Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The PvP Ranking System

lol

Fighting people with a rating that differs by more than 100 from your own will never change your rating.

This is a load of crap!! we have all seen people lose titles in a funny way. 100 points in dfference is an out right lie.

I had rookie at lvl 200 was killed by a grey non titled person and was knocked down to freshman. This was the only person i had fought for 2 days this is pure garbage.

In fact i bet this is pure bs and this new system is part of the next patch not on live now.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Aberic; May 27th, 2002 at 18:03:05.

A few important questions:

1. There has been various rumours about the effect of /terminate in relation to pvp:
    1a. Do you lose pvp point if you use /terminate in a non pvp related context. (To get fast back from a mission fx).
    1b. If there a "winner/loser" if someone is fighting you in a pvp zone, and you use /terminate? Is that registered as a victory to the other part?

2. Can you gain/lose pvp-score to a person that is in rez shocks?

3. Lets say im a doc and during a pvp fight I cast a dot on that person. I then die, but the other person is killed by the dot shortly after. Do I get any points for that then? Does it matter if I ressurect in the same zone? Same applies to engis/mp/crats with pets, will the pet-user gain any points if the pet finishes off the opponent after the player has died?

4. Is it possibel to give any short explanation on when the game concludes you have killed a person? What counts what doesnt, ie being in teams pvping, multiple persons attacking the same...

I agree that this is a very vague explanation of this system. I cant believe it took a month for that little formula. Where are the factors that affect PvP as a whole?

Re: lol

Originally posted by meomy
    In fact i bet this is pure bs and this new system is part of the next patch not on live now.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I really hope that isnt the case, and doesnt believe so either. However based on Cosmic's text saying they have looked into a matter etc. it wouldnt supprise me if there has been an error in the system until now and they just wont tell it due to fear of player reactions. Its sad that the fc <-> player commuications in the last 6 months have made it so that you have hard to believe the fc representives - I really hope the last weeks improvements in the work of cosmik and the others will remove that mistrust.

A little note: Since the pvp score thingy is handled server-side it wouldnt require a patch to change. Actually one of the server-restarts experienced in the last weeks could have been because of that =)

what this aticle says is

if you are untitle you can only gain points from killing a freshman.

Well anyone who has pvp'ed for more than a month knows this is a flat out lie.

FC? How can you continue to lie to the people who play everyday and know the mechanics of the game from what they have seen on a repeated basis?

Man when will your company learn to work with its custumers instead of treating us like sheep?

Even though that 100 points rule sound a bit strange, I cannot believe that FunCom and Cz/Cosmik is lying to us about it like stated in previous replies.

I am just asking you to check into this one more time Cz/Cosmik to be sure.

And thanks for finally getting us the formula!
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

lol

When your getting paid you say what ever your boss tells you.

CZ/Cosmic have nothing to do with this they are only recieveing paychecks.

I'm really lost here, if I'm freshman and kill a novice, I still gain points then, right?
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

If the 100 point rule is correct, you should only fight players with the same title as you, if you want to be sure to gain pvp points.

If you are on the low end of freshamn and kill a player in the high end of rookie, you'll gain nada.
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

Apprentice Cosmik1 has 1670 points
    Novice Cosmik2 has 1750 points

1750 - 1670 = 80 = Rating Difference
    16 = Base Change
    0.04 = Change Modifier

16 + (0.04 x 80) = 19.2

If Apprentice Cosmik1 wins, he get's 19.2 points
    If Novice Cosmik2 wins, he get's 19.2 points

---------------------------------------------------

Novice Cosmik2 has 1750 points
    Novice Cosmik3 has 1755 points

1755 - 1750 = 5 = Rating Difference
    16 = Base Change
    0.04 = Change Modifier

16 + (0.04 x 5) = 16.2

If Novice Cosmik2 wins, he get's 16.2 points
    If Novice Cosmik3 wins, he get's 16.2 points

---------------------------------------------------

Alot more static system than I hoped for. I wonder about a few things tho. The Change_Modifier only makes sense if the one with the less points, actually win. Thus he get's more points than fighting one of his own point-range.

BUT, and this is a big but(t). This also applies even if the winner is the one with the most points. He actually get MORE points from killing someone with less skill (in this case Apprentice) than killing a theoretycally more skilled Novice opponent.

