Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: allow invisible mode on chat

allow invisible mode on chat

Title's pretty clear, but...
    Allow players to have some sort of /invisble toggle so that they do not appear on other peoples buddy lists as onl ine, when in game or on the java chat server.

This'd be a big help for a lot of folks, I'm thinking

Zyx
    Zyxlhyperbouncing firebrand trader going up in flames of black shiny kirch kevlar twirling armor spinning sparks and smoke

I demand Miir release her summer line! and her winter line! and her fall collection!

And I want a kevlar combat bikini too please... and a summon-and-debuff Leet for all of those pesky people wanting wrangles

While I'm being greedy and demanding... I'd like to be a little taller too, and I think I really want a few wigs for fun, and maybe a hat or two, and some irridescent purple guns that do cold damage. Got that? Good. I'm waiting impatiently here

This is quite a good idea. To the population in general - do you feel you would want this? i.e. Do you want to hide from your jilted friends and lovers, or that big Atrox that you owe a bet to?
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Two sides of this story...

1. My friends list is growing quit large now....

2. It's easier to fint ppl to team with, do implants, do monster parts, do whatever with all those ppl to pick from.... The thing is just to remember who did what.

So...
    How about another window. All you talk to don't end up in your friends window, but an "accosiates window" (forgive me if spelled wrong ), where you can right click them and get a small info msg about them. (lvl, prof, side, guild) And if you accept them, they are transfered to the good ol' friends window.

This way the user can seperate the two lists, and don't get that aweful long scroll in the friends window.
    Malcom Freiman, aka Corz, Clanner RK2

We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police.

Lightbulb use /ignore?

Hmm, not sure I like the idea as it stands. However, if you /ignore someone, that should be a permanent toggle, and you should never show up in their friends window as online aslong as you continue to /ignore them. That would be better than a blanket /invisible, though probably harder to implement.

Not a /invisible to everyone, please no.... i'd rather a:

/invisible <person you want to hide from>

hehe

All you really have to do if u don't want to be bothered is type /afk...... it would be nice if u added a message there like "/afk i'm away eating leave me alone... :P"

Although i'd be in ultimate joy if you modified the friends list to only show people that are online, and remove all the rest... or at least have a toggle... list gets to big... or even sort so all online people are moved to the top......... not really on topic but bugs me....

edit: i like Darkbanes idea also /ignore should pull you out of their friends list and your friends list... hehe

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Daxe
    Although i'd be in ultimate joy if you modified the friends list to only show people that are online, and remove all the rest... or at least have a toggle... list gets to big... or even sort so all online people are moved to the top......... not really on topic but bugs me....

edit: i like Darkbanes idea also /ignore should pull you out of their friends list and your friends list... hehe
    I like both of these ideas.

For example, the "Show All/Show Active" button (I'm at work so I may have the wording wrong) to only show the chat channels that you have "turned on" instead of having to scroll past Clan Seeking Team 1-10, Clan Seeking Team 10-20, etc etc..

Just have a Toggle for "Show Online/Show All" in the Friends window. Oh would that make my life easier.

Oh, and I still *really* want a "Guild" section in my friends list which is automatically updated by the server (the server knows when new members are added to my guild -- I have to manually add them when I find out about them).

And yes, I like Darkbane's idea about /ignore taking you out of the ignored person's friends list so you appear offline to them.

Regards,

--Tsk

Originally posted by Daxe
    ... or even sort so all online people are moved to the top...
    The friends list does this already, if you move people you want to keep out of the ? section of the list (right click and then select the "person in a star" icon) it'll sort them by online/offline status.

As for the rest, once your real friends are out of the ? area, random people who send you tells are easily cleared off the list with a /cc rembuddy ? command.
    Joshua "Tenzian" Danczak

It's a great idea.

Sometimes you jsut want to be by yourself and you wish you could disable all incoming /tells.

When you go into invisible mode it should hold all incoming /tells as if you were offline, then deliver them to you when you go online.

Speaking of.. What does everyone think about a larger message inbox for when you're offline? I would also like to have messages logged when I'm /afk so that when I set myself back, I can see all the messages I received while I was gone and have since scrolled up out of my scrollback.

--Tsk

I prefer to have the option/control over who knows I am online. If I want to log in and avoid everyone so I can just relax and do some stuff alone thats my business. I really do not want the tons of tells and associated guilt of having to turn down everyone that is begging me to go group or buff them or whatever.

I am far from antisocial, but sometimes I just feel like being left alone, sorta like being home and not answering the phone. Oh, and also make it look like I am offline if someone does send a tell. I have had friends in other games that would run a "/tell username . " macro every 15 minutes just to see which of their friends were and were not online regardless of /anon status.

Originally posted by Cosmik
    This is quite a good idea. To the population in general - do you feel you would want this?
    Yes

Just make sure when people are /invisible that if someone sends them a tell they get the message "person is offline, msg buffered"!
    edict
    Clan Archdeacon

"Nothing worth while is ever easy"

This is quite a good idea. To the population in general - do you feel you would want this? i.e. Do you want to hide from your jilted friends and lovers, or that big Atrox that you owe a bet to?
    Yes I would like to see this implemented. There are some days I just want to be left alone to do what I need to do.

Originally posted by Tenz

The friends list does this already, if you move people you want to keep out of the ? section of the list (right click and then select the "person in a star" icon) it'll sort them by online/offline status.

As for the rest, once your real friends are out of the ? area, random people who send you tells are easily cleared off the list with a /cc rembuddy ? command.
    You can also rightclick select delete no need to type so much.
    Last edited by Serena; May 31st, 2002 at 19:29:13.

I'd settle for a way to ignore EVERYONE not in your friends list. God know how many times i've had some lvl10ish clannie hanging in my skirts in nlc when i'm picking missions. Standing right there next to me using tells .. "PLS, ESS PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ!!!!" 40 times in 1 minute.
    Splatmaker

Proud Ragnarok member

Splatmaker -- Enforcer
    Darquan --Soldier (Retired)

"Stop wasting air on my planet" - Meetloaf
    "Aman skattadu wattaman skattadu" - Anonymous crazy little trader

I like every single one of these ideas, but I'd ALSO like to see a way to delete channels...for example, I still have to scroll past:

OT seeking team 1-10
    OT seeking team 10-20
    and the rest until I get to my
    OT seeking team 50-75

Also, I have no need for a
    OT shopping 1-50
    anymore. I would like to just be able to shut all these channels permenantly off. It's so painful to scroll past tons and tons of channels to switch between [Team] and [InsertOrgNameHere].
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Post yes

Yes, please give us more control over chat. You´ve done a good job with the chat so far....

all we need now is

- control over who can see me online
    - self defined folders to store names (guild/friends/foes )
    - hotkeys for channel switching
    - COPY/PASTE !!!!!!

...oh, nm I never thought about having the chance to that ever.

Regarts

hmmm chat.....

Now that we are talking about chat and improvement in this topic - I think that it would be a great idea with the /ignore would put you offline on the list.

A good idea for the chatwindow itself would be like what they have done in DAoC - where they have different windows/fans for different kind of chats. So that there is a window for all chats, one for /tells only, one for guildchat, etc. AO could also have one for buffered msg.

That way you could easily switch window/channel - if you had been in battle and didn't really see your friend's /tell because dmg text was rolling so fast down the screen that you didn't really saw anything but a blue blur (and who hasn't tried that).

Also make the background in the chatwindow a bit darker (but still transparent) so its easier to read the different colours of text.

Arrow

Yeah, tabbed chat windows for different purposes would be a big help. Also, split the window so combat messages would have their own section so you would not loose team chat in a flood of damage messages....

Originally posted by edict

Yes

Just make sure when people are /invisible that if someone sends them a tell they get the message "person is offline, msg buffered"!
    Damn it! I want to be the ugliest!

This is a horrible idea.

All the MP's and traders will be offline all the time. Then how am i supposed to bug them?

seriously though, it sounds pretty good to me.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

To the population in general - do you feel you would want this? i.e. Do you want to hide from your jilted friends and lovers, or that big Atrox that you owe a bet to?
    I most definately would like to hide on occassion. I spend some game sessions afk more than I am actually at the keyboard due to RL. It would be great if all my friends did not think I was blowing them off when they see me online but not answering them in guildchat, appearing as offline and having messages buffered would be perfect for those times.
    Flann - Doctor
    Kwoung - Martial Artist
    Acidwash - Fixer (semi-retired)
    Rubi-Ka 2
    The Descendants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast