Thread: Stupid Mez Bug

Stupid Mez Bug

Alright, when you're in a dungeon or mission, mez works fine. They stop. They don't attack. Wow.

But when I was hunting around the SW Mines in Lush Fields I saw what seems to be the gayest bug ever. Everytime I mezzed a mutant that came on me while I was fighting another -- they don't stop following you. He's mezzed, apparently 'asleep', but somehow he can haul ass and keep up with me NO MATTER WHAT.

And what's even more stupid - After the mez is taken off by my pet thwacking him, EVEN IF HE TAKES THE AGGRO THE !*&@(*&$^!@(*&$@$ MONSTER KEEPS FOLLOWING YOU! Now I don't know if this is intended, but if it is, hell, I might as cancel my account now because I'm not looking forward to anymore fun features like this.

-At

Does this seem to only happen with the mutants at the SW Mines, or any outdoor MOBs?
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Its only a visual bug. He seems to follow you, but if you run around a bit he is suddenly out of range. Actually this can happen inside missions aswell.
    ~Lone

It happens on all outside things, and never inside (unless they'll run to my position, and never move again.)

Yes, I know if I run far enough they'll just randomly disappear, but if you don't, then as far as the game is concerned they are there, because the aggro will keep jumping between the pet, and more often, me. Beyond that, AOE things still nail even if I'm a good amount away from their original position when I shot the mez, so I wouldn't quite call that a visual bug.

On top of that --- you guys know that if you try to mez something, then charm it while it's mezzed, the charm won't work, it'll just start attacking you and you can't recharm it (it still thinks it's charmed or something I think.) Only happened twice to me, because I never tried doing it again (deathtrap).

True. Happens a bit at both the popular mines in Lush Fields. Just covering all angles to make sure we haven't got some kind of new super mutant.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

This happens to me all the time especially at Shades and Claws in PM.

I start run low on nanos and after killing a bunch of mobs and sit down to recharge. It says I can't because I'm in a fight. So I stand there and wait for the one mob that couldn't find me to come from 70 miles away to finally get into view. Well it turns out he brought 3 friends. So I mezz the first one, then when I try to switch to target the second one I can't. Why can't I? Because the mezzed mob continues to stick to me and thus stands right on the same spot as his buddies. As a result, I the only way I know I've targeted the other mobs is when I mezz and they actually stop attacking. This especially becomes a problem when I wind up actually just retargeting the first one and I fumble, and you guessed it, the fumbled nano breaks mezz. 90% of the time, when I have stacked shades attacking me, I die because of this stupid visual bug.