The Change_Modifier works in 2 out of 3 effects. (#1 and #3)

1) Winner has less points.
    2) Winner has most points.
    3) Risk of getting killed by one with less points.

In #1, the winner gets more points from the kill, because his victim had more points, thus beeing more skilled. This also creates #3. The looser loses more points from the kill, due to risk of dying to a less skilled opponenet.

In #2 however, the more skilled player gets an advantage, point-wise, from killing an "easy" opponent.

Why was it created this way?
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Re: =)

Originally posted by smekkes
    so when do we see the first Grandmaster ? :P

/muuu
    you will see a jedi master before a Grandmaster becouse after 14.2 and the soon release of swg anarchy online will be anarchy off line ..well for me any wayz =p

Post Stats on the pvp points

u should make a list where u could write something like /tell helpbot pvprank <name< and get your rank .. then people wouldn't be so confused, and we could see when we almost got a new title! that would rock ..

Re: Re: lol

Originally posted by JEB

I really hope that isnt the case, and doesnt believe so either. However based on Cosmic's text saying they have looked into a matter etc. it wouldnt supprise me if there has been an error in the system until now and they just wont tell it due to fear of player reactions. Its sad that the fc <-> player commuications in the last 6 months have made it so that you have hard to believe the fc representives - I really hope the last weeks improvements in the work of cosmik and the others will remove that mistrust.

A little note: Since the pvp score thingy is handled server-side it wouldnt require a patch to change. Actually one of the server-restarts experienced in the last weeks could have been because of that =)
    I think JEB is right on.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Re: Re: =)

Originally posted by Razers

you will see a jedi master before a Grandmaster becouse after 14.2 and the soon release of swg anarchy online will be anarchy off line ..well for me any wayz =p
    Wow, you are so witty, I think my head is going to explode.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Re: Re: Re: =)

Originally posted by Razishlyat
    Wow, you are so witty, I think my head is going to explode.
    He is. Razers kicks ass. See you in SWG bud! Wanna lick my lightsabre? *bzzzt!*
    Pfft!

OK i dont believe this system works completely appropriately, or i need some explanation....

Yesterday for example.... i killed quite a few clan... albeit some were nontitled...but they were higher levels like 140 plus... (although i was 190 at time) but up to maybe 175 or so...

then i get killed by a nontitle thats maybe 150 .... and i lose my title...

now according to your explanation i dont believe that i should be gaining points for my kills even if they are high level if they dont have title correct?

and in turn that non title.... i should not lose points for their kill? or am i mistaken?

secondly... does this mean that it is going to give me more points to kill a level 75 apprentice then to kill a level 175 non title? if so i dont know if that would be the best....not quite fair and all for the low levels...

Question This is not true

This is not true. The other day my brother was in MMD.. He was fighting a notitled and he was a rookie. He died and got knocked down to freshman.. How is this so if this scoring system is true?
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

"Only n00bs whine about twinks"

I've made a small program simulating the rules/formulas given by Cosmik. Im going to test a few scenarios with some friends to see if the rules are correct. Of couse this mean we have to roll a lot of new chars to be sure of the 1300 in score, so its going to take a few days before we can conclude anything.

A little notice. If I read this formula correct it mean that you will never gain anything from killing a person more than 4 times with 2 exceptions. If the one loosing is close to 1300 he cant go any lower and it will mean more fights (max 7). If the one loosing is having a 12 base_change and the other is just over the score required for a 8 base_change (max 5).

Hi

This whole thing looks like a bunch of garbage to me. However, for you conspiracy theorists out there, FC has no reason to lie about how the PvP system works. The only logical conclusion to the problems we face with title loss and title gains that do not comply with these formulas is this:

THIS GAME IS PLAGUED WITH BUGS.

95% of people that PvP have experienced problems that do not comply with these formulas. That's a bit too high of a rate of error. It bothers me that it took so long for them to release such "confidential information."

According to this system, you can get to Grand Master in approximately 100 kills without dying.

It causes a conflict here though:

"I lost my title to some newbie and I'v killed 4 apprentices already and STILL havn't gotten it back!"

With this formula, if you lose your title, you should have it back in 2 kills at most as long as those kills fit within your 100 range. Something is wrong.

==Dankman, the ganker who got pleasure and not points for his ganking.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast