Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The PvP Ranking System

To Paris

Originally posted by Paris
    OK i dont believe this system works completely appropriately, or i need some explanation....

Yesterday for example.... i killed quite a few clan... albeit some were nontitled...but they were higher levels like 140 plus... (although i was 190 at time) but up to maybe 175 or so...

then i get killed by a nontitle thats maybe 150 .... and i lose my title...

now according to your explanation i dont believe that i should be gaining points for my kills even if they are high level if they dont have title correct?

and in turn that non title.... i should not lose points for their kill? or am i mistaken?

secondly... does this mean that it is going to give me more points to kill a level 75 apprentice then to kill a level 175 non title? if so i dont know if that would be the best....not quite fair and all for the low levels...

It seems to work on a type of "duel" system. If you aren't within range of a persons title, you are not worthy of a duel. Something dumb like that. So if you are Novice and a Rookie kills you, you lose nothing, they gain nothing. We all know this doesn't hold up in game reality, but now that they have finally released it, maybe they will work on making it work right. Hope that helps, Paris.

And one other thing about the level 75 apprentices. "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch."

Hmm would be nice to see the truth of this.

The good thing is since i never drop below 1300 (my current) i can PvP at any bad odds without fearing it could destroy my future as a Grandmaster...

Shaeidar - 108 Advy

no no no no no

no no no no no.

i dont care what you say cosmic/cz.....it DOES not work that way.

how do i know that? because my trader who had 50+ kills into apprentice...with many title kills (apprentic/rookies etc) lost to 1 rookie and lost title. lost ONE time to a rookie and lost title. this was even AFTER i had just killed a rookie.

ok..i could understand if maybe I had just gotten apprentice then lost to a higher point rookie after beating a lower point rookie. but i had apprentice kills under my belt.

and how about the time i was about 15-20 kills into apprentice when i WON a fight against a freshman and lost my title?

splain that one lucy.

Are they ever going to tell us how to check? I've seen it 3 times on here and I'm wondering how...

You can't check how many points you have, but I guess that would be logic to implement in some near patch now we know the formular.
    ~Lone

Thx for the info Comsik and I really wish you guys could come up

1900 – 1999 => Experienced( Uggghh some peoples names as it is, much to long maybe Veteran? would be better than Experienced)

2000 – 2099 => Expert(This has no flow, to it, just imagin your currant ingame name Expert XXX and tell me if you would like this)

2100 – 2299 => Master(Good If I got a PVP char up and going anytime I'd go no further than this)

2300 – 2499 => Champion(flow problems agian)

2500 and up => Grandmaster(same as above)

Well anyway maybe its just a linguistic thing.

But my suggestion
    Say your currant ingame name(If you can )
    Then add a title
    Do Experienced, Expert, Champion sound that great?

Well just a minor thing I'm happy to know what is what title wise
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

LMAO

Originally posted by Cz

Yup, it works both ways. Cosmik and I logged in to test. I set his rating to 1700 and mine to 1300, then killed him, and he didn't lose any points.
    How come you got to kill him? That's not fair! Cosmik is my hero! *sniffle*....
    ....flojojojo | 220/17 vanguard, rimor's first 200 adventurer | equip | perks
    ..outtatime | 190/3 fixer

playing wow (pyrelight, 70 priest on uther server, alliance)
    retired from rubi-ka

Really nice to know how'd works ,, now i dont need to kill all those non titels.. when they dont add anything.. its just hard to find rookies at my lvl on RK2 theres a few... but they dont wonna fight... ?

Originally posted by Aphrodite
    Now being there are barely any clan novices and only 1 clan Neo, this makes it a bit hard for me to move to the next title after being Neo for over 3 months. So all the PvP I have done, and all the clan killing for the good of OT has been for naught?
    Yes it has been futile. Sorry about that.
    NT phone HOME!!

clans already won

omni is supposed to lose in the end of the story.

Well guess what Omni has already lost.

There are some inconsistancies with the lower titles it seems, but I ask you this.

Has anyone EVER got Neo WITHOUT killing a Novice to get it?
    No.

When you get a kill or lose one, it should say "Your target has blah blah - Your pvp rating is now XXXX"

However, I'm worried this will lead to title farming, removing the last thing that had to be worked for in this game.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Enigmamonger killed 10 Apprentice, One Novice, and then another Apprentice, and got Neophyte. As I said, with examples in my previous post: Killing an Apprentice with 99 point difference will get you 3+ points more than killing a Novice with same point.

It works if the battle turned out so the one with least points, won. But the other way around, it's not quite as it should be. IMHO.

But let's face it. This is how the PvP system is NOW. I don't care if it has been changed or anything. That is prolly why it took time to get the formula out etc. Emergency Server Crash fix? Hmm. Could be this PvP system getting implemented.

I like MiKE's idea. Please make it so that you can check your points. Would be nice if you could target a person and see his PvP points also, with the ability to check VS your points, how many points you would get/loosing from winning/loosing.

Make it so!
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

If there are 100 stories that say this formula isnt what is currently in game...ie I lost rookie to a non title....I lost novice after killing a freshman..ect...ect why is anyone thanking anyone?

a.) This isnt in game, but will be after patch xxx.x and thats an exceptable white lie compared to not knowing whats going on at all?

b.) Its like all the other exposed buggy code, so we are relived that it's familar; with the hopes that it might one day be fixed?

c.) It works just fine, and everyones expereince and stories are all DAMM DIRTY LIES.

d.) We feel sory for programers who cant program so we thank them for trying?

I think its very telling that they went to test and got results to support what they were told by the Dev team before beliveing it.

Originally posted by Rhayden
    Apprentice Cosmik1 has 1670 points
    Novice Cosmik2 has 1750 points

1750 - 1670 = 80 = Rating Difference
    16 = Base Change
    0.04 = Change Modifier

16 + (0.04 x 80) = 19.2

If Apprentice Cosmik1 wins, he get's 19.2 points
    If Novice Cosmik2 wins, he get's 19.2 points
    hm, i think this is wrong.

1750 - 1670 = 80 = Rating Difference if Cosmik1 wins
    1670 - 1750 = -80 = Rating Difference if Cosmik2 wins

16 = Base Change
    0.04 = Change Modifier

16 + (0.04 x 80) = 19.2
    16 + (0.04 x -80) = 12.8

If Apprentice Cosmik1 wins, he get's 19.2 points and Novice Cosmik2 lose 19.2 points

If Novice Cosmik2 wins, he get's 12.8 points and Apprentice Cosmik1 lose 12.8 points

- Isbilen

Red face

Three things i'd like now:

1) An official to response to our questions about the formula

2) A way to see how many points you or your opponent has.

3) A way to remove yourself from the system, i want 0 points.

Teaming and pvp

Great, Awesome, Superb! Thanks for the explanation. However, how do teams fit into this? If I am teamed, can I gain or lose any points? If my opponent is teamed can I gain or lose any points? Can you please clarify this? Thanks.

Had no idea

I had no idea they got it from PvP, hmm, now I know ehe!
    Myles "Anam" Pippin
    Nec Timeo, Nec Sperno

Biographical Page

Question Alternate version

Might I come with a alternate version of this system that is ALMOST as Cosmik described that could explain alot of the "bugs" and things we have seen.

Some know weirdness from memory that people have posted on the boards:

1. High-titled players losing titles after killing nontitleds
    2. High-titled players wining titles after killing low-titleds

I believe the same thing as skabb just stated:
    that the rating difference is negative if you are killing a lower titled player! Very important and very obvious rule in this kind of system.

I also belive that the 100 rating cap is not working. Although I am hoping this is intended.

This would explain why a rating 1700+ player could LOSE a title when killing a rating 1300 player.. if the rating difference is over 400 you are "penalized" for ganking noobs

If the rating difference is less than 400 you will always gain rating although not much sometimes.

In my opinion this system is more logical and more appropriate. Why make it so e.g. rookies have to fight rookies?
    Why make it so a lowranked isn't rewarded bigtimes for killing a novice?

Zoork 134 MP
    pantsless since 1978

so if Novice Nothinman with about 1740 pvp points gets killed by an apprentice with only 1620 points, he gets nothing, i lose nothing.. strange it is only one title difference afterall.

So basically you are going to want to ideally kill same titles and one above you, or one below you but no gaurentee of points unless u kill someone same lvl.

this is pretty much how i figured it werked, i was almost novice and i took my rookie MP and killed him about 20 times (/terminated him in the same zone as my soldier) and then i took my mp and allowed a rookie to kill him and lost title in one kill.

so my apprentice soldier took any points he could until the rookie mp was over 100 away then it made no difference.

still.. If i beleived it i wouldnt be worried about rookies/freshman killing me but i still do.

what is gonna happen is as the titles get higher theres gonna be less and less and less people with that title, i predict there will never be a grandmaster because there will not be enough people progressing in the ranks to do it.

though it would be intersting.. i wonder.. if you took all the novice/neos in the game, and selected only one neo, this neo would go down the line killing each novice then neo about 5 times.. hwo far his title would progress?

BTW thanks alot Cosmik : ) if you want people to relax abit throw an intermediate post in there saying something like "sorry guys, got the formula, but due the possibility of exploiting it, i must test it first, hang in there : )"

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast