want points for my Mort raids! aiaiaia!!
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

UHM... this system is crap... btw, the whole PvP system in this game is crap, but thats only a sidenote...

1 example that the currently highest titleholder could be unable forever to reach next PvP title:

Player A Neophyte 1850 points (highest in rankpoints)
    Player B Novice 1751 points (2nd highest in rankpoints)

Player A wins against Player B and the formula is:
    16 + (0.04 x 99) = 19.96
    or
    16 + (0.04 x -99) = 12.04
    dont know for sure...

Player A has now 1869.96 pts. (or 1862.04)
    Player B has now 1731.04 pts. (or 1738.96)

If they fight again, nothing will change in title, because they are out of the 100 pts. range and Player A will only get the next title when other people in game come in to his 100 pts. range.

It is now impossible for other to drop his title or for him to get the next... and this is in pretty nice words: BULL****
    Last edited by Zagareth; May 28th, 2002 at 13:04:47.

Originally posted by Dankman

Don't bring this BS into this thread. The 75s go there knowing it's a kill zone. This system also does not and should not cause point loss from killing lower levels. If they did, it would defeat the whole purpose of allowing a 200 to kill a 75. It has nothing to do with "hugging a title" from killing low levels. You don't gain anything but fun from killing low level non titles, just ask Snarf.
    Are you sure you cannot loose points from killing lower titleds? Please keep low lvl / high lvl out of this since it clearly doesn't matter.

As Isbilen corrected me:

1750 - 1670 = 80 = Rating Difference if Cosmik1 wins
    1670 - 1750 = -80 = Rating Difference if Cosmik2 wins

16 = Base Change
    0.04 = Change Modifier

16 + (0.04 x 80) = 19.2
    16 + (0.04 x -80) = 12.8

If Apprentice Cosmik1 wins, he get's 19.2 points and Novice Cosmik2 lose 19.2 points

If Novice Cosmik2 wins, he get's 12.8 points and Apprentice Cosmik1 lose 12.8 points

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, what if:

1720 Cosmik1
    1300 Cosmik2

1300 - 1790 = -490 Rating Difference if Cosmik1 wins.

16 = Base Change
    0.04 = Change Modifier

16 + (0.04 x -490) = 16 + (-19.6) = -3.6 Points if Cosmik1 kills Cosmik2.

Explain this Dankman.

Also, as a final note. I cannot express how stupid I think this system is, if you can infact loose points from a sucsessful kill.

Scenario: 20 Novice Clanners hold 2ho. Omni-Tek sends in 20 Non-titled lvl80's. The 20 Novice Clanners run like hell to avoid combat, or terminate. Is it just me or is this a huge LOL?
    Last edited by Caol; May 28th, 2002 at 13:17:33.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Post Re: Rules work like this?

Originally posted by JEB
    Hey

Fight 6: Player 1: 1300 (No-title) Player 2: 1406 (Freshman)

Okay so now we have player 1 with 1300 score and player 2 with at least 1400 in score and a freshman title. According to the simulation above the freshman would have 1406 in score, that means there is a 1406-1300 = 106 points diiference = they shouldnt be capabel of getting points from each other. We then let the pvp-loser kill the freshman a single time, which resulted in the freshman losing his title. According to the explanation this shouldnt be possibel since the score difference between them is greater than 100. It would only be possibel if the freshman have had a score of exact 1400 which we have no way to check, but that would neither be the case if we follow the formula.

JEB is correct - I manipulated the same setting last night with an untitled 1300 and a newly made freshman 1402 (confirmed and checked pvp_rating)

freshman kills untitled - no increase in freshman rating
    untitled kills freshman - lose to <1400 (back to untitled)

If this is the case - this is contrary to the published formula - something for the bug-hunter team to clear up and FC to then fix

-Pat

I just want to point out that its quite important how score_difference is calculated before its possibel to trust those calculations...

Post pvp_rating

The clarification is that FC stated that pvp with more than 100 pts difference should not affect pvp_rating - thus if anything to the contrary is seen in happen -in game- then that is a bug.

So for all those that have lost titles to ppl that should not be in the 100pt range - that is a bug that should be petitioned or emails sent to bugs@anarchy-online.com

We need to ask if the no-refund policy also applies to the pvp_rating (though it would be far fetched to believe that it we would get any recompense)

-Pat
    Last edited by patticee; May 28th, 2002 at 14:49:37.

Re: Re: ack

Originally posted by Cosmik

I'll get him next time, Gadget, next time!

LOL THIS IS YOUR RESPONSE 4 PAGES INTO THIS THING WE ALL SAY IS HOGWASH.

I liked you guys but now you a just snubbing your nose at us.
    I think I truley see the personality behind the name now.

Grandmaster???

If the 100 point differential rule exists, how would any PvP'er ever make Grandmaster? Are you telling me that Neophyte's must fight each other in order for someone to move up ... eventually someone with high enough points would only "stall" and have to wait for others to come up in title. With no possible way to tell how many PvP points you have, doesn't it make the entire arena event kinda silly? I know when I play chess online I always look to play someone with a higher rating than myself, but if I couldn't see my ranking points I would be playing in the dark against every opponent I saw. Taking risks should equal a good reward, but taking risks without knowing the challenge isn't a wise thing to do.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Ownz Anxicor Botos [benched]
    Malcom Aaleji Thompon [benched]
    Reynaldo Splinnter Fukuda [benched]
    Quinn Falsify Varela [active]
    ----------------------------------------------

Re: Grandmaster???

Originally posted by Aaleji
    If the 100 point differential rule exists, how would any PvP'er ever make Grandmaster? Are you telling me that Neophyte's must fight each other in order for someone to move up ... eventually someone with high enough points would only "stall" and have to wait for others to come up in title. With no possible way to tell how many PvP points you have, doesn't it make the entire arena event kinda silly? I know when I play chess online I always look to play someone with a higher rating than myself, but if I couldn't see my ranking points I would be playing in the dark against every opponent I saw. Taking risks should equal a good reward, but taking risks without knowing the challenge isn't a wise thing to do.

Thats right this is more stupid then the system in place now belive it or not.

????

where is the war in this game?

pvp is one thing but it is used to pasifie us from not wanting a story or the war that goes with it.

And i say once again how can you have a war when everyone is concealed and has a perception range of 2 feet?

Sounds to me just like alot of blue circle spam that will over load the servers when everyopne is pvping and spamming the search button and while the server is searching you will lag and then well you know the rest.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast