Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Answers

Originally posted by gardner1
    I am finding i am fumbling MUCH more now, and can be potentially deadly if fighting an orange, dark orange mob.

Previously i would get a fumble about once every 5-20 mobs, usually on the more difficult casts (Energy Projectile; my MC = 284, cast req is 258) I use this fast high/variable damage mob the most once in battle and use Feet of Stone/E.P./FoS/E.P/FoS/E.P. until it is dead.

I now have fumbles at least ONCE per fight!

This I HOPE, is NOT as it is intended!

Please, have a dev comment!

I will cross post this on the NT board.

thanks.
    No changes have been made to the nano execution fumble rate. Of course, please let us know if you believe otherwise by feedback here or here in this thread. For example, gardner1, you say you fumble every fight now. Is there a regular pattern to this? Do you fumble when something particular happens?
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Originally posted by Frawk
    I am not sure if this is any help BUT.....

sometimes i sit and try and healmyself, or increase my nano pool and i get a u cannot do that even though I am sitting and have myself selected.

I beleve other people have this problem and zone to solve it, however i have a work around!

press ESC to deselect yourself, go to external view and click on yourself (dont hit F1).... then try again, you may need to stand up and sit again.

Anyhoo works for me, so givit a try

Curmrat

Nb how can i change the random name I gave as a alias for these boards?
    Thanks for the information. This bug is known and a fix is currently in the works.

As for changing your name, give me a yell and help you out.

Originally posted by Thug
    Just a quick note. Before the storyline started you stated that both servers would have multiple events spanning american and euro primetimes.

This was a concern of players even before the storyline started. they were worried they would be left out.

Well, in case you didn't know, they are indeed being left out, someone at funcom is making you look extremely bad "pie in face?".

If you look through the forums it's just starting to upset a lot of people now, another month of this kind of treatment and your going to see players threatening to cancel and demanding reduced monthly fees because we're not receiving the same kind of service as the RK1 Americans are.

RK2 has been completely ignored. and so have the Europeans on RK1, the Euro's on RK2 have it twice as bad since we can't even get events on american time for RK2.

Someone over there is making you eat your words Cosmik, perhaps you can put a stop to it.
    Thug, thank you for bringing this up, as it's something I've been meaning to comment on. However, Fadinaway has beaten me to the punch, and is actually more qualified to comment on this as he is the Events Coordinator/Team Lead.

Sion, from AO Basher, wrote an article last week discussing how European players can get involved in the storyline. In the article, Sion quotes an email from Fadinaway, discussing the status of events and the timezones they happen in.

The article containing the quote from Fadinaway can be found here

Fadinaway also responds in the comment section to comments from players. Just so you don't have to pick through and find it, here is what was said:

We heard through Funcom's eventsmanager, Jerry Godwin, that RubiKa 2 will have none or few official events. We (as in RK2-ers) will have to rely on the RK1-storyline until we have a decent population.”:

One quick point, there is no RK1 storyline and RK2 storyline. There is only one base storyline. How people react on RK1 and RK2 may differ and affect the story in odd ways, but there is only one base story. It is very true that RK1 has seen more events and more visual evidence, in the form of events, than RK2.

The meeting that Budhard is referring to happened yesterday with three guild leaders and a couple people in the guilds, I apologize for not having the names handy. I really think this statement is being taken out of context. I clearly stated we are working on ways to improve the events situation on RK2, and I also never stated you have to wait for your population to grow to get story events. I did, however, state that a lot of story events happen on RK1 because that is where we can affect the largest audience. I also stated it would be great for the players to create their own events on RK2 as well. There was a concern that only RK1 player ‘:stories’: were heard, therefore I basically said for them to give us some newsworthy stories.

As a note of direction, I had a short discussion today regarding events on RK2 and the ability to affect European players. From what I can tell, this goes hand in hand. There are a lot of European players on RK2. We are working on ways to improve this entire situation, and I feel if we can improve events on RK2, we will effectively do the same for European players. Please let me know if I am way off base on thinking there is a large European base on RK2. This, BTW, was a direct result of my discussion with the guild leaders on RK2 yesterday.

The comments referred to by Budhard are in no way a group of ‘:End Game’: comments. We are aware of a situation on RK2 and we want to correct that situation. Yesterday gave me a lot of face to face insight on how some players are really feeling. This thread gives me even more.

Gurnie, I read your comments while typing this novel. Thanks for helping clear some of that up.

Thanks for reading,

Jerry Godwin (there goes my cover.. )
    Fadinaway
    Anarchy Online Events Coordinator / Team Lead

So, I hope that helps clear up some questions and helps put some minds at ease. The current situation concerning RK2 and European players (and players from other non-US timezones) will be addressed and corrected. I look forward to participating with you in these events.

Oh, and I'm Australian too. I know exactly how you guys feel not being in US timezones. This is one thing I've been trying to overcome by talking to players in-game at various timezones. If anyone talks to me in-game at I act weird, it's probably because it's 4am in the morning.

Originally posted by Papers

My question is this ... Will [the upcoming] team missions give a token reward for each member of the team? While I know they do not do so now, or at least did not on the mission I went on, will this change in the future?
    Yes, each member in the team will get a token if a token is offered. You won't have to fight your team mates for it.

Originally posted by starknaked
    I would like to participate in the screenshot contest, but why do the screenshots have to be at 1600x1200 resolution?

My 17 inch monitor can't even be set at 1600x1200, so I don't think it's even possible for me to take screenshots at that resolution.

What's the point of having them be at such a high resolution anyway? That's much bigger than most people set their monitors to when they're web browsing, so if the winning screenshots are posted to the website, they'll probably be shrunk down to 1024x768 anyway.
    Yup, reality is right. I know I got alot of /tells today about the screen resolution, and we've been following the threads both here and on other boards. As a result, the screenshot competition has been expanded. You can read the addition here.

Originally posted by NikkiDial
    What is the deal with these unique creatures. Alot of the creatures that are unique often do not spawn items after being killed (Yes I know they are unique because we have looted special items off of them before.) I mean heck we have to wait like 24 hours before it spawns again and to have no loot just sucks. E****ially how hard alot of them are.

What is the deal with most of these items? 1-2 items we have found are actually usefull. Mostly though the items are only usable by a level 1 player or are only wearable by a level 150+++++ but nowhere usefull to a person at that level. I wont give out specific info on what the items are or where to find them since its part of guild fun if you do it yourselves as a group, but I will mention a few things not too specific.

Flags- What the heck are those?
    Reqs - Who can ever possibly get 801 stamina??? (No this is not currantly possible with even a level 200 Atrox character)
    Modifiers - Why would someone put on inferior armor that only a levle 100+ character could wear when ANY other piece of armor is far better but doesnt have the +2 Nano Programing or other insignificant bonus it gives.

No this isnt a flame because we actually have fun hunting and killing Uniques, BUT there are alot of things that seem a little odd. Just not fun going after something and there is no item or the item would be far inferior to any item at any level you could wear it at. Could you give us a few hints on what you expected the loot and loot cycles to be like so we dont get discouraged in our search for nice loot :O)
    MOBs might have several possible items they can drop, each with their own percentage probability of dropping. Some of them will exclude other items from dropping, some not. Most MOBs also have a chance of dropping nothing (excluding credits). So, this "equation" allows MOBs to drop certain items at random times. This defines "unique" because the chance of getting an item is less that the chance of getting an item of a MOB that drops loot all the time. If MOBs were designed to drop loot all the time, the probability of finding certain items would be increased. Would they really be all that unique when someone can kill a MOB over and over and be ensured of a "unique" drop every time? Unlikely. So, the reason MOBs don't always drop loot (in this case unique loot) is to ensure that loot stays unique.

Originally posted by reality
    Thanks, Cosmik.

Next question :
    If the story on RK1 and 2 is the same, does that mean we both get the same events, or that one event is on RK1, and another on RK2 ?
    If both get the same events, what will happen if they have a different outcome on both servers ?
    The story is the same on both dimensions, but the same events will not be held on both (except some very special ones, where e.g. a different outcome won't mess things up). Which dimension an event will be run on will vary. We can take the event on RK1 today for example. Two members of Dark Carnival were put on trial for the assassination of a Henry Radiman clone. Naturally, RK2 did not have the ingredients that lead up to this event (such as Dark Carnival existing on RK2, or Aberic being on that dimension), so this event did not take place on RK2. It will work both ways as well. The way the players shape the story on RK2 will determine what events follow on RK2 only, and not on RK1 as well.

Originally posted by Ornelia
    They are definitely appearing after the last patch. Yesterday I picked up a Bright Sprinting Cluster QL90 in one of the Advanced Shops.

Description is strange though - It doesn't list the exact increase but says "This cluster will increase your running speed up to 60 points"

Nice to see them finally dropping.
    Yes, it is indeed true. Sprinting clusters are now at your local nanocluster shop. There was a little hiccup with them existing in the databse (so we could look there and go "Hey, they ARE in the game!) versus actually existing in-game. Obviously that is not longer a concern.

Originally posted by Khun
    ok Cosmik, thx for take a look at my post...let me clarify (i'm spanish and english is a bit difficult to me):

GL have to shot every 5 seconds(2,5 for reload and 2,5 for shot...only 1 bullet)...before 13.0 patch my GL was shotting every 10 seconds (double that it should be) and with 13.0 patch it shots every second(like a fast gun), but only every 5-10 seconds the shot gets a real hit...i think there is a little problem with reloads (maybe a bit slow), with dmg output (very low) and there is a real problem with animation (it shots too fast).

That's all.
    Thx.
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you Khun. I have some answers for you now.

The Grenade Launcher has an attack and recharge time of 2.5 seconds each. This means 2.5 seconds from the attack starts until the damage is dealt, and another 2.5 seconds from damage is dealt until the next attack can start (during which you may do other stuff without interfering with the attack, e.g. reload).

However, the Grenade Launcher has only one grenade loaded at a time, which means that after the attack time is has to reload, not just recharge. This takes longer than 2.5 seconds, and is why the weapon can only attack about once every ten seconds.

The animation gets run repeatedly when reloading, which is a bug we're aware of and working on fixing.

I hope that helps you out.

Originally posted by SuupaSayen
    Since I got my nifty backpack I've been wondering, when are they going to fix tutoring. I did some tests, it deducted my skill correctly, but it didn't xfer any at all. I really hope that they can fix it sometime soon because I'm taking a break from lvling and need about 20 complit for my new belt .
    Tutoring will definately be fixed so it works as it is meant to. QA is currently looking into it and although there is no ETA at this stage, we hope to have it fixed very soon. Keep an eye out for it.

Originally posted by NikkiDial
    Biomech armor- The pieces dont give the treatment nor the First Aid modifier at this time. Also the cloak says its goes on the chest instead of the back.

Tutoring - Right now this skill doesnt work. We reallllly need this skill fixed so we have some way to up our Computer Lit and Nano Programming. Not mentioning all the other skills it would be good for in the trade lines. Right now the high level players (except agents and traders) dont have any real way to wear items they should be wearing because of the nerfs so far. We also only have a select few that can even do implants at hihger levels and the only reason the 1-2 that can have the 1k boards to give the 210 bonus to NP. Whatever your reasons this should be fixed and can be fixed easily. I dont mind spending IP to raise skills that Are maxxed but still not able to get in items I need on.

Treatment Uniforms - I dont think every piece actually works. Please fix them.

Bracers - Do these actually work? Im not sure if they are supposed to do. I think they are supposed to reflect back a percentage of the damage back on to the attacker. Right now though I often see a message for "Ace Ruffian is hit for 11 damage from your shield" or some crap like that.

No Drop - Why are some items no drop because lazy coding? Many items that you want to stay on the body upon death are given a No Drop status. Not because you dont want them traded, but because you have only put in coding for one instance of an item. Either it stays or it can go. MA attacks should be tradeable. Many of the rings should be tradeable. Not to mention many other things.

Well thats my quick list. Can anyone else come up with some easy and USEFULL fixes of your own that improves gameplay. No I dont want to see silly things like no head when you leave a Yal with glasses on though. I mean something that would impact positively the gameplay and be done with ease on any patch.
    Biomech armor: QA is looking into this in an effort to find out what's happening there. I'll keep my eyes peeled for more news on it

Tutoring: Tutoring will be fixed. We hope to have it fixed very soon.

Treatment Uniforms: Yes, we are aware some of the pieces are not giving the modifiers stated. We're working on correcting this.

Bracers: Which bracers? (There are several kinds.) If this is about the reflection bracers, they are working, but don't give any visual feedback about this (in the chat window). They will be fixed.

NoDrop: I'll pass along the suggestion of making MA attacks tradeable. I'll also inquire as to why certain items are NoDrop. So, hang tight.

Regarding Adventurer concerns:

Multiple ranged buff: Yes indeed, there are plans to include a nano program to buff Multiple Ranged. There's a very good chance it will be an Adventurer profession nano, although not self-only.

Team Free Movement: This will definately be fixed. No estimate at the moment, but it's on it's way.

Polymorphs: There are no current plans to change them at the moment (or to add more that I'm aware of), but if you guys and gals keep giving suggestions, I'll keep bugging the devs. Muaha.

Heals: Adventurer heals have much shorter recharge times than Martial Artist heals, and also go to higher levels. This helps balance out the large heals that Martial Artists obtain. There are no plans on changing any of the healing nanos at this time.

Damage Shields: There are no current plans to change the damage shields, but like above, I'll keep voicing your concerns along as long as you keep passing them to me.

Pistols: New pistols will probably be included later on, though like the other new items coming in patches, they will be available through missions and tradeskills. I know pistols are of a major concern so I'll be doing all I can to make sure the devs know that.

Originally posted by Megabio
    Well, now that I look at it, there are MANY names that are the same as Rubi-1 / Rubi-2.

Didn't think it was ever gonna happen, but one can still look at the old facts, right?

Well, you can make ANY name from Rubi-1 on Rubi-2, and vice versa.

Try it.
    ~Chris

EDIT: APprantly it only works when you make a name that was on Rubi-ka 2 on rubi-1.
    The programmers are currently looking into this and the impact this would have on inter-dimensional travel. At the moment, there are no problems but down the track, well, it'll have to be planned for so citizens of Rubi-Ka don't suddenly combust when they meet their alter-ego.

Originally posted by Stanbeast
    As all of you have probably noticed I am one that like to make noise when I see that there is something seriously wrong. The squeaky wheel always gets the oil and us soldiers for some reason are not squeaky. Lets not silence ourselves and speak up so that they notice our class is needing a lot of attention.

When I started to play AO I was drawn to two classes;

Enforcers because they were melee and I thought “these guys can do some damage”

Soldier because they had guns and I though “a gun must do a lot more damage the a sword or a mace”

How many of you thought the same thing? Some people say re-roll and honestly I will play this gimp (lvl 81 soldier) before I re-roll, I have spent way to much time to get him where he is at. Just like Asherons Call and my axer that was a total gimp because only Mages ruled that game… That is exactly why I quit and came to AO… I expected balance and it is simply not here as it should be. I will admit it is better then AC (that is why I have not left) but faaaaaaaaar from where it should be.

The fact that soldiers can’t use nanos worth a crap does not bother me at all.. I mean we are soldier… we are stupid… but the fact that enforcer are also “stupid’ but have great nano’s does make me mad.

As soldier we have to up 100000000 skills so we do not really have enough IP to spare for nanos.. If you want to focus on evades and attack you will not have enough IP’s left over for nanos and all you higher lvl soldiers know exactly what I amt talking about soooo I don’t want nanos, if you fix is nano’s don’t do it.. I am not interested unless they are SUPER low req nanos that will match the soldiers weakness in that areas.

I want to be able to take damage in a perfect world but if I can only take ½ the damage of an enforcer I should deal double. Make up for the damage I cannot take with the damage I can give.

A ql 121 weapon hitting for 10 damage is just not acceptable.. I mean come on.. I crit for that at lvl 1!

I am not saying that soldiers need to be better then enforcer or MA in pvp or pvm I am saying they should be equal.

I almost fear lvling because I know the higher up I am getting the less I can do. At lower lvls missions at 60-70 diff were ok I could do them. At lvl 81 if I pick up a 50% mission I am lucky to be able to do it.

How to fix this, make my burst damage do more then my single shot crit, make my fa do more damage then my single hit crit, and make my nova not hit for friggin 10 damage.

Soldiers plz bump and add your comments to this..
    Soldiers will be looked at and updated in the same manner as the other professions done so far. I don't have a time frame on me though, sorry, as there are still some professions still getting updated at the moment, but I've taken note of the issues you have noted and I'll refer to them once the Soldier is up for its change. In fact, I'll add this thread to a summary of mine so I ensure it gets looked at by others.

Originally posted by CaptFallout
    We all know by now that Tank armor really ruins MK shield casting.

MK5 with tank needs about 1800 nano... fine.

I used to use MK5, now i have to use MK2 (I only have about 750 nano)

Fine... I downgrade my MK shield.

Here's the problem...

An old bug was that if your Deflect shield's level was higher than the MK shield, MK shield wouldn't cast "over" it.

this means that I'm forced to use crappy deflect shields if I want MK shield to cast over it. If I don't, I have to open the character window and cancel that nano... I can't do that in time to cast MK shield!

Please fix this... and reconsider this tank thing.

Tank is for tanks... and right now it breaks tanks nanos! HELP!

This problem is worst in PvP since a good deflect shield (20% or so) can't be worn if you want to use MK shield quickly.

Damn.
    The MK not executing over the deflect shield is being looked at. I'll let you know of the progress as I get told myself.

Originally posted by Fewlkilla
    Just wanted some feedback on this topic. I understand credits can be bought on Ebay.. I went to Ebay and did a search for "Anarchy Online" and found many people selling credits, even organizations. Even lately, I've seen players online, and ingame actually trying to push thier credit sales over the shopping channels, for real cash, which to me is totally unacceptable in a RPG environment.

This type of problem can cause a great unbalance in the world, as low level players with RL rich pockets would have no problem at all with finding and affording practically anything they need. The sellers on these trade sites sell anywhere from 1 million to 300 million at a time to someone, for anywhere from 50$ to $500.

What is Funcom's regard to this?

Being a former GM of EverQuest, I was around the office when our money system of mostly Platinum was being sold on Ebay for real cash. In turn, Verant came in touch with Ebay, and requested anything remotely involved with EQ to be removed immediatly when posted. Back then, this was then fixed. I'm not sure if it's still fixed or not.

I would just like some feedback on this issue. Thanks.
    Ok guys, official stance:

As some have already pointed out, the EULA states: "You may not sell or auction any Funcom characters, items, coin or copyrighted material."

This is what eBay is all about. So no, we don't support the selling of any in-game items or accounts on eBay. We reserve the right to take action against those that do. In fact, we have banned some accounts that were up for sale on eBay.

We do take the EULA seriously. It's there for a reason. I hope Gaute's article in which he talks about expoiting shows you that. I can only hope you guys take it as seriously.

Originally posted by Chilly
    1. Is the range nerf going to ever be undone? It is a very important asset to NT's, and I don't know any NT that sat around hunting only plants and other stationary targets.

2. Was the change to the auto attack, which was annoying before, by attacking anything and everything that attacked me, an intended change, or is it a bug?

3. Is calm also broken or intentionally changed? Before you answer this one, understand that I did try this on a green mob and was also immediately aggroed as soon as my character moved.

4. Why did I spend money and IP to use range increasing nanos if they are effectively nerfed? More over, why did you bother fixing them last patch and nerf them at the same time?

1. Not at the moment, no. I know it's a big issue, and I've passed on new arguments to the designers. I hope to get an update today.

2. Answered in this thread

3. No changes have been made to 'calm' nanos, but the bug that makes you go into attack mode when using nanos at MOBs might break the calm very quickly

4. Range increasing nanos are not nerfed. They work, but any nano program is still limited to the 40m range cap. E.g. a nano program with a range of 25m will benefit from any range increasing nanos that increase range up to 160% (of normal range). Regarding IP, the skills the range increases use are also requirements for other nano lines. So, I'm not too sure how you can be wasting IP for the fact that you raise those skills anyway to use other nanos.

Originally posted by Mustafo

Cosmik what about roots. My root only lasts about 3 seconds on any MOB now. Even if I don't attack it. Also there is an issue where the client sees the root when the MOB is standing but the server allows the MOB to move closer. I have seen this in team fighting with my MA where a root was cast and when I try to attack it where my client sees it I am out of range. I move halfway towards the person that rooted it and bingo I have found the MOB even though I am now 20 meters away from it according to the client.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Scorus

Just a guess here, but could it be because you ARE attacking it, even though you may hit Q before you actually land a punch. As soon as you are casting the root you are attacking. Just a guess.

And this isn't just an NT issue. Crats can't use their roots, mezzes, fears OR charms. All our crowd control lines are shot.

Scorus
    Ok, the guys are still looking into this. What Scorus said could be true, but I can neither confirm or deny it at this point. The auto-attack bug will be fixed in 13.4, so we shall find out then. In the meantime, I'll make sure this continues to get attention.

Originally posted by starknaked
    Supposedly vehicles wouldn't unequip any more after you zone, but they still do.
    From the 13.4 patchnotes (if you already hadn't noticed):

When zoning to an indoor playfield with a vehicle equipped, it will no longer drop to your inventory, but be disabled. It will then be marked red in your wear view. When you enter an outdoor playfield again, it will automatically be enabled.

So there you go. The fix is on its way.

Originally posted by nhaz
    Cosmic. The fixers across Rubi1 and rubi2 would really like a answer to wether or not we are going to be a CLASS. or just a second rate soldier.

We currently have nothing that other class's don't have and do better at.

Basicly where is the fixer going ? you have I am sure read all the notes and details and whines and flames and the trolls. And the Ideas.

I have one that I didn't see mentioned anywhere. Fixer=hacker therefore fixers Special skill could be rather simple hacking other peoples NCUs.

To be able to remove negative buffs on yourself and on others also be able to "rip" positive buffs off people and Mobs.

Its simple and it fits the class description.

party member: "damn ive got this damn trader debuff on me I can't cast any decent nanos" or " darn snared right at the end of the fight now I gotta wait 3 mins" and "damn it! Completly rooted down! for 4 mins!"

Fixer: "hey I can fix that in a jiffty, come over here a sec lemme just run some anti virral nanos on you. yeap there we are that 7 mins of downtime has been removed. you are clear of that nasty debuff"

Fhaz, Fixer? rubi 2
    I've checked with the developers and the Fixers are going to get some additions that help solidify their description and purpose (and I'm talking more than the "super deuper" thing). The Fixers will be Fixers.

Unfortunately (and I can feel you aiming your SMGs at me now) I can't give you any leaks. Whats under development is still under development, so I can't comment on it just yet, but I'll keep pushing for public information.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast