Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: allow invisible mode on chat

Originally posted by Cosmik
    This is quite a good idea. To the population in general - do you feel you would want this? i.e. Do you want to hide from your jilted friends and lovers, or that big Atrox that you owe a bet to?
    w00t! (as they say) Cosmik thinks i had a good idea! yay!

alright... here's the rest of my good idea then:

1. anyone you put on /ignore should *never* be able to see that you are online. this especially goes for when you are on the chat server. when I am on chat, the people who are onmy ignore list can contact me, and so i am pummeled with their irate tells asking why they are on ignore... not always a pleasant situation. Ignore should not just filter tells, but should also make you always appear offline to people on the ignore list

2. lurking should be enabled. as in, there should be an /appear offline option that can be toggled on and off... this would be useful both for high level players wanting to avoid pestering tells for buffs,a nd for when you are either busy ing ame, or in real life.

with this, you would be able to communicate iwth people you wanted to talk to, and when you'd sent them a tell, they would not be met with "user offline" messages, but could have a regular conversation
    I think this is already an optoin for Arks/GMS? I know the people wh ohave assisted me with petitions never appear online on my friends list ever again

3. the option to /appear invisible to a certain user or a few users, seperate from the /ignore command... so that you can still recieve their messages but don't have to be invisible to everyone

That's what i'd like. hehehe. for my birthday maybe?

Thanks!
    Zyx
    Zyxlhyperbouncing firebrand trader going up in flames of black shiny kirch kevlar twirling armor spinning sparks and smoke

I demand Miir release her summer line! and her winter line! and her fall collection!

And I want a kevlar combat bikini too please... and a summon-and-debuff Leet for all of those pesky people wanting wrangles

While I'm being greedy and demanding... I'd like to be a little taller too, and I think I really want a few wigs for fun, and maybe a hat or two, and some irridescent purple guns that do cold damage. Got that? Good. I'm waiting impatiently here

*bump!*

I like all these ideas!

More control over chat, and a way to "hide" would be great.
    Sure friends are great, but there are sometimes when you just want to do a quick mission or something, and you dont have time to chat, or to explain *why* you dont have time to chat.
    Afk does help somewhat, but it you still end up with spam messages and you still have to explain why the hell you were afk for 3 hours yesterday and then logged off.

So yay for invisi-switch!

Change so if I don't have added the person to my friend list he will always see me as offline and also get the message that I am offline.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Bump.
    Gontrokka 155 Enforcer
    When the going gets tough, the others start running!

Captain Baxie Orbin 204 Trader
    - Baby, you look good enough to eat!

Countezz 23 Adventurer
    - Who'd have thought a Steve Irwin wannabe could kick so much ass!

"Baby, you look good enough to eat!"

Originally posted by edict

Yes

Just make sure when people are /invisible that if someone sends them a tell they get the message "person is offline, msg buffered"!
    EDICT! oh edict old friend! hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for supporting me

and send a tell sometime
    (this is still Ariste, really, i promise... just a new name, a new face, a new mission and i'm omni now)
    Zyxlhyperbouncing firebrand trader going up in flames of black shiny kirch kevlar twirling armor spinning sparks and smoke

I demand Miir release her summer line! and her winter line! and her fall collection!

And I want a kevlar combat bikini too please... and a summon-and-debuff Leet for all of those pesky people wanting wrangles

While I'm being greedy and demanding... I'd like to be a little taller too, and I think I really want a few wigs for fun, and maybe a hat or two, and some irridescent purple guns that do cold damage. Got that? Good. I'm waiting impatiently here

I am the thing that goes bump in the night!!!!
    Gontrokka 155 Enforcer
    When the going gets tough, the others start running!

Captain Baxie Orbin 204 Trader
    - Baby, you look good enough to eat!

Countezz 23 Adventurer
    - Who'd have thought a Steve Irwin wannabe could kick so much ass!

"Baby, you look good enough to eat!"

I am the thing that goes Bump! in the day!

bump!

i can turn invisible now, well physically... but honestly, that's still not good enough!

I *want* to be able to appear offline.

Come on Cosmik! Its a good idea give us some feedback. is it going to happen? is it going to happen today?

*crosses her fingers* I'd really like it to happen today

Zyx

I've always felt that this option was needed, and have even posted this suggestion before. Some people really need this, especially guild leaders of large organisations etc.

Bump! Agree! Implement this!

bump! you are too far down...

this is something only moneylenders and beggars could possibly object to

come on. let those of us who have reasons ot hide be able to! please?

Good idea *Bump*
    "Omni-Tek protects"?
    So does Durex, so what?"

-Caloss2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12