Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The PvP Ranking System

If the formula is really as cosmick sais the only thing we need is more pvp'ers.... but it's atm going into the opposite direction instead
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Maybe one should start a char with the name Flash

As to get the Title/Name: Grandmaster "Flash"

Or how about "Bater" and get to "Master Bater"

Just wanna add this is bs.
    I know alot of ppl pvping including me and this is not how it works.
    Just plain and simple its not.

Originally posted by Cz

Yup, it works both ways. Cosmik and I logged in to test. I set his rating to 1700 and mine to 1300, then killed him, and he didn't lose any points.
    I'm confused...is it a 400 point difference or a 100 point difference?

Did you set it to 400 just to test an extreme in the calculation?

Exclamation

You need to tell us if this was changed, or if it's always been this way.

At L74, I had just equipped a QL188 hammer, and I wanted to try it out. I dueled some trader (can't remember who it was...) in Tir Arena. I got killed, I lost Freshman.

I went to MMD, and dueled a L74 Apprentice Soldier. I think it was Xsaga, but I'm not sure, that was a long time ago.

I killed him.

I was still untitled.

He was down to Rookie.

I am 100% sure of this. Has it been changed? Is this the way it used to be?

Something isn't adding up.

Also, is it true that you don't gain/lost points in a team? Elaborate on that for sure. Thanks.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Ten to 1 as others have said come 14.2 this will be the NEW PVP setup than the currant one(Also makes me happy as title hugger will have nothing to gain from shooting the level 75s running through mort and even better will loose their title if they do it to often
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

Originally posted by Mr Bean
    Ten to 1 as others have said come 14.2 this will be the NEW PVP setup than the currant one(Also makes me happy as title hugger will have nothing to gain from shooting the level 75s running through mort and even better will loose their title if they do it to often
    Don't bring this BS into this thread. The 75s go there knowing it's a kill zone. This system also does not and should not cause point loss from killing lower levels. If they did, it would defeat the whole purpose of allowing a 200 to kill a 75. It has nothing to do with "hugging a title" from killing low levels. You don't gain anything but fun from killing low level non titles, just ask Snarf.

Snaf left awhile back..
    Besides as I said its not BS just restating what Comsik said while my own twist(Good no more rewards for squishing bunnies if you want to use a EQ analaogy)

You don't get 100 xp every time you kill a leet at level 200
    Why should you get any points for killing a 75 at 100
    He is grey(ok maybe one point would be fair, makes everyone happy)
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

Dang nabit. Now we know every PvP title

yah boooo =(
    147 Mp Nodamp
    O_O i am king of faces!

Forevah eating forbidden popcorn! @_@
    Directions: go dis way ---->
    den dis way <----
    den dis way <-------> and see if u survive O_o

Heya MikesterG! x_O

Dey tink im funny...dey really do..dey also tink im insane, sick, wierd, and in need of more medicines than i take

Dun worry Guys! I can keel dis Ace easy! *sends Nodie*! o.o...um..guys...u know dat ace enforcer dat ju said not to mess wif?
    yeh, dat one..um...run pweez X_X

OH MY GOD!!!

A level progression system that gets harder the higher you progress! At least the curve is more appealing then the L shaped mess that level gaining is in PvM.
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

and to comment on the thought of Neophytes not having enough to pvp for titles: its cause everyone ganks!! its very hard to get a high title cause u have 3 neophytes/novice/rookie/apprentice gank u per every person ur title that u fight! noone can get titles that way
    147 Mp Nodamp
    O_O i am king of faces!

Forevah eating forbidden popcorn! @_@
    Directions: go dis way ---->
    den dis way <----
    den dis way <-------> and see if u survive O_o

Heya MikesterG! x_O

Dey tink im funny...dey really do..dey also tink im insane, sick, wierd, and in need of more medicines than i take

Dun worry Guys! I can keel dis Ace easy! *sends Nodie*! o.o...um..guys...u know dat ace enforcer dat ju said not to mess wif?
    yeh, dat one..um...run pweez X_X

Okay

My theories:

Possibility One: I noticed the same thing Abunari did. The one test they mentioned was a 400 point difference. I suspect that wasn't the only test they did, but it would be good to know what the lowest difference tested was. If the spread was really 200 points, that would explain about 95% of the anectodal information given by players in this thread, no?

Possibility Two: To Cz/Cosmic: Check if there is a variable for -experience level- not- accounted for in your documentation and tests. Frankly, the scheme as presented above seems to me well thought out riiiight up to the point where level difference -isn't- a factor. My guess is somewhere along the line, someone coded in a positive modifier for killing someone, say, 10 experience levels above you (as opposed to one PVP level). I mean, by the system presented, does it make sense that you could get a situation where the ONLY way the highest title on the server, a level 180 Expert could gain in title would be to kill the only Experienced on the server, who happens to be level 100? Or - heh - level 70? I can just see the 180 Expert drooling as the Experienced got closer to 75 hehehe.

Editorial:

I think that the system won't work for one other reason. As someone else pointed out, there just won't ever be enough PvPers out there to ever assemble a high enough pyramid of high-title people to get to Grandmaster, without deliberately farming kills anyway. Or even close.

This isn't primarly Funcom's fault, IMHO. The players have turned the PvP game into Massive Twink/Overequipper only, regardless of your level. Not everyone is capable of affording massive OE/twinking (due to lack of credits and/or buffs), and not everyone would -want- to even when they -can- afford it (count me in that lot).

Until -that- is somehow stopped, the pool of active PvPers in this game will remain as small as it is today regardless of the system put in. God I long for 14.2. Well, make that 14.6, after they've had some time to fix up the details after 14.2

Crychton
    Engineer
    Rubi2

as I said, i'll duel any neo self buffed :P or maybe wait till 14.2 then i'll let yous have crit buffs hehe

gotta see someone get the next title!

Originally posted by Cz

Yup, it works both ways. Cosmik and I logged in to test. I set his rating to 1700 and mine to 1300, then killed him, and he didn't lose any points.
    The question is, how many points did you gain ? If you gain 16 + (400*0.04) = 32 points then this system will say oh go ahead kill that n00b without a title. If you on the other hand gain 0 it's understandable. (16 + (-400*0.04). I think you should at least get 1 point, kinda like 1xp for killing greys. But if neophytes are faced towards a untitled one they might as well just terminate or they will loose points if they kill the untitled one.

If you could just tell us how many points you had it would have been nice and prolly cleared a lot up.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

As all other say, it's no chance it works like this right now.

IMO it should work something like this.

Someone kill someone with higher ranking than him, he should get point, doesn't matter how many more points the other person have, should still get points.

If a high titled player kill someone with low title, he should gain nothing.

If a low titled played die to a high titled player, he should lose points but not very much.

If a high titled player lose to a low title player, he should lose points.

You should get points even if you don't get the kill, if you do 1/3 of the damage you should get 1/3 as much points as you would get for a full kill(the one that is killed only lose the amount of points he would lose if the one that do most damage would do all damage)

If your in team the kill points should be split among all members, but the "lose" points should only go to the person that die.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

I feel the system should be 100% level.

Levels are what determines char strength. Levels are what determines XP gain. IMHO A player's LEVEL should be the deciding factor in how much points they win/lose.

With Title as a side effect of that.

I also think that when someone is teamed, the player that does the most damage to a target should get credit for the kill.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    I feel the system should be 100% level.

Levels are what determines char strength. Levels are what determines XP gain. IMHO A player's LEVEL should be the deciding factor in how much points they win/lose.

With Title as a side effect of that.

I also think that when someone is teamed, the player that does the most damage to a target should get credit for the kill.
    MAJOR BUMP!!!

Post deleted, because I got wrong with my understanding of the formula
    Last edited by Zagareth; May 28th, 2002 at 12:43:30.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast